Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record (15211 Views)

Onne Customs Makes N54.1bn Revenue, N443m Seizures / Customs Makes 596 Seizures, Rakes In N8.6b In Six Months / Dogara Releases Pay Slips For Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by mikejj(m): 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
what will they use the money for
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by basty: 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
okay
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by wellmax(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
He achieved this without wearing uniforms.
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by owasiu: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
I want to make that amount every month.
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by AntiWailer: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ekykool:
I'm not surprised. I was charged 57k custom duty for a wrist watch and birthday candles I received through USPS, excluding the 100 USD the sender paid already.

They should keep on feeding fat off the masses smh.
lol.

You are lucky na send dem send am.

I bought mine online after doing yanga to a local store that it is too expensive.

The landing cost no make me wear the watch. it is so precious. grin it is much more than the price of the one in the local store.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by martineverest(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Where are those haters
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by SalamRushdie: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Teewhy2:
grin A whopping 100 billion was made within 6 months, that is why they don't want the man to succeed , half of the money would have gone to individuals pocket.
The best way to silence critics is performance , if he likes he should put on Boxers and Tee shirt to work. Nigeria is blessed with opportunities and resources but corruption is the other of the day. Even with the drop in Volume of importation they could achieve this feat is something to be proud of.
i hope the excess money can be put to good use.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

What do you expect when tarriffs are up by 85 percent ..Try and use your head before you talk

3 Likes

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by BabaO2: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
This not revenue, but extortion from helpless Nigerians that are struggling to make ends meet.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by rufaikoko(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
Dat guy shall go put on uniform abeg. Nyamiris how market?
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by deomelo: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

What do you expect when tarriffs are up by 85 percent ..Try and use your head before you talk

Of course, Igbos have excuses for everything. grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by deomelo: 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
BabaO2:
This not revenue, but extortion from helpless Nigerians that are struggling to make ends meet.

Or maybe because the customs is their their job and what we pay them taxpayers money to do.

1 Like

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by shineeye1: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Teewhy2:

http://punchng.com/breaking-customs-break-revenue-record/

A most effective way to silence detractors like our lootyslethieves in the NA-- they have actually become a bunch of national embarrassment
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by ghettochild(m): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
ProWalker:

There is no magic to what led to the increase.

I will explain what occurred.
They were initially assessing FOB using the CBN rate of N200/USD but then changed to the inter bank rate that floats between 305/USD to 315/USD, an increase of over 50%.

In practical terms 385B to 486b, is just a 26% increase. What this means is that there is a huge reduction in cargo incoming due to forex restrictions on some 41 items.

So they have done nothing really for the increase except to increase the assessment rate of Naira/USD of FOB and freight.

Truth is if you look at the two periods in USD term, there would have been a reduction rather that increase they are talking about.
u get sense my guy. u b true economist

2 Likes

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by sanchos9607(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
deji68:
grin grin grin grin make u no mind them ... last year compared to previous year was one of the worst. one of the best years was 2014 1 trillion/ year when they break 2014 record they can jubilate over their bogus cost saving scheme.

Oya find another one talk

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by akilo1: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
biafra won't like this news, grin
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by Shiitposter: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
I Hate this country.
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by don89(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
Why won't they because we import virtually everything, this is at the detriment of the unemployed youths.
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by ladkud(m): 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
dannytoe:
You mean after subtracting, their loot, dont be shocked thats just 5% out of the %100 acctually made.

And this compare to what it was as at year 2000 till now, then that means some have milked Nigeria dry.
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by supereagle(m): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
The uniform heads were not generating this before.
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by pawesome(m): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Please visit www.IamPained.com for immediate assitance before you Kpa!!

Zero chill

1 Like

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by princeade86(m): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
where is the money going to?
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by peacemara54(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ok..
Check my signature
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by loomer: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
Come o, where all these money wey them dey make self?
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by burkingx(f): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
grin

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by burkingx(f): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
sanchos9607:

.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by tuniski: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
deji68:
grin grin grin grin make u no mind them ... last year compared to previous year was one of the worst. one of the best years was 2014 1 trillion/ year when they break 2014 record they can jubilate over their bogus cost saving scheme.
Nigerian Customs service had it best years under Abdullah dikko irrespective of the aftermaths. Then the nairaa was far stronger and the liquidity was equally much.
Only those who don't know can be deceived by this cheap propaganda!
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by tuniski: 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Please visit www.IamPained.com for immediate assitance before you Kpa!!
Lame and ill-informed!
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by deji68: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks like i said when the break 2014 annual record then we can jubilate .. 1 trillion is not far. The revenue tanked under their mangement .
sanchos9607:

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by ashjay001(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
deji68:

In a recession o?! When pple are screaming for forex! buying of foreign products has been drastically reduced too!

Imagine when imports now revert to those 2014 levels

1 Like

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by lonelydora: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
We told home Hamid Ali is good for the job, they wanted to use uniform to distract us.

Good job
Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by Eketem: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
The lies sha. In 2014 it was almost a trillion revenue is actually falling

Re: Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record by gagewonda(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
your school fees wasnt wasted...sensible analysis
ProWalker:

There is no magic to what led to the increase.

I will explain what occurred.
They were initially assessing FOB using the CBN rate of N200/USD but then changed to the inter bank rate that floats between 305/USD to 315/USD, an increase of over 50%.

In practical terms 385B to 486b, is just a 26% increase. What this means is that there is a huge reduction in cargo incoming due to forex restrictions on some 41 items.

So they have done nothing really for the increase except to increase the assessment rate of Naira/USD of FOB and freight.

Truth is if you look at the two periods in USD term, there would have been a reduction rather that increase they are talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand / Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities / Arewa To Gej:renounce 2015 And Enjoy Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.