Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election (74160 Views)

N500b COVID-19 Fund: Senate Bars Journalists From Nat. Assembly(Photos) / Ben Bruce Shares A Quote Of Goodluck Jonathan From 3-years Ago!!! / Jonathan, From Beginning, Was Too Small For The Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by gidicouture: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=Keneking post=58850202]But where is lalasticlala sef shocked shocked
So Professor Osinbajo is eligible for one-short-term of only 4 years; Saraki agitating for presidency come 2019, M sure he will decamp to PDP however APC will be keen on Tinubu as deir candidate wait and see selfish interest Politicians group of business men May d Lord bless my ways too
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by moorevic(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hey Nigeria, i believe all these were all a plot to deter GEJ from contesting
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by AmaechiLinus(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
Person wey build prison, make him know say if himself no enter one of him family members must enter. I rest my case!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by cyberguy72(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who would have voted for him?
ME
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by EmekaMD(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
That's a good idea..
It's not personal after all
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by tiger28: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
positivelord:
Buhahahaha...I wanted to suggest we try younger generation, but the news coming from UNIABUJA concerning their SUG President is not encouraging..
age is nothing but number. Its the moral character and determination of the candidate that matters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by feelgoodInc: 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
That law was made for OSIBANJO not GoodLUCK, it says vice president you all are blind.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by OBUAFI: 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan right now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Compliance(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
The target is not Oga jona but osinbajo... Something is wrong with buhari... Though Jonathan's administration is 10 times better than this worthless one. .
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by ITbomb(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
And they have succeeded in deceiving the masses.

Wetin concern Goodluck Jonathan with second term and 2019.

The bill is targeted at Osinbajo, in fact it is one of the safe landing they want to ensure before declaring Buhari incapacitated.

The comments here are examples of why I don't have any serious debates with Nairalanders. They read the headlines and start posting according to whether it is against or for their person

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by fumiswtpusy(f): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
wink2015:
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan did not perform during his 6 years reign as President. He grossly mismanaged the Nigerian economy.

He saw to the wanton looting and mismanagement of the commonwealth of the Nigerian people.

He used Deziani, Metuh, Obanikoro, Col. Sambo (rtd ) etc to loot our treasury.
Can then tell me the president than perform better than gej.
Is it obasanjo.or buhari which one.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by SonofDevil: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked shocked

So Professor Osinbajo is eligible for one-short-term of only 4 yearsgrin
read again
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by feelgoodInc: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
Opharhe:
I think this law is mainly against Osinbajo than Jonathan.
Who understands me?
I understand you, it's written there vice president but they don't see that, all they think of is Jonathan rather than crying for OSIBANJO now I know that some people are blind
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by raphaeladeyele: 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nonsense to Senate, many of dem run 4rm one political post to another after completed 8yrs in d first one. And again if GEJ was allowed from his political party
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by SonofDevil: 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
feelgoodInc:
That law was made for OSIBANJO not GoodLUCK, it says vice president you all are blind.
how osibanjo is still under bihari he is only acting on his behalfgrin
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by bellotaofeek: 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Better
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by rainerboy1010: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
dre11:

The Nigerian Senate, on Wednesday, barred a former president, Goodluck Jonathan from running for a second term in office. This was done during voting in series of new bills being passed by the upper legislative chamber.

The Bill sought that any vice president who had completed a tenure of a sitting president and contested a fresh four years mandate shall not be eligible to run for a second term of office.
Details later…

http://sunnewsonline.com/breaking-senate-bars-jonathan-from-2019-poll/

but a living dog is better than a dead lion

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by 9jatatafo(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Waiting for the day the senate will pass bills to cater for the very old and helpless Nigerians, the underage and employed.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by olumideinfo: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
This is not about Gej or was he mention? This is about Osibanjo, incase Bhuari didn't survive it but more about Bukola Saraki satanic ambition. May God help us as a nation.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by mikejj(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
pls. Oga Jonah don't even cum sef.enjoy d money u have saved o.d presidents b4 and after you are falling sick
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by jrusky(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
Today is a comedy day in Nigeria govt and the people in power. Please did Gej said he is coming to contest? Did he ever even mention such anywhere anytime?

And by the way I ask the poster of this thread I can not see anywhere the senate mentioned Gej as the reason for their nonsense decision?

And by the way who gave senate the power to decide such and all of them that are called senate too must be included no senate can decamp and no senate can do more than 2 term. Full stop

Rogues passing bills very funny indeed.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by tubito: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
They should leave this man alone
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Phylix76: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sometimes I just feel the Senate have lost their priorities.How can you imagine baring the Former President from contest election in 2019? Is that the agenda that Nigerians need now. Burning issues of the nation is at heart and some set of people will just seat down in the hallowed Chambers passing mischievous "BILLS". Has the Jonathan come out to say he wants to contest any Elections or Is he a threat to APC? I need the Senate have a lot of things to deliberate upon than to this. I HALE OOOOO
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by surgical: 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
OduduwaYoruba:
GEJ missed it for life and I know he will be regretting it now. The yesterday cabals he was dancing around with are the same cabals fighting him back today. Corruption will always fight back therefore any man given the mantle of leadership should ensure to rule judiciously.
The world does not reward weaklings it doest matter where you found yourself its thesame treatment, jonathan's greatest since was that he was weak trying to play gentleman,a nice man was his undoing, there is nothing.,absolutely nothing that he has done that other leaders both past and present have not done, only that they are terrors and hard men and people love them hard, just like women loves hard men and tramp upon the so called nice guys , its thesame thing.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by glad7: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
This move is targeted at certain section of the country.
We know what their plan are.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by olajide8(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
They should allow this man to be- he mis-managed this country to the point where we are all pointing at ourselves, bottomline:

*THE BILL WAS TARGETED AT AYO FAYOSE WHO WANTS TO BECOME THE EMPEROR OF EKITI*

Thats all
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
very good.up senate
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by tubito: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
younglleo:
as if there will be election in 2019. Anoda AFONJA story
abi
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by AreaFada2: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
Libo45:
Goodluck tell dem say he wan contest b4? House dey burn, u dey cut grass. Mtcheww

Nor mind them. Somebody who did not even go to court to try retain power. Not everyone fights till death for power.

Power belongs to God. He gives you and also determines if you actually have the privilege to actually exercise it. Like good health, counsel and wisdom for example. King Solomon is a case in point.

Jonathan did not spill innocent blood or scheme anyhow for power, yet he got everything. And did better than the born to rule people ruling for over 40 years.

Maybe na GEJ confine Buhari to London hospital too. shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
Observing as usual.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by rose54321: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked shocked

So Professor Osinbajo is eligible for one-short-term of only 4 yearsgrin

Exactly my thought, this might be targeted at Mr. Osinbajo
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Emokai3(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
how did Jonathan come into this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Meets With Cristiano Ronaldo In Spain (Photos) / Boko Haram Hits Maiduguri After Buhari’s Departure / Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.