Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

...STRANGER THINGS.... - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ...STRANGER THINGS.... (13500 Views)

The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) / Perfect Stranger (A Short Story) / To Plan Marriage With A Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by zudoteku(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Lilyjoe567:

...........Prologue.........

I ran past the last known house in our little town as I went further into the bushy paths, the winds passing swiftly by me as my pants now created an unsteady rhythm in my ears.

Being on the track team can do much but not when you're already tired and have been running for a while now. My legs are getting wobbly with each jump I make but I needed to keep running. It all felt absurd, trying to outrun a killer and the thoughts running through my mind is pulling every strand of hair off her ditsy little head when or if I ever get to see her again. But I kept on running, shoving the absurdity along side my sanity which I lost a while ago aside as my pace suddenly increased, how? I didn't understand, but I had a feeling it had something to do with the rage coursing through my veins.

I was getting tired as the path seemed endless and my legs were now frail, but I could still hear his booths stomping heavily from behind me from his pursuit increasing the rise and fall of my pants as I jumped yet another puddle thanks to the morning rain that decided to make things worse, narrowly missing stepping in on it but missed the stone right in front of it as it carried and landed me face down the cold wet ground. I spat the dirt out and turned swiftly on my butt dragging myself backwards, as his figure approached me. I couldn't make out his face but I could swear I just heard a giggle as his deep voice produced a throaty laugh sending chills down my spine
I continued moving back on my butt not able to get up even if I had the chance to which I clearly don't, seeing he approached the more I dragged backwards, walking ever so slowly like a hunter observing his wounded prey
He moved closer as I hit a stop, my back hitting a tree bark and my hand searched behind me

He stretched his hands to pick me up, but grabbing it, and with a swift move, I swinged and wacked him in right on the head with a tree branch I picked up and he let out a groan in pain, holding unto his head and muttered curse words under his breath.

I got up immediately and ran like it was my last, cause it may very much be my last, not sticking around to access my damage and further into the woods, gasping for air as I did. But my escape didn't last long as I came face off with a cliff. I turned around but he was already close, how he did it I'd rather not ask beacuse he didn't seem like he was in the mood to braid hairs and spill secrets. I turned to my sides but I was stuck as well. He moved closer away from the trees and the moonlight illuminated his features. He could be worse right? I always pictured him hotter, but he was anything but that. My breath got caught in my throat as he smiled manically in victory in succeeding to trap me, flashing his scattered teeths which I'd rather he didn't. His machete glittered in the moonlight as he raised it up a bit higher, taking slow and steady steps towards me and I instinctively took tentative ones backwards, sparing the cliff another glance as I contemplated jumping off of it to my early demise or end up been butchered brutally by psycho over here. I'd probably be given a day a two of mourning and it'd be over, so it'd be a good riddance on my part I thought but didn't get the chance to decide when he suddenly stopped, a hooded figure shadowing him. And then it happened so fast, psycho didn't even see it coming as his head rolled down to the foot of my leg. I looked up shocked to say the least as the sound got caught in my throat to see his lifeless body hang few seconds in the air before dropping to the ground with a thud. The killer wiped the crimson liquid from his shiny long blade on his robe before going over the dead body and started moving closer to where I was. His black flowing robe sweeping the ground as he moved closer and closer, his legs not seen as it seemed he was moving on air.... and suddenly, it took even him by surprise when a chuckle sounded out. He stopped abruptly, his neck craning to the side as I guessed he observed the lunatic who decided to laugh in the face of death. I didn't know what brought the sudden confidence in me as I broke into a laugh fit, not believing just how realistic these all seems.
“This is just golden” I commented, dialling down on the laugh, as I wiped a stray tear from the corner of my eyes and stood up straight to look directly at devil's bítch right in front of me

“Grab a díck dípshit, cause you've got a long sucking to do while I visit and possibly converse with your daddy” I grinned, and with a single step backwards, I leaped.......

I love the begining, it started so poetically, but it got too breathless and unable to find a balance.
Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Lxgking:
Nice, captivating not boring....pls continue ma.
Some scenes r too blur, one can't seem to understand what happened, try to make it more simple n understandable.. Thanks

Okay dear, I'll try. But though, it still is in that stage where it would look like it doesn't make any sense whatsoever
Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:51am On Mar 05, 2018
zudoteku:

I love the begining, it started so poetically, but it got too breathless and unable to find a balance.

Thank you. I guess I should take a breather then and dial it down a notch
Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by Lilyjoe567(f): 11:02am On Mar 05, 2018
Chapter 20

'Eliza?' I could hear the faint call
'Yes, I can hear you' I tried to say but the words wouldn't come out, it was like I couldn't speak. It was frustrating

'Eliza dear, are you there?' The voice spoke again and this time I could see the person calling. It was a woman, and she was so beautiful standing there looking like something was bothering her, her face etched in a frown line which didn't look too good. I found myself wanting to hold this strange woman and ease her pain as I walked closer but stopped when she suddenly turned to face me and suddenly, her worried expression vanished and a glint appeared in her eyes, her lips parting to form a smile. So was so beautiful

'There you are' she beamed as she stood still looking at me as if waiting for me to move, and so I did.

I walked closer, and closer until I was just a few feet's away from her and could see all her features. She was petite with jet black hair, straight and so long it was almost her waist length. Pale skin covered in a beautiful flowing dress. I stopped when our eyes met. My feet shaky and my hands trembling, I stood unable to turn away. Her eyes, I had her eyes. And they were looking at me like I'm the most precious thing in the world. 'Mom' I wanted to say, but was cut off as a little girl ran past me and into the hands of the woman who caught her with a laugh.

'I've been looking all over for you, where have you been' the woman asked the giggling little girl in her arms

'I was showing Anna a new trick. Want to see mother?'

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips when the woman smiled an 'of course' to her daughter and put her down ready to see the trick the eager little girl was about to show to her. But then there was the sound. I could've sworn I've heard it before, it was the sound of something bad to happen.

The smile on the woman's face vanished as her heard shot up.

'Want to go inside sweetheart?' The woman spoke mustering up a smile amidst the worry evident in her features

'But mother, I need to show you the trick' the little girl tried but stopped when she saw her mother's calm façade.

'You can show it to me inside. Okay?

The little girl nodded and turned on her way, hopping excitedly into the small house around the corner.

The woman turned away from her daughter's disappearing figure as she stood waiting for whatever's to come.

I felt uneasy like I knew something bad was going to happen. I could feel the goosebumps spreading, a chilly breeze blew about us and soon enough,there was a figure. A man's, and I didn't miss the breath of relive from the woman. She seemed less tensed and smiled

'Benjamin, what are you doing here and how did you find me?' She asked walking closer to the man. But he stood rooted.

'Benjamin?' She asked seeing his reluctancy to move closer to her

'I'm so sorry' he said shaking his head as she drew closer

'For what?'

'I'm sorry' he repeated instead, and it happened so suddenly. He drew his blade and the next moment, it was inside of her as she drew in a ragged breath eyes still fixed on him.

'Noooooooooo' the scream rang out from me, startling the man, but it didn't seem like I was the one producing the sound. I tured around and found the source of the scream. It was the little girl's.

'Run Eliza!' The woman screamed and the little girl turned on her heels. The man drew out his sword cussing in his breath as he left the dying woman and turned on the direction of the little girl.

I ran immediately to her dying form, holding up her head before it reached the ground as I looked to her face. Even in the face of death she seemed calm.

'Find your father Eliza' she said with a final breath as her grip to my wrist loosend, falling to her side.

'Mother?' I shook her dreading what I already knew has happened, but their was no reply. She was dead.

'Please wake up' I cried, tears rolling down my cheek, but it was useless. She was not moving. She is dead.

'Eliza?' 'Eliza?' I could hear my name but it seemed so far away

'Eliza?' I felt a shake, and suddenly I jerked up seeing the face of the person. And that was all I remembered
Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by itsandi(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by Favyo(f): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello dear, i love this story. And I want to remind u that not everyone may like it though, but just keep it coming anyway... More! Lots of love.. kiss
Re: ...STRANGER THINGS.... by AvatarMode(m): 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
You write beautifully well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heart Of A Lucifer / Confessions Of A Video Vixen / When Dead Souls Break Hell Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.