Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members (37773 Views)

Cross River PDP NASS Members React To FFK's Threat. Expose Governor Ayade / Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe / Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Abeyjide: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
if they think they will be untouchable and want to ruin the country, God almighty will visit them with his wrath .
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nword22: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
We must find out the senator that voted No and make him the president.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by deebsman1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
Corruption fighting back
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
FunkyAlhaji2015:
They senators are a bunch of no-goods milking this country dry. Now they want to become untouchable, I do not see the Buhari or Osinbajo assenting to this amendment. It's dead on arrival. #ScraptheSenate

Sure right my guy but 2/3 majority of the house vote overrides the veto power (presido) those thieves knws wot they r doing
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by vedaxcool(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Are u surprised with Shehu Sani, I am not at all. Shehu Sani and that useless common sense senators are all rogues. They ve nothing to offer. What saddens me the most is that some idiots wud blame PMB. Although I am no fan of PMB, the worse enemies of this doomed nation are d national assembly and the governors. Shehu Sani that cud only donate camel and radio as his constituency project do u expect anything better?
Has he moved any motion to enact laws that wud really tackle corruption and enshrinen accountability of public office holders?
NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA EVEN THE DEVIL HAS MORE HOPE OF MAKING HEAVEN THAN FOR NIGERIAN TO PROGRESS.
NIGERIA IS CURSED FAR BEYOND BLESSING AND FAR DOOMED BEYOND REDEMPTION.

As for the masses, let them remain docile and divided by ethnic and religious lines. Sorry for them as the leaders has mortgaged their future and those of their generation unborn while they do nothing.

The masses are at sleep fooling themselves in with the ignorance of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
We need to take our country back from these folks!!!
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Katyusha(m): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
obonujoker:

We must rise up against baba daura first.... he caused all these....
How? I dare you to give me a reasonable answer.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by TinaAnita(f): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thieving rouges
Armed robbers
Demons
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by tonio2wo: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
The likes of Shehu Sani are a disgrace to humanity who cannot even stand for values they claim to espouse. We must rise up against these brand of criminals who are currently in the NASS.

do u know if he is the 1 person that said no?
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by dignity33: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
People are busy legislooter and what will you call executive, if President, Governors can be immune for persecution what then stop them. I like this drama because it will make that clause immunity to be out from political holders.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by firstclassmumu: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
How we this help the economic of this country
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nwakaumu(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ironically,these are the same senators afonja are hoping on to restructure oduarewa islamic republic of nigeria for them. "it is easier to get Biafra than to restructure Nigeria" Nnamdi Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Tallysmallz(f): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ofcourse, not surprised.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by TheKingIsHere: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Alariwo2:
Immunity as what exactly?

Why do we have theives as these as lawmakers sef.. God why?

You see the reason why Nigeria won't move forward. It is because of these thieves that's why the best solution is to split up. One Nigeria is no longer feasible because as long as those rogues are there, this country is finished.

Very soon they will pass a bill that their children can continue from where they stopped.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by kolmart: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Which course of duty for thieves oooo
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
So Ben Murray Bruce Voted 'YES' too.

Imagine how scarce common sense is.

Let me catch you again on my TV screen telling me about sense.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by tola268: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
obaataaokpaewu:
As tweeted by the Senate president
I know they are going to worsen the situation, instead of removing immunity of governors, see what they are doing. The lion is coming soon, everyone of you will not remember you have existed before talkless of post
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by GoodGovernance: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
sharonorg:
It doesn't become law until the presidency approves it.Thats what "Check and balance "Is all about.

Check and balance indeed!

What about the veto power of the legislature,if presidency does not approve?

2 Likes

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nwakaumu(m): 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Diesella:
We need to take our country back from these folks!!!
Then support Nnamdi Kanu,join IPOB.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Dollyak(f): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nigeria isn't going to get better any time soon with all these corruption enabling legislations. The legal system and the executive branch is clearly broken and fundamentally flawed from an integrity stand points.
The division among ethnic groups and their ignorance of the current dire situation, has emboldened the elites. This is even more so because they (elites) are aware the average Nigerians are to selfish, ignorant, easily manipulated and lacks the political appetite for a revolution.

It's a shame because I have always hoped Nigeria would get itself together soon.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by vertueptime: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
The likes of Shehu Sani are a disgrace to humanity who cannot even stand for values they claim to espouse. We must rise up against these brand of criminals who are currently in the NASS.

Yet he has helped alot of people, at many tyms he was the voice of the voiceless, he fought for human tight against military wen u wer in ur dipers, he may be bad to u but not bad to all, abi he don steal from u before?
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Do not get duped by your mechanic any longer. Chi spare parts delivers genuine BMW parts to you.

Call +2348121069256 to place your order today.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by RSVP: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
And someone be telling me Nigerian is not bullsyt. I pray Boko boys locate dis thieves calling demsefs our senator and kill dem once and for all! Immunity bawo shocked
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

You see the reason why Nigeria won't move forward. It is because of these thieves that's why the best solution is to split up. One Nigeria is no longer feasible because as long as those rogues are there, this country is finished.

Very soon they will pass a bill that their children can continue from where they stopped.

The reason Nigeria is already failing is poor attention to details by folks like you.

Go back and research deeply into what the immunity covers and then come back and comment
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by JamesGulesh: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Crazy legislation. If it were for capital punishment for corruption all of them would have voted no. Well, let's just ensure they enjoy this new law for just their remaining 2 years .
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Mereze2244: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
Bunch of thieves
People are open eye now
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by otokx(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
Observing as usual
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by PDPGuy: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
The proposed legislative immunity will only cover acts (or words spoken) that were done in the legislators' official capacity i.e. speaking on the floor of the senate and/or House of Reps, or other acts that may be performed during an official legislative function.

The immunity won't cover any member of the NASS who commits murder, fraud, electoral malpractices, defamation (when he/she is not working in the respective chambers of both houses) etc.

1 Like

Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Freemancipation: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
After all the screaming on nairaland what next? Nothing will happen.
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
nobilie:
The immunity covers only words spoken at the plenary sessions or committee proceedings.

Thanks for stating it like it is even though I don't agree this bill is necessary
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
obonujoker:

We must rise up against baba daura first.... he caused all these....
How?
Re: Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members by whitering: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
we must rise against all the evil sinator. where are those civil society when you need them most?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Probes Video Of Soldiers Assaulting IPOB Members / Former Militant Who Lost His Hand Has A Poultry Business (Photos) / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.