Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825622 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 5:46am On Sep 06, 2017
TestimoneyTesti:
Am just confused of where and how to start from.....?

I have landed documents in my name, and about 3m cash....but no offline job....
But I really desire to migrate...should I go for permanent residency or student visa...?
If your ultimate goal is to migrate , try Express Entry. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 6:26am On Sep 06, 2017
Please house, trying to order my gcms note, almost done but can't move because I don't know my file number, as reason for refusal wasn't uploaded on my account & I have not gotten my passport, trying to order the note because of time, where do I get my file number from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 06, 2017
Good morning all, I would like to ask a question. I just graduated from a uk university this summer and I'm looking to do a masters fall 2018 in Canada. I graduated with a 2:2, what university's should I likely apply to please? I have seen that u of Manitoba would take that for a uk degree but I would like other choices. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2017
Arebo:
Please house, trying to order my gcms note, almost done but can't move because I don't know my file number, as reason for refusal wasn't uploaded on my account & I have not gotten my passport, trying to order the note because of time, where do I get my file number from?

Did gcmsnow ask of your uci. ...if u linked your application online you will see it there na....that is where I got my own.....and beside earlier you order for your gcms note the better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nnapo: 8:09am On Sep 06, 2017
Osemigho:

Fill and thumb print the PCC form as in the sample and scan and send to someone in Nigeria to take it to police HQ, Alagbon, Ikoyi, Lagos. they will attach your passport picture and pay not more than 5k. when they get it endorsed and with PCC, they will send it to you in whatever format you want. Good luck!

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by patra91: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house, i just joined this forum, am about applying for a study permit and my question is, do I have to submit my original undergraduate transcript direct to the embassy? Or should I attach a photocopy to my application documents?. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nobleman23: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2017
[please kindly share the GRE files-tosin2392@gmail.comquote author=atiteb4 post=60145541] kindly share me the gre materials atitebiridwan@gmail.com[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PureRuby: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2017
Jejelaye01:
My people my people. I can tell you that all the stress we went through towards getting this trv is worth it. I flew egyptair from lag. There was no tension in lag airport when checking in and my load was way over the allowed kg but spoke my way through. No return ticket was asked cz I showed them the payment advice to my school. Lag to Cairo was smooth as we were served a meal within 2hrs of takeoff and light refreshment like an hour to landing. On getting to Cairo my luggage was checked (please don't carry anything seafood or kilish). The flight from cairo to Toronto took us 11hrs and it was smooth and we were served 2 meals(the first was within an hour of take off and the second was 2hrs to landing). We were given vip treatment all through the flight and on getting to pearson international airport where I am currently giving this update,I was treated like king... everything went smoothly and I wasn't asked anything except my school admission letter.
Also.... I was able to carry a backpack with a mini travelling box as hand luggage.
Will update the house later once I get settled in regina.

Regards.
God bless you for this update.
I going with egypt air too.
When you say seafood, is dry fish and crayfish still considered as seafood angry. I have bought them in tangible quantity already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by klem93(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello fam, this is my question pls don’t refer me to google. I graduated from an Indian university this year note with their highest grade in which I don’t know how to convert to what you guys sometimes do, so the confusion is coming from did I need to take all this English exam since my result is already in English and also have some recommendations to back it up I was taught in English cause I am planning to put in for masters in computer science... I also want a recommendation for an average paying school which maybe I can get funding... thanks in anticipation���
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2017
patra91:
Hello house, i just joined this forum, am about applying for a study permit and my question is, do I have to submit my original undergraduate transcript direct to the embassy? Or should I attach a photocopy to my application documents?. Thanks

VOs are not admissions officers and never asked that you submit transcripts. They are not in the business of litigating the admissions process all over again. That said, if you want to submit, feel free to enclose a photocopy of your transcript because anything original you submit except your passport, you are not going to get it back. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:52am On Sep 06, 2017
I noticed this house is now looking dead. I am always not looking forward to logging to NL with several threads of messages to catch up on. Now I would be lucky if I had just two threads to read a day. Where is everyone? Is it that everyone has resumed school this week and already innundated with academic obscurantism? LOl. It is well!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Augustinecu: 9:06am On Sep 06, 2017
For those whose resumption dates have passed and are still waiting to hear from CIC, please give us updates on your application. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nicoletheo: 9:15am On Sep 06, 2017
@ Maygreaves, I also need GRE prep materials.
maygreaves:

mayusoo7@yahoo.co.uk

thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2017
Augustinecu:
For those whose resumption dates have passed and are still waiting to hear from CIC, please give us updates on your application. Thanks.

Send in a mail for deferment till winter, application updated as medical passed, waiting on God to share my good news soon but won't be resuming till winter if my deferment is approved and granted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2017
rochino92:
please friends i need help, i am in owerri and i want to pick a form for canada student visa but right now am clueless on where and how to start processing it. please your advise is needed. thanks in advance

PIck a form for Canada student Visa? You really need to read online about it. Kindly google "how to apply for canada study visa". Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2017
TestimoneyTesti:
Am just confused of where and how to start from.....?

I have landed documents in my name, and about 3m cash....but no offline job....
But I really desire to migrate...should I go for permanent residency or student visa...?

Humbly go for permanent residency through Express Entry if you qualify. Your 3m naira is too small for study without a scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Good morning family,

To those that have notarized documents, did you give copies to notary public for record purpose? my notary public is asking for photocopies of the certified true copies.

Secondly, Does vfs accept colored copies of other documents apart from admission letter?

Thanks all in anticipation for a quick response.

Cc: CanadianNurse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I noticed this house is now looking dead. I am always not looking forward to logging to NL with several threads of messages to catch up on. Now I would be lucky if I had just two threads to read a day. Where is everyone? Is it that everyone has resumed school this week and already innundated with academic obscurantism? LOl. It is well!
I was surprised to see 3 pages in less than 24hrs too. Amazingly, the express entry room is going at rate too. So, I guess Canada is receiving lot of attention.

Anyways, Please dont blow our head with English. Even my American supervisor doesn't speak all these big words.

Anyway, my school has resumed but classes haven't started. I already have multiple textbooks to read and 2 classes to register for. So, I may have to take a humble bow soon too.

How far with your visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2017
I just called CIC Accra now a man picked and aak me to send a reminder concerning my complain. I did that and waiting on God .
Augustinecu:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2017
As far as it is a photocopy, it is acceptable.
Giving copy of documents to notary public, I don't think so, well I only certified that the copy is true in court, and didn't drop copy there. I haven't heard anyone here who notarized, talked about giving a copy either... Listen to other opinions on that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2017
Can anyone give me the phone number of the accra immigration pls? E be like say email no fit do am again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2017
PureRuby:

God bless you for this update.
I going with egypt air too.
When you say seafood, is dry fish and crayfish still considered as seafood angry. I have bought them in tangible quantity already.
carry it inside check in luggage but make sure you package it very well.... Don't declare at lagos airport but declare in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PureRuby: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2017
CanadianNurse:
carry it inside check in luggage but make sure you package it very well.... Don't declare at lagos airport but declare in Canada

Thank you my brother.
I hope you have settled in well?
I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EJIZY: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2017
abestine:

Send in a mail for deferment till winter, application updated as medical passed, waiting on God to share my good news soon but won't be resuming till winter if my deferment is approved and granted

Hi...please when did you apply and when was the medicals updated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by efosases: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
good day great NL. pls when is it right to call or mail CIC about my application.. applied june 5 with upfront med. but has not gotten any update till this moment. pls guru make una asist on this. resumption deadline is 14th Sept. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

VOs are not admissions officers and never asked that you submit transcripts They are not in the business of litigating the admissions process all over again. That said, if you want to submit, feel free to enclose a photocopy of your transcript because anything original you submit except your passport, you are not going to get it back. Best wishes.
Baba J! wink This statement as emboldened is actually misleading. Transcript of all post-secondary education is a REQUIREMENT for visa processing as requested by the visa office (LAGOS) which serves Nigeria even though study permits are largely processed in Accra. Some people may have gotten their study permit approved without submitting but it is REQUIRED. I'd rather people follow the instruction of the visa office than feign ignorance to it.

I have seen a GCMS note where an officer made reference to an applicant's performance in previous study and doubted if applicant would be able to withstand the rigorous academic pressure in Canada. So YES, they review all submitted documents. As a matter of fact, a good transcript can sell an applicant to the VO as a good and genuine student.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by victory2017: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
Markab:
Good morning family,

To those that have notarized documents, did you give copies to notary public for record purpose? my notary public is asking for photocopies of the certified true copies.

Secondly, Does vfs accept colored copies of other documents apart from admission letter?

Thanks all in anticipation for a quick response.

Ideally a notary public should keep a copy for record purpose and reference in future. I remember when l notarized my transcripts & certificates last year they made copies for their file.

I asked why and they explained that some embassies or wherever its going do call them occasionally to confirm.

Really its bother less.

I did online application can't answer the second question.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
bbclue:

Did gcmsnow ask of your uci. ...if u linked your application online you will see it there na....that is where I got my own.....and beside earlier you order for your gcms note the better

Thanks dear, not UCI number, the UCI is stated in my online account, but correspondence letter & final decision wasn't uploaded on my account, it's a week already, a friend in Canada that wants to help with my note requested for my file number which I don't know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
EJIZY:

Hi...please when did you apply and when was the medicals updated?
I applied on 5th of may, 2017, got medical mail on 29th of August after serious prayer and mail to CIC, honourable etc... Lol

Did medicals on 30th of August, medicals passed and updated on 3rd of September

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
Arebo:

Thanks dear, not UCI number, the UCI is stated in my online account, but correspondence letter & final decision wasn't uploaded on my account, it's a week already, a friend in Canada that wants to help with my note requested for my file number which I don't know.
Check you account, your application number is there too. In the area where you see your UCI number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by double08(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
Quick question for the nurses, what course can someone who studied nursing in Nigeria study in Canada, I understand international students are not allowed to go for course, any help will be most appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

Check you account, your application number is there too. In the area where you see your UCI number.

Austinpee...boss! It's not application that I was asked to send, the person helping me to request my note said file number which I think it's supposed to be on the correspondence letter which wasn't uploaded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.