Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,319 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (819227 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
abestine:
Gurus in the house, please I have a question, I have decided to defer my admission to January hope to travel by November/December. I have contacted my program coordinator and supervisor and they have both agreed.

I don't want to go to Canada now since I won't be resuming till January, hope I won't have issues with my Visa?

Thanks
No, you won't. Your visa is valid beyond January and your study permit validity start counting when it is issued at the POE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
elfmann:

Hello, I sent u a PM.. It's about Uniben transcript processing.. Pls if u don't mind.. I will need ur contact. Thank you.

Have you gotten your Uniben transcript? Pm for their number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SamReinvented: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You too refused to submit transcripts and SOP at your own peril? @Austinpee4, lol. Congrats!! And how comes you did biometric twice? I suggested the other day that CIC can make you do biometrics twice if the first one was not good. The same person said it was not possible and even if it were, they won't tell you to do it at the same time with medicals. It's CIC you are dealing with bro!

Gosh! Dude let it rest. Ahn ahn.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tolux8899: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2017
Goodmorning my people.. I have an agent who helpd me applied for PG in Holland College Prince Edward Island and she asked me to paid $150 for acceptance fee she gave me student ID after i don paid the acceptance also, paid her as well because she said i will resume with the sch by this September but i don't understand her anymore she started givn me story tht i will resume with by Jan again ... i don already mailed the sch all necessary docs with the transcripts de requested for Since July now don't know what to do.. Please i need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dege1811(m): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Moley22:

Google is your best guide sir, although most schools have closed for January so you have enough time against September 2018 but you might be blessed to still find a school still open for January sir,
Do your research first then our able gurus would be able to assist you.
Goodluck!!!
Thank you so much sir, I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dege1811(m): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
heloo friends please which school can I aply to study environmental science or geography in PGD in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
dege1811:
heloo friends please which school can I aply to study environmental science or geography in PGD in canada.

What are your qualifications? Maybe we can help you get into a program that will not present obstacle on the way when pursuing a visa. If you graduated university already, I will strongly advice you try out for a full fledged master's degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by marcuskens: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
thesoj...yes you can only apply for a PGWP once. However it is also an open work permit so can be extended once you are working already. And yes I have a friend who already extended theirs...so I wrote from experience

thesoj:

This is not accurate.

You are eligible for a PGWP only once, and the length of PGWP is determined by your length of study. If you do a one-year MSc, then you get a one-year PGWP after which you can't reapply for PGWP again (including under the guise of extension).

Note to readers: don't only rely on this thread to feed you critical information. Go on CIC's website to confirm information such as this before you base your study decisions on others' advice about CIC policies.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bulalakoboko(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Gurus in the house any advice for a peep that graduated with 2.93/5.00 from Nigeria University.I learnt that Canadian uni don't admit 2.2 graduate.Some friends recommend PGD,but isn't it possible for me to get a masters position?
Thanks alot my brothers and sisters, may God bless you as I awaits your warm opinions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
EzekielMab:

How much did you pay ?

7400CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2017
bronze25:

You are indeed a good person, always willing to help. May God continue to bless you.
If them go gree I for bring one bag of garri for you grin

Boss,
No amount of garri is too small. Carry wetin your power reach.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hello bosses,

This thread is beyond online as I have met almost all uottawa students on this thread both silent readers and active ones. In fact, I even met those outside ottawa sef.

We quarrel, argue, laugh and crack jokes but deep down we are good people; lets keep it that way.

Like I said, earlier please ask questions that you need answers to but please do a little research. By research, I mean google. Asking generic questions might not help you get required response here. So please do your bit and when confused, ask.

Finally, thank you to all those who brought my garri; the silent readers and members. I still dey wait the rest wey dey register.

Warmest regards bosses.

Mazi
Ps: congratulations @samjumbo and other recently approved...

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Plz be guided sir/ma. Since you have your student ID, Contact Shannon Brynes of the International Students office to confirm the status of your application.Cheers
tolux8899:
Goodmorning my people.. I have an agent who helpd me applied for PG in Holland College Prince Edward Island and she asked me to paid $150 for acceptance fee she gave me student ID after i don paid the acceptance also, paid her as well because she said i will resume with the sch by this September but i don't understand her anymore she started givn me story tht i will resume with by Jan again ... i don already mailed the sch all necessary docs with the transcripts de requested for Since July now don't know what to do.. Please i need help

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
bulalakoboko:
Gurus in the house any advice for a peep that graduated with 2.93/5.00 from Nigeria University.I learnt that Canadian uni don't admit 2.2 graduate.Some friends recommend PGD,but isn't it possible for me to get a masters position?
Thanks alot my brothers and sisters, may God bless you as I awaits your warm opinions.

Not all schools in Canada require 2.1, if the course u intend to study is related to your first degree then u hav a better chance. U wouldn't know until u try, and most times it's based on availability. U just might b lucky
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
RAY12345:

Hope you are connected to the internet?

No sir, at that time I wasn't connected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adageorge(f): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
m enjoying this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

No, you won't. Your visa is valid beyond January and your study permit validity start counting when it is issued at the POE.

Thanks, I can now relax and book a cheaper flight, cos the Prices I have been seeing is way too expensive and use the time remaining to enjoy myself... smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
Twallace:

Have you gotten your Uniben transcript? Pm for their number
OK.. Lemme pm u now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
maziude:

Finally, thank you to all those who brought my garri; the silent readers and members. I still dey wait the rest wey dey register.

grin grin I dey wait when your garri reservoir go open! The day the whole Canada bound nairaland members go bring this garri for you ehn and you no drink am before us, that day your ancestors go feel dizzy! Kontinu!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yungcee: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

grin grin I dey wait when your garri reservoir go open! The day the whole Canada bound nairaland members go bring this garri for you ehn and you no drink am before us, that day your ancestors go feel dizzy! Kontinu!

Austingpee Please can you assist me with a review of my sop and draft to secure a supervisor.Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
someborry:

No sir, at that time I wasn't connected.
Have you been able to generate the barcode now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dege1811(m): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
dege1811:
.......helloo gurus I graduated with second class lower division which school can I do my PGD in Canada please I need help here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
dayusin:

Hi. Please what was the structure of the message you sent to them. I will like to do the same thing too

Heading: Special Consideration Appeal

Dear Sir/Ma,

This is an appeal for an expeditious approval of my study permit application. This would enable me to commence my PhD research work with other members of my research team. The school, McGill University including lectures resumes on the 5th of September.

It is true my application is still within the processing period but I plead to be considered so I could fully participate in the prerequisite courses needed for the successful completion of my PhD research. I could have applied earlier but my CAQ approval took an unusually long period of time.

With my research, I hope to.....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You too refused to submit transcripts and SOP at your own peril? @Austinpee4, lol. Congrats!! And how comes you did biometric twice? I suggested the other day that CIC can make you do biometrics twice if the first one was not good. The same person said it was not possible and even if it were, they won't tell you to do it at the same time with medicals. It's CIC you are dealing with bro!

Well, my application was online and there wasn't any provision for SOP. Besides, I didn't see the need as I thought my documents were pretty straight forward.

As per transcript, I felt my certificates were enough. (I'm one of those that really trust their instinct wink)

I did biometrics once, just that the update came very late (in fact I had to send them a reminder to that effect)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please I need urgent answer please I am about apply to a Canadian school... I just wanna know if it compulsory to pay your tuition fees before applying for student visa
And I wanna know if don't pay my tuition does affect my chance of not having my visa approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please for those sending me messages, all I get is notification that someone wants to send me a message, don't know how the pm thing works...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
Reply the mails... that's all!
Arebo:
Please for those sending me messages, all I get is notification that someone wants to send me a message, don't know how the pm thing works...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good day my fellow NL, my every gallant Gurus.. all protocols duely observed.. since 2016 when I don dey find supervisor. I was fortunate to chat with my supervisor on whatzapp. And he said something which it's confusing. Does him saying working on your funding means for me or group?? Biko help me house I confuse ..

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
sleekysoft:
Good day my fellow NL, my every gallant Gurus.. all protocols duely observed.. since 2016 when I don dey find supervisor. I was fortunate to chat with my supervisor on whatzapp. And he said something which it's confusing. Does him saying working on your funding means for me or group?? Biko help me house I confuse ..

Boss,
You should chill with your messages before he gets irritated.
From what he posted, he is working on securing funding for you.
He will always be a mentor when you get accepted but bombarding him with that kind of message up there might chase him away. Please stop and contact him again only to remind him.

This is also to other prospectives, please, these guys are not from our part of the world where praises and ego brushing are required to move ahead in most cases. So please only respond with tangible and professional answers.

Thank you.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
abeolas:

Thank you for your response boss....Do you mind contacting you privately as i would want your assistance in applying for that course...
you can send me your contact info via biolalasisi@yahoo.com if you don't mind. I would appreciate. thanks

Boss,

You should go to uottawa.ca and check it out.

I might not be able to do anything about it. Moreover, going private aint going to help others who might need help.

Once again start from the website above.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hello house.... I have this very Question to ask.
1. Ok.... If one's application has exceeded processing time and no update, is it advisable for one to withdraw his application?
2. Aside people who have made attempts to withdraw their application and it turned out to be a medical call, as there been any situation whereby one's application is outrightly withdrawn based on the person's request even after exceeding the processing time.
3. By carrying this act, will one also get a refund of app fees since it's more like the application hasn't been processed/decided?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.