Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,952 members, 7,799,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (823811 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by flosure: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2017

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by flosure: 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
flosure:

I uploaded the GCSM note that shows reason for previous rejects. The first SP -- purpose of visit and finance 2nd was travel history and purpose of visit. Then I secure visa to europe, then apply for SP for the 3rd time now got reject with no reason that was why I applied for GCMS note

And alot of people do say when you have relation abroad , it helps. But from my experience instead when you tell Canada VO, you have relation abroad. it worsen the case.

/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER AND FALL 2018)

1. Awuf: July 3rd, MBA, VIU, Online route, Upfront Medical.
2. Ceceliaa34: July 5th, PGD Data Science, Lambton College, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals.
3. PVC4real: August 18th, Georgian College, Online Route, Upfront Medical.
4. Steveobasi34: September 15th, undergraduate, VIU, paper route.
5. Lifeisguhd: September 28th, PGC, GBC, Online Route.
6. Valenti12: October 6th, PGD, Humber College, Paper Route.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Preetivee: 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
Plz I need answers I got denied but I intend reapplying this October with all supporting documents provided including a statement of purpose which I didn't write in the 1st visa I applied for, noting all the points marked out for rejection which were purpose of travel and intended course not in line with previous qualification, future plans and prospects. Is it best I defer till next session or reapply this October the intended start date is Jan 8,2018. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by awuf: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=flosure post=61418321][/quote]

OK. Did they contact you requesting for the LOA?? With or without it. It's like they are on 'auto repeat'. Purpose of visit is what they are screaming.

Carefully go thru @Austinpee's submission. Paying school fees in full does not address 'purpose of visit'.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by flosure: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

Hello ma'am, going through your GCMS note, it is unfortunate your application couldn't satisfy the officer that the pgc is what you actually need in advancing your current career.

Here is the thing,
Your previous applications have already raised an eyelid on your intention and every other application will assessed from that stance to ascertain if there have been significant change in circumstance. So questions will bother around
1.why you really want the PGC program
2. Why are you not taking it in Nigeria
3. The importance of a foreign degree obtained in Canada and not else where around the world.

Having studied and currently working in a related area to your proposed program(atleast from my understanding), it is not a new aspect to you and you will really have to convince an officer why you have chosen a PGC against a master degree which should be a natural progression. Understandably, you have HND which may not be accepted by most schools in Canada for a master degree program but how were you able to use this to your advantage and convince an officer that instead of a PGC/D in Nigeria, Canada would add the advantages and conduciveness for you.

I highlighted 2 things i noted in your note. If you intend to reapply with same program(which i strongly discourage), you will need to extensively show how lucrative and receptive global hospitality is in Nigeria. The burden will be on you to draw the officer's attention to things they don't already know about this program and the advantage it will give you that same degree in Nigeria won't as well as your overal study plan.
Secondly, i have high doubt your case will get a nod of 'leave' by a federal judge to proceed to the next stage because the court deal with evidences and not claims. They will give credence to the discretion of the officer untill there is an error in facts or misinterpretations of the laws. You may not stand a good chance here.

Here is my suggestions:
-Do not reapply with same program again.
- If it is possible, complete the PGC/D program in Nigeria and later you proceed to Canada for a master degree program. By so doing, there would have been a significant change in your situation and you won't be seen as being desperate to enter Canada.
- Try the express entry route.

Regards.

- Express Entry route seems to be a bit far off. You need a minimum of BSc to meet the basic requirement to be in a pool. And there are other factor that would work against me. So for now,that is a bit far off. Moreso I am not a fan on IELTS

- Me and you know, most students intention is to work after studies. And I would say Canada is a bit of double standard, they claim they are the world most attractive place for students, And they also post often their graduate retention program. So I get so confuse when they reject student saying they are not returning back to their country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by flosure: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
awuf:

OK. Did they contact you requesting for the LOA?? With or without it. It's like they are on 'auto repeat'. Purpose of visit is what they are screaming.

Carefully go thru @Austinpee's submission. Paying school fees in full does not address 'purpose of visit'.

No one contacted me requesting LOA.

The reason I made mention of paying full tuition is to proof I really want to complete the program, not to travel and start gallivanting in the street of toronto.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
flosure:

- Express Entry route seems to be a bit far off. You need a minimum of BSc to meet the basic requirement to be in a pool. And there are other factor that would work against me. So for now,that is a bit far off. Moreso I am not a fan on IELTS

- Me and you know, most students intention is to work after studies. And I would say Canada is a bit of double standard, they claim they are the world most attractive place for students, And they also post often their graduate retention program. So I get so confuse when they reject student saying they are not returning back to their country.
I can relate with your thoughts but you see, under the Canadian immigration laws, a temporary resident would have shown and convinced an officer that there is a strong likelyhood he/she will leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay before the application is approved even when there are incentives to attract the applicant to remain simply because it is a TEMPORARY stay. It's just a law. Officers only enforce this law using the evidence before them and discretion based on the overal circumstance of the applicant. It is more stringent for Africans especially Nigerians because we predominantly want to migrate to these countries. Some under the guise of study and some through other means. To even make it easier, they introduced the permanent residence through the EE so there will be a clear cut difference in the requirements, intent and purposes.

You know, It wasn't this difficult in the past, alot of students who have gone ahead narrowed the chances for others due to the way and manner they absconded or used the laws to their advantage. As a law abiding country like Canada, they will respect their laws and ensure strict adherence to it which sometimes could be against their wish. So to avoid being in such tight corners, the scrutiny is heightened from the word GO so it will be easy for the government to trace back to the circumstance(s) that brought the applicant into Canada should there be any case raised during the stay or in future.

Officers know majority of the applicant will not comeback, as a matter of fact, each applicant is treated as a potential migrant. The law just has to be enforced and officers are allowed to use their discretion also in enforcing this.

Applicants should make sure they show very genuine intent in the intended program, overal goals, study plans and ties to anything/anywhere BUT Canada. They want us more. Canada is a migrant country and will remain that way for a long time. They just want to issue permits and visa for the SOLE purpose it was opened to applicants.

In what so ever decision you take, i'll advise that you do not give them an inkling that you are trying too hard to get into Canada, it will reduce your chances.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TheGreat342: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello Flosure,

I was refused/denied Canadian visa twice and I tried US once and I was approved in a minute of my interview with the VO. I think God is speaking to you but you're not hearing HIM. US might be your way. Try US and your dream will be fulfilled and you can enter Canada from US if you like.

To everyone who wait to hear from Canadian Embassy for at-least two months on the decision on your application. Keep the faith alive and be hopeful but I will advise/advice instead of waiting at least two months, try US and VO doesn't take forever to decide on your application.

#My one Kobo

flosure:

I uploaded the GCSM note that shows reason for previous rejects. The first SP -- purpose of visit and finance 2nd was travel history and purpose of visit. Then I secure visa to europe, then apply for SP for the 3rd time now got reject with no reason that was why I applied for GCMS note

And alot of people do say when you have relation abroad , it helps. But from my experience instead when you tell Canada VO, you have relation abroad. it worsen the case.

/

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
maygreaves:

Since i used the paper route, i submitted my passport at VFS, (due to that i missed my sisters graduation and a good friends wedding - so ill always advice online route if you need your passport), so after i was called for medicals, they usually attach the TRV on the passport which is in Ghana, and post it back to VFS Lagos.

So by mentioning post, i was referring to it being sent to VFS Lagos.

Okay, well understood, congrats in advance!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valuable2: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
hi guys,

first,i just want to appreciate everyone here for their contributions so far to help others.

i submitted my application a month ago,today i received this update:There have been no updates to your application (-----------------) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: --------------------. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

do i need to check my cic account for update on this ?because i can read but i just need to be sure,

i put for mba,i have msc before in Russia, so how many months do i need to wait for the visa, because by God’s grace i must collect the level. please advice
Igbouwanile:

Okay, well understood, congrats in advance!
Thanks
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Willyboss please if you are here....I saw your pm and I have reply you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ceceliaa34(f): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

2. Ceceliaa34: July 5th, PGD Data Science, Lambton College, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals.
3. PVC4real: August 18th, Georgian College, Online Route, Upfront Medical.
4. Steveobasi34: September 15th, undergraduate, VIU, paper route.
5. Lifeisguhd: September 28th, PGC, GBC, Online Route.
6. Valenti12: October 6th, PGD, Humber College, Paper Route.

I'm sorry I made a mistake with the date, it's actually 6th October.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
ceceliaa34:

I'm sorry I made a mistake with the date, it's actually 6th October.
Okay ma'am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2017

2. PVC4real: August 18th, Georgian College, Online Route, Upfront Medical.
3. Steveobasi34: September 15th, undergraduate, VIU, paper route.
4. Lifeisguhd: September 28th, PGC, GBC, Online Route.
5. Valenti12: October 6th, PGD, Humber College, Paper Route.
6. Ceceliaa34: October 6th, PGD Data Science, Lambton College, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
valuable2:
hi guys,

first,i just want to appreciate everyone here for their contributions so far to help others.

i submitted my application a month ago,today i received this update:There have been no updates to your application (-----------------) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: --------------------. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

do i need to check my cic account for update on this ?because i can read but i just need to be sure,

i put for mba,i have msc before in Russia, so how many months do i need to wait for the visa, because by God’s grace i must collect the level. please advice[color=#000099][/color]

I got this email exactly one month of application. I think is a monthly update you subscribed to when applying for study permit online route.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
flosure:

Actually it isn't a double standard. The VO knows that most Nigerian study permit applicants are likely to apply for PGWP and then get PR after their studies. They aren't stupid.

What the VO needs to know is whether you are the kind of person that would leave Canada "at the end of an authorized stay", e.g. will you go back to Naija if you don't get PGWP? will you go back to Naija if you don't get PR?

Since your application is for a study permit TRV, the VO is looking to you to convince him/her that you have very strong ties to Nigeria that would incentivize you to return to Nigeria if you can't legally stay in Canada anymore. At the time of your application, "end of authorized stay" is end of your studies. The onus is purely on you to convince the VO; this is how Canadian immigration law is written.

It is my opinion that the VO is more lenient with applicants who present themselves as organized, brilliant*, and visionary. You can have a third class and impress the VO mightily with the way you think and present your ambitions on how you would use your Canada education in Nigeria. Canadians want to keep improving their country, and would be more likely to approve a visa for an applicant that would be an asset to Canada.

Quick story: when I was in grad school in the US, a fellow grad student friend of mine went back home to the US embassy in Naija to renew his student visa. The VO asked him if he was coming back to Nigeria after his studies, my friend said "I don't know". The VO still approved his visa. While this is an extremely risky thing for an applicant to have said, my friend was at the time simultaneously a medical student and a PhD student (Google: "MD-PhD" ) at a Top-10 US university. The VO knew that my friend would be a significant asset to the US, so he still approved the visa.

Make it very difficult for the VO to deny you. It's a lot of work to pull this off if you are a complex applicant, but it's possible. Edited: I know someone, with a low 2:2, no job & no personal assets, who got approved for a TRV this year. He put together an amazing application. You can too.

*By brilliant, I'm not referring to your CPGA. I am referring to the way you present yourself to the VO.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Thanks, I just sent you a mail. please reply
bbclue:
Willyboss please if you are here....I saw your pm and I have reply you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
TheGreat342:
Hello Flosure,

I was refused/denied Canadian visa twice and I tried US once and I was approved in a minute of my interview with the VO. I think God is speaking to you but you're not hearing HIM. US might be your way. Try US and your dream will be fulfilled and you can enter Canada from US if you like.

To everyone who wait to hear from Canadian Embassy for at-least two months on the decision on your application. Keep the faith alive and be hopeful but I will advise/advice instead of waiting at least two months, try US and VO doesn't take forever to decide on your application.

#My one Kobo

Yeah they do that all the time, sort of like shoving it on each other's face. Canada refuses to give visa, USA gives visa. USA refuses to give visa, Canada gives visa. I never really understand the logic. But to be honest, Canada student visa is happening to be the toughest sought out visa. Owing to the easiness to get PR there, people are flooding in. On the other hand, the Trump factor and the rise of anti immigrant sentiments in the USA, coupled with the difficulty of getting PR there, is making USA not very well sought out like it use to be before. I am a contributor to the Nairaland USA student visa thread. I help people with USA schools cos I studied there and know much about its 3500 universities. I must tell you it's not very interesting like the Canada student visa thread.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
ok..noted..aint a programmer but a networker n dbase...thanks for correction
Hiccups:

@bolded is highly misleading, having worked with Java for nearly a decade, very few language can match Python at the moment, may be that's why Python Dance is ongoing grin. On a more serious note, Learning Python is way to go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
GRE is easier...if you need materials to pass the exam let me know, i gah 1 year license to premium exam files
emeify:
Which is easier? GMAT or GRE? Which would u advise someone to take pls? Would really appreciate ur responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by flosure: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

I can relate with your thoughts but you see, under the Canadian immigration laws, a temporary resident would have shown and convinced an officer that there is a strong likelyhood he/she will leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay before the application is approved even when there are incentives to attract the applicant to remain simply because it is a TEMPORARY stay. It's just a law. Officers only enforce this law using the evidence before them and discretion based on the overal circumstance of the applicant. It is more stringent for Africans especially Nigerians because we predominantly want to migrate to these countries. Some under the guise of study and some through other means. To even make it easier, they introduced the permanent residence through the EE so there will be a clear cut difference in the requirements, intent and purposes.

You know, It wasn't this difficult in the past, alot of students who have gone ahead narrowed the chances for others due to the way and manner they absconded or used the laws to their advantage. As a law abiding country like Canada, they will respect their laws and ensure strict adherence to it which sometimes could be against their wish. So to avoid being in such tight corners, the scrutiny is heightened from the word GO so it will be easy for the government to trace back to the circumstance(s) that brought the applicant into Canada should there be any case raised during the stay or in future.

Officers know majority of the applicant will not comeback, as a matter of fact, each applicant is treated as a potential migrant. The law just has to be enforced and officers are allowed to use their discretion also in enforcing this.

Applicants should make sure they show very genuine intent in the intended program, overal goals, study plans and ties to anything/anywhere BUT Canada. They want us more. Canada is a migrant country and will remain that way for a long time. They just want to issue permits and visa for the SOLE purpose it was opened to applicants.

In what so ever decision you take, i'll advise that you do not give them an inkling that you are trying too hard to get into Canada, it will reduce your chances.

Did you see one of the NOTE in my GCMS note:

Sister is studying in Canada and another sister in USA so strong potential pull factor.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by naijarazzi: 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
GREGORIAN:
GRE is easier...if you need materials to pass the exam let me know, i gah 1 year license to premium exam files
I'm interested bro. Help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
I need it boss
GREGORIAN:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
A final decision has been made on my application and I'm yet to receive my refusal note after 4 days. The final decision table is still blank. is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
GREGORIAN:
Please I'm also interested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin: 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Mandoy:
A final decision has been made on my application and I'm yet to receive my refusal note after 4 days. The final decision table is still blank. is this normal?

I just sent you a pm. Please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
dayusin:

I just sent you a pm. Please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
Mandoy:

I no longer have access to that email, pls buzz me on adeplusdoyin@yahoo.com

I just sent an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 12:04am On Oct 15, 2017
whats ur email...the questions are current but you have to write b4 this month runs out
willyboss:
I need it boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 12:05am On Oct 15, 2017
ur mail let me 4ward
johnsonm2g:
Please I'm also interested

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.