Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (819209 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by krisjack11: 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
My people i have applied for a study visa since 12th of october online but there has been no reply after my biometric on 16 of october is it because i was refused in march when i return from canada to apply again since my permit was refused there due to wrong documents i submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by krisjack11: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hello my people i need a solution i have applied for a study visa since 12th of oct 2017 online and i haven't since any update since i did my biometrics on 16 october is tge reason because i got refused in march or because i came from canada to apply a new study visa because my petmit expired and i applied with a wrong document and was refused even tried to restore with the same wrong acceptance letter i got on the firstday of my admission
Please help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
rosegoldd:
hey this message goes out to everyone in this thread,never loose faith in your pursuit ,not for one second for God has you in his heart, to those denied, never give up, re package and fire on...to those accepted, I pray God grants us journey mercy to canada... to those in canada, make us proud. I'm really happy because my trv has been accepted, all glory to God...(Igbounwanle, that feeling never go o grin grin)

Correct...
Congratulations...
It's not the end of the dream...just the beginning
Oya, drop ur timeline and documents submitted...Abi no be so?

Btw, you can start by testing how cold your deep freezer is so you can acclimatize on time grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nwisipeter: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
Tunba28:

Hello,
As to your questions, number 1 needs your decision but as for me, my opinion is to do it yourself and not use any agent, you will get any information here on how to go about it, just take your time to go through the thread.

2. I'm not sure about transcript but I've seen various people submit it with their applications and as for getting it, you are entitled to collecting a student copy transcript from your school and they will give you that. Don't request for an official copy but for student copy.

3. NO, you don't need to write IELTS for visa application.

4. Presently, the processing time is 20 weeks.

I hope this helps. God be with you

Gud day, thanks so much 4 ur reply.
i wish to ask,
i av a student's copy of my transcript, (a statement of result) which d sch doesnt stamp. Can I use dat one, because dat was d one i sent 2 d sch wich dey used 2 giv me an offer.

2ndly, wich is preferable, online or hand submission?

3rd, i am currently serving NYSC. would be done b4 i liv 4 canada. Do i nid 2 shw dem any documents pertaining 2 my service during VISA application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PhilipWebb: 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hi Guys,
I submitted my application July 27(online route), still awaiting their response.
School is supposed to resume January, I missed the deadline for paying my tuition. I was advised by @jnyuwa02 to secure another admission incase they(Canada embassy) ask for my admission letter or discovered that I have jeopardized the first admission. I have secured another admission and have the admission letter now.
1. Please do you know if the embassy will be informed by the initial school that I did not meet up with the tuition deadline and that I have jeopardized my admission?
2. Do I need to send the new admission letter to Canada embassy's email or wait till they probably ask for it. I keep checking my application status on their site and nothing mega since my bio-metric was transmitted.
They have even changed processing deadline from 15 weeks, to 17 weeks, to 22 weeks and now to 19 weeks. 19 weeks for me should be December 7. Am I suppose to mail them now and ask for update or I should just keep waiting, hoping and praying as I have being doing since July.
I was also told that processing is faster outside Nigeria, I am currently in US, is it possible to submit application,do bio-metrics and the entire process from US despite the fact that I am a Nigerian? in-case I was rejected and I want to re-submit (God forbid though).

Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
PhilipWebb:
Hi Guys,
I submitted my application July 27(online route), still awaiting their response.
School is supposed to resume January, I missed the deadline for paying my tuition. I was advised by @jnyuwa02 to secure another admission incase they(Canada embassy) ask for my admission letter or discovered that I have jeopardized the first admission. I have secured another admission and have the admission letter now.
1. Please do you know if the embassy will be informed by the initial school that I did not meet up with the tuition deadline and that I have jeopardized my admission?
2. Do I need to send the new admission letter to Canada embassy's email or wait till they probably ask for it. I keep checking my application status on their site and nothing mega since my bio-metric was transmitted.
They have even changed processing deadline from 15 weeks, to 17 weeks, to 22 weeks and now to 19 weeks. 19 weeks for me should be December 7. Am I suppose to mail them now and ask for update or I should just keep waiting, hoping and praying as I have being doing since July.
I was also told that processing is faster outside Nigeria, I am currently in US, is it possible to submit application,do bio-metrics and the entire process from US despite the fact that I am a Nigerian? in-case I was rejected and I want to re-submit (God forbid though).

Thanks for your time.

The school will not inform the embassy that you have missed tuition deadline. Wait till embassy requests new admission letter. Let us say your admission is for September 2018 and you proceeded to send the admission letter, they will just sleep on your application. 19 weeks becomes one year for you. Just wait for them to request it. You cannot apply in the USA except you are on a student visa or have permanent residency there. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
bukanol:

Thank God on ur approval...i must say am really happy for you. How was the letter written and how did you submit it because am thinking of doing something similar. Please I need your urgent response

it wasn't really a letter, it was just a mail sent to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca. I pointed out to the VO that I had sent the new admission letter as requested and still have not gotten a reply and that the wait is killing and torturous and also that my mates whom we all applied at the same time about a year ago have all gotten their visas and are already in their second year. Then I Respectfully asked that my passport be returned as I will be needing it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
chinexchiboy:
My visa has just been approved!!!

Congrats bro. I feel your excitement. when i saw mine i rolled on the floor saying yes yes yes yes yes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
chimah3:

I’m too happy for you!!!
Congrats man!
See you around soon!

Thanks brother. we go show soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
[quote author=maygreaves post=63025566]

WHAT A WAWU!!!!!!

Congrats o...nawa!!!....wow

since there's now a commissioner for happiness and couple fulfilment, i believe you should be the commissioner for Patience and long suffering!!

Congrats again!

hmmnn na God ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 3:20am On Dec 07, 2017
Congrats Rosegoldd!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 5:23am On Dec 07, 2017
TDultimate:
IMM1294E.PDF
who else is experiencing this problem

Hello house,
I'm still having trouble with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:21am On Dec 07, 2017
TDultimate:

Hello house,
I'm still having trouble with this
Download the form first and save it on your system before you open it with Adobe reader. Also, ensure the reader is of recent version.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Agatha18: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2017
Do we have universities that take 2:2 in Canada in Engineering or related courses? For masters.
I applied for post graduate, got admission and was denied Visa.
They said I currently do no have a job, no assets, no money (but but my sponsor has, thou he is not related to me). I am devastated. I need help here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2017
nwisipeter:

Gud day, thanks so much 4 ur reply.
i wish to ask,
i av a student's copy of my transcript, (a statement of result) which d sch doesnt stamp. Can I use dat one, because dat was d one i sent 2 d sch wich dey used 2 giv me an offer.

2ndly, wich is preferable, online or hand submission?

3rd, i am currently serving NYSC. would be done b4 i liv 4 canada. Do i nid 2 shw dem any documents pertaining 2 my service during VISA application?

To the best of my knowledge, a statement of result is quite different from a transcript. A transcript is a document that shows your TCO (Total Credit Offered), TCP (Total Credit Passed) for each educational session and your CGPA. So if you've a statement of result, you don't have your transcript yet.

2. This depends on you, either ways leads to the same result so it is what you're comfortable doing that is okay. So many people submit online and so many people also submit via paper route.

3. Oh well yes cos I think NYSC discharge certificate is an important document to submit along with your application. You can ask other people though but every person I've seen their timeline submitted their NYSC discharge cert with their application.

I hope this helps. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2017
Pls house my school offer will expire September 2018 and have subbmmited my study permit application last 2 weeks 24th of November hope the long month for the school take in can not cause delay for my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nifeicon: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Compliments of the season.

Kindly assist a Sister here urgently.
After 2 PGD programmes, my spouse and children have tried visiting during my programmes but was denied.
I am tired of living without my family.

I have a 3yrs work permit running but my visa has expired. I want to renew my visa and if possible apply for them.
Please what do I apply for ?
1. Work permit for spouse +visiting my son+ Visiting for myself.
2. Visiting for all.
3.visiting for self and my son and later work permit for spouse.
4, PR straight for myself or for all .

My Son is 7 years old now.
If I am applying for my spouse, using the SWOP route: He has worked for 15years and just retired some months back but he newly registered his private business where he does sales and events. Has personal current account and savings.
About to open a company account.

Kindly advise and assist with the list of documents to be submitted plus any advise and tips will be well appreciated.

Thank you and may God grant all our wishes according to his will. Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 10:26am On Dec 07, 2017
Hi house ,please i do need help with my research statement (proof reading and any addictions) , deadlines are drawing closer.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2017
Nzo1:
Alright. Who is your sponsor?

My aunt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by saucepan: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
nifeicon:
Hello Everyone,

After 2 PGD programmes, my spouse and children have tried visiting during my programmes but was denied.

I have a 3yrs work permit running but my visa has expired. I want to renew my visa and if possible apply for them.
2. Visiting for all.

If I am applying for my spouse, using the SWOP route: He has worked for 15years and just retired some months back but he newly registered his private business where he does sales and events. Has personal current account and savings.

Kindly advise and assist with the list of documents to be submitted plus any advise and tips will be well appreciated.

I think during your work permit post graduation you can apply for permanent residency. Pls research on that. Wish you the very best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rosegoldd: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
Who is in vfs right now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
nifeicon:
Hello Everyone,

2. Visiting for all.

I suggest you and your spouse apply for PR via Express Entry with you as the principal applicant since you have points already from studying in Canada . You stand the chance of earning extra points if your spouse writes IELTS. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by john4affiliate: 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
To God be the glory, I applied for my nephew, he paid full tuition fee but, he did biometrics, we have evidence of th biometrics but his application still got refused and below is the reason.

Anybody with a idea of how to tackle this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
Austinpee4:

Download the form first and save it on your system before you open it with Adobe reader. Also, ensure the reader is of recent version.
It has to first open b4 it can be downloaded..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Somat4ril(m): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
rosegoldd:
Who is in vfs right now?
I am. The Abuja vfs isn't working as a result of network issue. Not funny at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by krisjack11: 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
krisjack11:
Hello my people i need a solution i have applied for a study visa since 12th of oct 2017 online and i haven't since any update since i did my biometrics on 16 october is the reason because i got refused in march or because i came from canada to apply a new study visa because my petmit expired and i applied with a wrong document and was refused even tried to restore with the same wrong acceptance letter i got on the firstday of my admission
Please help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gg4real: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2017
Please how can I tackle this refusal reason "Upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the
reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona
fide student & would depart Canada at end of authorized stay."?

Study Economics at the Unilag, has three years working experience in the hospitality industry and I am planning to study Global hospitality Mgt at Conestoga College.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zan1999: 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
TDultimate:

It has to first open b4 it can be downloaded..
I experienced the same problem too. Click on the download button in the browser while it is still trying to open.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2017
Bosses, pls is it necessary to submit an NYSC discharge certificate in a situation that ur are applying for TRV during the period of service.
Would also love to know if doing a Masters degree (ccourse based) in canada would make it hard for such a person to proceed to pHD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2017
gg4real:
Please how can I tackle this refusal reason?
Purpose of visit.

Study Economics at the Unilag, has three years working experience in the hospitality industry and I am planning to study Global hospitality Mgt at Conestoga College.

Sorry about this...
But...
You'll need to show more than this for people to help out ooo...

Godspeed...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tweesy: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
It could be so frustrating waiting for a particular email for long and even longer.
To all August applicants, I submitted my application Aug 9th and I got response on the 4th December (Approved)
My mum submitted her Visiting application on the 10th August and she hasn’t got any response yet.
I advice that August or month before August should be more patient. All the mails I sent- up to 4 times before a CSE for my Mum srating my details didn’t fast track anything.At their time they will check it.

I appreciate every ones question and response on this group.Although I got to know about this group after I submitted my application.

My advice to every applicant: If you know you are like me that you don’t have mind for all the things you see in Nairaland.i mean argument of what to and not to submit just close Nairaland and be tracking your application on Cic. I remembered asking a question on Nairaland and I got various suggestions until I decided what to do.

It’s well....

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.