Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825821 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
bree001:
Hi guys, how is medical request gotten please? Do I get a mail or I ll see it on my Cic account?
u are suppose to get a mail notifying u that a message has been sent to ur cic account but that hasn't been the case lately as some people don't get notification. Just be checking ur cic account from time to time and u will see it when it is sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
DereI:

Yes you are right. They stated it clearly that if you have additional documents important to your application, feel free to send it to them stating what it is and quoting your application number/UCI number.
cc: jnyuwa02
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Icandor:

@ maraline, I will be travelling to Winnipeg on the 25th of August by his grace.
bro I'll be in Winnipeg on 29th reply your pm make we relate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
Congratulations @Voltie , God is indeed marvelous. Pls share ur profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
CanadianNurse:
nice one bro... Spot on

Should I go ahead and submit ..plus I want to do online and I don't know how to put the doc together so it won't be more than 4 mb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
DereI:
I dont usually do this but i must.

I'm not obligated to respond to everybody, so the owner of this number 08136338770 - Tobi ....should beware.

Really beware. You know yourself.

Insulting me just because i did not respond to your request..

Elders in the house, i am really unhappy about this ooo..

If una know am, please warn him

Haaaaaaa......derel wetin you do the person .....people can be funny at time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
mesh2003:

In the case of my mum's visiting visa, I sent documents after I applied online via email. They responded saying that the documents I sent has been added to her application and will be reviewed. There is no harm in trying. They also didn't request for it.

What email did you send it to? Is that the same email for all communications with CIC? Did you mum get approved for the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
jey4all:
I am new here. I will like to know if I can get admission to study a graduate course in Toronto with my HND result. Thanks in advance

For sure you can use your HND to gain admission in canada just do some research from thread 1 to 13 read through..........I use my HND to gain admission into undergraduate study

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
Austinpee4:

Sorry o. I saw your email but i've been having issues with my account. As soon as i sort things out, i'll respond. Kindly bear with me.

ok bro thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
bbclue:

Haaaaaaa......derel wetin you do the person .....people can be funny at time

Hmm, old news jare my dear.... Lets move on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What email did you send it to? Is that the same email for all communications with CIC? Did you mum get approved for the visa?

Jnyuwa!!!! Smart guy!!!! Lolz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
kingvicx:
I keep seeing "if the VO is not convinced you'll be returning"...

I must be sincere with y'all, I don't plan returning lol..how do I state this in the SOP and still get the TRV. Na by force make we return? I'm alien abeg.

After living in the United States 20 years, returning home is sweet and I don't want to go back. Why you don't want to return? It's not heaven oo where everyone that has gone refused to come back to earth. To the contrary, the west is a lot of stress. You buy just one house over a span of thirty years when your mates are buying it money down in Nigeria. Why you want to exchange genetically modified food that can give you cancer over organic home grown food in Nigeria ? Please go experience it for yourself. You will find that there is no place like home. And most people don't want to die in Canada, they want to come home and enjoy the latter years of their life in peace and tranquility where racism doesn't exist.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2017
DereI:

Jnyuwa!!!! Smart guy!!!! Lolz

Typo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
mcobex:
Congratulations @Voltie , God is indeed marvelous. Pls share ur profile

I hope it's an approval, but this is unprecedented. Could they be looking to decipher your travel history that is why they are asking for the passport. Approval even before you have passed Medicals, sounds really out there in the outlier of normal CIC occurrence. When did you apply? This info will help in giving a clue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lordjayabs: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys, trust you had a great day.

Please in writing Sponsor's letter, should it be addressed to the embassy or to the school that granted the admission??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I hope it's an approval, but this is unprecedented. Could they be looking to decipher your travel history that is why they are asking for the passport. Approval even before you have passed Medicals, sounds really out there in the outlier of normal CIC occurrence.
For cic to have asked him to go for medical that means approval (except if he fails his medical) but we all know what God can do which is the unthinkable.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Oben209:

Should I go ahead and submit ..plus I want to do online and I don't know how to put the doc together so it won't be more than 4 mb
simply merge and shrink your documents using pdfmerge.com and smallpdf.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
CanadianNurse:
nice one bro... Spot on

I'm trying to do the online application and I wanna attach all my documents to msword and I have done a table of content .. with categories of Kc ate academic doc ,financial documents and background documents.. now I'm thinking do I creat a category stating home ties .. of I just add the CAC to the financial documents and leave it for the VO to do they thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
CanadianNurse:

I have over 40 pages of documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
mcobex:
For cic to have asked him to go for medical that means approval (except if he fails his medical) but we all know what God can do which is the unthinkable.

Yes with God all things are possible I know. But let's not jump the gun. Why would they make him spend in sending his passport, only to find out that he didn't pass medicals. First things first. No proverbial putting of the plough infront of the cow as opposed to at its back. The occurrence is unprecedented. Let us carefully wait and observe. Hoping it's an approval and end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jey4all(m): 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
bbclue:

For sure you can use your HND to gain admission in canada just do some research from thread 1 to 13 read through..........I use my HND to gain admission into undergraduate study
thanks. I just applied for business management at citi college for winter 2018. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. After the admission I will come back here to ask more questions on how to get my visa. Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
CanadianNurse:

I have a private CAC for my own company .. do I haven't started running the business .. can I attach it too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lordjayabs: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
lordjayabs:
Hi guys, trust you had a great day.

Please in writing Sponsor's letter, should it be addressed to the embassy or to the school that granted the admission??

Please guys, I need your help on this. My sponsor is typing her letter now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I sent it to the Accra immigration email address and yes she got the visa for the duration of her passport(5years)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
I am curious what fee people paid to get a Nigerian police clearance and how long did it it take to get it? Was the fee negotiable? Here in Jos they charged me 20k. I mentioned this forum to the police that people here said it costs only 5k in Alagbon. They said that is Lagos and this is Jos. Does this make any sense?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
lordjayabs:

To the embassy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I am curious what fee people paid to get a Nigerian police clearance and how long did it it take to get it? Was the fee negotiable? Here in Jos they charged me 20k. I mentioned this forum to the police that people here said it costs only 5k in Alagbon. They said that is Lagos and this is Jos. Does this make any sense?

same price (25k)in Benin ...so I packed my bags and suddenly i found myself in alagbon doing it for 5k

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
lordjayabs:

Sponsorship letter is adressed to the canadian high commission or embassy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Funny enough police clearance is free. I paid nothing.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Yomalicious:

Funny enough police clearance is free. I paid nothing.
Cheers
you must be related to IG OF POLICE. ..even bail no free for police station

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yes with God all things are possible I know. But let's not jump the gun. Why would they make him spend in sending his passport, only to find out that he didn't pass medicals. First things first. No proverbial putting of the plough infront of the cow as opposed to at its back. The occurrence is unprecedented. Let us carefully wait and observe. Hoping it's an approval and end in praise.
Hardly would a medical test result with a possibilty of failing or a medical issue that may lead to an applicant failing leave the hospital without the panel physician contacting the applicant for advise or further test. The panel physician only forwards the result to IRCC to confirm that a medical examination was completed and as well give his/her remarks.

So once the hospital completes a test and forwards it to CIC without any issue, it's usually almost certain that the exam has been passed. However, IRCC may request further test(s) if there is need for additional info about the test. Even in that, the panel physician will be notified on what to test for and forward such test results. So yes, once there is an 'all cleared' from the hospital, it's usually an indication of 'medical passed'..IRCC updates this once the result is recieved and this info is archived in their record with a validity of 12months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Voltie: 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I hope it's an approval, but this is unprecedented. Could they be looking to decipher your travel history that is why they are asking for the passport. Approval even before you have passed Medicals, sounds really out there in the outlier of normal CIC occurrence. When did you apply? This info will help in giving a clue.

31st of may.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.