Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825490 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 3:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

Lol..the finger print go use aero rebate return ticket between jos and lag plus the constable fuel money both in jos and lag for ground service! And 20k na just to help my guy considering the urgency and with abeg o. grin naija!

Lol. They have registered despatch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:13am On Jul 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I know @thesoj NA baba for this type of matter.... Try and reach him but make sure you have your dictionary by ur side grin
Hahahaha.

Oben209:
No luck on the hyperlink yet .. need help
Do you have Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat Pro? You can create hyperlinks if you use this software.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 5:15am On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What email did you send it to? Is that the same email for all communications with CIC? Did you mum get approved for the visa?

cic info about additional documents after online submission:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=326&top=23

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 5:22am On Jul 28, 2017
Yomalicious:

Like I said, there is no charge for police clearance certificate. It's when I started following this thread that I started seeing people dropping prices and numbers. I had to go back to ask their CP and he said and I quote " any officer that collects money for police clearance is collecting it in he's pocket" NPF doesn't charge.

This is just for your information oh.

Cheers

Well, there might truly not be any charge for it but will the CP come and do it for free for all of us! If we walk into a police station and they refuse to do it for us because we didn't drop...we are only doing ourselves and wasting our time! Even tint permit is now free but which police station will issue it free to you!!

So welcome to Nigeria...where we have to pay people to do their jobs!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:28am On Jul 28, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

NAIJA na your choice, CANADA our destination. The stress is blessed in the west. It is better to live in a less demonic region than to live in a region where its leaders are more cruel than demons.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey. At some point in the journey you gonna come to your senses and realize that there is no place like home. Please go make money in Canada and come back home and enjoy it. You will never be able to enjoy it Canada because they system will sap every ounce of blood from you and nobody gives a damn about you. To the contrary you will be very well respected if you come back home, surrounded by family and great community life. The government of Nigeria would be only an afterthought to you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 5:28am On Jul 28, 2017
ferdinandurian:
hello house need help. I have registered nurse certificate (RN) from one of the school of nursing, licensed and practising with one of the tertiary hospital. I intend to migrate to Canada to obtain degree either in nursing(Rn-Bnsc) or any related health course but I don't know which university or college that will consider me for admission.i have made plans for ielts exam.am 27 and my weac is 2 sitting 07/08.please what is my chances, someone please direct me on how to go about it? @Canadiannurse please

Search for schools that offer health related courses on google. Read their course requirements and program outcome and narrow down to the one that best fits your career goals. Don't start registering for ielts when it might not even be a requirement at the end.

Lastly, I don't think admission to Bnsc will be directly possible. Justthinking...do the research!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 5:31am On Jul 28, 2017
ferdinandurian:
hello house need help. I have registered nurse certificate (RN) from one of the school of nursing, licensed and practising with one of the tertiary hospital. I intend to migrate to Canada to obtain degree either in nursing(Rn-Bnsc) or any related health course but I don't know which university or college that will consider me for admission.i have made plans for ielts exam.am 27 and my weac is 2 sitting 07/08.please what is my chances, someone please direct me on how to go about it? @Canadiannurse please
Someone please help me answer my question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 5:33am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

Search for schools that offer health related courses on google. Read their course requirements and program outcome and narrow down to the one that best fits your career goals. Don't start registering for ielts when it might not even be a requirement at the end.

Lastly, I don't think admission to Bnsc will be directly possible. Justthinking...do the research!
thnks chimah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 5:37am On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey. At some point in the journey you gonna come to your senses and realize that there is no place like home. Please go make money in Canada and come back home and enjoy it. You will never be able to enjoy it Canada because they system will sap every ounce of blood from you and nobody gives a damn about you. To the contrary you will be very well respected if you come back home, surrounded by family and great community life. The government of Nigeria would be only an afterthought to you.

The zeal to travel to Canada or out of Nigeria is always high especially when one has never gone before.

But once they step their foot out there, see and do all you always dreamed off...the urge to come back home immediately arises!

So leave all these people that claim they will never come back, Life will definitely happen and they will be among the first running back to Nigeria.

No matter how useless our leaders and APC have decided to become! There is no place like home! I wont lie to anyone!

Every Nigerian abroad prays for the day the country can get a bit better so that they can come back! If anyone doubts me, confirm when you reach Canada! wink

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 5:41am On Jul 28, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:
Hello everyone,

Please where are the bankers here or somone experienced.

I have a one way ticket ?can I get student travel allowance or PTA.

I guess it's 4000 USD.

Please anyone that can provide useful information

Thanks in advance.

I have someone who applied this week from Diamond bank and it wasn't a requirement. And it took 24hours to process. But you can only apply within 14 days of your travel date. I don't know if the rules differs in other banks anyway.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:48am On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:
After living in the United States 20 years, returning home is sweet and I don't want to go back. Why you don't want to return? It's not heaven oo where everyone that has gone refused to come back to earth. To the contrary, the west is a lot of stress. You buy just one house over a span of thirty years when your mates are buying it money down in Nigeria. Why you want to exchange genetically modified food that can give you cancer over organic home grown food in Nigeria ? Please go experience it for yourself. You will find that there is no place like home. And most people don't want to die in Canada, they want to come home and enjoy the latter years of their life in peace and tranquility where racism doesn't exist.

Abeg forgive my long post grin

Interesting opinion & experience. For me, the west (at least the US) is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less stressful than home. I agree that some Nigerians have it better in Naija than if they went abroad, but this is a minuscule minority (usually the well-connected, the corrupt, or the even rarer few who can make it big without being corrupt).

I also agree with you that many people want to move back to Naija in their latter years; but then the thing is that there other fantastic places like parts of the Caribbean and other parts of Africa (e.g. Mauritius, Cape Verde, even part of calm Senegal sef) that one could move to in those latter years.

I love the Nigerian never-say-die spirit, but as a student of history I keep reminding myself that while I'm Nigerian, I shouldn't forget that Nigeria is an artificial invention by Europeans. The distance between my hometown and Accra is shorter than the distance between my hometown and Maiduguri; I say this to illustrate the fact that home can be what we want to define it to be.

There are many good things about Naija that I miss, but for me those are considerably outweighed by living in a place where I am able to live up to close to my potential as a human, and still aspire for much more.

I would encourage people to imagine & construct how they would make a good living if they had to come back to Naija after studying in Canada (don't forget to communicate this to the VO, this blueprint may come in handy if you don't get PR!). I also feel that the world is now a small village and the concept of home is beginning to be more expansive.

I would finally like to add that those of us Nigerians who go abroad should not forget to help others back home to reach their potential, by constructively investing in individuals or profitable ideas at home.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

The zeal to travel to Canada or out of Nigeria is always high especially when one has never gone before.

But once they step their foot out there, see and do all you always dreamed off...the urge to come back home immediately arises!

So leave all these people that claim they will never come back, Life will definitely happen and they will be among the first running back to Nigeria.

No matter how useless our leaders and APC have decided to become! There is no place like home! I wont lie to anyone!

Every Nigerian abroad prays for the day the country can get a bit better so that they can come back! If anyone doubts me, confirm when you reach Canada! wink

Very true. Before leaving Nigeria, all I wanted to was to leave. After leaving all I wanted to, was to come back. The irony of life. Sometimes I got up from my sleep having nightmares and sweating that my parents in Nigeria are gonna die and I will have nothing but regrets my whole life if I refuse to come back and see them and perhaps they die. So glad to be back and spend time with my family on an extended time and catch up on all that I have lost. Going to Canada, I intend never to be away from Nigeria that long again. As a matter of fact, I have gained a new appreciation for this country. All it took is leaving it to see. I want to come back and make positive contributions to this country that really needs it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Very true. Before leaving Nigeria, all I wanted to was to leave. After leaving all I wanted to, was to come back. The irony of life. Sometimes I got up from my sleep having nightmares and sweating that my parents in Nigeria are gonna die and I will have nothing but regrets my whole life if I refuse to come back and see them and perhaps they die. So glad to be back and spend time with my family on an extended time and catch up on all that I have lost. Going to Canada, I intend never to be away from Nigeria that long again. As a matter of fact, I have gained a new appreciation for this country. All it took is leaving it to see. I want to come back and make positive contributions to this country that really needs it.

Reality of life. I must say your point of view is great. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME.

Chèers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ItzChinnex(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2017
DereI:

On what?
On how to apply for Student Canada Visa Sir.
Am going for Masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Yomalicious:

Like I said, there is no charge for police clearance certificate. It's when I started following this thread that I started seeing people dropping prices and numbers. I had to go back to ask their CP and he said and I quote " any officer that collects money for police clearance is collecting it in he's pocket" NPF doesn't charge.

This is just for your information oh.

Cheers

So what will u advise In a situation where the officer in charge refused to do it for free? and u know. CPs are not that available to attend to all.

Rgds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
RAY12345:

So what will u advise In a situation where the officer in charge refused to do it for free? and u know. CPs are not that available to attend to all.

Rgds

NPF have dropped numbers incase any officer asks for bribe. But you know this won't work if we keep encouraging it. Well I just dropped that write up for you guys to know it's free. If you decide to bribe it's up to u. Change starts from us the citizens

Moving on

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2017
Yomalicious:

REALLY "less demonic region" #disagree with the caption

I agree the west is no less under Satan's bondage than Nigeria. I actually find the Nigerian environment more wholesome than the west. The west might not be mired in witchcraft and black magic like Nigeria, they are under a different bondage: sex slavery and hedonism. Satan is the Prince of this world be better aligning yourself with God so that when your time is up in this world, you will go to heaven to be with the Lord. This is the most important preparation in life. Preparing for Canada while important, is not even close in importance in comparison to preparing for where you spend eternity.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I agree the west is no less under Satan's bondage than Nigeria. I actually find the Nigerian environment more wholesome than the west. The west might not be mired in witchcraft and black magic like Nigeria, they are under a different bondage: sex slavery and hedonism. Satan is the Prince of this world be better aligning yourself with God so that when your time is up in this world, you will go to heaven to be with the Lord. This is the most important preparation in life. Preparing for Canada while important, is not even close in importance in comparison to preparing for where you spend eternity.
TRUE WORDS SIR, TRUE WORDS!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2017
thesoj:
Hahahaha.

Do you have Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat Pro? You can create hyperlinks if you use this software.

I don't have ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2017
thesoj:
Hahahaha.

Please can you explain how I go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2017
Oben209:

Please can you explain how I go about it

Do you know where I can get a free version
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 8:28am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

I have someone who applied this week from Diamond bank and it wasn't a requirement. And it took 24hours to process. But you can only apply within 14 days of your travel date. I don't know if the rules differs in other banks anyway.

Okay thanks very much and please do you the rate.

And do i need to open a diamond account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

That you didn't make it over there does not mean others can't make it over there. Your destiny is not attached to the destiny of others. That i'm looking for a great country to stay doesn't take Africa away from me. .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

That you didn't make it over there does not mean others can't make it over there. Your destiny is not attached to the destiny of others. That i'm looking for a great country to stay doesn't take Africa away from me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 8:47am On Jul 28, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

That you didn't make it over there does not mean others can't make it over there. Your destiny is not attached to the destiny of others. That i'm looking for a great country to stay doesn't take Africa away from me. .

Why is this one misyarning!? Learn to Read and understand.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Okay thanks very much and please do you the rate.

And do i need to open a diamond account.

You must have an account with the bank because that is where you will be debited for the PTA purchase.

Rate is 360/$
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Morning good people,

I read you guys yesterdays post on sending additional documents to cic mail after submisison.
i just passed Cfa level 2 exam with very good grades (7 over 70s) and was wondering if i should send it in or its not necessary. I got admission for msc in management. ti only submitted my level 1 result which i passed in 2015.
what do u guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Yomalicious:

REALLY "less demonic region" #disagree with the caption

Nne...at least the weather over there often cools the brain of those demons a bit, but the kain weather wey dey here makes the demons to be more demonic. Have you ever heard that a demon crashed in CANADA while flying? Have you ever heard that a man got stuck while having s*x in CANADA? There are thousands of demonic machinations in this coutry that I could have mentioned; but lemme reserve my comment

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

Why is this one misyarning!? Learn to Read and understand.

Yes madam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2017
jacksonyito:
Morning good people,

I read you guys yesterdays post on sending additional documents to cic mail after submisison.
i just passed Cfa level 2 exam with very good grades (7 over 70s) and was wondering if i should send it in or its not necessary. I got admission for msc in management. ti only submitted my level 1 result which i passed in 2015.
what do u guys think?

Feel free to send it to them to update your additional document.

CIC doesnt bite smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2017
ItzChinnex:

On how to apply for Student Canada Visa Sir.

Am going for Masters

Kindly go to Part 12 of this thread, take your time to read through the whole 1-506pages.

Have fun

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2017
DereI:

Kindly go to Part 12 of this thread, take your time to read through the whole 1-506pages.

Have fun

The mere thought of the 506 pages lasan ��� but it was worth my time... I love this forum man!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.