Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud (28278 Views)

N700million Fraud: Court Adjourns Ize-Iyamu, Four Others’ Case. / Wedding Of Fatima Sa’ad Abubakar, Sultan Of Sokoto's Daughter: 17 Aircrafts / Paris Refund: Firm Returns Governor’s N500m To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
StOla:

N700m will buy you an old colonial bungalow, but on prime land in Ikoyi. So N700m is no longer a big deal for property in some parts of Nigeria

The location is what matters. I suppose for the social status of the Sultan, Asokoro or Maitama will be the desired location in Abuja.

What EFCC need to show us now is if any laws have been breached by the Sokoto State government in officially transferring budgeted funds to an officer of the sultanate for the purpose for which it was duly budgeted.
The sultan is a pig

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by michoim(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
No wonder, the sultan na secret PDP supporter.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
michoim:
No wonder, the sultan na secret PDP supporter.
He is fully APC. A yam eater
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by slowice(m): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
See how they are avoiding the thread... Cos our legal looters ve looted.... No case

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
slowice:
See how they are avoiding the thread... Cos our legal looters ve looted.... No case
The caliphate is full of yam eaters

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Max24: 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Corruption is everywhere!!!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by rainylad(f): 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
..So this thread is just on page 3 after two days??..No Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB to get the regular iddiots here running their filthy mouths..

..@topic,i am not surprised at the Sultan's corrupt allegatiions..these folks up north are masters of government criminality and corruption..but it is only a crime if committed by Southerners and Christians..

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by PointZerom: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
LionDeLeo and Malware, make una clap for Satan of Sokoto.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by StOla: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Exciton:

Based on your last paragraph, I need 2 grams of whatever the fück you're smoking.

We currently account for more than 50% of out of school children globally and you think it's conscionable to budget such an amount for unnecessary accommodation to a glorified figure head who should have no power in a democratic federal republic.

An officer of the sultanate... like it's some real position that gets sh!t done. I almost barfed reading that!

You only need half a gram of rational thought.

If everyone is emotional and irrational in thought, there would be no society or civilization, as everyone would be incapable of social interaction.

The news report itself has identified the man interrogated as an official of the sultanate. Even EFCC released him on bail based on self recognition. The state government has also declared that the funds were officially transferred and even captured in the 2017 budget.

The amount is not jaw dropping for a residential abode in high brow Abuja. Only illiterates, rural dwellers and the wretched poor would find it informative that N700m can only buy a residential house and not a stadium in certain parts of this country.

Kudos to EFCC for being vigilant. What should be investigated further is whether the sultanate has used these funds already to fulfil the budgeted goal or the funds legally received has been shared out without the property purchase accomplished. Continued monitoring if still lodged in the bank account, would ensure it would be used as budgeted.

Do I think the funds have already been wasted by being budgeted for such in the midst of unavailable basic necessities in Sokoto state? Certainly yes, but EFCC needs to show me at the end of their ongoing investigations, what crime has been committed before I can join the mob to shout crucify! crucify!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
@ivolt That answers the question for the political class. What about us,the guys at bottom of the food chain? Personally,I don't see the use of monarchy any longer and with the right motivation,I am personally ready to do away with the one in my hometown<a totally useless guy if you ask me>-don't know about y'all. Or of what use is that archaic system of government in the 21st century? Enough of their bloody excesses. Down with rule by "divine rights".
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by newbornmacho(m): 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
Shameless thieving muslimudeen arewanistans wearing headscarf and squatting to urinate like women, so EFCC cannot detain again abi? Stupid fools.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Sunnyja: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
StOla:

You only need half a gram of rational thought.

If everyone is emotional and irrational in thought, there would be no society or civilization, as everyone would be incapable of social interaction.

The news report itself has identified the man interrogated as an official of the sultanate. Even EFCC released him on bail based on self recognition. The state government has also declared that the funds were officially transferred and even captured in the 2017 budget.

The amount is not jaw dropping for a residential abode in high brow Abuja. Only illiterates, rural dwellers and the wretched poor would find it informative that N700m can only buy a residential house and not a stadium in certain parts of this country.

Kudos to EFCC for being vigilant. What should be investigated further is whether the sultanate has used these funds already to fulfil the budgeted goal or the funds legally received has been shared out without the property purchase accomplished. Continued monitoring if still lodged in the bank account, would ensure it would be used as budgeted.

Do I think the funds have already been wasted by being budgeted for such in the midst of unavailable basic necessities in Sokoto state? Certainly yes, but EFCC needs to show me at the end of their ongoing investigations, what crime has been committed before I can join the mob to shout crucify! crucify!
How comfortable to think that paris club refund will be inco-orperated into a state budget for onward release to sultanate at the same telling me that Diezani's funds was't captured in the FG budget during GEJ tenure.

5 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Jesusloveyou: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
SegunAdewole:
Reason why they want to die in 'one naijeriyya'.
the same way you wanted to die for one Nigeria when your ineffectual buffoon and Pius anyim were stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by ivolt: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@ivolt That answers the question for the political class. What about us,the guys at bottom of the food chain? Personally,I don't see the use of monarchy any longer and with the right motivation,I am personally ready to do away with the one in my hometown<a totally useless guy if you ask me>-don't know about y'all. Or of what use is that archaic system of government in the 21st century? Enough of their bloody excesses. Down with rule by "divine rights".

Unfortunately, it answers the question for us all!

Even if the religious angle can be surmounted, the political class still determines societal direction.
Until you have the power to change the system or force your rep to
do it, the monarchs will remain whether you like them or not.

If our wishes did translate into action, we would have a better country.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Brooklynsouth(f): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
StOla:

N700m will buy you an old colonial bungalow, but on prime land in Ikoyi. So N700m is no longer a big deal for property in some parts of Nigeria

The location is what matters. I suppose for the social status of the Sultan, Asokoro or Maitama will be the desired location in Abuja.

What EFCC need to show us now is if any laws have been breached by the Sokoto State government in officially transferring budgeted funds to an officer of the sultanate for the purpose for which it was duly budgeted.
one Yoruba Muslim has arrived

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Jesusloveyou: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
rainylad:

..So this thread is just on page 3 after two days??..No Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB to get the regular iddiots here running their filthy mouths..

..@topic,i am not surprised at the Sultan's corrupt allegatiions..these folks up north are masters of government criminality and corruption..but it is inly a crime if committed by Southerners and Christians..
why will a Christian steal?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by obailala(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

U know southerner generally don't practice the game of Fulani politics. May be because of Christianity and stuff. The HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims style of politics is outright demonic. The whole noise of corruption around all the people with GEJ is false. They already know that GEJ has one more term to seek for presidency and this scare them to their bones. They therefore want to remove all the people that are closer to GEJ. DSP Alams is down, FelixObua- CSO to GEJ down, Patience account frozen and her life is under threat, Dezieni is next, after all the folks in PDP who were loyal to GEJ were hounded to EFCC and DSS gulag.
They now took a step further yesterday by passing a bill to prevent GEJ from ever seeking presidency again. What kind of country is this abeg??
All the people you named, did they steal or not?.... Black man! undecided
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by StOla: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sunnyja:
How comfortable to think that paris club refund will be inco-orperated into a state budget for onward release to sultanate at the same telling me that Diezani's funds was't captured in the FG budget during GEJ tenure.

Please don't trivialise issues by comparing apples to oranges.

The only way the Paris funds can be spent by the respective state governments is for it to be budgeted. EFCC and non state residents cannot dictate to Sokoto state what projects it chooses to accomplish with each year's state budget.

Every state in Nigeria, by law, funds the traditional institutions that exist therein. They exist under the authority of the state government, and if Sokoto state government believes part of the Paris funds refund should be allocated to the Sultanate to acquire a sultanate residence in Abuja, then it is left to concerned Sokoto residents to protest the vain use of scarce funds.

Certainly no embezzlement of budgeted funds has been alleged yet, nor has there been any siphoning of funds that should accrue to the state in the manner Diezani did.

You may not agree that such funds should have been spent as such that it does not better the life of the common Sokoto resident, but the amount is neither exaggerated for what it has been budgeted for in such a location and for such a personality. If it would be later embezzled or diverted to other personal uses of the Sultan and his officials outside of the budgeted purchase is what we should be watching out for.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by FakoMaybach1: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
God will punish all Nigerian thieves, and as e be say sultan don steal God will punish him. If una like make una ban me i dont care i don yarn my belle 700 million will build a house like 1004 and house at least 50 families. Na him sultan wan move via his crony.
His children school abroad and he gets forex at lower price. God please bring your wrath on these men, may they die painfully, may their scrotum shrink, may their eyes go blind and may the angel of the Lord pursue them. Selah

Once again May God punish them
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by StOla: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
one Yoruba Muslim has arrived

Must you reduce everything to tribal politics? We are discussing about Sokoto state here and you had to bring your miserable Igbo disease into it?

What manner of ravaged tormented soul are you?

Yet so lacking in intelligence that you cannot even articulate a civilized counter opinion.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
StOla:

Why you donate your brain give Alfa?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by obailala(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
RZArecta:
No outrage since it doesn't involve Patience Jonathan or Dieziani.. "Corruption" is meant for a select few
Trut:

I was thinking that this thread will be hot like threads that talks about Diezani, GEJ, PEJ, PDP alleged corruption, but alas it wasn't. All the zombies and Afor Ojor are missing in action here.
rainylad:

..@topic,i am not surprised at the Sultan's corrupt allegatiions..these folks up north are masters of government criminality and corruption..but it is inly a crime if committed by Southerners and Christians..
slowice:
danmasani101:

I know the other zombie mod would rather delete it than take it to FP
Just imagine how other pathetic zombies avoided the thread
Nigeria a country where corrupt politicians & leaders are defended on social media based on religious, tribal or party affiliation
Based on the above, definitely no hope in sight

You guys should take a careful look through this thread and think very deeply; maybe you will realise the real reason why there doesn't seem to be any outrage and why the thread hasn't instantly grown to 20 pages.

To save you all the trouble, I will point out the reason. The only reason there doesn't seem to be any outrage and why this thread isn't long is because following the allegations, no mob has run out either on the road with placards or online to defend, defend and defend!!! the man on the basis of political or religious or ethnic sentiments; read through the thread very well, not a single soul seems to be desperately defending the man and that exactly is the answer to your questions.

The only reason those Jonathanian thievery threads run into 20 pages is because even before the thread hits page two, a multitude of people like yourself run out and start defending, wailing and cursing out everyone for daring to accuse or persecute 'your own thieves' (a.k.a he is our brother or he is pdp or he is Christian), such a pathetic culture adopted from God knows where.

Hopefully you guys now get the point.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by StOla: 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Why you donate your brain give Alfa?

Since you have chosen to poke your nose, kindly tell me the name of the crime that has been committed and what penalty the Nigerian constitution prescribes for such a crime?

It is ever so evident that this country is a nation of uncivilized humans with a mob of mentally handicapped victims who no longer know what is law and what is responsibility.

After all the education, only few can reason rationally and logically. Worse still, fewer can argue the opinions they so ignorantly espouse.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by crown2gold(m): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nigeria na wa oooo!

See my signature below
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
StOla:

Since you have chosen to poke your nose, kindly tell me the name of the crime that has been committed and what penalty the Nigerian constitution prescribes for such a crime?

It is ever so evident that this country is a nation of uncivilized humans with a mob of mentally handicapped victims who no longer know what is law and what is responsibility.

After all the education, only few can reason rationally and logically. Worse still, fewer can argue the opinions they so ignorantly espouse.
You are simply an airhead. The fact that no one is responding doesn't mean you are intelligent... Rather it means the sultan is a pig...a very dirty one of course.. and you defending the exposed pig is? ...

Sultan Sa'ad is a pig.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
700 million to buy a house from government coffers in a State that produces nothing of value to Nigeria!!! Sultan Sa'ad is a thief a yam eating thief!!

Saudi Arabia where you copied religion from treats her people very well.. but trust you idiots to not copy the great aspects of Islam!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by danmasani101: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
obailala:

You guys should take a careful look through this thread and think very deeply; maybe you will realise the real reason why there doesn't seem to be any outrage and why the thread hasn't instantly grown to 20 pages.

To save you all the trouble, I will point out the reason. The only reason there doesn't seem to be any outrage and why this thread isn't long is because following the allegations, no mob has run out either on the road with placards or online to defend, defend and defend!!! the man on the basis of political or religious or ethnic sentiments; read through the thread very well, not a single soul seems to be desperately defending the man and that exactly is the answer to your questions.

The only reason those Jonathanian thievery threads run into 20 pages is because even before the thread hits page two, a multitude of people like yourself run out and start defending, wailing and cursing out everyone for daring to accuse or persecute 'your own thieves' (a.k.a he is our brother or he is pdp or he is Christian), such a pathetic culture adopted from God knows where.

Hopefully you guys now get the point.

Am glad you admitted been one of the zombies i was referring to, by quoting me.

With all epistle you typed the sultan was not mentioned as expected of a zombie.

Please can you show me where i defended a politician accused of looting??

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
Saudi Arabia where you copied religion from treats her people very well.. but trust you idiots to not copy the great aspects of Islam!.... 700 million naira house in Abuja for what?

I don't buy that... I still believe that Boko Haram is sponsored one way or another.!!

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
danmasani101:

Am glad you admitted been one of the zombies i was referring to, by quoting me.

With all epistle you typed the sultan was not mentioned as expected of a zombie.

Please can you show me where i defended a politician accused of looting??
Shut up. Did he return the yams collected on his behalf?

Nigeria should be disintegrated
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Abubakar Sa’ad Is Named In N700million Paris Refund Fraud by lissh(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
70 billion 4 d akant shouuu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Sallah Visitors In Daura Hometown / IBB Returns Home After 7-week Medical Trip / Hadiza Bala Usman: ‘El-rufai Remains My Boss, The Truth Always Triumphs'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.