Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? (8205 Views)

Which Of These Phones Should I Go For / Which Of These Phones Should I Go For / Nairalanders Which Of The Android Phones Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Gptech:

Aperture is not entirely the reason they shoot sharp images, are you now saying the Nokia 6 shoots better pics than the Huawei P10 with f/2.2? undecided
not possible Huawei's leica lens no be here oh shoots top notch photos
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
Gptech:

Aperture is not entirely the reason they shoot sharp images, are you now saying the Nokia 6 shoots better pics than the Huawei P10 with f/2.2? undecided
okay now to make things clear. Can the huawei p10 shoot better images than the s8 with f/1.7?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
okay now to make things clear. Can the huawei p10 shoot better images than the s8 with f/1.7?

the s8 has 1 of the best camera's naw its on another level
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
toluwanimi07:
the s8 has 1 of the best camera's naw its on another level
Noo it not oo. I thought u said huawei lense is top notch lol..
Now I wanted to make things clear. If the iPhone 8 had f/2.2 do you think it will compare with the s8. Nope instead it cause it has f/1.8 that's why it stands out. Now for you to say the nokia won't shoot better is way of the target. Cause like I said the faster the shutter the better. If the shutter speed is fast it can shoot nice pictures. But if it's slow it drags it down. D though with low Aperture nd exposure which is the shutter speed, it can shoot slow motion images but darker picture like the nikon he mentioned above.

Haven't you noticed why phones will have the same PIxel but different images. Like the s6 and s5 has 16mp but u can tell the difference cause of the Aperture resulting to better exposure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Riyikebaby(f): 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Get the camon Cx, the phone is superb
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
Now I wanted to make things clear. If the iPhone 8 had f/2.2 do you think it will compare with the s8. Nope instead it cause it has f/1.8 that's why it stands out. Now for you to say the nokia won't shoot better is way of the target. Cause like I said the faster the shutter the better. If the shutter speed is fast it can shoot nice pictures. But if it's slow it drags it down. D though with low Aperture nd exposure which is the shutter speed, it can shoot slow motion images but darker picture like the nikon he mentioned above.

Haven't you noticed why phones will have the same PIxel but different images. Like the s6 and s5 has 16mp but u can tell the difference cause of the Aperture resulting to better exposure.

baba im referring to huawei p9
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Gptech(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
CHESTER48:

Boss, let's just forget about this, you are still mixing things up, and yes the Huawei P10 can outperform the Galaxy s8 in certain occasions. What you should understand is the configuration of these settings. The aperture being low has an advantage only in one area (low light), and it's only an advantage when implemented properly. For instance, the Sony Xperia XZ premium out performs the Galaxy S8 in some environment when the light is very very low, and a tripod is required for such shots to minimise handshake. How is this possible despite the the s8 sporting a lower aperture? The Xperia employs a different lens entirely, plus the Sony software is tweaked to reduce the shutter speed far lower than the Samsung's even though both can increase their ISO settings to numbers as high as 3200. Point here is the aperture is just one parameter that determines how bright a picture can be, others are Iso and shutter speed, and each manufacturer tweak these parameters differently to produce a good processed image. If we go by your logic, then if a company like Tecno can slap thesame lens and sensor of the S8 on their device, then they would have got themselves one of the best cameras on phones. Wonder why even though Sony makes the sensors for almost everyone, they still lag behind the likes of Samsung in image production?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Decale: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
CHESTER48:

You're the one being confused here

First of all, lens optics vary to the point that a lower f stop number may not in itself translate to brighter pictures. You could get 2 lenses, shoot at their widest aperture, same settings and still get different levels of exposure

Secondly, other parameters determine how exposed your picture is. The higher the ISO, the brighter a pic. Also, the lower a shutter speed, the brighter a pic. Exposure levels and metering modes selection also play a part too. Anyways, your phone on auto may not get the same level of exposure in a picture with another phone even with the same aperture. Hope you get this

Lastly, processing algorithms are different with phones. Some phones with f1/2.0 may produce better picture than another with f1/1.7.

you have to go manual or set priority mode to get the most out of a picture. Barely choosing auto would make top tier phones with higher f stop numbers have better images than a midrange phone with an f1/1.7. If you shoot in RAW, you get better use of your pictures
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Benjoh(m): 3:11am On Aug 01, 2017
Suspect33:
Nice analysis, though the nokia 6 you suggested is a little bit above my budget, i think its around 80-90k,
then settle or Nokia 5 I lov it too and am changing this Gionee M5 mini to it soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Kootz444: 5:45am On Aug 01, 2017
Suspect33:
I want to get a reliable phone that will serve me for a long time, i have two options which are the Infinix Note 4, Tecno Camon CX and Gionee M5 Marathon, the Gionee is fairly used but has no issues and the Tecno / Infinix which if i settle for would be a new one, but the way tecno / infinix products are coming under heavy critisism makes me have a second thought on how reliable they can be, Guys whats your thoughts
Go for Gionee you won't regret it, I've used Gionee M5 and it awesome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Kereokwu(f): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Pls whats the major difference between the nokia 5 and 6, my budget might not take 6 but just wanted to know if there is a huge difference. I will really appreciate a quick response.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
Kereokwu:
Pls whats the major difference between the nokia 5 and 6, my budget might not take 6 but just wanted to know if there is a huge difference. I will really appreciate a quick response.
Thanks
yeah the nokia 6 has a full hd screen, 4gb of ram 64gb internal storage a better camera and its 5.5 inch
The nokia 5 has 2gb of ram 16gb of internal storage 5.2inch hd display

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by mosho2good: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
oscillation55:
I'd love to take up your deal, from your options Infinix note 4 seems the best placed to vie for; it's new, have awesome features, cheap too.
Contact me through my signature to get yours @great price. Best price guaranteed.
Regards
Bro how can I get in touch with you I stay in Lagos and I need the infinix hot4.....
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Kereokwu(f): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks
[sub][/sute author=toluwanimi07 post=59057756] yeah the nokia 6 has a full hd screen, 4gb of ram 64gb internal storage a better camera and its 5.5 inch
The nokia 5 has 2gb of ram 16gb of internal storage 5.2inch hd display [/quote]
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by FiveNaira: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Clean Sony Xperia Z3 for sale @ a give-away price.
....Let's talk: http:///send?phone=2348xxxxx304
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by vellie: 1:25am On Aug 13, 2017
toluwanimi07:
check out xiaomi redmi note 4x 4gb 64gb fots ur budget change go still remain sef if i am not mistaking
how much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2017
busybrain123:
if you have the money go for infinix note4
Overhyped peice of shit
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Ennyholar: 7:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Camon CX
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by koskilala: 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
Suspect33:
I want to get a reliable phone that will serve me for a long time, i have two options which are the Infinix Note 4, Tecno Camon CX and Gionee M5 Marathon, the Gionee is fairly used but has no issues and the Tecno / Infinix which if i settle for would be a new one, but the way tecno / infinix products are coming under heavy critisism makes me have a second thought on how reliable they can be, Guys whats your thoughts

Am currently using the camon CX. Nothing wrong with. Good product
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Kereokwu(f): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
Well I got the nokia 5, its almost 2weeks now. So far I am enjoying it.
Thanks to all who helped with information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2017
Kereokwu:
wink uwc
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 8:36am On Aug 17, 2017
vellie:
how much?
about 65kplus should land u 1

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Prinzyy: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kereokwu:
How much did you buy your nokia 5,again any idea of price of the nokia 6??
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Prinzyy: 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
toluwanimi07:
about 65kplus should land u 1
is thi xiomi better than tecno phantom 5??
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2017
Suspect33:
so i should get it because you are using it

No, because I know it's a good phone and I haven't had issues with it since I got it. I am sharing my testimony with you.
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Suspect33(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
funmyade:

No, because I know it's a good phone and I haven't had issues with it since I got it. I am sharing my testimony with you.
thanks
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
Suspect33:
thanks
get it and coman thank me later grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sound Bars, Home Theatre Or JBL: Which Is Better? / Official Infinix Hot S Thread / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.