Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Do Atheists Experience Nightmares - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Experience Nightmares (2174 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by 0temAtum: 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
Observation of Rastus

19. For so dreamt some of us in the days when we engrossed our minds in the scriptures written by the Jews. And when we sleep, we dream the content of our head and see the texts again in our dreams.
20. And we say, indeed, these are visions from God Almighty.
21. But when we became enlightened, we knew that all these are the things which we have kept in our heads before. And like waste products did they play out again in our dreams.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by 0temAtum: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Observation of Rastus. 9:19-21

doctufos: 19. For so dreamt some of us in the days when we engrossed our minds in the scriptures written by the Jews. And when we sleep, we dream the content of our head and see the texts again in our dreams.
20. And we say, indeed, these are visions from God Almighty.
21. But when we became enlightened, we knew that all these are the things which we have kept in our heads before. And like waste products did they play out again in our dreams.

I love nightmares more than daydreams, because I love horror films more than fantasy films.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by NairalandSARS: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nope.
I have lucid dreaming, so i practically control my dream world.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2017
I started having interesting dreams after when I stopped believing in fairy-tales.

There was a period I would be self-aware in my dreams; because I managed to lose the fear of the dark, spirits, ghosts etc. When I see something strange in my dreams instead of running like I used to do(in the dreams), I walked towards it and try to have a chat. After a while I began to decide when it time to wake up from my dream, consciously. There was a time I was on the battlefield with Arnold Schwarzeneggar fighting by my side, I was so good at killing the villains. I decided to enjoy myself some more, thinking it was a better feeling than the movie I watched last night(i knew I was dreaming). I woke up when the villain pointed a gun to my head. I sat and was smiling. My bro was surprised, because I woke up, got up walked to the bathroom like I was never asleep.

These days I just dream about girls I want to Bleep in real life.

4 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Martinez19(m): 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
I discovered and I second with otemanuduno, that dreams are due to what you have in your head. Dreams are random and should not be taken seriously. Pastors are smart, they fill your head with all sorts and take advantage of you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2017
obinna58:

Dreams are one of the pillars of religion, there are many types of dreams people experience when drift off to sleep, many Christians tends to believe that atheists also have terrible nightmares even to an extent of calling Jesus for help grin
When I found out the frauds of religion, I sticked with deism cos I felt that having affair with supreme being must not require the help of another human being, then later journeyed into atheism after discovering there is no means I cold ever communicate with supreme being,
At tender age I av been seriously tormented by all sorts of beings, demons/ghosts/monsters/evilspirits etc also I av had quite number of sweet dreams, but nightmares wouldn't just get off me, to be sincere I was raised with fear of all sort of unknown beings, av also heard thousands of stories mostly about how people are being attacked spiritually,
Honestly Jesus is always my Savior during a terrible dreams unless the beast hurriedly took away my voice before I could call un Jesus for help(when still a deist), I later realized dreams are just what u operate by urself unknowingly, took me months to figure out though,
I learnt that Jesus is just an illusion I created in dreams as a helper, and the beasts/demons/ghosts/monsters/evilspirit they are what I also made as attackers

I av seen many threads encouraging dreamers who think they do see supreme beings talking to them, teaching them on how advance to a level where they could get a very positive advantage through dreams which is impossible,
Every single shits u experience in dreams is what u created for urself nothing more

Anyway to The purpose of why Created this thread
Do atheists also experience nightmares?

hopefulLandlord, Adepeter26, Brahampaul, akintom, scepticalpyrrho, Martinez19, jonbellion, Ngo40, winner01, blueAgent, 0temAtum, otemanduno, hahn, thehomer, JackBizzle, lepasharon, cloudgodess, frecocoa, CatFishBilly, Kay17, joseph1013, frank317, HardMirror, wiegraf, EvilBrain, teempakguy, Lennycool, akintom, SirWere, jonbellion, onetrack, plaetton, ifenes, hopefulLandlord, phuckjesus666, OtemAtum,Martinez19, CAPSLOCKED, chemystery, branham paul, folykaze, pagan9ja, hanabian,plaetton,
Niflheim, Wilgrea7, felixomor

Op please explain why some people have dreams that come to past.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
blueAgent:

Op please explain why some people have dreams that come to past.
dreams mostly deals with the thoughts one has in mind, at times predictions also come to pass depending on the number, when one project it mind to future expectations he/she will also tends to dream about it often, if one can have an estimated dreams of about 50 concerning the the future, it's not bad if 1/2 or even 3 comes to reality
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 6:47am On Aug 03, 2017
obinna58:

dreams mostly deals with the thoughts one has in mind, at times predictions also come to pass depending on the number, when one project it mind to future expectations he/she will also tends to dream about it often, if one can have an estimated dreams of about 50 concerning the the future, it's not bad if 1/2 or even 3 comes to reality

Laughable. You have not seen anything in life just keep quiet if you don't understand life.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2017
obinna58:

Just lastweek i went to the House of an elderly family friend, in his dream he saw himself been strangled and in real life when he woke up his neck was Swollen which i confirmed,same person had a dream where he lost his Educational particulars and it happened in real life till date he has not seen his certificates,same man lost his daughter this year in the month of April after he had a dream where the baby who has not started to crawl was walking torwards an unknown place 2days later the daughter died i was there present.
Stop explaining things above your ability to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by frank317: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2017
kevoh:
I still have nightmares as an atheist grin but not the stupid demon,devil, witch type angry angry but sweet ones.. An example is me repeatedly finding myself in boarding house/school in my dreams. Then I did master's programme in 2015 and those nightmares stopped coming. Another example, if I have to defend a project/assignment at work I will dream about failing to defend it but wake up and go to ace the defence.

Damn bro!! The boarding house dreams can't just get off ma head. Infact my secondary school school dreams of writing exams and having class sessions also always reoccur in my dreams.

I guess that period of my life had serious effect on me.

3 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by onetrack(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2017
I don't experience nightmares. Very occasionally I have a bad dream.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by frank317: 11:01am On Aug 03, 2017
blueAgent:

Just lastweek i went to the House of an elderly family friend, in his dream he saw himself been strangled and in real life when he woke up his neck was Swollen which i confirmed,same person had a dream where he lost his Educational particulars and it happened in real life till date he has not seen his certificates,same man lost his daughter this year in the month of April after he had a dream where the baby who has not started to crawl was walking torwards an unknown place 2days later the daughter died i was there present.

Lol he seem to be Joseph the dreamer, unfortunately his dreams don't seem to be helpful.

The fact is there is a lot he wouldn't tell u about the prior information or his fears before the dream.

If I may ask, what's the point of dreaming about evil that will surly come to past? How has his dreams helped humanity or himself and people around him?

Before my grand mum died I had a dream about her death. But that was just what it was... "My fears which expressed themselves in a dream that finally came to past'. Or what else should we call it?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
blueAgent:

My uncle's heavily pregnant wife visited our family, every one was talking about her, she talked about everything concerning her pregnant life, later my junior bro dreamed about her revisiting us with a child and definitely it happened that way, I'm sure u know what triggered him into experiencing that kind of dream,
the elderly man may have hitten his neck somewhere that made him to have such dream, Equally the daughter may also have been in such a situation that made him to dream about her
I av heard many stories compare to the ones u talked, none of them seemed so real and besides it doesn't help human in anyway, just our mind playing us
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Humanistme: 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
you shouldn't have replied him sef. he probably made this story up to defend his myth grin[quote author=obinna58 post=59113172]
My uncle's heavily pregnant wife visited our family, every one was talking about her, she talked about everything concerning her pregnant life, later my junior bro dreamed about her revisiting us with a child and definitely it happened that way, I'm sure u know what triggered him into experiencing that kind of dream,
the elderly man may have hitting his neck somewhere that made him to have such dream, Equally the daughter may also have been in such a situation that made him to dream about her
I av heard many stories compare to the ones u talked, none of them seemed so real and besides it doesn't help human in anyway, just our mind playing
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by sorextee(m): 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Omg.. Shes a she?

sonofluc1fer:

Yes, I dream. I have a vivid imagination so my dreams can be a bit intense sometimes.
In my dreams, you are a beautiful, warm and nice lady.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
obinna58:

the elderly man may have hitting his neck somewhere that made him to have such dream, Equally the daughter may also have been in such a situation that made him to dream about her
I av heard many stories compare to the ones u talked, none of them seemed so real and besides it doesn't help human in anyway, just our mind playing us

Laughable ,
As usual Atheists imposing their thoughts on another persons thought.
The Man i gave you example with, never had any of those after thought you suppose he had.

Try harder.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
frank317:

Lol he seem to be Joseph the dreamer, unfortunately his dreams don't seem to be helpful.

The fact is there is a lot he wouldn't tell u about the prior information or his fears before the dream.

If I may ask, what's the point of dreaming about evil that will surly come to past? How has his dreams helped humanity or himself and people around him?

Before my grand mum died I had a dream about her death. But that was just what it was... "My fears which expressed themselves in a dream that finally came to past'. Or what else should we call it?

Laughable.

So what makes our fears to manifest?
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by frank317: 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2017
blueAgent:

Laughable.

So what makes our fears to manifest?

Our fears does not always manifest. Life is random and coincidences happen.

Ask ur uncle, do all his dream happen or is he just telling u the ones that coincides with real life events?

Of course there is always a probability that our fears can manifest just as there are probabilities that they might not manifest.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by OtemAtum: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
2nd Motus 4:11-12

11. Now the good deeds of Eostre was so much that many began to make temples in her name to worship her. And many who dreamt bad dreams came to her and she gave them solutions to their bad dreams.
12. And Eostre said, life is a story which your memory captures. Go to the scribes and demand of them to write good stories for you. Now before you sleep, read the stories to yourself and sleep. Your dreams shall no more be fearful, for your mind shall give you a dream of that which you thought about before you sleep.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
blueAgent:

Laughable ,
As usual Atheists imposing their thoughts on another persons thought.
The Man i gave you example with, never had any of those after thought you suppose he had.

Try harder.

the man told you he never had any after thoughts?
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2017
[quote author=obinna58 post=59147837]

the man told you he never had any after thoughts?

No he didn't.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by obinna58(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
blueAgent:

No he didn't.
Then why defending what u don't know
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
obinna58:
Then why defending what u don't know

He told me he didn't.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
blueAgent:

Dream 1. Your friend might have unconsciously felt his neck swelling up or felt pain around his neck. His brain took this and made it into a dream. Sometimes when I am sleeping and it gets cold I have dreams that involve feeling cold.

Dream 2: If he had a dream about the future how come he couldn't then prevent it? Does that make sense?

Dream 3: Pure coincidence, a simple dream about his daughter walking suddenly signifies death. Any number of dreams could signify the same thing like a dream where she actually died. In addition the dream itself could be about any number of things. His daughter walking, his daughter getting kidnapped etc. In short your idea is because a father had a very normal dream about his daughter and something happened to her it was a dream about the future, and I feel you would come to this conclusion regardless of what the event that happened to his daughter was, when it happened, and whether is was positive or negative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by hopefulLandlord: 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
Thank you Lightanddarkness

also to buttress your point further, how many times while young do we dream of pissing in the toilet only to wake up to a wet bed?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Dream 1. Your friend might have unconsciously felt his neck swelling up or felt pain around his neck. His brain took this and made it into a dream. Sometimes when I am sleeping and it gets cold I have dreams that involve feeling cold.

Dream 2: If he had a dream about the future how come he couldn't then prevent it? Does that make sense?

Dream 3: Pure coincidence, a simple dream about his daughter walking suddenly signifies death. Any number of dreams could signify the same thing like a dream where she actually died. In addition the dream itself could be about any number of things. His daughter walking, his daughter getting kidnapped etc. In short your idea is because a father had a very normal dream about his daughter and something happened to her it was a dream about the future, and I feel you would come to this conclusion regardless of what the event that happened to his daughter was, when it happened, and whether is was positive or negative

Pathetic excuse.
You are doing the same thing you accuse christains of, you are just guessing.

Like i said the Man had none of those forethoughts. secondly this type of dreams don't occur often but when they occur they come to past.
Re: Do Atheists Experience Nightmares by blueAgent(m): 7:27am On Aug 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:

It is obvious you are Naive. if you had experience of occultism or diabolism you would not be an atheists.

Am done with this argument ,I would not waste my time on some naive atheists till you growup and learn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Have The Highest Suicide Rates? / Bible Verses Speaking Against MouthAction / What Did Adam Gain From Eating Of The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good & Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.