Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose (19027 Views)

Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' / Buhari’s Visit To Taraba, Benue, An Afterthought, Says Fayose / Why Has President Buhari Not Spoken To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 3:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose has not spoken with President Muhammadu Buhari in the last two years.

Fayose, who has been critical of the President, especially on his state of health before election and after his inauguration, said he refused to speak with the President’s security chief to whom his calls to the Presidential Villa were diverted because he considered it an “insult”.

He also spoke on ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third term bid, how the late President Umaru Yar’Adua was picked as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in 2007, among other issues, in an interview published by The Interview magazine.

He said: “Well, we met twice or so during the Council of State meetings. There is nothing personal. I represent Ekiti State, he represents Nigeria. That is the basis of our interaction. Nothing personal.

Asked if he had said as much as ‘hello’ to the President, Fayose added: “No.”

“For me, during our meeting, whenever any issue arose and I felt I should make a contribution, I raised my hand and spoke. That is it.

“I remember I tried to call him several times before he took ill. Then, there was this day I called again and the switchboard told me that any call from me must be diverted to President Buhari’s Chief Security Officer (CSO). And I felt that was very insulting.

“The CSO to the President is an ordinary policeman, who I assume, is just a little over and above my own CSO. I am a governor, a governor of a state. I felt that was an insult to the people of Ekiti State I represent.

“Yes my calls to him (the President) were diverted twice to the CSO. I refused to talk to the CSO because I consider it insulting.”

On the aborted Third Term agenda of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, Fayose said bribed were offered.

He said while the principal officers of the National Assembly in 2006 got N100million each, the other lawmakers were given N50million each.

He alleged that the former President knelt down for the late Libyan leader Mouamar Ghaddaffi to seek his backing for Third Term.

He also said Obasanjo knew about the ill-health of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua before he was picked as PDP candidate.

Fayose said: “Yes it is true. The people I am going to mention here, two of the key players are now dead. That position of Presidential Selection Committee that I headed was set up by all PDP governors. Initially, they wanted Dr. Olusegun Agagu. Then, the majority insisted that they wanted Fayose. So, since the majority wanted me, Baba (Olusegun Obasanjo) invited me to Ota and encouraged me to go ahead. I remember the committee was made up of Governors Danjuma Goje, Ahmed Makarfi, Bukola Saraki, James lbori, me and one other person who I cannot remember now. I want to tell you that, at some point, the majority of the committee was more disposed to having Markafi as the presidential nominee. l and one other person were the only dissenters

“. So, as a loyal Obasanjo boy then, I went to Obasanjo and told that this committee that was set up, everybody seemed to prefer Markafi except me and one other person and we were in the minority.

“Five out of seven governors wanted Makarfi. Then Obasanjo pointedly told me that Markafi was too smart and would not be easily controlled by him and, therefore, I must ensure that Markafi did not emerge the presidential candidate. He mandated me to be briefing him often about the way things were going.

“He confided in me that whether it was Markafi or anybody that he was not prepared to leave. At that time, the Third Term agenda had begun to unfold in Abuja. I can tell you that l was co-opted into the secret committee that was behind it. In that body, we had had this senator from Plateau, Ibrahim Mantu, Senator Andy Uba and many others. We were the key players. Let me tell you the truth: at that time, I did not have a choice. l was just a young man without experience.

“…The senators started at about 11am in the morning and by 1 pm each senator was asked to stand up and say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ before live television coverage whether they supported Third Term or not, and the majority had their way. So Obasanjo’s dream of Third Term was shut down. Thereafter, he called a national meeting of PDP, termed reconciliation meeting and denied that he asked or worked for Third Term.

“Meanwhile, before that time, N50 million was given to every federal lawmaker to support Third Term. The majority collected the money and still voted against Third Term. Principal officers got N100 million each. Where did that huge sum of money come from?”

Fayose opened up on the politics behind the choice of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua as a presidential candidate of PDP.

He said the current Chairman of the PDP, Sen. Ahmed Makarfi was sidelined in favour of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

He added: “Let me now come to the Yar’Adua issue. Obasanjo now called me and said, ‘Now that Third Term has failed, you should go ahead with the PDP committee. And in order for me to check those rooting for Markafi, I should go and sound Yar’Adua out on the ticket. He told me, ‘Don’t tell him I asked you to come. You psyche him up’. So, l met Yar’Adua in his lodge in Katsina. I met Yar’Adua in the company of Yakubu Tanimu (who became his influential chief economic adviser) and his police orderly.

“I remember that while our interaction lasted, the orderly knelt down close to Yar’Adua. I acted as directed by Obasanjo, but the man told me expressly that he was not well enough to aspire to be Nigerian president; that the job would be too rigorous for him.

“After much persuasion, he then told me the only condition under which he might consider running was if all stakeholders would sign up and reach an agreement to pick him as the consensus candidate because he did not want any hassles.”

He said: “ I remember, before then, Yar’Adua was hardly attending Council of State meetings because of his health. So, l went to tell Baba what Yar’Adua told me. On the issue of Yar’Adua’s ill-health. I remember Obasanjo told me, ‘Don’t worry about his sickness; government money dey to manage his ill-health.’ Baba told me to go and put the outcome of my interaction with Yar’Adua in writing.

“Then Masari became the first loser; because, until then, Bello Masari as the Speaker of House of Reps was very loyal to Baba and did all the dirty jobs Baba wanted him to do, with the promise that he would be made the next Katsina governor after Yar’Adua. But once Yar’Adua became anointed as PDP candidate, he preferred Shema to be his successor. That was one of the conditions he listed. That was how a wedge came between Yar’Adua and Masari.

“That was the genesis of the rift between Shema and Masari up until today. Shema was then the deputy national chairman of PDP. That was how Masari defected to CPC. What I am trying to say is that Obasanjo engineered all the bitterness that exists in Katsina politics today.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-not-spoken-two-years-says-fayose/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 28, 2017
cry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by kn23h(m): 3:39am On Jul 28, 2017
cool
Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Ilajeboy(m): 3:42am On Jul 28, 2017
cry d two above me if u must deny me FTC atleast deny me with grace ehh

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 3:47am On Jul 28, 2017
lies everywhere. when will all this stop

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Luciferdevil(m): 4:48am On Jul 28, 2017
Remember the first year of the vegetable's administration, he had an ear infection. So he cant use a phone till Allah knows when. Fayose, the vegetable is dying nd cant even stand upright again cos of breeze blowing him away.
Pls lets leave the london old vegetable to think abt his life before he dies there.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by YourImaginaryBF: 5:13am On Jul 28, 2017
fayose is really useless

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
Remember the first year of the vegetable's administration, he had an ear infection. So he cant use a phone till Allah knows when. Fayose, the vegetable is dying nd cant even stand upright again cos of breeze blowing him away.
Pls lets leave the london old vegetable to think abt his life before he dies there.

So on all where is the opposition you're to be
I know opposition is when you criticize constructively for the development of our great nation

All I can see in your write up is sheer hatred and lack of focus

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Luciferdevil(m): 5:31am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

So on all where is the opposition you're to be
I know opposition is when you criticize constructively for the development of our great nation

All I can see in your write up is sheer hatred and lack of focus

Yea I knw nd I like it. I'm not a man of too many words, so ama say this one more time. Buhari sorry the vegetable has shedded enough innocent blood in his lifetime, now is the time to pay with his. I cant wait to punish him in hell cos he deserves worst from me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by ReubenE(m): 5:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Father attacking son, son attacking father....and the cycle continues.

All these is irrelevant to our country moving forward now so Fayose should grab a sit and think of how to deliver on his promises by raising the standard of living of his people.

Even God regretted some of his creations so we will leave OBJ to whoever that created him to deal with him.

......the OP should sleep often. Just my advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 5:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
Yea I knw nd I like it. I'm not a man of too many words, so ama say this one more time. Buhari sorry the vegetable has shedded enough innocent blood in his lifetime, now is the time to pay with his. I cant wait to punish him in hell cos he deserves worst from me.

Baba is close to eighty years of age

He has lived a purposefull life

A former governor, Minister, Head of state, Head of Ptf a General in Nigerian Army currently a president of the most populous Black nation in the whole wide world

So you are telling me your karma takes place in old age ?

Then that your karma is very good then

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by chimah3(m): 5:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Even those he spoke to, it has not bettered their lives....

So Oga, make e no pain you too much!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 5:57am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:
Even those he spoke to, it has not bettered their lives....

So Oga, make e no pain you too much!

Do you know that when baba returns back to the country Nnamdi is going back to the prison ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by chimah3(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

Do you know that when baba returns back to the country Nnamdi is going back to the prison ?

Did he tell you he is coming back?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 6:04am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

Did he tell you he is coming back?

Very soon

But what we are doing currently

I mean we the progressives is to get doctors without borders ready

We know a lot of bp of enemies of the state will be checked then and other ailments will show up when baba comes back

Due to the shock of his return

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Basic123: 6:08am On Jul 28, 2017
why will he speak to you?...somebody that if you have opportunity,you can kill him so that your 2015 prophecy of him dying while in aso rock will come to pass

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Raphtop(m): 6:10am On Jul 28, 2017
Ehya, that's really pathetic o. so you mean to say every of your calls in an attempt to speak with the president were always diverted.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by chimah3(m): 6:10am On Jul 28, 2017
sarrki:

Very soon

But what we are doing currently

I mean we the progressives is to get doctors without borders ready

We know a lot of bp of enemies of the state will be checked then and other ailments will show up when baba comes back

Due to the shock of his return

I feel you should shut up till then and allow us have a filled day till he returns!

While you seek a doctor to check you mental wellbeing.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 6:14am On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

I feel you should shut up till then and allow us have a filled day till he returns!

While you seek a doctor to check you mental wellbeing.

It seems you didn't get it

Only Nigerian's are allowed to comment

7 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Alexk2(m): 6:19am On Jul 28, 2017
Even after opening up on his many dirty political games, some youths will not still get sense. That is just a reflection of the nature of our politicians. Fayose is still in such buisness big time. Someome who can insult his mother for temporary political gain and play dirty with the president's health as if to say it is unconstitutional or a crime to fall sick. I fear his kind.
Btw., why complain of havent spoken with buhari in two years when all that it'll take is just to walk up to him after FEC meeting and air his view...though i dont know what buhari will want to talk to him about.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by dannytoe(m): 6:21am On Jul 28, 2017
You want speak to a ghost, abi
Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by pelumi111: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2017
I think he is saying the truth cos whenever Buhari is around he does not go for FEC meeting he do semd his deputy

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Wantedmiller: 6:28am On Jul 28, 2017
fayose stop complaining to us.........
every small thing you Don complain... nawa

7 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by DonVikings: 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
He hasn't spoken with the president in more than two years yet he knows more about the president than Aisha herself, and Potor Zooplanktons believe him. grin

9 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by juman(m): 6:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Ayo Fayose, the voice of the opposition.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by DonVikings: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
This one would definitely be eligible to sit at the ipob council of elders. grin

A mandatory requirement for induction into that council is that one must be a stark illiterate and very proficient in Potor Engrish. This yoot is overqualified for induction. grin

Here, receive some sprinkle of Igbo Christians wisdom. ..

15 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by ahamonyeka(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2017
What are you people going to talk?he does not talk to people like you that runs mouth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Luciferdevil(m): 6:52am On Jul 28, 2017
DonVikings:
This one would definitely be eligible to sit at the ipob council of elders. grin

A mandatory requirement for induction into that council is that one must me a stark illiterate and very proficient in Potor Engrish. This yoot is overqualified for induction. grin

Here, receive some sprinkle of Igbo Christians wisdom. ..
Cos of one mistake, thats why you spitting on me with that dirty mouth of yours? I dnt blame you, do you knw y? cos of you below my standard nd besides, I dnt respond to dirty yolobars.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by DonVikings: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Luciferdevil:
Cos of one mistake, thats why you spitting on me with that dirty mouth of yours? I dnt blame you, do you knw y? cos of you below my standard nd besides, I dnt respond to dirty yolobars.
I spit on you because I perceive a very strong odor of Jewish illiteracy whenever you pass close to me. grin

Go and take a bath! cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Agimor(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Buhari wouldn't talk to you so he won't get high-blood pressure. Ride on Fayose!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by Ibifizzleboy(m): 7:15am On Jul 28, 2017
time for calling by done pass na. now na visitation things
Re: Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose by chakula: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Must he speak with grin you? Learn to be respecting elders you will become more relevant in your land and the country at large.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Renaissance Forum Petitions PDP BoT Over Wike's Anti-Party Activities / Attempt To Kidnap Yar’Adua’s Daughter Thwarted By SSS / Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.