Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 AM

When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria (593 Views)

What Happened When Goodluck Jonathan Got To Mali On A Rescue Mission ( Video) / Buhari Speaks On Plot To Islamize Nigeria / USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria by seguntijan(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2017
In their half-clever attempt to shift blame over the mess they and Jonathan cooked and left, they wanted to pin it on PMB with lies and propaganda that he wants to Islamize the country, and now is this not a mockery on them when the Minister of Education is telling them that what they are shouting about was made by a “Good Christian”?
“‘Good Christian’ Jonathan approved controversial school curriculum”
~ Minister
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, on Thursday said the controversial basic curriculum amendment that raised dust in recent weeks because of its religious contents, was approved by former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Mr. Adamu, who said the furore generated was not necessary, said the former leader was “a good Christian and cannot participate in Islamizing Nigeria”.
Controversy recently erupted over the bundling of two key subjects, Islamic Religious Knowledge, IRK, and Christian Religious Knowledge, CRK, under one subject: Religion and National Values.
The minister made the statement at the ministerial session of the National Council on Education meeting in Kano on Thursday.
He said the curriculum was introduced in 2012 and was implemented in 2014.
“It is very absurd that anybody would think these officials wanted to Islamize Nigeria,” the minister said.
He said the minister in charge of basic education during the Jonathan administration was Nyesom Wike, now governor of Rivers State, while the chairman of the board of National Education Research and Development Council that approved the curriculum was Godswill Obioma, both Christians.

Premium Times, Thursday, July 27, 2017
Re: When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2017
...@op alias Segun Tijani,i can see you are already up in arms in defence of buhari...keep it up my dear YORUBA MUSLIM...

..I wont say more than this for now.

1 Like

Re: When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria by Blizzy9ja: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2017
If sense was sold in the matket i wud make i huge donation to help this OP get some sense... Ijust don't want to read dat crap because its just not going to make any sense

2 Likes

Re: When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria by Basic123: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2017
The deludeds will not agree with the OP.You can't not convince someone that is deluded with facts,he will choose to believe what will make him happy irrespective of authenticity.

1 Like

Re: When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Basic123:
The deludeds will not agree with the OP.You can't not convince someone that is deluded with facts,he will choose to believe what will make him happy irrespective of authenticity.

Absolutely correct.
Re: When Goodluck Jonathan Attempted To ‘islamize’ Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2017
I need a new name fr this lost mind.......

(1) (Reply)

The Most Fraudulent Organisation In The World / Joe Igbokwe Challenges Nnamdi Kanu To A Debate Live On Tv / Why Saraki Must Return Pension, Abuja House, By Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.