|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,757,775 members, 6,554,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 08:09 PM
Busola Dakolo And Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation: 5 Shocking Things / Tiwa Savage Makes History As First African Female Artiste To Sell Out Indigo / “Duncan Mighty Works Like He Is An Upcoming Artiste” – Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)
|5 Shocking Things You Never Knew About Your Favorite Female Artiste Tiwa Savage by edidiongmichael(m): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2017|
Modern entertainment comprises of different class of people doing all different kinds of things just to be noticed. It has been pushed to the extreme in a bait to salvage one’s drained pocket and almost soiled image. The music industry proves to be the worst at the moment.
Today, we pick on a personality in the music industry that has been on a spotlight for more than a decade yet, nothing extremely revealing is said about her until today.
Today, I’ll give you 5 shocking/revealing things you never knew about your favorite artiste Tiwa Savage and this is based on research.
1. HER SHOCKING BACKGROUND: Tiwatope Savage–Balogun popularly known by her stage name, Tiwa Savage was born on the 5th day of February 1980. The Nigerian songstress and a songwriter is originally from Lagos State. But she has stayed in US and UK the majority of her life. At 16, she was already a backup singer for the popular singer/entertainer George Michael. She happened to find herself already in the midst of music genius. This led her to build more on her vocal strength by singing for top Italian Classical/Jazz singer Andrea Bocelli, she also sang with Ms. Dynamite, Kelly Clarkson, Blu Cantrell and many others. Tiwa is a born musician.
I know many didn’t know this, she also belonged to a high school band were she usual play a trombone. On stage, she will conspicuously not been by the audience due to the big trombone shedding her from the audience. Then she vowed that one day, you’ll be seen on the spotlight while on stage. She gradually worked towards that until she found herself right on stage performing with high profile music stars like Sting, 50 Cent, The Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Robbie Williams, and Destiny’s Child etc.
After graduating from University of Kent with a distinctive results and bagging a degree in Business Adminstration, she got a job at the Royal Bank of Scotland. A job she later left to pursue her music career.
2. SHE WAS ONCE MARRIED BUT NOW DIVORCED: I remember vividly the popular interview vangaurdng did with Tiwa.
They asked her: Why did you say he (TeeBillz) took your shame away. Were you ashamed of being single? She answered: You know in Nigeria when a lady isn’t married and is just focused on her career, people think there’s something wrong with her. But he understood my journey. He was able to push me career–wise and encourage me. So, I just had to do a song for him. As every other lady, Tiwa fell inlove with her heartthrob Tunji Balogun popularly known as (Tee Billz). On 23 November 2013, the couple held their traditional marriage at the Ark in Lekki and they had their white wedding on 26 April 2014, at the Armani Hotel in Dubai. Few months later, they had son Jamil. Barely 3 years after marriage, the couple started having issues. TeeBillz through series of post on social media, blasted his wife Tiwa for being unfaithful. In return, Tiwa accused the husband for financial recklessness, drug addiction, and family abandonment. This was a big issue that caused them their marriage.
3. SHE SACKED HER MANAGER: Tiwa Savage was managed by her ex husband and father to her son Jamil TeeBillz. After the scramble on their marriage, Tiwa had to get a new manager. She said; “When I sacked him as my manager – I will never discredit or take away that TJ worked hard, hustled and believed in me. But what I will say is that at one point….he is booking events and he will book shows.
“The first time I found out that there was foul play was when he booked me for a wedding in London. I have to be paid before I perform. I called one of the organisers, and said I have not been paid. He said that the show has been paid four months ago, he showed me the account were they paid him. TJ declared that the show was for 3M but they really paid 4.5M, out of the 3M he was still receiving the management fee 40%.
He took money already, and collected his percentage, and he didn’t feel anything. He was stealing from his wife. I had to perform at the wedding for free. I do get to perform for free when he takes my money.”
After sacking TeeBillz, Tiwa got a new manager immediately.
4. TIWA’S SPIRITUAL LIFE: I know this will come as a surprised heading to few of us reading this. But Tiwa has been a very spiritual person. She’s a born again Christian that doesn’t joke with God. She said: “On July 16 2002… I gave my life to God. I had gone through a tough time trying to find myself. I went through heartbreak, and I remember crying so much through that time. I felt lost and didn’t know where I needed to be in this world. I know this sounds cliché, but I was praying one day and I literally felt the presence of God in the room with me. And, you know when you first give your life to Christ, you are a radical. So, then, I would preach to strangers on the train and say “Jesus sent me to you”. Sometimes I would give my entire one month paycheck to the church; they asked for only 10%, but I would give the entire 100%. People scoffed and said “She is new in the faith, just give her another year”. And for three years, I was not intimate with a man. I didn’t kiss or have sex. Every time I hug a man it would be from the side. A lot of people can relate to that because it has happened to a lot of us but the key is to be consistent.”
When argued on what most people might think, she really emphasized, “I am very spiritual. I do not joke with paying tithe or speaking with God. I may not always get to kneel down and pray but at some point in the car or wherever I am, I would have a conversation with God. I owe everything to him and I guess a lot of people don’t see that side.”
5. SHE’S THE MOST RICHEST FEMALE ARTISTE IN NIGERIA: Tiwa Savage’s hard work and consistency has paid off.
She has series of music contracts on her desk, different ambassadorial endorsement, the most sorted out for Nigerian female music artiste etc. The Marvin first lady is a true definition of success. She’s valued around $4.38M. That’s $0.18M richer than her nearest competitor, Yemi Alade.
|Re: 5 Shocking Things You Never Knew About Your Favorite Female Artiste Tiwa Savage by midehi2(f): 11:34am On Jul 28, 2017|
She is also humble to her fans, very humble to the call
|Re: 5 Shocking Things You Never Knew About Your Favorite Female Artiste Tiwa Savage by Came: 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2017|
Husband way go give wife dey thief from wife, all him support na make she for make money make he dey take am.... True love hard to find, people go come close if dem see say dem fit see something chop from person... Hmmmmmm!!!
Princess Diana’s Grave Is Empty! Family Fears Vandals / Mercy Johnson Takes Her First Daughter, Purity On Set Of A New Movie (photo) / I Still Love Rihanna – Chris Brown Finally Reveals The Cause Of Their Infamous 2
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70