Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study (3091 Views)

What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
This is my waec result
maths B2
english c4
physics B3
chemistry B3
biology B3
civic A1
animal husbandry A1
f.maths D7
agric C4
F.maths was the only subj dat put a dent in my result ,honestly i didnt hv a teacher until late ss2
i am really interested in computers and i initially opted for comp. Engr but sumone said i cant study any engineering course witout f.maths
so i am considering computer science .
Pls i need opinions
i also wrote neco and i know i will make f.maths
i am also open to other courses.
Thanks .
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Computer science can take you without f.maths.

1 Like

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by techiegr8: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hello,

My name is Mr. Techie and I am an education consultant.

You don't need Further Maths for studying engineering courses at universities or any school whatsoever. What you need are

English, Mathematics, physics chemistry and Biology.

Further Maths can only boost your points if any but not compulsory.

Follow my updates at www.followtechie..com

1 Like

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rorachy:
Computer science can take you without f.maths.
thanks alot
but is there any uni dat wud accept me for engineering witout f.maths
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
And also which is more profitable in Nigeria
comp. Sci or comp. engr
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
Uniben inclusive?
techiegr8:
Hello,

My name is Mr. Techie and I am an education consultant.

You don't need Further Maths for studying engineering courses at universities or any school whatsoever. What you need are

English, Mathematics, physics chemistry and Biology.

Further Maths can only boost your points if any but not compulsory.

Follow my updates at www.followtechie..com
thanks for the reply
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by charleff512(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nosainwe:
This is my waec result
maths B2
english c4
physics B3
chemistry B3
biology B3
civic A1
animal husbandry A1
f.maths D7
agric C4
F.maths was the only subj dat put a dent in my result ,honestly i didnt hv a teacher until late ss2
i am really interested in computers and i initially opted for comp. Engr but sumone said i cant study any engineering course witout f.maths
Pls i need opinions
Thanks .

You have a nice result!
Since your interest is Computer explore options of Saleable courses like Programming and ICT even if you may settle for Computer science look for schools that do it with options that will make you an employer and not employee when you graduate.
Best regards!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thanks
do u tink uniben is one of those schools
and do i need to obtain a diploma from an ict institution like NIIT to hv my ground as a computer scientist
charleff512:

You have a nice result!
Since your interest is Computer explore options of Saleable courses like Programming and ICT even if you may settle for Computer science look for schools that do it with options that will make you an employer and not employee when you graduate.
Best regards!
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nosainwe:
thanks alot
but is there any uni dat wud accept me for engineering witout f.maths
I'm not so sure about that.

1 Like

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by charleff512(m): 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
Before you write Jamb you can take a course at NIIT to help build a foundation due to the fact that most of what will be taught will be theory.
Besides,I am not conversant with the current jamb brochure you can get from those who have written and study to see schools offering your choice of course.I wish you well
Nosainwe:
Thanks
do u tink uniben is one of those schools
and do i need to obtain a diploma from an ict institution like NIIT to hv my ground as a computer scientist
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
I wud consider that sir,
thanks
charleff512:
Before you write Jamb you can take a course at NIIT to help build a foundation due to the fact that most of what will be taught will be theory.
Besides,I am not conversant with the current jamb brochure you can get from those who have written and study to see schools offering your choice of course.I wish you well
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Delphi(m): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
@Nosainwe, you don't need further maths to be eligible for an engineering course in a Nigerian university. It is not compulsory. The compulsory courses are English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. So proceed to study any engineering course of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
This was really helpfull tanx
Delphi:
@Nosainwe, you don't need further maths to be eligible for an engineering course in a Nigerian university. It is not compulsory. The compulsory courses are English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. So proceed to study any engineering course of your choice.
sorry for the questions
bt which is more profitable here in Nigeria
comp sci or comp engr
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Homeboiy: 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
people are saying u can study comp sc without maths

hmmm
ayam surprise oo
propbably unn I know may not take that

1 Like

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
grin cool
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by davbravo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nosainwe:
This is my waec result
maths B2
english c4
physics B3
chemistry B3
biology B3
civic A1
animal husbandry A1
f.maths D7
agric C4
Pls i need opinions
Thanks .
It depends on the school's admission requirement....for UNILAG, further maths is required for all engineering courses, mathematics, physics and even Computer Sciences.... But the result is okay for other Science or Medical related courses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
davbravo:

It depends on the school's admission requirement....for UNILAG, further maths is required for all engineering courses, mathematics, physics and even Computer Sciences.... But the result is okay for other Science or Medical related courses
okay
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Delphi(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nosainwe:
This was really helpfull tanxsorry for the questions
bt which is more profitable here in Nigeria
comp sci or comp engr

They are all good. Study any course, whether computer science, computer engrg or electrical engrg. Just make sure you do programming (on your own, can't actually get it in school). This is the direction of the world. Then any course becomes irrelevant but you become a hot cake. In the profitable/lucrative ventures, it is what you know and can do (programming) that matters and not what you studied. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 12:06am On Aug 01, 2017
Spacebooked
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by IsraelNicodemu: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nosainwe:
This is my waec result
maths B2
english c4
physics B3
chemistry B3
biology B3
civic A1
animal husbandry A1
f.maths D7
agric C4
Pls i need opinions
Thanks .

Medicine and surgery you can study that as well.
Re: Just Wrote Waec And I Need Advice On What Course To Study by Nosainwe(m): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
IsraelNicodemu:

Medicine and surgery you can study that as well.
wud consider that sir.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Oil Companies Aptitude Tests / Any Update On ASUU? / Errors In Reasoning That We Commit Everyday! (logic101)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.