Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage (23476 Views)

Islamic Rulings On Buying And Selling Akube/okirika Clothes / Islamic Rulings On Birth Control / Rulings On Abortion In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by jejetaiwo(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2017
I tire o. Dis person is jst using Islam to cover for his lack of knowledge nd exposure. Infact while making istiqarah, it's also advisable to make findings about the kinda person u are getting married to,of which genotype Is part of. How I wish u are a medical personal or u av jst one SS patient among ur children, then u'l knw aw painful VASO-OCCLUSIVE CRISIS is.
peterbello:

I am afraid your view is very myopic. It wasn't included because it wasn't known/an issue those days. Why don't you continue riding horses and camels now because cars werent stated in the Qur'an.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by braining01: 11:00am On Aug 04, 2017
tintingz:
This is reality son, people die of genetic diseases, your imaginary istikhara or prayer cannot do anything about it.

You can use your future children life for experiment, it is your life.

You goofed big time! How dare u say Rosulullah recommended invocation (ISTIKHARA) cannot change anything??. Methink the problems here is nothing but ''DISBELIEF" Istikhara is a prayer, which if done before taking a decision or venturing into any action, one would be guided.
"GUIDED" in actual sense that if that action will not be beneficial to you, Allah will replace it with something better/great.
i'm not saying prayer cud or cudn't change ur Genotype but my logic is this: If AS person(s) performs "Istikhara" upon getting married, Allah wud not give him/her what (s)he wudn't be able to manage. Do, Istikhara and allow things to happen according to God's plan in ur life.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by AlBaqir(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2017
Bimpe29:

Please what is Jabata/Abu Ibeji's ruling on genotype?

# That it is haram and should never be a condition for marriage. Interestingly, those troglodytes doesn't even believe there's any called sickle cell disease. They believe blood is blood. Likewise they don't believe in transmittable diseases. If you do, you have become a kafir, according to them.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Sterope(f): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2017
Isn't a guide from God if you decide to do genotype test after Istikhara?

Isn't it a guide from God if you choose to do it before Istikhara?

braining01:

You goofed big time! How dare u say Rosulullah recommended invocation (ISTIKHARA) cannot change anything??. Methink the problems here is nothing but ''DISBELIEF" Istikhara is a prayer, which if done before taking a decision or venturing into any action, one would be guided.
"GUIDED" in actual sense that if that action will not be beneficial to you, Allah will replace it with something better/great.
i'm not saying prayer cud or cudn't change ur Genotype but my logic is this: If AS person(s) performs "Istikhara" upon getting married, Allah wud not give him/her what (s)he wudn't be able to manage. Do, Istikhara and allow things to happen according to God's plan in ur life.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by tintingz(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2017
braining01:

If Istikhara works, Arabs won't have been the highest in genetic disorder in the world.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by braining01: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2017
What we failed to understand about this topic is the function of Istikhara. I'm not so lettered in Islamic knowledge but, i always make do of one Hadith, that says; Rosullullah once asked his companions: Was there anything that will take you to Jannah which i haven't told you? they replied NO. He asked again: was there something that will take you to hell which haven't told you? they replied NO, as well.

I go with Istikhara, then, i will have the authourity to tell Allah he choosed for me.

Another thing we failed to realise on this topic is, when u perform Istikhara on any issue, u wont have the cause to regret at all. Let's take Marriage for instance: As a brother, u performed Istikhara on a sister which u wud luv to take as wife, if getting married to her will be beneficial to u, it will naturally work out but, if it's gonna be of pains, regrets and sorrow, Allah will naturally deny you without you even feeling any iota of heartbreak.

Has advent of science stopped the birth of sickle cells? No! because people follow their hearts. Do Istikhara, and Allah will choose the best for u. Jazakallahu Khairan

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by AlBaqir(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2017
jejetaiwo:
I tire o. Dis person is jst using Islam to cover for his lack of knowledge nd exposure. Infact while making istiqarah, it's also advisable to make findings about the kinda person u are getting married to,of which genotype Is part of. How I wish u are a medical personal or u av jst one SS patient among ur children, then u'l knw aw painful VASO-OCCLUSIVE CRISIS is.

# Abi o. The guy is not only ignorant but also a core fanatic.

# In Islam, part of the prerequisite to spouse selection is knowing the family background of the person you want to marry. This entails everything. Imagine a family background with a known peculiar disease or culture.

# Then, to add to your point on Istikhara. Before you even use Istikhara as a means to decide on two confused things, you are expected to have used your God-given intellect, then followed by consultations. If after doing that sincerely, you still cannot decide, then you do Istikhara. Why is this? Many a times, we already have our mind stick to something. Unfortunately, Istikhara has been greatly abused today. No doubt, Allah is the best decider and letting Him decide for us is the best yet He wants us to use our Aql (intellect) and He even order us (in the Qur'an) to do consultations among ourselves on matters.

# And of course, Istikhara is not a guarantee that one will not face challenges in whatever it chooses for you. Ups and downs is a fixed destiny of every man and his activities. And that doesn't mean if you do not use Istikhara to decide your matters, it cannot be successful. What we need generally is continuous prayer, hard work and patience.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by braining01: 11:29am On Aug 04, 2017
tintingz:
If Istikhara works, Arabs won't have been the highest in genetic disorder in the world.

I guess i just messaged a non-muslim....i'm sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by braining01: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2017
Sterope:

I gave up on u, d moment u supported DADA (Dreadlocks) as a Muslima. I guess u jst saying and wud'nt wish ur children to appear in that manner to the public especially Serious Muslims gathering and not Discolatu... Thanks sis.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by AlBaqir(m): 11:43am On Aug 04, 2017
braining01:
What we failed to understand about this topic is the function of Istikhara. I'm not so lettered in Islamic knowledge but, i always make do of one Hadith, that says; Rosullullah once asked his companions: Was there anything that will take you to Jannah which i haven't told you? they replied NO. He asked again: was there something that will take you to hell which haven't told you? they relied NO, as well.

I go with Istikhara, then, i will have the authourity to tell Allah he choosed for me.

Another thing we failed to realise on this topic is, when u perform Istikhara on any issue, u wont have the cause to regret at all. Let's take Marriage for instance: As a brother, u performed Istikhara on a sister which u wud luv to take as wife, if getting married to her will be of beneficial to u, it will naturally work out but, if it's gonna be of pains, regrets and sorrow, Allah will naturally deny you without you even feeling any iota of heartbreak.

Has advent of science stopped the birth of sickle cells? No! because people follows their hearts. Do Istikhara, and Allah will choose the best for u. Jazakallahu Khairan

# Am afraid, Istikhara is not the main issue here. The main point centre around knowing the status (genotype etc) of the person you want to marry. So the question is do you believe in sickle cell anaemia disease? Unfortunately, OP doesn't.

# Another question: How do you know "yes" or "no" in the outcome of your Istikhara?

# Imagine, you do Istikhara first whether to marry a lady or not, and Istikhara says "Yes". Then, you realized the person is AS and you yourself is AS. Here, there is possibility you will give birth to an SS child(ren). Then, how many children do you wanna have? Allah might truly bless you that all your "two or three" children might end up being AA. And He might test you while SS is found among them. All in all, knowing the status of both of you to be AS, He has given you a bit knowledge of what to expect in the future. The choice is yours to decide.

# Sickle cell anaemia disease can be maintained but obviously its not an easy matter. On the other hands, there is now breakthrough in its cure but damn expensive.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by AlBaqir(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2017
Sterope:

Excellent sister. Excellent. The point is even "where does the knowledge of genotype comes from?" Who gave that knowledge to mankind?

# This is a guidance from God.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by papismalls: 11:50am On Aug 04, 2017
Some people will just come and start writing nonsense, how can you say genotype is against God's will? It is not the same God dat created life that create death, y did he create disease to cause death then? You don't even need any verse or Hadith to back it up its just a simple logic let the bingo of a guy go nd see the pain an SS patient is facing, ever since I seen one myself av made it a must for necessary test before any totori love

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by braining01: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Am afraid, Istikhara is not the main issue here. The main point centre around knowing the status (genotype etc) of the person you want to marry. So the question is do you believe in sickle cell anaemia disease? Unfortunately, OP doesn't.

# Another question: How do you know "yes" or "no" in the outcome of your Istikhara?

# Imagine, you do Istikhara first whether to marry a lady or not, and Istikhara says "Yes". Then, you realized the person is AS and you yourself is AS. Here, there is possibility you will give birth to an SS child(ren). Then, how many children do you wanna have? Allah might truly bless you that all your "two or three" children might end up being AA. And He might test you while SS is found among them. All in all, knowing the status of both of you to be AS, He has given you a bit knowledge of what to expect in the future. The choice is yours to decide.

# Sickle cell anaemia disease can be maintained but obviously its not an easy matter. On the other hands, there is now breakthrough in its cure but damn expensive.

I'm not so lettered to attend to all the questions u had raised. I know this one for sure, there is no Yes nor No wen u perform Istikhara. The outcome of Istikhara is what eventually happened. Thanks.

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Sterope(f): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
What is my business if you and some Muslims don't like Dada? It is your personal opinion, please don't drag Islam into this.

Dada is one's hair which means it is a natural hairstyle. You need to deal with the fact that not everyone shares your personal opinion.

braining01:

I gave up on u, d moment u supported DADA (Dreadlocks) as a Muslima. I guess u jst saying and wud'nt wish ur children to appear in that manner to the public especially Serious Muslims gathering and not Discolatu... Thanks sis.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by IbnHussein(m): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
AhluSunnah:
This genotype of an issue is already covered by istikhara... ONCE YOU DO ISTIKHARA, ALLAH BE GUIDE YOU THROUGH IT.. AA and AA can give to SS according to science, (its) there is no absolute surety that good blood can't give birth to sickler. . . RETURN TO ALLAH, SAFEGUARD YOURSELF WITH FEAR OF ALLAH not genotype n0r voodo

AA nd AA can give birth to SS...can u proof dis pls or share me d reference where u read dis
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by sod09(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
AhluSunnah:
This genotype AA,AS,SS of a thing is science prediction..that it can cause to have sickler child.. World Health Organization do tell that millions of people die of malaria infection yearly.. Now, the question am asking you genotype believer is that, is it the genotype result that has the control on its effect(sickler) or ALLAH? . . . Now tell me, is it the voodoo that baba alawo do that has potency of affecting you or ALLAH'S will?
what are you saying sef
can u hear yourself at all
i cant blame you, cos u av not experience wat its like to be a sickler
angry angry
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by sod09(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2017
IbnHussein:

AA nd AA can give birth to SS...can u proof dis pls or share me d reference where u read dis
the guy doesnt know wat he is saying
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by adedapoibraheem(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
Salam Alaekum waramotulahi wabarakatuhu!!!!!!! my thought on the subject matter is , this age since there is something called genotype and we know its gravity and pains the person with sickle cell goes through..... please brother and sister kindly observe it. because Our Lord Allah SWA did not say no to any kind of drug so far it is Haram!!!!? so the drug in this case is the test..... Please!!!!!! kindly do genotype before marriage the pain the victims go through is unbearable Walahi!!!! its very very good to have strong faith in Allah, but if we will not deceive ourselves, we Muslims of this century our faith is very very weak.......... we can't compare ourselves with the Saab al islam
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
This OP is better ignored. He is quite ignorant. Even his submissions here lack coherence.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by zamanii: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Abi o. The guy is not only ignorant but also a core fanatic.

# In Islam, part of the prerequisite to spouse selection is knowing the family background of the person you want to marry. This entails everything. Imagine a family background with a known peculiar disease or culture.

# Then, to add to your point on Istikhara. Before you even use Istikhara as a means to decide on two confused things, you are expected to have used your God-given intellect, then followed by consultations. If after doing that sincerely, you still cannot decide, then you do Istikhara. Why is this? Many a times, we already have our mind stick to something. Unfortunately, Istikhara has been greatly abused today. No doubt, Allah is the best decider and letting Him decide for us is the best yet He wants us to use our Aql (intellect) and He even order us (in the Qur'an) to do consultations among ourselves on matters.

# And of course, Istikhara is not a guarantee that one will not face challenges in whatever it chooses for you. Ups and downs is a fixed destiny of every man and his activities. And that doesn't mean if you do not use Istikhara to decide your matters, it cannot be successful. What we need generally is continuous prayer, hard work and patience.

You made a lot of sense bro... One of the conditions of marriage Islamically is that you find out about the family background of the person you intend to marry from. If in the course of the research they discover that the family has a disease that afflicts the family would those who don't believe in genotype go ahead with the marriage?

Times are changing and that is the fact. diseases that did not exist during the time of the Holy Prophet (SAW) are here either by our acts or omissions. We should not deliberately blind our eyes to emerging trends and times just because they did not exist during the time of the Prophet or not in the Holy Quran. After all we use cars as means of transportation which did not exist during the Prophet's time.

Allah knows best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by kennypedia(m): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
وان كان من أمر يعرف به حال صيحة زوجته كان مطلوب، أما أن تعرفها و تريد التزاوج و بالله التوفيق و الا فلا. seeking the genotype is part of knowing the health of the spouse if he finds out and wishes to marry so be it and if he doesn't no one should force him
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by DeathStroke007(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
It hurts me so much that so many people have destroyed their aqeedah by intentionally misunderstanding this topic. .what hurts m0st is that people put cure into the hands of science. . . . and AL BAQIR . . . . . .if its in sharia to curse a kafir, i would have so much love to curse you but its not allowed in islam. . YOU HAVE MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH YOUR SHITE AQEEAH. . gt
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by tintingz(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
braining01:
What we failed to understand about this topic is the function of Istikhara. I'm not so lettered in Islamic knowledge but, i always make do of one Hadith, that says; Rosullullah once asked his companions: Was there anything that will take you to Jannah which i haven't told you? they replied NO. He asked again: was there something that will take you to hell which haven't told you? they relied NO, as well.

Another thing we failed to realise on this topic is, when u perform Istikhara on any issue, u wont have the cause to regret at all. Let's take Marriage for instance: As a brother, u performed Istikhara on a sister which u wud luv to take as wife, if getting married to her will be of beneficial to u, it will naturally work out but, if it's gonna be of pains, regrets and sorrow, Allah will naturally deny you without you even feeling any iota of heartbreak.

Has advent of science stopped the birth of sickle cells? No! because people follows their hearts. Do Istikhara, and Allah will choose the best for u. Jazakallahu Khairan

Your last statement is dumb.

Sickle cell won't stop if the likes of OP and you keep doing imaginary prayer and not following science advice on genotype.

The OP said doing genotype test shouldn't be a condition for marriage, so if two couples didn't do genotype test to know if their children won't be SS how won't there be continuously of SS?

Africa and Asia are the most highest in birth of SS/sickle cell in the world, reason because many people are illiterates, some are religiously brainwashed not to follow scientific, medics advice.

Like they say ignorance is a diseases and it is indeed a diseases.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Almaheed: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
well am not to knowledgeable about the Quran but have stayed around Islamic scholars and leaders of different race and tribes...on this topic I would like to point out first that Islamic teaching is divided into two sphere one as a spiritual doctrine and the other as a political tool of a particular kind of people at a given time.

indeed most people tend to argue about the Qur'an and its teaching without taking cognisance of the two sphere they tend to override political sphere into the spiritual, and tend to bring conclusions out of hadith's that tend to soothe some particular kind of people at a given time.

with regard to the topic I think the op goofed a lot he made a mockery of the good book and showed is ignorance, at this given time and age as it was written in the Quran to always perform background check on the family of the person you intend to marry, which in modern time includes genotype. indeed there are Muslims who make other Muslims look bad, they are lost always fanatical with their ideology. but I appreciate the effort of other Muslims on this forum that tried to correct the op regarding is doctrine. we need more of this.

even the Saud's do genotype so why most we twist the Quran for egoistic reason, false claim of self esteem, calling others infidels because they do not agree with your ideology, I even saw a post when the op stereotyped someone using the ayatollah... its only Muslims that can fix Islamic extremism
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Isiterere(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2017
AhluSunnah:
This is exactly what alaro abdul majeed said. u a christian..u a kafir.u kn0w n0thing n0r want to listen to anything of islam. did ur parents do genotype? ur grand parents did? ur great grand parents did? my parents didnt.. and here we are. . .am n0t disputing the findings of gen0type n0r its use. . what am saying is about islam.marriage c0nditi0ns=beauty,m0ney, background(family) and islam.(ALLAH didnt put gen0type 0r any other disease test).and islam is c0mplete according to suratul maidah verse 3.marriage is ibaadah(act of w0rship) adding anything or removing anything fr0m its law=bida=disbelief in ALLAH.Only ALLAH hAS the right to make law as HE pleases in our deen and HE said his law on our deen is c0mplete and HE named our deen Islam. for one to make law into deen=DISBELIEF
On the family background explanation,(underline above ) does genotype enquiry not covered? if condition like insanity is covered ?

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by maasoap(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
inagbe1:
One can easily deduce why it is possible for this guy to have been indoctrinated. He is so dumb,ignorant, uncouth, rude and mannerless.He lacks proper Islamic knowledge and moral.I weep for the future of Islam.
You don't need to weep for the future of Islam because of just one or few ignorant Muslims, they're infinitesimal compared to the larger population of Muslims.
He's so ignorant and unyielding that I found him so irritating.
Knowing the genotype is not for the health of the couple but for the health of their children and their financial burden.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by maasoap(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
DeathStroke007:
It hurts me so much that so many people have destroyed their aqeedah by intentionally misunderstanding this topic. .what hurts m0st is that people put cure into the hands of science. . . . and AL BAQIR . . . . . .if its in sharia to curse a kafir, i would have so much love to curse you but its not allowed in islam. . YOU HAVE MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH YOUR SHITE AQEEAH. . gt
This topic is not about cure but using scientific knowledge to avoid the avoidable.
BTW: is scientific knowledge and application not from Allah. If you have appendicitis, wouldn't you like to go for the scientific cure?
What is so bad in scientific medicine that you guys hate so much? Hypocrites.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by maasoap(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
braining01:

Lol. These people are ignorant. Fanatism at its peak.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Antina(f): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
AhluSunnah:
Besides, who ask you people to be finding out about blood; rasul has wives and so do his sahabahs and they all have bloods like us... IF GENOTYPE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM FOR US, DO YOU THINK ALLAH WOULD LEAVE IT OUT OF CONDITIONS OF MARRIAGE?...

Yeye!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by Antina(f): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
AhluSunnah:
MR KAFIR. Your answer is in hadith(bukhari)5305. . abu hurairah. . . oh! less i forget, abu hurairah was declared kafir by your insane ayatollah. . U never believed in hadith of rasul or quran. . . i only do reply you because of people who are reading this... you do not worth to be talking with.. keferi oshi..d

So, someone that doesn't support your opinion is a Kafir?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by DeathStroke007(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
maasoap:

This topic is not about cure but using scientific knowledge to avoid the avoidable.
BTW: is scientific knowledge and application not from Allah. If you have appendicitis, wouldn't you like to go for the scientific cure?
What is so bad in scientific medicine that you guys hate so much? Hypocrites.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WR0NG. THE TOPIC ISNT ABOUT CURE,SICKNESS OR SCIENCE. its about islam and its principles. gen0type or any kind of test isnt in the c0nditi0n of marriage in which rasul explained in the hadith . ,adding gen0type in the c0nditi0n of marriage means that such pers0n REJECT THE HADITH AND HAS DISBELIEF IN RASUL ..ANYBODY DEFENDING GEN0TYPE AS A C0NDITI0N OF MARRIAGE HAS D0NE BIDA(make law into the deen). . .SUCH PERS0N IS A KAFIR. . . . .r
Re: Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage by DeathStroke007(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
ONLY A MUSLIM THAT FOLLOWS KITAB WA SUNNAH WILL UNDERSTAND THIS T0PIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ruling On Sharing Cartoons on Social Media / 28th & 29th July: Eidel Fitri Public Holidays / Du’as For Seeking Knowledge, And Taking Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.