Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church (32530 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? / Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

How many times do you think the nation of Israel has been dispersed into exile?

Once?
What is the nation of Israel? I really do not know how you define "NATION OF ISRAEL" any more than Nation of Negroes? How many times has the Nation of Negroes been dispersed into exile.?

The reality is the current nation of Israel is populated mostly by Europeans They are as Israeli as returnee blacks from Atlanta are Igbo or Yoruba and have as much knowledge of Christianity at returnee blacks have about African religion
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:

Whether the biblical Israel or the UN-created Israel of 1048, they are same people, same religion and same location.
Same people? What is the basis for this claim?Did you conduct any study?
Same location ? Again what is the basis for this ? Do you have a Survey drawing?

The reality is at the time of the ancient Israel they were the sae stock as Arabs and looked like Arabs even claiing the same ancestry
Those who returned with blonde hair and blue eyes CANNOT be the same people. That is a fiction which people like you are too lazy to think about?
Same religion? No The old religion wwas one where adulterers were stoned, Witches killed and so on even more strict than Islam.
Folk were required to make guilt offerings for every menstrual period,burnt offerings and lots more.

The folk there are no different fom what it would look like if the US decided to relocate some black people to Aba to day. They take the land by force and start claiing to be Igbo. Of course soe might be Igbo but wany will not.

The idea that any group of people remain unchangedfor 2000 years is a great fantasy
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by shadeyinka(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
What is the nation of Israel? I really do not know how you define "NATION OF ISRAEL" any more than Nation of Negroes? How many times has the Nation of Negroes been dispersed into exile.?

The reality is the current nation of Israel is populated mostly by Europeans They are as Israeli as returnee blacks from Atlanta are Igbo or Yoruba and have as much knowledge of Christianity at returnee blacks have about African religion

..difficult to understand you
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

Well my ideas are not for superficial minds that do not think for themselves or accept orthodoxy without challenge.
Jews and Arabs Historically were the same ethnic/racial stock.
Today most of those claimin to be Jews/Israeli are of European ancestry and look more like Europeans than Semitic.
One needs to reflect on the genetic commerce that took place over the past 3000 years .
Jews have been dispersed like most other peoples and mixed up a lot ,to come back after 3000 changes and say we are still the same is a great fiction especially when you consider they were never a high opulation nation to start with and they were dispersed across several countries
Imagine if Fulani came and told you the same kind of story that actually they were in Onitsha 2000 years ago first but were driven into exile and now have come back to claim their patrimony
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by shadeyinka(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Well my ideas are not for superficial minds that do not think for themselves or accept orthodoxy without challenge.
Jews and Arabs Historically were the same ethnic/racial stock.
Today most of those claimin to be Jews/Israeli are of European ancestry and look more like Europeans than Semitic.
One needs to reflect on the genetic commerce that took place over the past 3000 years .
Jews have been dispersed like most other peoples and mixed up a lot ,to come back after 3000 changes and say we are still the same is a great fiction especially when you consider they were never a high opulation nation to start with and they were dispersed across several countries
Imagine if Fulani came and told you the same kind of story that actually they were in Onitsha 2000 years ago first but were driven into exile and now have come back to claim their patrimony

Suppose the Fulani's were able to show you the archeological relics of there Gaa and showed you where they buried 100,000 cows during the mad cow epidemic that happened 2050 years ago in Onitsha. What will be your new argument?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by bentuzene(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
I personally have this question to ask most conservative die-hard critics to this content, what does covering the hair have to do with your salvation?

Does it guarantee your seat in Heaven?

Does it make you a better Christian?

Does it put the word of the Lord greater in the heart?

You see when I see people trying to fight God's battle on things that are spelt out in proper English I shake my head at Christians these days, those of you here calling the wrath of God on the OP, do remember our God doesn't hurt people.

Furthermore Read that passage properly, there is a proper distinction between the hair and the head, Common sense would tell you that a Woman's hair is for covering and beauty, if she cuts it, it becomes unusually odd but then she should cover it in the presence of God.

God gave us his Ten Commandments though and NO Critic in here dares point it out as a moral guide for Christians, (pointing fingers where it is convenient for themselves... Hypocrites It's these type that will say the Commandment has been done away with and that Christ abolished it. Where? Read the Bible properly and think the word through).

This topic is not one for major debate in Christianity as it has no value when placed side by side with Salvation (which is our main purpose for existence). I will advise Christians to learn from the OPs understand and apply kindly instead of Fighting God's war.

PS. Focus on your salvation and leave God to handle Grace with you.

It is not compulsory to cover the hair.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

Suppose the Fulani's were able to show you the archeological relics of there Gaa and showed you where they buried 100,000 cows during the mad cow epidemic that happened 2050 years ago in Onitsha. What will be your new argument?
I don't have an old argument so the question of a new one does not arise. I am happy to examine and debate evidence that lends itself to scientific scrutiny
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I don't have an old argument so the question of a new one does not arise. I am happy to examine and debate evidence that lends itself to scientific scrutiny.
Seriously if Fulani coe up with such evidence about Onitsha then the Onitsha people will say somthing like :

dat one don pass

Let us not derail we can discuss Fulanis and cows elsewhere. The issue is no one has presented evidence to back the claim that the the Europeans who returned in 1948 are Israelis fro 3000 years ago and it sounds as implausible as the Fulani cow story. Why? There simply is no evidence that a person from Europe who claims to be Jewish had any llink to Israel any more than Mike Tyson has to Chibok
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Same people? What is the basis for this claim?Did you conduct any study?
Same location ? Again what is the basis for this ? Do you have a Survey drawing?

The reality is at the time of the ancient Israel they were the sae stock as Arabs and looked like Arabs even claiing the same ancestry
Those who returned with blonde hair and blue eyes CANNOT be the same people. That is a fiction which people like you are too lazy to think about?
Same religion? No The old religion wwas one where adulterers were stoned, Witches killed and so on even more strict than Islam.
Folk were required to make guilt offerings for every menstrual period,burnt offerings and lots more.

The folk there are no different fom what it would look like if the US decided to relocate some black people to Aba to day. They take the land by force and start claiing to be Igbo. Of course soe might be Igbo but wany will not.

The idea that any group of people remain unchangedfor 2000 years is a great fantasy

So much charged emotions and you didn't even manage to make sense at the very end.

The only thing that you succeeded in putting forth is your mental anguish about Israel. Israel 1948 was made up of Jews in the present middle East and, of course, those in the diaspora that consist of European stock and even a tribe in Ethiopia! And yes same location! Most biblical sites are still in present-day Israel as tourist sites.

Whether the land was taken by force is not the subject or dispute of this thread. Rein in your fleeing emotions.

Jews practice Judaism and have always rejected Christianity even from the biblical era,: they crucified Christ! Judaism has also evolved as has Christianity.

And Jews claim they are igbos? Are your behavioural therapists using the internet to test the efficacy of their psychotherapy?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

The dude has isreal-mono-mania.

See how he successfully derailed the thread with his twisted perception!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:

So much charged emotions and you didn't even manage to make sense at the very end.

The only thing that you succeeded in putting forth is your mental anguish about Israel. Israel 1948 was made up of Jews in the present middle East and, of course, those in the diaspora that consist of European stock and even a tribe in Ethiopia! And yes same location! Most biblical sites are still in present-day Israel as tourist sites.

Whether the land was taken by force is not the subject or dispute of this thread. Rein in your fleeing emotions.

Jews practice Judaism and have always rejected Christianity even from the biblical era,: they crucified Christ! Judaism has also evolved as has Christianity.

And Jews claim they are igbos? Are your behavioural therapists using the internet to test the efficacy of their psychotherapy?
Why do you have to come to the internet to start insulting your epileptic mother? Why?

I am not one of those that you can use to practise speech. You better check very well because I no send you or your mother. Monkey!!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Why do you have to come to the internet to start insulting your epileptic mother? Why?

I am not one of those that you can use to practise speech. You better check very well because I no send you or your mother. Monkey!!
finally the brain-damaged emotional quack finally reveals his mental health is as volatile as the situation in the middle East!

Maybe the dirty floozy you call a mother was too poor to treat her staphylococcus that resulted in birthing an internet vagabond like you.

Attention-jockeying idiot!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by shadeyinka(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
The dude has isreal-mono-mania.

See how he successfully derailed the thread with his twisted perception!

He actually feel its normal smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by shadeyinka(m): 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
I don't have an old argument so the question of a new one does not arise. I am happy to examine and debate evidence that lends itself to scientific scrutiny.
Seriously if Fulani coe up with such evidence about Onitsha then the Onitsha people will say somthing like :

dat one don pass

Let us not derail we can discuss Fulanis and cows elsewhere. The issue is no one has presented evidence to back the claim that the the Europeans who returned in 1948 are Israelis fro 3000 years ago and it sounds as implausible as the Fulani cow story. Why? There simply is no evidence that a person from Europe who claims to be Jewish had any llink to Israel any more than Mike Tyson has to Chibok
OK, I see. Thanks for the information
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
finally the brain-damaged emotional quack finally reveals his mental health is as volatile as the situation in the middle East!

Maybe the dirty floozy you call a mother was too poor to treat very staphylococcus that resulted birthing an internet vagabond like you.

Attention-jockeying idiot!
Your mother's brain is damaged and she will die already brain dead. Bastard
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Your mother's brain is damaged and she will die already brain dead. Bastard
Hahahaha. Your mother shall bury all her children by her hands starting form you and she will prostitute to garner your mortuary expenses
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
Hahahaha. My mother shall bury all her children by her hands starting form me and she will prostitute to garner my mortuary expenses
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I smiled on reading your post. First things first
1. Will God answer the prayer of a woman who did not cover her head? YES
2. Can a woman do spiritual activities for the Lord with her head uncovered? YES
3. Is it a sin if a woman does not cover her hair in the church? NO! Except if it is due to rebellion

Now back to the scriptures:

Verse 5 defines what Paul meant by "Head"
Do you think it means that, a woman must not shave her hair (left with no covering) while prophesying?

If your answer is YES, do you think that is the meaning?
Because there is a contradiction to that within the same verse 5 which says "it is the same as having her head shaved."

What do you think about this?

Culturally, do you think that Jewish and Gentile women in the days of Paul were shaving their heads so that the church felt it was a kind of rebellion? Of course not?

It was a shameful thing for a woman to have her hair/head shaved. Why? Because in those days in the 'underground brotels' and among the gentiles prostitutes usually cut their hair to make a statement of "I am not under any mans authority... You can have me and no trouble will come out of it". That was why it was a shameful thing...for a married christian to cut her hair.

Whatever definition you arrive at in verse 5 should now be applied to verse 13 through 16.

The scriptures can only be understood in proper context. Paul was addressing the Corinthian Church (a mixture of Jews and Gentiles). It was most likely offensive to the church where some women were coming to church uncovered which to the Jews was a sigh of rebellion: not under the control of any man (Husband or Father). And this was causing disagreements (1&2 Corinthians were to settle such disagreements once and for all by a higher authority).

Verse 16 & 10 ends it with two important points
1. If any one want to argue against this, we(the Church) has no other TRADITION
2. Verse 10 says Because the ANGELS are watching.

So my dear, the only argument anyone can have is to say that it is a Jewish Tradition!

Unfortunately, if tithes is a Jewish tradition and we follow it, why not this one too.

To me, it is a church tradition like in our secondary school, we were compelled to put on white socks or those of us that use the neck tie or berets for girls. It is part of the UNIFORM. Does putting on all these increase our school performance? No! But, can we be disciplined for not putting it on? Yes.

So also head/hair covering. They do not add nor subtract from your spirituality.

Shalom

Any other questions?

Is it a sin for a Christian woman to shave her hair?

are you are Christian or Jew Sir?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:

thanks for tapping out and implicitly admitting you couldn't match that damning expletive. grin grin grin grin
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
thanks for tapping out and implicitly admitting you couldn't match that damning expletive. grin grin grin grin
No I don't match in the production of expletives that is the expertise of prostitutes and their offspring like you
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
No I don't match in the production of expletives that is the expertise of prostitutes and their offspring like you
but you did try-- twice. You even initiated parental jabs until you found out you were dealing with one whose mental boots none in your cursed lineage, made up of lounge-lizards and curb prostitutes are fit enough to lace!

I still think if your mother wasn't as cheap as a bottle of water, there's no way an unmotivated drunkard like your father ,who couldn't carry his own weight, could ever convince her to carry his seed.

After all, you're the living proof they both have inferior DNA less evolved than that of a tree-hoping chimpanzee!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
but you did try-- twice. You even initiated parental jabs until you found out you were dealing with one whose mental boots none in your cursed lineage, made up of lounge-lizards and curb prostitutes are fit enough to lace!

I still think if your mother wasn't as cheap as a bottle of water, there's no way an unmotivated drunkard like your father ,who couldn't carry his own weight, could ever convince her to carry his seed.

After all, you're the living proof they both have inferior DNA less evolved than that of a tree-hoping chimpanzee!
Omo Mummy ! what is this long epistle? I say go and bury your epileptic mother?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Omo Mummy ! what is this long epistle? I say go and bury your epileptic mother?
As if the earth will accept for burial the cheap prostitute who birthed you.

Your mother's pussy will rot faster that other parts of her corpse due to the assorted mixture of alcohol-laden sperm that serviced her.

After all, her life is still in deficit having birthed a failure like you.

Unadulterated swine!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
As if the earth will accept for burial the cheap prostitute who birthed you.

Your mother's pussy will rot faster that other parts of her corpse due to the assorted mixture of alcohol-laden sperm that serviced her.

After all, her life is still in deficit having birthed a failure like you.

Unadulterated swine!
Omo Mummy your rhymes are so juvenile, Wannabe tough guy . Go and bury the biitch
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Omo Mummy your rhymes are so juvenile, Wannabe tough guy . Go and bury the biitch
juvenile? But they stung you hard enough to make you haul them back at me because you lack the mental improvisation to come up with something original!

I still think your mother was dumb and desperate enough to pay her own bride price out of her prostitution yields and anal bonuses. After all, of what value could she be to any decent man, when even your deadbeat father married her as the line of least resistance.

Internet vagabond!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
juvenile? But they stung you hard enough to make you haul them back at me because you lack the mental improvisation to come up with something original!

I still think your mother was dumb and desperate enough to pay her own bride price out of her prostitution yields and anal bonuses. After all, of what value could she be to any decent man, when even your deadbeat father married her as the line of least resistance.

Internet vagabond!
Story teller go and tell yer epileptic mother som
e bedtime story, you are boring and dry
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Story teller go and tell yer epileptic mother som
e bedtime story, you are boring and dry
pathetic son of a curb prostitute. What are you waiting for to type something different? Until your mother eventually changes her roach-bitten panties?
grin
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
Does it take all of eternity for this brain-dead aribisala0 to type same thing he's being typing since the past 4 posts?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
Fearlez:
Does it take all of eternity for my epileptic mother tto die?

Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by edkai: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good evening nairalanders...please pardon me everyone for posting this here. I need a favour from you guys.Please help me provide some support for one of my protégés. Her name is Ayeni Olohije and she is contesting for a scholarship position at The Royal Arts Academy to study as a movie director courtesy Emem Isong. Please she needs your vote. Help her take a step closer to reaching her dreams. As her teacher, I can boldly vouch for her. Today is the last day of voting. This is very urgent She won't disappoint if given this opportunity. 
Thank you in advance for your support and may God favour you in your time of need.
Here's her link. Just follow and click vote. You may also drop a comment below her profile if you are led to.
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
aribisala0:
*my mother*
I was under the impulse to mirror your cowardice but it the truth struck me.

See, when you edit my post and type those words, you actually say my (your) mother, which makes you heaping and doubling more cusses on the dumb h00ker you call your mother grin

I quoted you and was about editing your post saying "my mother"...and I realised fixing your moniker to it doesn't change anything because it isn't your words not mine.

See how dumb you are? Your analphabetism must be genetically handed down from your cóck-swapping mother who was too dumb to calculate her monthly cycle. grin
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by shadeyinka(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

are you are Christian or Jew Sir?

I am not a Jew!
But you also,

Do you pay tithes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: God Swore To Make Me Rich Because I Gave Him Car Many Years Ago / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / "62-Year-Old Lady Gives Birth After 7 Years Of Pregnancy" - Facebook User Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.