Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,042 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? (22526 Views)

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job / White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by phayvoursky(m): 8:14am On Jul 30, 2017
Goodday NLanders,

I really don't know to place this but I hope you'll get my point.

I and a friend had this lenghty discussion recently on the paths of our careers. Many ideas kept coming up in the course of our discussion.

I noticed all my friend was throwing at me was govt job and govt job. He talked on how secured and less busy govt workers at work cause he has a sister and his Dad who currently works and got retired in the same parastatal. Also talked about the benefits that follows after retirement and the ample time you have to control your private business (which i disagree on). He threw many juicy benefits about govt job and I began to give it a thought.

Now to me; I am a very business savvy guy. Nothing thrills me more than seeing a successful business man/woman or hearing a great business idea. I see youths and individuals into business doing exploits and they have all the time to their selves, call the shots and are not mentally lazy.

I picked a point from him where he said govt employees can control their business and still be in the govt system with other benefits.

I am seeking advise on this so that i know which is best

Thanks.

pls do the needful

3 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by dingbang(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2017
Is the President richer than Dangote?

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by izzou(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2017
Osun state is owing their doctors almost 22 months salaries

Benue, Bayelsa and the rest are owing too. Hope you know they are government workers too?

The only secure job is the one that you can employ yourself, give your self compulsory leave, pay yourself, decide to come late or close early, etc

The only secure job is the one that you call the shots

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by phayvoursky(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2017
dingbang:
Is the President richer than Dangote?

You never can tell. Take the former Petroleum boss as an instance.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by phayvoursky(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2017
izzou:

Benue, Bayelsa and the rest are owing too. Hope you know they are government workers too?

The only secure job is the one that you can employ yourself, give your self compulsory leave, pay yourself, decide to come late or close early, etc

You are spot on.

6 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by KellyBethy(f): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2017
phayvoursky:
Goodday NLanders,

I and a friend had this lenghty discussion recently on the paths of our careers. Many ideas kept coming up in the course of our discussion.

I noticed all my friend was throwing at me was govt job and govt job. He talked on how secured and less busy govt workers at work cause he has a sister and his Dad who currently works and got retired in the same parastatal. Also talked about the benefits that follows after retirement and the ample time you have to control your private business (which i disagree on). He threw many juicy benefits about govt job and I began to give it a thought.

Now to me; I am a very business savvy guy. Nothing thrills me more than seeing a successful business man/woman or hearing a great business idea. I see youths and individuals into business doing exploits and they have all the time to their selves, call the shots and are not mentally lazy.

I picked a point from him where he said govt employees can control their business and still be in the govt system with other benefits.

Thanks.

cc: lalasticlala, puskin

pls do the needful

I'm always happy to hear people with business mindset talk. A job makes you a slave, a business empowers you. Your children can't inherit your job but they can inherit your business. What joy do you derive from building some else's dream and forgetting your own dreams. You get paid N10,000 000 for 35 years of service when business people can make this amount in one or two years. Your one month salary as an employee is what someone makes in a a day. If you know you're tired of carrying that brown envelope only to be told "we'll get back to you" and no one ever gets back to you, if you know you are tired of earning a chicken change, or you already have a business and wish to build more, leave your contact. We'll offer you a business opportunity that is indispensable not job. I worked for 12 years of my life with nothing to show for it before I embraced this opportunity that has made a difference in my life in just a short time.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by KayDEAN(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
Z
KellyBethy:

I'm always happy to hear people with business mindset talk. A job makes you a slave, a business empowers you. Your children can't inherit your job but they can inherit your business. What joy do you derive from building some else's dream and forgetting your own dreams. You get paid N10,000 000 for 35 years of service when business people can make this amount in one or two years. Your one month salary as an employee is what someone makes in a a day. If you know you're tired of carrying that brown envelope only to be told "we'll get back to you" and no one ever gets back to you, if you know you are tired of earning a chicken change, or you already have a business and wish to build more, leave your contact. We'll offer you a business opportunity that is indispensable not job. I worked for 12 years of my life with nothing to show for it before I embraced this opportunity that has made a difference in my life in just a short time.
U GET SWEET MOUTH, I will give you that

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by NwaNimo1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
Depends on the looting capacity AND/OR salary,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by ogorwyne(f): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
Private business. But sha, private businesses are in levels o. If it's not the type with prospects then govt job is better off o.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by theophorus(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2017

Do you know how many Businesses failed after 10years...

Think about your Pensions and Gratuity...
Think about the Process of Completing Contracts.
Think about the "Entrepreneurial responsibility"
Think about it and Pray because...Hmmm.

My Boss Father was one of the Nigeria Elite in the 70's. Now my Boss is worried and said if .... had known ... would have settle for Public service even if ... allowance was more that the Annual salary of public servant.

Old now but there is no Pension.

5 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by EnEnPeecee: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
THE HIGHEST PAID shocked shocked
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by gentlechyke(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
P

Will make a comment when I'm done reading 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad'

3 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by enemyofprogress: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Na government job o, especially if you're fortunate to be where shua shua dey, na to dey take pen steal money sweet pass.

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by oleyolu647(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
In my opinion, government job is better

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Modsenemy(f): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Government job .
The pay might not be higher than the private job , but the time to run a personal business will be there .

Government job has job security unlike the private that can sack u at anytime or liquidate .

Ur salary is bound to increase in government job , but in private establishments , it depends o. Just be praying God touches ur boss' heart

It was after typing dis epistle that I read the topic again grin

6 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by rozayx5(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
You can handle both

Some govt jobs give a lot of free time to do business while some dont

Also note business has levels. If your business. Cannot handle your cost of living then a good govt job can

cool

4 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by NaoSlay: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
OK then. OP , you might be right on the issue between the two teams but I know Barcelona don't deserve the international champions cup.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by 0b100100111: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
If multinationals fall under private, then private is the best.

But if you re excluding multinationals, please opt for government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by NaoSlay: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
NwaNimo1:
Depends on the looting capacity AND/OR salary,

grin grin
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Slai1: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
It depends, because it is highly relative.

In short, the one God leads you to take will be better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Both.

With wisdom.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by LOVEGINO(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Business/Handwork rocks!
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by GoHost: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
The govt job is a good deal for most.

However, private job/personal business is a VERY GOOD THING, but only when its successful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by MadCow1: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Stupid question..

A personal successful business is second to nothing.

A Government job is for mentally lazy people who want a job where are guaranteed they will never get fired (thanks to the unions) and where when they retire, they will keep enjoying a meagre pension.

Sadly those people die pretty frustrated and with nothing to leave their next of kin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
The two is good.

Most especially if you own that business.

And if it's a federal government job.

1 Like

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by enemyofprogress: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
izzou:

that is why I am into kidnapping.

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Factfinder1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
Be your own boss and brake away from the chain called salary
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by fbtowner(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
A lot of people are afraid of doing business. You can't blame them. They are not risk takers

At a point I tell myself I will never live a life where my children would put me on a pay check when I get old.

A lot of people are scared of tomorrow. The tomorrow they don't know. Therefore the government job that promise to pay you till you die is way go

One thing I hate so much about salary work is the fact that I already know how much is coming in this month.

To me its boring

As a business man you have very high chance of increasing you income as any time.

And if your friend is thinking about looting then I don't have any word for him or her

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by free2ryhme: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
phayvoursky:
Goodday NLanders,

Thanks.

pls do the needful

you dont need our advise choose anyone of your choice

when you applied you no didnot ask us which to apply for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Job Is Ruining My Family / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.