Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? (22531 Views)

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job / White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? / Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
fbtowner:
A lot of people are afraid of doing business. You can't blame them. They are not risk takers

Business.... But get a mentor
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by BabaCommander: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thread for those who can't find a job.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by chukzyfcbb: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yes some govt jobs will give you loads of free time, and there is benefit of pension after years of commitment, however business is King.

Being an Enterpreneur is not easy, don't let this guys sweet talk you because they sell China bags or they sell t shirts, bro bizness is Tough!
statistics have it that most business don't make it to 5yrs. That's the max time given to any bisneess before u can claim pro!. But then being an enterorenur has numerous benefits ,from having your own timing to controlling your funds etc.

Be sure its something you can handle because not everybody is business inclined, you can still be an employee and be stinking rich through investments from salary. # Be wise

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Private estalblishd business
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by free2ryhme: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
efremzeey:
A year old TVs tricycle Keke for sale, interested buyer contact for more information.
Price: 250,000

... and you only display the windshield

undecided
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by pawesome(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Government work...no stress n no risk
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by toyinpin: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
KellyBethy:

I'm always happy to hear people with business mindset talk. A job makes you a slave, a business empowers you. Your children can't inherit your job but they can inherit your business. What joy do you derive from building some else's dream and forgetting your own dreams. You get paid N10,000 000 for 35 years of service when business people can make this amount in one or two years. Your one month salary as an employee is what someone makes in a a day. If you know you're tired of carrying that brown envelope only to be told "we'll get back to you" and no one ever gets back to you, if you know you are tired of earning a chicken change, or you already have a business and wish to build more, leave your contact. We'll offer you a business opportunity that is indispensable not job. I worked for 12 years of my life with nothing to show for it before I embraced this opportunity that has made a difference in my life in just a short time.
. Would like to hear you out.My phone and whatsap number is 07065342360
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Godfullsam(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
KellyBethy:

I'm always happy to hear people with business mindset talk. A job makes you a slave, a business empowers you. Your children can't inherit your job but they can inherit your business. What joy do you derive from building some else's dream and forgetting your own dreams. You get paid N10,000 000 for 35 years of service when business people can make this amount in one or two years. Your one month salary as an employee is what someone makes in a a day. If you know you're tired of carrying that brown envelope only to be told "we'll get back to you" and no one ever gets back to you, if you know you are tired of earning a chicken change, or you already have a business and wish to build more, leave your contact. We'll offer you a business opportunity that is indispensable not job. I worked for 12 years of my life with nothing to show for it before I embraced this opportunity that has made a difference in my life in just a short time.

abiodunsamuel025@gmail.com
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Pinkieblue(f): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
People have failed to understand that everyone is not cut out to be successful in every area.... Find what u are good at and what makes you happy. No matter how hard you try not everyone will be successful in business and also no matter how hard u try not everyone can work for the government or work under someone....
Another example.... Some people are good at marketing while some others are not

My point is there is no need for comparison because you must go for the one that makes u happy and the one u are sure u will succeed

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by LockDown69(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Both
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by michaelfriday44(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
do u want to have a smooth life without fear.
get a job and do ur business that is d best option.
if u don't have time for ur business employ workers . if later ur business become so big leave ur job and face ur business.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Onliie(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
they are not mutually exclusive
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by eniorisha(m): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
@Kellybetty, Whatsap: 08182896938
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Ndifreke12(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
Doing business is not easy, especially in a clime as ours. There are certain qualities you must possess to be successful.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by AlphaT1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
KellyBethy:

There are govt jobs and there are GOVT JOBS. So it depends on which govt job you are talking about. There are some federal govt employees who earn up to 9million (entry level) and by the time they get to mid career level they own series of businesses here and there and at retirement they still 'rake' home more than 150mil as benefits, one month pre-retirement vacation overseas, an official car, one or two domestic staff, meanwhile their RSA (retirement savings account) is somewhere in a PFA (pension fund administrator) chilling with more dan 30mil.
Do you have idea of the cost of a mini vessel (a small ship)? Some govt workers are legitimate owners of big ships, not mini ships! Ask any importer or ship owner the cost of hiring a ship per day....
Well, let me stop here!

1 Like

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Master19: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
You can be working for the government while minding your own business.

Some will say it will be stressful but I tell you "nothing good comes easy" and "thoughts become things" so think well.

That's my 1 kobo advice
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Wolinx(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
dingbang:
Is the President richer than Dangote?
Help Me Ask Him O
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by fufuNegusi(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
KellyBethy:

Can we get to meet and talk?
As per the business stuff
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by ApBlaze10: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
My friend it depends on what you were really brought to this planet to do. It also depends on your creativity and opportunities you create and take. it depends on your attitude toward money....the list goes on and on but the real thing is DISCOVERY OF PURPOSE

Discovery of Purpose brings #Conviction
Conviction gives you a sense of #Relevance
Relevance gives you #Vision
Vision drives your #Passion
and passion when it is finished brings fort #Satisfaction.

Dear you are not the same with your friend. He may be feeling to be an employee to a government - that is his own calling and nothing else satisfies him like seeing a government worker just like nothing else satisfies you like being a businessman and seeing fellow businessmen. Follow your heart's desire and leading provided it will bring you Peace, Joy, Satisfaction and make God happy.

God bless you.
Alloh PAul

1 Like

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
theophorus:

Do you know how many Businesses failed after 10years...

Think about your Pensions and Gratuity...
Think about the Process of Completing Contracts.
Think about the "Entrepreneurial responsibility"
Think about it and Pray because...Hmmm.

My Boss Father was one of the Nigeria Elite in the 70's. Now my Boss is worried and said if .... had known ... would have settle for Public service even if ... allowance was more that the Annual salary of public servant.

Old now but there is no Pension.
That's why you need a business plan when you want to establish a business. The plan needs to cover financial growth and expansion.

Are you tired of being scammed by mechanics.

Are you tired of being ripped off by traders. Don't cry anymore because chi spare parts is here for you.

We deliver quality spare parts to you where ever you live in Nigeria . No matter how remote your area is chi spare parts will deliver.

Do not hesitate to give us a call today on +2348121069256

Chi spare parts quality parts for your car's wherever you are

Terms and conditions apply
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Chuknovski(m): 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
KellyBethy:

please share with me your new found goldmine
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
If you look at the life of the average-educated, hard-working person, there is a similar path. The child is born and goes to school. The proud parents are excited because the child excels, gets fair to good grades, and is accepted into a college. The child graduates, maybe goes on to graduate school and then does exactly as programmed: looks for a safe, secure job or career. The child finds that job, maybe as a doctor or a lawyer, or joins the Army or works for the government. Generally, the child begins to make money, credit cards start to arrive in mass, and the shopping begins, if it already hasn't. "Having money to burn, the child goes to places where other young people just like them hang out, and they meet people, they date, and sometimes they get married. Life is wonderful now, because today, both men and women work. Two incomes are bliss. They feel successful, their future is bright, and they decide to buy a house, a car, a television, take vacations and have children. The happy bundle arrives. The demand for cash is enormous. The happy couple decides that their careers are vitally important and begin to work harder, seeking promotions and raises. The raises come, and so does another child and the need for a bigger house. They work harder, become better employees, even more dedicated. They go back to school to get more specialized skills so they can earn more money. Maybe they take a second job. Their incomes go up, but so does the tax bracket they're in and the real estate taxes on their new large home, and their Social Security taxes, and all the other taxes. They get their large paycheck and wonder where all the money went. They buy some mutual funds and buy groceries with their credit card. The children reach 5 or 6 years of age, and the need to save for college increases as well as the need to save for their retirement. . "That happy couple, born 35 years ago, is now trapped in the Rat Race for the rest of their working days. They work for the owners of their company, for the government paying taxes, and for the bank paying off a mortgage and credit cards. “Then, they advise their own children to `study hard, get good grades, and find a safe job or career.' They learn nothing about money, except from those who profit from their naïveté, and work hard all their lives. The process repeats into another hard-working generation. This is the `Rat Race'.” The only way to get out of the “Rat Race” is to prove your proficiency. my dear work for yourself,pay yourself,account for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Idango(m): 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
The only thing that used to be the advantage that government job had was pension. That was before the pension act of 2004. In fact with the new pension act , private companies employees are better off because most state government and federal government parastatals don't remit their contribution. Under the pension act a small private company can also deduct and make contribution unbehalf of its management and staff.

So the advantage that government job had has gone with the wind.

2 Likes

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by ApBlaze10: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
AlphaT1:

There are govt jobs and there are GOVT JOBS. So it depends on which govt job you are talking about. There are some federal govt employees who earn up to 9million (entry level) and by the time they get to mid career level they own series of businesses here and there and at retirement they still 'rake' home more than 150mil as benefits, one month pre-retirement vacation overseas, an official car, one or two domestic staff, meanwhile their RSA (retirement savings account) is somewhere in a PFA (pension fund administrator) chilling with more dan 30mil.
Do you have idea of the cost of a mini vessel (a small ship)? Some govt workers are legitimate owners of big ships, not mini ships! Ask any importer or ship owner the cost of hiring a ship per day....
Well, let me stop here!

Hello friend. But such jobs are for high people. You can hardly find them. those jobs has to do with a lot of bribery before you get em.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by butanep(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
KellyBethy:

wow... I am impressed. I am really inspired. please can I pm you so we can discuss.
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by wayisshut: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Please we should take the type of government job into consideration.

I have a friend that works in INEC , he doesn't go to work except during elections , at the end of the month he is paid his salary which is Constant. His pension is also by the way side growing monthly. He is into business he make money like mad from his business sometimes he makes an average of a million naira per month.

So what are we not saying. A government job that gives you time is the best

1 Like

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by AlphaT1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
ApBlaze10:

Hello friend. But such jobs are for high people. You can hardly find them. those jobs has to do with a lot of bribery before you get em.
You are correct though one could be favoured (by divine design).
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by tropaz(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
Modsenemy:
Government job .
The pay might not be higher than the private job , but the time to run a personal business will be there .

Government job has job security unlike the private that can sack u at anytime or liquidate .

Ur salary is bound to increase in government job , but in private establishments , it depends o. Just be praying God touches ur boss' heart

Your brain is garri filled....
Na people like u go get F for exam, dey claim "tHe lecturer marked mebdown!!!"
Simple read, u can't read to understand....
Slay mama empty brain oshi...
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by AJCs(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
We have different cadres in govt works that are either poor or rich. Some are poor cos d pay pay isn't enough to cater for 3 basic needs again and they can't do biz while others are rich despite of poor salary but they are either corrupt in their respective places of work or doing extra biz outside job.
However, some cadres can't do outside work bw 8am & 4pm cos of the nature of their job, and they can't absent as their services are sensitive to d smooth running of d organizations despite of poor or low salary. Should we say such staff should continue working till retirement age or period?
The issue is, both govt works and personal biz are okay depending on the income and revenue respectively. But if ur salary is extremely poor to take care of ur needs, find something else to add to it. If ur work doesn't afford u d time to do so, and the personal biz u intend to do worth more than ur paid job after due consultations, pls quit d job and face reality.
I have most seniors colleagues (they are lecturers and consultants) at work that their monthly salary are more than 500k, yet they do outside works and av investments. Without outside works, they wouldn't be able to do some basic and more pressing issues.
I think both are okay but ur further findings shall help greatly in types of govt works, their salary pay, working conditions, personal biz, their demand locally & internationally, costs analysis; revenue and expenditure, associated govt economic and monetary policies and d likes.
I drop my pen for now ..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by Pinkieblue(f): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Yes some govt jobs will give you loads of free time, and there is benefit of pension after years of commitment, however business is King.

Being an Enterpreneur is not easy, don't let this guys sweet talk you because they sell China bags or they sell t shirts, bro bizness is Tough!
statistics have it that most business don't make it to 5yrs. That's the max time given to any bisneess before u can claim pro!. But then being an enterorenur has numerous benefits ,from having your own timing to controlling your funds etc.

Be sure its something you can handle because not everybody is business inclined, you can still be an employee and be stinking rich through investments from salary. # Be wise

When people understand this, they'll stop the comparison
Re: Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? by steve13(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
theophorus:

Do you know how many Businesses failed after 10years...

Think about your Pensions and Gratuity...
Think about the Process of Completing Contracts.
Think about the "Entrepreneurial responsibility"
Think about it and Pray because...Hmmm.

Chai, you said this? So if the business is failing you will just be watching it, haba you prefer pension ? This is the worst thing I have seen this year

My Boss Father was one of the Nigeria Elite in the 70's. Now my Boss is worried and said if .... had known ... would have settle for Public service even if ... allowance was more that the Annual salary of public servant.

Old now but there is no Pension.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Job Is Ruining My Family / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.