Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,147 members, 7,780,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader (1007 Views)

Ilorin Emirate: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Trailing Comments, Slams Saraki / 2019: APC Slams Saraki With 9 Top Corruption Allegations / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Saraki, Dogara Over 2018 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader by suasmablow(m): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2017
A factional Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Kwara State , Iyiola Oyedepo has lambasted Nigeria's Senate President, Dr.Bukola Saraki referring to Him as 'never a Democrat'. Oyedepo who stated this in a recent interview also accused Sen.Saraki of sponsoring the crises rocking the Kwara State Chapter of the PDP.
"I believe the APC has its hands in all these things. They will do it for two reasons: Firstly , they are uncomfortable with me, as a person , as the leader of PDP in Kwara State because when I became the leader of this party, specifically two years ago , after we had lost election , we made our party extremely vibrant and we are so critical of the government of Kwara State . They are not enjoying our incisive comments on their policies, whether in the print media, electronic or social media. They do not want a very powerful opposition to themselves here .
Secondly, I suspect that the leader of APC in this state, Senator Bukola Saraki , would want to behave to type and, in his traditional style of jumping from one party to the other, it is likely that if APC becomes too stuffy for him , he will want to jump to another party. He has many of his friends in my party. He might be eyeing our party to realise his ambition and he would not want to come to PDP with me as chairman . He would want an amiable person; somebody he can override and use to enter the system.
I have said it. APC is personified by Saraki in this state, so I will not be surprised at all if he is sponsoring them .
Speaking further on why Saraki can NEVER defect to a PDP under His leadership, Oyedepo said;
"I do not like his method . He is not a democratic leader . He is not a leader that will allow ideas to blossom . I want a place where , even if I am not occupying any office , I will be relevant in decision - making . That place ( Saraki ’ s political camp) is not a place for it . I am not a politician that is just looking for his daily bread . Anybody that wants to be with him might want to have a daily bread. That is not my kind of politics. I have a vision and it cannot blossom under an undemocratic leader . Therefore, I can never be with him . It is not possible that we flock together. We are not birds of a feather."
There have been unending rumours that Saraki with the duo of Sen.Kwankwaso and Ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar may be plotting to return to their former party, the Peoples' Democratic Party, PDP. Many leaders of the PDP have openly stated that they were seriously reaching out to the trio among their other members who defected to the ruling APC.
Saraki, Kwankwaso and Atiku are all eyeing ailing President Buhari's position come 2019.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/07/oyedepo-slams-saraki-saying-he-is-not.html?m=1

Re: Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader by googlepikins: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2017
All these fake Afonja pastors sef. Thiefnubuu boys

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
This party chairman should be wise and smart

If saraki wants to return to PDP then that's a good thing
Re: Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader by Iamemma(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria matter just tire me

Let me come and be going
Re: Oyedepo Slams Saraki, Saying He Is Not A Democratic Leader by MrPolitics: 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
googlepikins:
All these fake Afonja pastors sef. Thiefnubuu boys

Stupidity is bad. Did you even read the story?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Police Lied, Ozubulu Massacre Not Caused By Wrong Business Dealing – IPOB / Was President Buhari Poisoned?? / Why Has PDP Not Officially Condemned IPOB And Other Secessionists Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.