Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

How Do I Get Holyghost? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Get Holyghost? (1162 Views)

Would You Be Attending The Holyghost Congress At The RCCG Camp? Read This! / Prayer Points @ Holyghost Night Of Signs And Wonders / (photo) Pastor E. A Adeboye At RCCG Holyghost Ghost Convention 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
How do i get holyspirit to speak in tongue and take control of my mind and thinking?
Have tried, live holy life yet my heart seems far!
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by hopefulLandlord: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
hmmm
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
How do i get holyspirit to speak in tongue and take control of my mind and thinking?

Do you Really understand what you asked for?

Why Did you need the Holy Ghost?

What makes you think you deserved such ?(reserved question)

What is your own definition of Holy Life?
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
Are you implying that you want to lose control of your mind and thoughts?
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Do you Really understand what you asked for?

Why Did you need the Holy Ghost?

What makes you think you deserved such ?(reserved question)

What is your own definition of Holy Life?

God alone knows d right definition of Holiness, but i know i am trying in every areas to take control over my flesh.
So answer me...
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Are you implying that you want to lose control of your mind and thoughts?

Answer me or stop Questioning me, i own my mind.
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:

God alone knows d right definition of Holiness, but i know i am trying in every areas to take control over my flesh.
So answer me...

Am not drilling you, take not of that, am just being careful of mockery from some folks who are ignorant of God.

Know that Holiness is not about taking control of the flesh, its greater than that. Definition of Holiness is written throughout the Bible so anyone could define it base on what he has read and understand.

Note that Praying in tongues doesnt make you unconscious You will be aware of things around you

Pls Try other questions
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Am not drilling you, take not of that, am just being careful of mockery from some folks who are ignorant of God.

Know that Holiness is not about taking control of the flesh, its greater than that. Definition of Holiness is written throughout the Bible so anyone could define it base on what he has read and understand.

Note that Praying in tongues doesnt make you unconscious You will be aware of things around you

Pls Try other questions

;;;;

thanks but, according to book of act 1 vs 8, we need power to be jesus witnessing!
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by Ken4Christ: 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
If you are really serious, get my ebook, How to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

E-mail me on kenmacaulay@ymail.com to place order for your copy.

It is also available in Amazon Kindle store with the link below ;

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9XUHOW
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
;;;;
thanks but, according to book of act 1 vs 8, we need power to be Jesus witnessing!

Read this thread and tell me what you learn there. I dont know why am having reservation about you

https://www.nairaland.com/2927623/speaking-praying-tongues-please-share
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by mzhorlah(f): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:

So answer me...

First of all, you need to know the Holy Spirit dwells in you because thats the seal of your salvation. it was the Holy Spirit that convicted you to Salvation. However, there is a difference between the indwelling and infilling of the Spirit. its the infilling that comes with the evidence of speaking in tongues like it happened on the day on Pentecost.

Everything we need is in the Bible, all you need to do is study voraciously. you could drop your Whatsap number, let me send a book by Hagin on that subject.
hope I answered your question?
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 9:00am On Aug 01, 2017
scott67:

Pls also send the ebook here thanks:

lalasticlala, mynd44...
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:10am On Aug 01, 2017
Ken4Christ:
If you are really serious, get my ebook, How to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
E-mail me on kenmacaulay@ymail.com to place order for your copy.
It is also available in Amazon Kindle store with the link below ;
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9XUHOW

How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit - A. W. Tozer (41 Page - $0.99)

Not Expensive sha, why not give him free copy for charity na cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by 701ecilana: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
I don't understand. No one seeks and does not find.
Pls can we really talk? What do you mean by you lived a holy life?

What is holiness?
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by 701ecilana: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
;;;;

thanks but, according to book of act 1 vs 8, we need power to be jesus witnessing!
What kind of power do you understand that to be?
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by 701ecilana: 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
;;;;

Becareful brother so that you won't fall under the following.

And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Acts:8:18

Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Acts:8:19

But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Acts:8:20

Satan is very trickish, the motive behind you wanting the Holy Spirit...
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
701ecilana:

Becareful brother so that you won't fall under the following.

And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Acts:8:18

Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Acts:8:19

But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Acts:8:20

Satan is very trickish, the motive behind you wanting the Holy Spirit...

Thanks..... I am a gospel singer, and i also want to go to d field to win soul, if God wishes! I dnt want to be shy or feel timid no more!
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by 701ecilana: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:

Thanks..... I am a gospel singer, and i also want to go to d field to win soul, if God wishes! I dnt want to be shy or feel timid no more!
Okay brother. If you are born again, then be assured that you already have the Holy Spirit.

Do you expect to feel a certain for you to know He is in you? Jesus says he that is born of God, what this means is that, when the Holy Spirit takes resudence in you, it's likened to the wind which blows from the North to South, you feel it's coolness in your skin, but you can't see it. U won't know where it's coming from or where it's going. That's how it is when you have Him.

This is how you know if he lives in you.

1. Peace. There's this peace which takes over you. You can't explain it to anyone. Rich or poor, broke or loaded you don't care. Whether the world is crashing around you, you don't care. Jesus becomes your satisfaction.

2. Joy. Unspeakable Joy feels your mind. All fears gone.

3. Zeal. You immediately want to tell the next person about Jesus. Whether you speak good grammar or not, doesn't matter anymore to you.

4. Courage. Courage to declare the word to every and anyone comes into you.

These are the indication that you have the Holy Spirit in you.

Then, Spend time with the Bible. Before you start reading pray a little prayer. Tell the Holy Spirit to help you concentrate in your reading.

There's a way to read the Bible. First study Characters of the Bible, then events. Start with Jesus. Who is He?
Fight doubts. Know that satan wouldn't want you to believe what you are reading. When doubt comes, ask yourself, what will Jesus gain by lying to you?

Whatever you don't understand, write it down, when you meet some one you believe shd know ask him or her. Ask three different persons, if the three of them say the same thing take it. if two says the same thing, but one says other wise, discard the one and take the two.
Gradually, your grow to live reading the word. When the Holy Spirit will begin talking to you, you won't know.
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
701ecilana:

Okay brother. If you are born again, then be assured that you already have the Holy Spirit.

Do you expect to feel a certain for you to know He is in you? Jesus says he that is born of God, what this means is that, when the Holy Spirit takes resudence in you, it's likened to the wind which blows from the North to South, you feel it's coolness in your skin, but you can't see it. U won't know where it's coming from or where it's going. That's how it is when you have Him.

This is how you know if he lives in you.

1. Peace. There's this peace which takes over you. You can't explain it to anyone. Rich or poor, broke or loaded you don't care. Whether the world is crashing around you, you don't care. Jesus becomes your satisfaction.

2. Joy. Unspeakable Joy feels your mind. All fears gone.

3. Zeal. You immediately want to tell the next person about Jesus. Whether you speak good grammar or not, doesn't matter anymore to you.

4. Courage. Courage to declare the word to every and anyone comes into you.

These are the indication that you have the Holy Spirit in you.

Then, Spend time with the Bible. Before you start reading pray a little prayer. Tell the Holy Spirit to help you concentrate in your reading.

There's a way to read the Bible. First study Characters of the Bible, then events. Start with Jesus. Who is He?
Fight doubts. Know that satan wouldn't want you to believe what you are reading. When doubt comes, ask yourself, what will Jesus gain by lying to you?

Whatever you don't understand, write it down, when you meet some one you believe shd know ask him or her. Ask three different persons, if the three of them say the same thing take it. if two says the same thing, but one says other wise, discard the one and take the two.
Gradually, your grow to live reading the word. When the Holy Spirit will begin talking to you, you won't know.

Thanks i am practising all this but I still feel like i need more, need more! Maybe i should fast or pray d more or read d bible d more!
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by 701ecilana: 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:

Thanks i am practising all this but I still feel like i need more, need more! Maybe i should fast or pray d more or read d bible d more!
Okay. Yours is the case of 'Blessed are the poor in Spirit'...You are indeed poor inspirit. Christ is yours. Keep seeking him. Spend more time in prayers.
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 7:01am On Aug 04, 2017
701ecilana:

Okay. Yours is the case of 'Blessed are the poor in Spirit'...You are indeed poor inspirit. Christ is yours. Keep seeking him. Spend more time in prayers.

smile....Thanks.
I wish someone will understand me...
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by 701ecilana: 7:09am On Aug 04, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:

smile....Thanks.
I wish someone will understand me...
Try to make me understand. We are here for each other

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2017
701ecilana:

Try to make me understand. We are here for each other
;

can i talk to via whatapp
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Mar 09
TEMINIKANSOSO:
What have you tried apart from the religion of Christianity and it's over 47,000 different spins(denominations/sects) on the content of Scripture written by authors of Israelite descent? undecided
Re: How Do I Get Holyghost? by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Mar 18
TEMINIKANSOSO:
God alone knows d right definition of Holiness, but i know i am trying in every areas to take control over my flesh. So answer me...
If God alone knows the right definition of Holiness, isn't it foolishness on your part to desire that which you lack and choose to have no understanding of? lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Why Does God Allow These Disasters To Happen? / See What This Lady Wore To The Cathedral / Ladies Burns Off Tattoo On Her Hand And Use Knife To Cut Her Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.