Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? (21294 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / Im Nervous!!!!! Will be Meeting My Naira Land Boo For The First Time Today / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by udison(m): 7:11am On Jul 31, 2017
"MARRIAGE"
Not really neccessary jare...
i just need kids...not a woman that would always trouble me when i come home late...or restrict my movements....

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Fourwinds: 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
I have no idea, been like that since was young. Anytime my friends talked about marriage, kept mute. Told myself from a young age, That would be a single mom.
u can never be satisfied by one man...u know dat deep down inside u....

one thing u must make clear...tell d intending husband to be about dis ur plan., so dat he will be prepared of what is coming or else it will be selfish of u to make him believe u two will be together till death do u apart
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 31, 2017
Yes...
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Generalyemi(m): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
.I have no idea, been like that since i was a young girl. Anytime my friends talked about marriage, kept mute. Told myself from a young age would be a single mom. It's so annoying, I feel that way.

miss joy...will u marry me?
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Tricia88(f): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2017
adetayo234:

Are you a sanguine? Sanguines almost always have relationship/commitment challenges, especially with the opposite gender.
really? Hearing dat for the first time
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2017
chidifrank:

be careful what you wish for yourself. go ask those baby mama even the rich ones what they now thing abt getting married. if ur child tells u he or she wants to be a baby mama n not get married, how wil u feel n think abt her. if it's not worth it, why do d bible teaches us to ? why do our fathers and mothers of many decades go into it? are ds generation better or wiser than them. are the baby mamas better than Mary who gave birth to a Saviour n still came down n got married to Joseph. why did God not make Mary just a baby mama alone since she is carrying the Messiah. girl don't wish bad to yourself
u made zero sense Joseph nd mary fornicated nd fled. If they were going for census hw come dey didn't go with respective families. Beta wake up
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by helphelp: 7:19am On Jul 31, 2017
Sylverly:
good you had such experience. Does it mean children are the consoling elements in marriage. How about those without one, does it mean 90-95% of such marriages are bound to get sour with time

It's all about priority, unfortunately in this part of the world children in marriages comes before every other thing.

For others though, they seek peace of mind first with their companion and some other reasons.

All in all, most Nigerian goes into marriage knowing fully well they can cater for children, you can imagine how they feel if eventually the kids don't start coming early enough.

My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Blonchilli(m): 7:20am On Jul 31, 2017
ymimiz:
I onky get nervous when I think about going broke
My Nigga cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Blonchilli(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2017
kennygee:

With the divorce rate these days. Yes I do.

With the kind of comments from men on NL, yes I do.

I saw a post where NL men were insinuating that Nigerian women don't deserve to be cared for and pampered, it made me feel sorry for women who would thank God that they had found "husbands" in these type of men.

Then, how many men really know God. Most men just go to church and some claim to be workers but don't live like Christians should. A man that can't lead you spiritually, what is the goal of your marriage?

Christianity and religion does not make a man a better person. There are Pastors/Bishops who use their wife and kids as punching bags, abusive and cheaters and then go to church to Thank the Lord or worse climb the altar and start preaching. So it's not about praying to find a Christian. I know a lady who in the 80s married a Pastor and when the going was good claimed she married a man with Jesus in him. Well now he's worse than Satan. Just hope you marry a good man and someone you know not who hide behind Christianity because people don't change

4 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Chukazu: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2017
Rorachy:
I feel nervous thinking of spending the rest of my life with one person but the thought of children is consoling.

The reason some women tend to make their children the object of their love abandon the man who in first place gave them the child.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by whytepawn1(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
That my major problem, Am commitment phobic The thought of being in a lifelong relationship scared the hell out of me . Just decided to stay put off relationships, till I can work on my commitment issues. Cos I rarely stay long in relationships sef.Lol nairalanders and their funny advices, gone tru many comments about my post. It's funny many Nigerians find it difficult to understand that both women can be commitment phobic, Of I wanna fall in love, get married and have kids,But am so scared of waking up one day, and loathing the man I married. I see a guy I like, we start dating, before I know it, it's just start fizzling out, and am gone without giving the guy a reasonable explanations.Am ok being single for now till I understand my issues. GOD help me
eleyi o' gidi gan!!!
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by otabuko(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2017
Rorachy:
I feel nervous thinking of spending the rest of my life with one person but the thought of children is consoling.
Bae. Don't feel nervous. I'd be good a hubby.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by MrHighSea: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2017
Rorachy:
I can't even imagine a cheating husband or a husband that battery his wife.
but ladies doubt it, when a guy says he's not gonna cheat.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2017
femi4:
The ones that speak in tongue still beat his wife. Put all factors into consideration, not just his spiritual status

Abeg, a man who knows God will not beat his wife. Forget that speaking in tongues lie.

God commanded men to love their wives like Christ loves the Church. Any man who isn't doing this isn't pleasing God.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 31, 2017
Blonchilli:

Christianity and religion does not make a man a better person. There are Pastors/Bishops who use their wife and kids as punching bags, abusive and cheaters and then go to church to Thank the Lord or worse climb the altar and start preaching. So it's not about praying to find a Christian. I know a lady who in the 80s married a Pastor and when the going was good claimed she married a man with Jesus in him. Well now he's worse than Satan. Just hope you marry a good man and someone you know not who hide behind Christianity because people don't change

I am not talking about marrying a religious man, I am talking about a man who knows God and lives to please him. A lot of people claim to be "pastors" but are only playing out roles.

I am not talking about those kind of men. I have an aunt who married a pastor that is also a terrible husband, she is just realizing that he doesn't know God, he just has the title of pastor and is living out a role.

I don't want to marry a pastor, the responsibilities and standard that pastors are held is very high and being a pastor's wife also places you on a high pedestal, I am not ready for that.

I just need a man whom we'd strive to make heaven together, a man whose goals align with mine so we can raise Godly children.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by whytepawn1(m): 7:47am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
I have no idea, been like that since was young. Anytime my friends talked about marriage, kept mute. Told myself from a young age, That would be a single mom.
for sure you will outgrow that mindset... when another birthday suddenly sends you into thinking, after attending your friends marriages week in week out and your biological clock becomes a thing of concern....
used to have a very close friend who never really liked the idea of getting married. but today she now has a different perspective about the whole thing.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by MrHighSea: 7:53am On Jul 31, 2017
CzarChris:
Well, OP. I'm in my early thirties as in 32 and I'm in a very committed relationship with a wonderful young lady(introduction already fixed for this December). But I still shudder at the thought of getting married. It literally scares the poop out of me. embarassed embarassed embarassed
U r not alone. But, concentrate your mind on the good side. Always having a legal companion around. God knows I need a gurl to love (commit). I've been dodging for a long but must be done.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by MrHighSea: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2017
alexialin:
Most times, am like I just want to get married, I wan marry ooo cheesy
but when it eventually comes, stares at me in the face, I get scared, jittery and evasive. Maybe because av not met the right person. undecided I think so
My life is peaceful as it is, no wahala, no drama, no unnecessary arguments.
Sometimes its peaceful not getting married but well, I know person must say *I do * one day.
I look at married women around me and I know am on a real blissful vacation. cheesy

There are three things I dont joke with, which I know anyone I end up with, will definitely distabilize it for me.
My work
My Beauty peaceful sleep cheesy
My Quiet Space, so I can think and plan. cheesy

I know all these will be turned upside down when I eventually get married.

Sighs.
E no easy.
I go change am for u sharperly. No b only una sabi disturb
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Gr8amechi: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
That my major problem, Am commitment phobic The thought of being in a lifelong relationship scared the hell out of me . Just decided to stay put off relationships, till I can work on my commitment issues. Cos I rarely stay long in relationships sef.Lol nairalanders and their funny advices, gone tru many comments about my post. It's funny many Nigerians find it difficult to understand that both women can be commitment phobic, Of I wanna fall in love, get married and have kids,But am so scared of waking up one day, and loathing the man I married. I see a guy I like, we start dating, before I know it, it's just start fizzling out, and am gone without giving the guy a reasonable explanations.Am ok being single for now till I understand my issues. GOD help me
Actually you not the only one, but if you open up you can really get help. First there must be a first cause, either there is something that happened earlier to you, family or someone you know that has kept the bad memory unconsciously to you or you fear heart break. We can talk more

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 31, 2017
Only wary of ending up with someone i don't love, or with a cheat.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by gozie112(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2017
Cc:NLproblemchild come oo
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by newslifeop: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2017
Yes
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by zinny377(f): 9:01am On Jul 31, 2017
My worst fear in marriage is what I would do when we have fights...dealing with fights in a relationship is so unnerving for me.

I jus want to run away when there are issues...my only consolation is that am marrying my soulmate someday n we will deal with it together. smiley
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Maj196(m): 9:04am On Jul 31, 2017
Only when married to a wrong person. Trust me if it was the right person the marriage will be trouble free. Ion think one will be scared of being with such person for life.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by CastingCrowns(f): 9:21am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
u arent alone in this dearie.....i also have that problem and unwittingly broken the hearts of good people.....i find it difficult to love people and i despise commitment....when it comes to me marrying it has to be someone i love 100% or nothing at all.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Sylverly(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2017
CastingCrowns:
u arent alone in this dearie.....i also have that problem and unwittingly broken the hearts of good people.....i find it difficult to love people and i despise commitment....when it comes to me marrying it has to be someone i love 100% or nothing at all.
Same path I found myself.. But, within me, I know nothing is 100% .I like to love everything about someone.. I have come to realize it's not possible. .working on having a strong tolerance when it comes to people
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by xxgig(m): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2017
Sylverly:
The thought is so consuming. I can't even imagine how it will be if she is a nagging type..
Each time I get that feeling, I don't look far. I just look at my Parent, and I become confident again.

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by geedimple(f): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2017
I feel so too likewise the thought of pregnancy scares the hell out of me too. Am in my mid twenties

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2017
otabuko:
Bae. Don't feel nervous. I'd be good a hubby.
cheesy.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2017
Chukazu:

The reason some women tend to make their children the object of their love abandon the man who in first place gave them the child.
Why won't she make her kids object of love when the man start cheating.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Interesting15: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2017
joyberry:
.I have no idea, been like that since i was a young girl. Anytime my friends talked about marriage, kept mute. Told myself from a young age would be a single mom. It's so annoying, I feel that way.

Please, try to change your mentality.

And, if you know you want to remain like that, please don't break a man's heart. Tell anyone prior to the commencement of the relationship that you are likely to dump him, don't let him invest his heart in the relationship and at the end, you break his heart.
Re: Do You Feel Nervous When The Thought Of Getting Married Someday Sets In? by Omoedeki: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2017
ymimiz:
Hmm

Scarmmer!!!!!! You have come again to scarm gullible ones. The 30Gb I paid for you have not credited it to me, here you are again wanting to scarm others.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recharge Card Printing Business For My Boyfriend: What's Your View On This? / First Time Sex With My Girlfriend After 2years And This Is What Happened / Marriage Mistakes Women Make That Lead To Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.