Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Guus Hiddink Ready To Take Pay Cut For Super Eagles Job! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guus Hiddink Ready To Take Pay Cut For Super Eagles Job! (651 Views)

Sneijder To Take Pay Cut To Join Man United / Keshi, Amokachi Agree Pay Cut For Afcon Pundits Duty / Eriksson Ready To Take Pay Cut For Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guus Hiddink Ready To Take Pay Cut For Super Eagles Job! by fowler: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2010
Guus Hiddink's representative Cees van Nieuwenheizen has told KickOffNigeria.com exclusively that the Dutch coach would consider a pay cut in order to coach Nigeria, but said any move would only happen with the approval of the Russian Federation.

"Guus is a loyal employee of the Russian Football Federation. He has a contract until July 15 and he never breaks a contract. If, and I say if because we have not been officially contacted by the Nigeria federation.

"If we get such an offer, we will have to discuss with the Russian Federation and if there could be an agreement with the Russian federation, then Guus could consider the situation.

"Currently there is a new president at the Russia Federation and we are talking about the future of after July 15, whether he stays or goes and that might change the situation a bit.

"Already, he has received offers from other countries who want him to take them to the World Cup. One of them is North Korea. Guus did not want to go anywhere because he did not qualify Russia for the World Cup, but now with the new president, things might have changed."

Hiddink currently earns an ear-bursting $8 million a year with Russia, but van Nieuwenheizen says if an agreement can be reached, Hiddink would countenance a significant reduction in those earnings.

"If there could be the possibility of a cooperation with the Russian Football Federation to release Guus for 2010 World Cup, then if he will go with any country to South Africa, like in this instance Nigeria, then he cannot make the same money he is making in Russia because the financial situation of many federations in Africa is completely different.

"There is no Mr Abramovich in Nigeria, so this is a sporting challenge that Guus would see as a great opportunity to be back on the highest platform of global football with a strong team such as Nigeria.

"From that perspective, it could challenge him. Then he would go more for the sporting challenge than the financial challenge."

NFF executive committee member Taiwo Ogunjobi, who is coordinating the head hunt for the Technical Adviser as chairman of the NFF's technical Committee, says all six coaches on the shortlist have been contacted.

But van Nieuwenheizen says the only contact he has received regarding the Nigeria job was an email last weekend from football agent John Shittu.

"I am now talking to somebody representing the media, I have not been in contact with anybody from the Nigeria Football Federation. We received an email from somebody in London, a Mr John Shittu with a number to call. I do not call the number.

"If there is somebody from the Nigeria Football Federation interested, they should call me, then I will tell them the same story that I am telling you.

"We are not in a position to take any initiative because we have not received any formal contact and Guus is not looking for a job.

"I only want to talk to somebody from the Nigeria federation, if they are interested. Under the circumstances we cannot do anything.

"I do not consider that as an offer. My number is available and they can contact me, same as you did. If they want to talk to Guus, they can call, but I do not call a number of anybody I do not know.

"A lot of people call and claim to be from Nigeria and we cannot talk to anybody. But if somebody calls and says he is the President or the General Secretary, then we can speak to the Russia federation and we can find a solution."

Shittu, who also manages Joseph Yobo and John Mikel Obi, admitted to KickOffNigeria.com that he did indeed contact the Hiddink camp.

"Yes, we sent him the email and we are representing the Nigeria Football Federation in these negotiations," he said. "We believe that Hiddink is the kind of man who will bring discipline, organisation and the right tactics to the Super Eagles."

KickOffNigeria.com also understands that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who finances Hiddink's Russia wages, will not stand in the way of the coach if he decides to make the Nigeria move.

A final shortlist of three is expected to be submitted to the NFF executive committee before the end of the month, but van Nieuwenheizen says he is uncertain if a resolution can be reached with the Russia federation in such a short time.

"I don’t think we can find a solution in the next few days. The new president came in last week, Guus had one discussion with him and then they went to Poland for the Euro 2012 draws.

"They will speak again, but I do not think it will be possible to find a solution quickly."

http://www.kickoff.com/2010/news/13813/guus-hiddink-ready-to-take-pay-cut.php

NFF at it again!!! Enough of these embarassments.
Re: Guus Hiddink Ready To Take Pay Cut For Super Eagles Job! by mystikal(m): 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2010
****subscribing

(1) (Reply)

Does This Guy (Brooks Peck on YahooSports ) Hate Nigeria? / Nigeria Disband Super Eagles? / What Was Your South Africa World Cup Best And Worst Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.