Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Introvert (a Short Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Introvert (a Short Story) (18744 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) / An Introvert's Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2017
solz23:
Thought I am introverted until I met Jay.Your own weak me...
Guess Jay is super introverted

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Divay22(f): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2017
I once dated an extrovert grin grin grin
Gosh dude was boring to me and i to him...we had to part ways, because I wasn't ready to give up my me,myself and I time..
He even told me i was possessed, because he couldn't imagine taking is bae out and she'll be as quite as a dove but on getting home she's so bubbly.....

STAY ANYWHERE THAT FEELS LIKE HOME (my motto) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Didov1(f): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2017
wow...jay is really going 2ru a lot..

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Episode 8

"You're such an arrogant and proud fellow"
"Why didn't you reply my greeting? I know you're too big for such"
"Are you sure you aren't possessed? Every now and then you're sitting in a dark corner doing nothing"
"Are you fetish? Why you like darkness so much?"

Jay had heard these lines quite a number of times and from random people; in the office, church, home, streets... but he hadn't taken many of them to heart, he was now resolved that there was little or nothing he could do about his introverted nature; he had stopped trying to fix himself. But then, what struck him most was the day Jane left him dumbfounded. It was a solitary Saturday afternoon, just like the previous afternoons, cos it has always been the same routine at home; wake up, brush up, eat, take a walk down the lonely street, get back home, play video games and listen inattentively to Jane's infamous complains. Nothing ever changed, nothing. Jane had lashed out on him about his decline on visiting her mum, at least for proper recognition the previous Saturday but he never changed his decision on not going. He had felt relaxed to Jane's utmost dismay. She had come back home after the Saturday's exercise and after taking her bathe, she knocked at Jay's door but got no response. She knocked again certified that Jay was around cos the door was open as she left it while going for jogging. She knocked again louder and got a faint response.
"Who's there?" Jay said faintly
"Its me baby, what's wrong with you in there?" Jane's voice was shaky. She was afraid something might be wrong with him, something she couldn't say until the door was let open.
"Jane? Give me a little time please, I'll open the door" His voice played the same tone, a mixture of frightfulness and unperturbed.
"What you doing in there? open the door please"
"Nothing, I'll get back to you in a minute" Jay persisted.
"Nigga open this door, Jane yelled and started kicking at the door, open this door now or else I pull it down. Don't tell me you're masturbating inside there, are you unclad? even if you are, haven't we bathe together before? Jay open this goddamn door, what's wrong with you? Jay? Jay?"

NB: Dear extroverts, when you meet us behind closed doors, please just make use of the next room, cos there's no way we can force the doors to open.

signed: Introvert

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
I once dated an extrovert grin grin grin
Gosh dude was boring to me and i to him...we had to part ways, because I wasn't ready to give up my me,myself and I time..
He even told me i was possessed, because he couldn't imagine taking is bae out and she'll be as quite as a dove but on getting home she's so bubbly.....

STAY ANYWHERE THAT FEELS LIKE HOME (my motto) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol. So how about now?
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2017
Didov1:
wow...jay is really going 2ru a lot..
That's what most introverted pple go tru, that's what am going through and people only understand it that I'm so selfish, arrogant and proud. That's why I decided to write this story to discredit such assumptions cry

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hakeem12(m): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2017
bro continue the story na

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by muxyray(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2017
I think am an [color=#006600][/color]EXTROVERT in this case grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Hakeem12:
bro continue the story na
Pardon me bro, work no gree me, but I'll update soon
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2017
muxyray:
I think am an [color=#006600][/color]EXTROVERT in this case grin cheesy
Lol. Jays case is extreme abi?
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by DAREH13: 11:19am On Aug 02, 2017
PLZ CONTINUE, AM ENJOYING IT
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Divay22(f): 11:23am On Aug 02, 2017
krissconnect:

Lol. So how about now?
u
Still the same..
I get angry unnecessarily when i go out, but bubbly at home..
But i wanna change. I can though ,that's if am ready..
Taking my first step seems hard, but i will.

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by DAREH13: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
TWO UNIQUE THING ABOUT INTROVERT IS DAT PEOPLE ALWAYS RESPECT US ND WE ARE MORE INTELLIGENT (75%) MORE DAN EXTROVERTS believe me or nt

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
u
Still the same..
I get angry unnecessarily when i go out, but bubbly at home..
But i wanna change. I can though ,that's if am ready..
Taking my first step seems hard, but i will.
but don't force ursef, u can't compel nature. Best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hakeem12(m): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
It's not easy been an introvert. My sisters are all extroverts, I have two elder sisters NAD two younger sisters. They can talk for Africa ehn, I'm just the opposite of them all. Mum and dad always have a hard time steering them towards decency and stuff and prohibiting them from getting calls from boys or whatever until they were matured to do so. When we go out shopping, my sisters would be the ones to pick out stuffs for me as I'm always dumbstruck or shy I don't even know which one for sure. Same thing goes when we go to eateries, I would order whatever they order. This continued till I finished high school and dad thought maybe it's just a phase in adolescence for me that I'm gonna outgrow it. He insisted I go to a federal university to improve my social life since I was low on it and still I'm by the way. I argued with him that it's got nothing to do with population or people I'm with, that I don't just like being around people much, I wanted to go to a private university where you know almost everyone and life would just be easy. I went to Oau and to his dismay, when I came home after part 1, I only worsened. Back in school, I was astonished when I saw the no of students in my department being microbiology, we were up to 500 I swear, I maintained a triangle which is going from hostel to class to library and back to hostel. I stayed in the hostel most of the time and never went to any departmental party. After the break I went home and stayed indoors more. I played video games like mad and rarely go out except for early morning jogs. And I only received calls from my roommates and other guys. The icing on the cake was when my mum asked me to see her one day after I got a call from one of my friends and talked for a long time over the phone. I went to see her after taking the call and the first thing she asked me three me off balance. She said "are you gay or what,? you only receive calls from guys and I have never heard you call a girl ever, and none has ever come here to look for you either." she told me that even my youngest sister in ss1 has been caught calling or receiving calls from her bf. I just laughed and told her I'm not gay that I just don't like being round pple much or with girls since I can't seem to construct a coherent sentence when with any girl apart form my sisters. She just nodded her head in disbelief and dismissed me.

8 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Didov1(f): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
krissconnect:

That's what most introverted pple go tru, that's what am going through and people only understand it that I'm so selfish, arrogant and proud. That's why I decided to write this story to discredit such assumptions cry
wow.i know dats a painful xperience,had a friend who was also an introvert in sec sch,.a situation whereby u were forced 2 answer a question in class with u standin up,bt all of a sudden all eyes were on u,asif bin under a spell,u turn 2 a stammarer,.ur leg bcum 2 weak 2 stand anylonger,u endup sitin down without bin ask 2,n buring ur head on ur desk bcox of d angry n dissapointin look on d face of d teacher,n fightin d tears tryin 2 spill out..gbam..u endup nt answerin d question.,trust dox sec sch teachers,there is a whole lot of purnishment waitin 4 u after class 4 disobeyin d teacher...only few teachers understands.......what m i typin sef.......lol...op with time n DETERMINATION u can overcome it....nice writeup op.,waitin 4 more update...
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by zesh(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hakeem12:
It's not easy been an introvert. My sisters are all extroverts, I have two elder sisters NAD two younger sisters. They can talk for Africa ehn, I'm just the opposite of them all. Mum and dad always have a hard time steering them towards decency and stuff and prohibiting them from getting calls from boys or whatever until they were matured to do so. When we go out shopping, my sisters would be the ones to pick out stuffs for me as I'm always dumbstruck or shy I don't even know which one for sure. Same thing goes when we go to eateries, I would order whatever they order. This continued till I finished high school and dad thought maybe it's just a phase in adolescence for me that I'm gonna outgrow it. He insisted I go to a federal university to improve my social life since I was low on it and still I'm by the way. I argued with him that it's got nothing to do with population or people I'm with, that I don't just like being around people much, I wanted to go to a private university where you know almost everyone and life would just be easy. I went to Oau and to his dismay, when I came home after part 1, I only worsened. Back in school, I was astonished when I saw the no of students in my department being microbiology, we were up to 500 I swear, I maintained a triangle which is going from hostel to class to library and back to hostel. I stayed in the hostel most of the time and never went to any departmental party. After the break I went home and stayed indoors more. I played video games like mad and rarely go out except for early morning jogs. And I only received calls from my roommates and other guys. The icing on the cake was when my mum asked me to see her one day after I got a call from one of my friends and talked for a long time over the phone. I went to see her after taking the call and the first thing she asked me three me off balance. She said "are you gay or what,? you only receive calls from guys and I have never heard you call a girl ever, and none has ever come here to look for you either." she told me that even my youngest sister in ss1 has been caught calling or receiving calls from her bf. I just laughed and told her I'm not gay that I just don't like being round pple much or with girls since I can't seem to construct a coherent sentence when with any girl apart form my sisters. She just nodded her head in disbelief and dismissed me.
your mum is a legend

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hakeem12:
Lol. Bro. It is well with us
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Didov1:
wow.i know dats a painful xperience,had a friend who was also an introvert in sec sch,.a situation whereby u were forced 2 answer a question in class with u standin up,bt all of a sudden all eyes were on u,asif bin under a spell,u turn 2 a stammarer,.ur leg bcum 2 weak 2 stand anylonger,u endup sitin down without bin ask 2,n buring ur head on ur desk bcox of d angry n dissapointin look on d face of d teacher,n fightin d tears tryin 2 spill out..gbam..u endup nt answerin d question.,trust dox sec sch teachers,there is a whole lot of purnishment waitin 4 u after class 4 disobeyin d teacher...only few teachers understands.......what m i typin sef.......lol...op with time n DETERMINATION u can overcome it....nice writeup op.,waitin 4 more update...
Lol. Honestly its bn terrible experiences after anoda. Thanks dear. Update soon
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Episode 9

Zero communication skills"
"He sees people as nothing"
"He thinks he's way above the rest of the staffs that he declines communicating with them"
"He's girlfriend must be one hell of a patient lady, that's if he's got one by the way"

Jane stormed out of the house angrily that afternoon, she felt she had had enough of Jay's stupid behaviour; introvert, whatever hell that means. She thought of visiting Clara, her friend to discuss the issue with her but on a second thought, she decided against it. Jane knew she needed someone to talk to, she was so heartbroken. Sam! Yes, she was going to talk to Sam, especially cos he was responsible for her relationship with Jay. If Sam started this she thought, he was going to put an end to it, however way he's going to do it.

"He's just been so weird, acting weird, getting worse with each second that tickles" Jane whispered to Sam amidst tears, he's always glued to his television, books or hand phone, he hardly has time for me and I don't want it to seem like I'm forcing myself on him. I also don't wanna believe he's cheating on me, or is he? is there anything you about this, Sam?" Jane straightened her eyes.

"No c'mon sweedy, there's nothing like that, the only thing I can say is he's an introvert which you know, I talked to you about this before you guys got into each other, we discussed his nature, didn't we?" Sam narrowed his eyes at a sober Jane and she nodded in the affirmative.
"But I didn't know its this extreme, I didn't know Sam" She said and bursted out crying.
Sam went closer to her and buried her head in his hands and consoled her. He felt enormous pity for her, but he already knew such day would come. He helped her wipe away her tears and held her head up, kissed her on her forehead and whispered, "I love you girl". Jane looked at him a little astonished and breathed in slightly.
" Thanks a lot Sam, I'm so grateful" She let out a soft smile at the corner of her lips. She stood up and made way to leave when Sam went after her and hugged her closely, her breasts pressing firmly against his scented body. They stood this way for some minutes when Jane pulled away slowly.

Being an introvert is such a terrible task and might prove destructive if not controlled to an extent. A lot of individuals who has got this nature are always at the receiving end; either misjudged, misinterpreted or misunderstood. If only rest of the people who fell out of this group could understand what life introverts pass through, then the introverts life could be eased a bit.
You think we don't wanna go out there and drink ourselves out too with people in a noisy environment?
You think we don't wanna go to parties and dance our hearts out?
You think we don't fancy the rock n roll in clubs?
You think we don't wanna get that aura of a stand ovation after a presentation on the stage?

Little did Jay know that his introverted nature was pushing his girlfriend away, away to his best friend, Sam!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by solz23(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
My experience as an introvert has thought me to encourage younger folks to live open lives,talk more and relate freely with people across board.I think it stems from the way we were brought up, most times,parents wanting their children to be 'yesmen' having no independent opinion on who and how they (children) relate with others,kinda affects the child in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Oyindawealth(f): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
I pity Jay alot.... Can't he just look for a s.u girl or let's say some1 who is not exposed dat won't be disturbing him about going to the club, going to parties, etc. Girls like dat are easy to find in d church or rather look for her from his village......lol... And Sam what type of friend are u Can't u look for another girl? Must it be Jane

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Oyindawealth(f): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
I pity Jay alot.... Can't he just look for a s.u girl or let's say some1 who is not exposed dat won't be disturbing him about going to the club, going to parties, etc. Girls like dat are easy to find in d church or rather look for her from his village......lol... And Sam, what type of friend are u Can't u look for another girl? Must it be Jane
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by DAREH13: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
solz23:
My experience as an introvert has thought me to encourage younger folks to live open lives,talk more and relate freely with people across board.I think it stems from the way we were brought up, most times,parents wanting their children to be 'yesmen' having no independent opinion on who and how they (children) relate with others,kinda affects the child in the long run.
U REALLY GET IT DATS WOT MADE ME AN INTROVERT.I WAS CAGED BY MY DAD ND MY ELDER SIS ND BRO it was like a hell
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Toyin223(f): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
Mummy MarianneAde Come Ooo,Sister PamelB U Too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Divay22(f): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
What do you guys think about an introvert dating a fellow introvert?
Will it work?

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hakeem12(m): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
Will it work?
sure why not?
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hakeem12(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
Will it work?
sure, why not?
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
Will it work?
It might or might not work. It depends on their mentality and level of understanding

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by invinzible1: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Growing up was quite difficult for me as an introvert, although I made few friends and I tend to stick with them, thinking we would be friends for life, but reality set in and we all went our separate ways. The most painful part was losing a girl I dearly love then when I was teen. Menh she was into me she gave me all the lights in this world, I couldn't just say those three words to her. Finally I got admitted into the uni after my 2L, I had already gain some confidence I walked up to her, told her about my feelings.. But it was too late.. She already got someone.. Couldn't see, I hate myself. I console myself by turning into a player.. Lol. Breaking hrts without remorse but I knew deep down that my introverted nature is still lurking inside of me. Well right now I can say I'm 60 percent introvert 40 percent extrovert

5 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
invinzible1:
Growing up was quite difficult for me as an introvert, although I made few friends and I tend to stick with them, thinking we would be friends for life, but reality set in and we all went our separate ways. The most painful part was losing a girl I dearly love then when I was teen. Menh she was into me she gave me all the lights in this world, I couldn't just say those three words to her. Finally I got admitted into the uni after my 2L, I had already gain some confidence I walked up to her, told her about my feelings.. But it was too late.. She already got someone.. Couldn't see, I hate myself. I console myself by turning into a player.. Lol. Breaking hrts without remorse but I knew deep down that my introverted nature is still lurking inside of me. Well right now I can say I'm 60 percent introvert 40 percent extrovert
Its balanced den bro
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by iamnlia(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
invinzible1:

Yours is balanced. I have like 90% intro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review / Loving Tyler / Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.