Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Introvert (a Short Story) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Introvert (a Short Story) (18759 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) / An Introvert's Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
krissconnect:

Lol. So how about now?
Hmmmmmm bro!

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Oyindawealth:
I pity Jay alot.... Can't he just look for a s.u girl or let's say some1 who is not exposed dat won't be disturbing him about going to the club, going to parties, etc. Girls like dat are easy to find in d church or rather look for her from his village......lol... And Sam, what type of friend are u Can't u look for another girl? Must it be Jane

For sure, I'm not an introvert, but I dated one.

I was able to change her and till now, she still thanks me grin

Boring lifestyle they got.

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:
What do you guys think about an introvert dating a fellow introvert?
Will it work?
Yea but boredom will be emanating from their bodies grin

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
The lady with the moniker "INTROVERT" is regretting she chose that moniker right now grin

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hawlahscho:
Hmmmmmm bro!
Lol, not what you think bro grin
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hawlahscho:
The lady with the moniker "INTROVERT" is regretting she chose that moniker right now grin
Lol. I Neva thought of dat
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 03, 2017
As an ambivert, I can quite relate.
I'm more introverted than extroverted, on the average.
Though I've never found it hard expressing my feelings.

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 9:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Episode 9

"Okay, its alright. I'll go just to make you happy" Jay was heard talking to Jane convincingly one evening. He knew if he definitely declined to go, the mental picture he'll create is that of an uncertain future with Jane, which will put her off balance.

Jay didn't know he was already putting her off balance with his skeptical attitude, he didn't know he was indirectly pushing her to Sam who was getting interested with every minute Jane comes complaining about him, he didn't know the only girl he could accommodate to love, stay with was starting to have a biased mind about him. Jay only thought it wise to go meet with Jane's mum just to make her happy, he loved her truly but he couldn't possibly allow his love for her eclipse his introverted nature. He wished; but he had stopped wishing.

"A right turn at the next junction, that's a long lane down there, hey, you already forgot my home?" Jane narrowed his eyes at Jay as he drove to Jane's home.
"Who said I forgot your home?"
"Why then were you asking me of the next route to take?"
"Cos I wanna know, no, I just decided to ask, to see if you remembered your home" Jay grinned.
"You silly" Jane growled and smacked Jay on his shoulder and they laughed.

Some minutes drive and they arrived at Jane's compound. Jane looked at Jay and noticed he was a bit nervous, his face looked stressed and he refused getting his eyes off the steering.
"Aren't you coming down?" Jane looked at him not expecting an answer.
They walked down the corridor with Jay following slowly behind. He knew he had to do this, he thought of going back but he waved the thought immediately from his mind. Whatever happens to be the outcome, he need not act stupid.

Jane knocked at the door and someone answered from inside. She had to wait for some seconds when the door flung open. A vibrant middle aged woman flung her hands across Jane's neck and embraced her. She didn't notice Jay's presence cos he was some distance off from the door. Jane's mum went in and Jane followed dragging Jay who was a bit tensed along.
"Young man, you can sit down" Jane's mum rolled her eyes at Jay who has been standing for some seconds.
"Oh, thanks ma" Jay voice sounded shaky as he searched his eyes in tension for a seat.
"That's a sofa behind you, just sit down please" Jane's mum looked on in amazement.
"Mummy, this is the guy I was telling you about" Jane said as she came in to the room from the hallway. She had a tray of food in her hand and glasses of water. She was feeling excited. She dropped the tray on the table and went to sit beside Jay who shifted his weight in shame. He adjusted himself to avoid Jane's mum getting uncomfortable with the way both lover birds were sitting in her presence. Jane looked at him anxiously but he ignored her and focused his eyes on the floor.
"Young man, what's your name?" Jane's mum questioned him focusing her eyes sternly on him.
"Eh... ma... me?" Jay stammered.
"We've got another young man here with us?" Jane's mum said softly avoiding the anxiety in her voice.
"I'm sorry ma, My name's Jay" He was all tensed up now and he felt sweat on his palms, his legs, his eyes, sweat in his eyes? yes, not tears, but sweat in his eyes. He started shaking but he tried so hard to conceal it but then Jane noticed because she had her hands on his laps. It was terrible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by INTROVERT(f): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Same way you are probably regretting your existence grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2017
INTROVERT:

That was gross
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Didov1(f): 11:23am On Aug 03, 2017
this is serious......

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Toyin223(f): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Hmmmmmn May God Help Him

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by kifeyous(m): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
i'm an introvert ...but this jay's own is complicated....i do play a lot with my click any time i feel like....
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by kajsa08: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
hmmmmm, m also an introvert. Growing up was terrible, always hid under my siblings. it was so bad then that i start sweating when talking to strangers. never had friends, never answering questions even when i know d answer, always had the feeling that all eyes are on me even in d market.e.t.c my mum was very very scared when i introduced her to my then boyfriend (now husband) n kept asking me if m ok. i still wonder how i finished schooling.
i thank God for my FIL, he's aware and he tries to bring me out of my shell.
i totally relate with ur story and love what u do.

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hakeem12(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
kajsa08:
hmmmmm, m also an introvert. Growing up was terrible, always hid under my siblings. it was so bad then that i start sweating when talking to strangers. never had friends, never answering questions even when i know d answer, always had the feeling that all eyes are on me even in d market.e.t.c my mum was very very scared when i introduced her to my then boyfriend (now husband) n kept asking me if m ok. i still wonder how i finished schooling.
can relate, but why was she scared.

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by kajsa08: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hakeem12:
can relate, but why was she scared.
grin make dem no go use her pikin play ball. grin

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hakeem12(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
kajsa08:
grin make dem no go use her pikin play ball. grin
lol I see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Didov1:
this is serious......
Very serious cry
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Toyin223:
Hmmmmmn May God Help Him
Its not bn easy, that's now most people feel. Most introverts
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
kifeyous:
i'm an introvert ...but this jay's own is complicated....i do play a lot with my click any time i feel like....
he's a super introvert
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
kajsa08:
Thanks dear
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
mine is different I talk at home nd stay mute when I'm outside

I remember d day my husband introduced me to his sister wen we were dating I didn't say a word til we got home, he was so upset, I had to explain my condition to him

Back then in school some people didn't even know I exist till 300level

I'm scared of talking outside tho my english is ok but I can't I just can't

Thanks for ur wonderful story man

Following......

2 Likes

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
debbycreamy:
mine is different I talk at home nd stay mute when I'm outside

I remember d day my husband introduced me to his sister wen we were dating I didn't say a word til we got home, he was so upset, I had to explain my condition to him

Back then in school some people didn't even know I exist till 300level

I'm scared of talking outside tho my english is ok but I can't I just can't

Thanks for ur wonderful story man

Following......
Thanks a lot dear. Its well
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
Well.....i just found out am an AMBIVeRT.....Google it grin

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
INTROVERT:

you said "probably"
You're wrong tongue I'm not regretting my existence tongue
Are you regretting yours? grin
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Eportal123: 2:20am On Aug 04, 2017
I love you mehn
Divay22:
I once dated an extrovert grin grin grin
Gosh dude was boring to me and i to him...we had to part ways, because I wasn't ready to give up my me,myself and I time..
He even told me i was possessed, because he couldn't imagine taking is bae out and she'll be as quite as a dove but on getting home she's so bubbly.....

STAY ANYWHERE THAT FEELS LIKE HOME (my motto) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by muxyray(m): 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Is the story ended? ?? sad

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
muxyray:
Is the story ended? ?? sad
Noo, pardon bro. Update soon
Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by krissconnect(m): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Episode 10

"Jane, get the plates ready, we've got to eat" Jane's mum whispered watching Jay from the corner of her eyes. She realised he was feeling uneasy and so she avoided adding to it by talking about eating.
"Jay, sure you wanna eat right?, have a plate son" Jane's mum said convincingly. Jay wanted to nod in disagreement but then Jane cut a sharp sneer at him and he only said "yes" unconvincingly. His heart starting racing fast again. He was wondering. Things were starting to get difficult, not as easy as he imagined, but things took a twist. He thought it'll only be a situation where he had to meet Jane's mum, talk about himself and zoom off home swallowing painfully the difficult incident, but then this was bigger than what he expected. He was going to eat, yes, eat before Jane's mum; the most ridiculous thing he'll have to do.

Jay looked at Jane and tightened his eyes, he was trying to send a message with his eyes but Jane ignored it. She knew what he meant but no way was it going to happen, no way.
"You must eat this food" she whispered to Jay.
"Jay, Jane's mum called out, you can start eating"
"Thanks ma" Jay said and dipped his hand in the plate of garri, he slowly made a morsel and swept it across the soup with his hands shaking. He took a quick glance at Jane's mum and noticing she wasn't looking at him, he put the morsel in his mouth and swallowed hard. He was breathing fast, streams of sweat started dropping from his head. He was getting tensed again. oh dammit! He noticed Jane's mum had her gaze fixed on him and he nearly went mad. He humbly dug his hand in the plate of garri and realised he couldn't make a morsel again. Was it suppose to be round, or triangular, or square, or flat shaped? The morsel? Where's the plate of soup? His head started getting heavy that he could hardly spot the plate of soup. He dragged his hand and boom! He put his morsel of garri in the plate of water for hand washing. Jane's mum looked at him with her eyes widened, she couldn't believe what was happening. Was he alright? Jane looked on surprised as well, she couldn't say a word. She was stoned.
"I, erm Ja, Jane, sorry, can I use the toilet?" Jay stammered as he avoided Jane's mum's eyes. He knew he just made a mess of himself and there's no better way of kicking it off than excusing himself to the rest room.

"What's wrong with him? You sure you didn't bring an insane man to the house, eh Jane?" Jane's mum growled as Jane returned to her mum in the room.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by Toyin223(f): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
Wat A Life

1 Like

Re: Introvert (a Short Story) by phawwaz(m): 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hawlahscho:
I dont even know which one am I.

Sitting all alone for days when I'm among strangers and dont wanna talk to any of them? I'm a pro at that, once I'm with my phone.

Starting an unending conversation with a stranger I've watched and realized she wants it? Simple stuff for me, I wont plan before going, d words will come.

Being all alone even when all others a partying, 8pretending they dont exist? Perfectly I do that.

Maybe I'm ENXTROVERT, whatever that means.

Nice job OP, may God help Jay grin
it ambivert

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Loving Tyler / The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review / Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.