Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,376 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why so much hate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why so much hate? (749 Views)

Why So Much Hate For Obaseki By Edo People / So Much Hate Over President Trump's Tweet On Senator Mccain's Death (photos) / Again, Saraki Caught Staring At Buhari With So Much Hate (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why so much hate? by Apina(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
This will be the first thread i will create on this forum and its meant to address a pertinent and very disturbing issue which i feel is being promoted with little or no check, which is about the tribalistic slurs that have been allowed to rage on. The popular excuse given is that everyone is responsible for whatever they post which I believe is simply being complicit on the part of those with the power to put a stop to it.

I decided to create this thread after watching the movie "THE EICHMANN SHOW", which was the first ever record of stories on the Holocaust and these were the last words from the movie. I recommend this movie for all Nairalanders but would just drop the most inspiring and thought provoking words from it;

"For each of us who has ever felt that God created us better than any other human being has stood on the threshold where Eichmann once stood. And each of us who has allowed the shape of another person's nose or the colour of their skin, or the manner in which they worship their God to poison our feelings toward them has known the loss of reason that led Eichmann to his madness, For this was how it all began, with those who did these things"

Read more: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=the-eichmann-show

To all those shouting unity beggar, This isn't a plea for unity by any means but a pointer to what such senseless hate can lead to.

I dedicate this thread to
Seun
lalastica
Other mods
Every reasonable nairlander
Re: Why so much hate? by BeardedMeat(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2017
Lol..Awon unity beggar cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why so much hate? by Apina(m): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Lol..Awon unity beggar cheesy
Seems u have a problem comprehending simple English.

1 Like

Re: Why so much hate? by mpianya39(m): 8:37am On Jul 31, 2017
If you like beg me from now till thy kingdom come grin grin ;

The Zoo Must fall tongue tongue
Re: Why so much hate? by chinoxstock: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2017
What does this thread mean? What's the point?
Re: Why so much hate? by Apina(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2017
chinoxstock:
What does this thread mean? What's the point?
The point is very simple, let something be done about the senseless tribalistic bigots cos this was how the idea for the Holocaust started.
Re: Why so much hate? by paschu: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2017
I am 120% sure that FORCED UNITY is the root cause of tribalism in Nigeria. And it did not start today.

I was there BEFORE independence. (Check out the rhetorics of the so called founding fathers prior to independence). FORCED UNITY led the nation country to a 3-year bloody and genocidal war. FORCED UNITY is still fuelling all the shades of agitations and tribal bigotries you talk about today.

The human spirit is a free agent. You cannot have peace keeping it in a state of perpetual subjugation of any kind.

Apina:

The point is very simple, let something be done about the senseless tribalistic bigots cos this was how the idea for the Holocaust started.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos And Calabar / Those Calling For Restructuring Are Unpatriotic Elements - Gov Umaru-Tanko / Pastor Adeboye Gave Buhari A Large Bible To Read in London (new Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.