Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers (12952 Views)

I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / 8 Self Care Tips For A Young Nigerian / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nairalandsss(m): 1:13am On Jul 31, 2017
it is not easy being a first time mother. First of all, you have no experience. Secondly, you are totally racked up with the experience of giving birth. In short, you are still reeling from the absolute unreality of the fact that you have now become a mother and have a little newborn baby who is completely dependent on you.Elderly women or your friends who have had babies before can tell you everything that you need to know. So consult them but use your own brains too. Do not get intimidated just because you are a first time mother.Here are some baby care tips for first time mothers.

Baby care tips for first time mothers are:

1.Get Rid Of Fear: Most women have never ever help a newborn baby in their lives. Your bundle of joy looks so tender and delicate that you are terrified of doing something wrong. Get rid of the fear and trust your natural maternal instincts; they can never be wrong.

2.Hold The Baby Right: Ask the nurses or doctors who come to attend you, to teach how to hold a newborn baby. The standard way to hold a newborn baby is to support your baby’s neck with one arm and hold the legs with the other.

3.Feed Every Few Hours: Feeding your baby the colostrum that your breasts secrete for the first 2 days after birth is very healthy. After that you must feed your baby every 2 or 3 hours. Newborn babies need to be fed regularly.

4.Breast Feeding Positions: You have to learn and choose the best breastfeeding position for yourself. There are four breastfeeding positions to choose from. You have to see in which one you and your baby are most comfortable.

5.Keep Baby Warm: Newborn babies like to stay warm and huddled up. This is because they are still used to the cozy feeling in the womb. So keep your baby wrapped up tightly and hold him/her as much as you can.

6.Baby Burps: You have to make your baby burp every time you feed him/her. Newborn babies are still not experts at feeding so they suck a lot air while drinking milk. This can lead to gas and abdominal discomfort. Make the baby burp after every feed.

7.Baby Stool: Your baby may pass watery stool on one day and normal on the other. There might be days when your baby does not pass any stool. During the first 3 months after birth, the baby’s intestines are not fully developed. So don’t get worked up about your baby’s potty habits already.

8.Newborn Babies Sleep A Lot: Newborn babies sleep for 18 to 20 hours in a day. You need to wake them for feeding sometimes. But otherwise, allow your little one to sleep as much as he/she wants.

9.Bathing The Baby: Your baby may be expected to bathe for the first within a week of its birth. The best way to bathe a newborn baby is in a tub of lukewarm water. Hold your baby in the tub in a sitting position and splash a little.

10.Ask For Help n Accept It: As a new mother, you will still be recovering from the trauma of giving birth. So don’t try to be a super mom and do everything yourself. Take help from your parents, in-laws and friends. It is always in the best interest of your baby and you as well.

These are the baby care tips for first time mothers

mynd44 lalasticlala

http://www.naijabroad.com/know-baby-care-tips-first-time-mothers/

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by cacmatters(m): 4:51am On Jul 31, 2017
May God give those that doesn't have any Kid.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Codomainmainman(m): 4:51am On Jul 31, 2017
Nice tip for me, my wife must hear this

3 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by BennyMM(f): 4:56am On Jul 31, 2017
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 31, 2017
This is very informative, thanks OP.

5 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 31, 2017
You are correct.

I have a new baby and I am sharing this with my wife straight away

7 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by japheth007: 5:03am On Jul 31, 2017
cool
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by AtbuAbdul(m): 5:09am On Jul 31, 2017
Nice points!
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by propzncribz: 5:13am On Jul 31, 2017
How do you make a baby burp?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by praise1705(f): 5:14am On Jul 31, 2017
and to think animals don't get taught on how to birth, take care and breastfeed their young without being taught.

God is wonderful

3 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Bossjosh: 5:29am On Jul 31, 2017
10. Ask For Help n Accept It: As a new mother, you will still be recovering from the trauma of giving birth. So don’t try to be a super mom and do everything yourself. Take help from your parents, in-laws and friends. It is always in the best interest of your baby and you as well.

Too much cooks spoils the broth (coupled with bad-belle people).
Thank me later

8 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by VickyRotex(f): 5:31am On Jul 31, 2017
propzncribz:

Either of the 5 steps would work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yvnhWdyAs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by YesNoMaybe: 5:33am On Jul 31, 2017
Another tip: Avoid playing those nonsense kpakoro naija dance hall music near your baby. It gets on their nerves and causes discomfort. Soft, easy listening music makes sense. Classical music is even better.

13 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by sirfee(m): 5:38am On Jul 31, 2017
Good job op.I'd forward it to my future wife grin
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by sathel(m): 5:39am On Jul 31, 2017
nice one OP.

but I never wan born cry
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by FemiEddy(m): 5:42am On Jul 31, 2017
Well done op
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by KingLennon(m): 5:47am On Jul 31, 2017
Useful tips OP. I hope infant mothers will learn alot from this.
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by seunny4lif(m): 5:49am On Jul 31, 2017
The OP called mothers

Why Nairalanders father come dey comment
Na una dey born angry angry
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 31, 2017
Prospective here
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 31, 2017
Prospective Dad here
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by poshestmina(f): 6:04am On Jul 31, 2017
propzncribz:

Rub the baby's back immediately after feeding, keep rubbing till he/she burps.

2 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by dust144(m): 6:20am On Jul 31, 2017
Nice write up.
Today is still July, chai.

3 Likes

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by fannybaby(f): 6:21am On Jul 31, 2017
kiss kiss
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2017
WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 31, 2017
Following grin
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by dakeskese(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2017
hmmmm
Children are blessings.
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Sokoyaseye(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2017
As a new father of a new born baby, This information is good for my wife and every mother out there.
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by peacettw: 6:32am On Jul 31, 2017
Other tips
1.Avoid herbal medications
2. Vaccinate your child
3. Avoid disinfecting the bath water. It kills the baby's skin normal flora
4. If you can, avoid powder and smoothie (most of these creams contain powerful steroids which are harmful; powder causes cancer and respiratory tract problems)
5. Never massage the baby's breasts when enlarged and secreting milk. It can lead to breast abscess
6. Avoid putting your baby to sleep face down or lying on its stomach, rather baby should lie on its back to avoid sudden baby death. (Read sudden infant death syndrome)
7. Be clean but not too clean eg disinfecting the whole house etc, you want your baby's immunity to learn the ropes and prepare for that war with germs. (Read hygiene hypothesis and its influence on allergies)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by rOsy247(f): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2017
Wow. This is front page worthy indeed.

1 Like

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by theophorus(m): 6:36am On Jul 31, 2017
...Well Written.

All True. When it happen you will also come to know how Important No.10 is.

1 Like

Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by ordisco(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2017
what of those that do not follow all this step
Re: know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 31, 2017
Thank u op

(1) (2) (Reply)

La Casera Rewards And Celebrates Frontline Workers In Nigeria Communities / NMA Strike Ends On Monday, Says Health Minister / Japa: Federal Government Urges Universities To Produce More Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.