Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Huawei Will No Longer Make Low-end Smartphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Will No Longer Make Low-end Smartphones (596 Views)

Google Suspends Huawei's Android Support. Huawei Will Not Work With Google Apps / Samsung And Apple No Longer Make Up 50% Of The World’s Active Smartphones / Top Ten affordable High-end Smartphones Of First Half Of 2018 Powered by MTK P23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Will No Longer Make Low-end Smartphones by temitofa(m): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2017
Huawei, the world’s 3rd largest smartphone maker has announced that it will no longer produce low-end smartphone in order to improve sales and profits. This is gradually confirming the extinction of low-end Huawei smartphones.

Huawei claims the reason for taking this decision is because the margin is extremely low and that they will move forward with the production of only mid-range and upper-range smartphones henceforth. Huawei says:

“We are giving up the very low-end devices because the margin in this is extremely low, and it’s not making enough profit for us”

Way back in 2014, Huawei reported a cut in production of low-end devices. And now, the brand has complete drop the production.

Huawei is not the first smartphone manufacturer to announce an desertion of the low-end market. The attraction of becoming the Android equivalent of Apple is solid. HTC and Sony have endeavoured to follow through on that path, but with slight success. BlackBerry also abandoned budget smartphones in 2013, but that move almost killed the brand too. These trademarks are still struggling till now.

However, Huawei case might be different since they are the world’s 3rd biggest smartphone maker after all. That could be an edge for them. All the other brands that have bid to ditch the low-end have been businesses experiencing financial struggles. Nonetheless business of making Android smartphones have not been very lucrative (only Apple makes over 90% of the smartphone industry’s profits), Huawei is not precisely in the league of struggling phone makers though, so possibly they can pull this off.

If they do pull off the plug, maybe one day, they will drop the production of mid-range too and concentrate only on making high-end devices. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, there are many options available in the low-end smartphone market so don’t feel hurt, it’s a jam-packed habitation, with all manner of Android phone makers in town.

http://www.tellforceblog.com/2017/07/huawei-will-no-longer-make-low-end.html

Re: Huawei Will No Longer Make Low-end Smartphones by polymaths(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
This is amazing with all the fantastic phones from all that phone makers like Samsung, HTC , huawei, Sony, Motorola, LG,and Lumia how I phone alone is taking 90% of profit from smartphone. I can't believe this . Let somebody tell may be what I don't about I phone. I think it high time I give it a trial.
Re: Huawei Will No Longer Make Low-end Smartphones by mikeycharles(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
huawei and Mtn, they're both failures but atleast one of them knows how to rob Nigerians
Re: Huawei Will No Longer Make Low-end Smartphones by mikeycharles(m): 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
huawei is synonymous to Mtn, they're both failures but atleast one of them knows how to rob Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Internet Cafe Chatroom / Have You Taken Note Of The Note 4 Phone ? / How To Track A Call, Text Message Etc On Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.