Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable (35817 Views)

Deep Freezer For Ice Block Production / Make A Minimum Of N100,000 Every Month From Ice Block Production In Dry Season / Is Ice-Block Business Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by franky044(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09, 2010
Hi nairalanders,
                 i am planning to go into ice block production business, i am planning to buy the iceblock production machine from austine lazarus ice block making machine, but my concern is that i dont know how profitable the business is. pls if u have idea about this business kindly share with me
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by ogb5(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2010
Forget Freezers. Takes 3 days of constant power to produce a batch of ice block. you can only use freezer maybe in a company estate where power is very regular and you do not need to use generator.

Austin Lazarus Ice machines are rather expensive for the production rates you will be achieving. so do your calculations right before you leap

1 Like

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by Kamseek(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2010
Good morning,
Am into this business of ICE BLOCK. The molding machines are expensive to get for a start up biz like us.
The freezer takes 100 and above depending on the arrangement but there is always water at the bottom which makes it difficult to block on time. It’s stressfull in getting the water out.
Please what can i do to enhance my output?
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by ogb5(m): 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2010
Kamseek:

Good morning,
Am into this business of ICE BLOCK. The molding machines are expensive to get for a start up biz like us.
The freezer takes 100 and above depending on the arrangement but there is always water at the bottom which makes it difficult to block on time. It’s stressfull in getting the water out.
Please what can i do to enhance my output?

What type of freezer takes 100 blocks at a time? it must be very big.

Any way to increase you output, have another freezer where you can keep the blocks that are partially frozen until they are fully frozen. That way you do not wait and tie down you freezer waiting for the blocks to be fully frozen before you load another batch.

w.r.t. the water at the bottom of your freezer, just drain it out or mop it each time you load a new batch of blocks.
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by mommamia: 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2010
Thanks ogb5, thats a very thoughtful idea
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by mommamia: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2010
How much is one ice now and the size of each nylon
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by 9jaVoices1(m): 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2010
I think 1 ice is sold for N100 now,
It a nice business idea, I love it
Thanks
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by mommamia: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
is that for one nylon. what size will that be
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by franky044(m): 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2010
using deep freezer and ice block making machine, which is better and why?
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by KunleA2(m): 8:50am On Feb 15, 2010
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by Nzeogwu66: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2010
Ice making is a lucrative business in Africa with its all year round heat and poor power supply. Truth is that local machinery are always poorly supported and imported machines dont really meet the needs of the average man- either too expensive or scarcity of parts. The option left is to be innovative. I am going to inspect a factory soona nd will revert with my findings. In the interim start with what you can manage- freezers and pure water bags. Happy selling
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by asscend: 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2010
True word Nzeogu. You said it well.

As long as one can provide reliable source of power, then you have a business.

The business is good; so start with what you have. But remember you have a lot of over-head costs.

All the best, start and grow it. As long as u have ice blocks u will have buyers.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by seunoshy: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2010
Goodday sir, well ice block business
is a very lucrative business to venture,but do your
feasibility study in your area, because in my area from the
factory ice block is sold for #100 and 120.Every individual
can t do without water and people prefer cold one, the
weather is another factor is so hot these days .PHCN are not
helping matter,how many family can afford a good generator
to power their deep freezers?
Sir, is a very good business but please note one
fact (THE HIGHER YOUR PRODUCTION THE HIGHER YOUR PROFIT
)Because once your production is high your profit will be
high too ,let us do some calculations( you have 300 pieces
of ice blocks,and you sell #100 per block so you will budget
100 pieces for diesel that is #10,000 and 50 pieces
for your Generator tear and wear that is #5,000 everyday and
the rest is your profit that is #15,000 daily so what are
you waiting for!LOOKING FORWARD DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by whatalife: 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2010
@franky044 ,
There is enough information on nairaland regarding ice block business and the machines.
Please go through the thread below
and get in touch with a particular guy with username nuclearboy i have never met him before but all his post shows he is very knowledgeable about the construction of the machines and it work.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=238196.msg4101398#msg4101398

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by icemachine(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2010
hi , we are the professional supplier of ice block machine . If you need any information on the block ice machine, kindly contact us freely.

Shanghai Better Industry Co.,LTD
www.chinaicemakingmachine.com
Email: sales@chinaicemakingmachine.com

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by ayodele123(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
Additional facts :

You can also get machines from Merchantile ltd, 13 Acme road, ikeja, lagos.
Get their phone numbers in the Punch Newspapers where they regularly advertise.
Also you may try Powercool Ltd 08032222999, 08052222221
Try Balocool Ltd 08033288113 08033586735
Another is Ashmirt ltd along obafemi awolowo way,ikeja lagos. They advertise in the Punch.
The above mentioned companies have offices in lagos,abuja and port harcourt.

The imported machines take 6-8 hrs to freeze while the locally fabricated ones take about 12 hours. You need 15Kva diesel generator to power the machine and it gulps 2 litres of diesel per hour. The imported machines are more efficient than the local fabricated machines. Forget freezers except you have brand new freezers. Diesel is N110.00 per litre

Consider the market. Set up in a high human traffic area is necessary but not compulsory. You must sell fast before the ice turns to water. Be ready to sell at a discount to early morning buyers like market women who buy to resell. You may need a means to transport the ice to some customers who expect you to bring it to them.
Consider the competition in the area. Is the market saturated?

It is a seasonal market that thrives better during the hot seasons but sales is poor during the rainy season.

Before or when buying the ice block machine,ensure that spare parts are available and that the company will respond to your calls within 24 hours in the event of a breakdown. Some will not respond for days and the owner becomes stranded and at their mercy. Buy from reputable sources.

Do a market survey before you start. Ask the potential buyers in the area whether will be interested in the product and the reasons why not. Dont assume as one of my neighbours did and has closed down in frustration.
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by osemwe: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2011
If you want ICE BLOCK machines that really work, hassle free, try those from BRB Gate Limited.  They are proven and the good thing is that they also produce ice block with the machines they manufacture.  I believe they are one of the largest ice block producers in Lagos.  Visit their web site at www.brbgate.com for more information.
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by icemachine(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2011
Better HBI10 ice block machine can produce 200ice blocks per day ,the forming time of ice block is 4.8hours, the power of machine is only 4.8kw. The compressor is Bitzer,which is made in Germany. If you want to know more information about this machine, please contact with us freely.
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by iceguru: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
HB110 is chemical based and the local retail market does not like that even though the ice forms very fast, they also melt very fast and that is why the retailers don't like them.  Those who have bought chemical based ice block machines have regretted their investment.  Ice block in sealed nylon bags is what the local market here needs,
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by felucci(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2011
Ice block machines in Nigeria are mostly second hand and not reliable. Even when reliable, there are not many technicians available that know how to maintain your machine. It is much better using normal standing freezers to produce iced blocks as it's more economical and can be easily maintained. I know someone that produces ice blocks and today, his ice block machine is spoilt and even broke down his generator. his ordinary freezers are still working and to think that he spent over N500,000 just to buy the machine that didn't last up to 2 years. Better make use of freezers and brand new is better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by icemachine(m): 2:39am On Oct 28, 2011
Most of our customers in Nigeria informed us that our machine is much easier to maintance and shorter time to harvest ice block. That is why our machine can be popular in the market, of course, not only Nigeria, we also export our machine to Guinea, Chad, Uganda, Angola, Togo, South Africa,etc. All of our customers give us good feedback on our machine. If anybody wants to know more information on our ice block machine, you can contact with us freely. We can give you some useful advice on the ice business.

Shanghai Better Industry Co.,ltd
www.chinaicemakingmachine.com
Email:sales@chinaicemakingmachine.com
Tel:+86-13671510188
+86-21-60518061
Fax:+86-21-39650098

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by odinikpo: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
ogb5: Forget Freezers. Takes 3 days of constant power to produce a batch of ice block. you can only use freezer maybe in a company estate where power is very regular and you do not need to use generator.

Austin Lazarus Ice machines are rather expensive for the production rates you will be achieving. so do your calculations right before you leap

Hello friend, i do not seem to agree with you where you said "forget freezers". I run this business and I started with 5 LG standing freezers. At their level, they gave me blocks within 15 hours. I only added more ice block making machines that gives me 47 ice blocks and another that gives me minimum of 63 blocks because my customer strength is growing.

Just like everything in business, it is better to know how much you can raise to start the ice block business and start from there. I started with 1 LG in my house that i bought at N54,800 or so. Today, though not from the profit therein, I have 5 LGs and 4 other machines. I have at least over 150 blocks a day.

You can always get in touch with me at odinikpo@rocketmail.com

6 Likes

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by kingsleychile(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
this post has been hidden
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by kingsleychile(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by kingsleychile(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hallo fellow Nairalanderz,
I reside around Airport Road axis of Benin city,Edo State,btw d Benin airport and Da Civic Centre. If u need iceblocks in bulk plz don't hesitate to contact me via: 08029967363. D per block price is N50.00.
Life is all about connectivity! I await ur call.
Tnx already.
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by kingsleychile(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
we are among the best ice block machine manufactures base in lagos,office address,NO 7 mokoya street olodi apapa lagos,we manufacture ICE BLOCK MACHINES and FROZEN FOOD STORAGE,with super quality materials and are chemical free,CASH and CARRY,NO EXTRA CHARGES,1YEAR WARRANTY call or whatsAPP :08063748505,email:kingsleychileekpei@yahoo.com (YEAR 2017 price list) INSTALLMENTAL PAYMENTS MAY BE CONSIDERED

...12/15 HOURS..

50 BLOCKS #280,000
100 BLOCKS #550,000
200 BLOCKS #1,100,000

...7/10 HOURS..

25 BLOCKS #300,000
50 BLOCKS #380,000
100 BLOCKS #750,000

....4/5 HOURS...

25 BLOCKS #400,000
50 BLOCKS #800,000
100 BLOCKS #1,550,000

....2/3 HOURS.....

25 BLOCKS #900,000
50 BLOCKS #1,600,000
100 BLOCKS #2,500,000

1 YEAR WARRANTY

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by YOLO1(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2016
odinikpo:

Hello friend, i do not seem to agree with you where you said "forget freezers". I run this business and I started with 5 LG standing freezers. At their level, they gave me blocks within 15 hours. I only added more ice block making machines that gives me 47 ice blocks and another that gives me minimum of 63 blocks because my customer strength is growing.

Just like everything in business, it is better to know how much you can raise to start the ice block business and start from there. I started with 1 LG in my house that i bought at N54,800 or so. Today, though not from the profit therein, I have 5 LGs and 4 other machines. I have at least over 150 blocks a day.

You can always get in touch with me at odinikpo@rocketmail.com
Bro. Please are u still in the business? Am planning to start the business from a loan I just received.
Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by niyimarc(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2018
It is true that the business is very lucrative, the cost of producing it is very low, the profit is about 1000%. But without a good location and strong ice block making machine, you won't find this business lucrative at all. [color=#006600][/color]
What do I mean by a good location? The place where you want to sell your ice block has to be somewhere, where there is large population and where there is no stable power supply, you can have your machine install where is stable power supply but u should sell your ice block where there in no stable power supply. Ice block is more needed where is no light...
Concerning the ice block machine: I can only recommend HIGHERCOOL ice block making machine. They have different sizes like the one that produces 50,70,100&120... For more information about this machine call Dare on 09032282484
https://www.nairaland.com/3745057/best-ice-block-making-machine

1 Share

Re: Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable by niyimarc(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2018
niyimarc:
It is true that the business is very lucrative, the cost of producing it is very low, the profit is about 1000%. But without a good location and strong ice block making machine, you won't find this business lucrative at all. [color=#006600][/color]
What do I mean by a good location? The place where you want to sell your ice block has to be somewhere, where there is large population and where there is no stable power supply, you can have your machine install where is stable power supply but u should sell your ice block where there in no stable power supply. Ice block is more needed where is no light...
Concerning the ice block machine: I can only recommend HIGHERCOOL ice block making machine. They have different sizes like the one that produces 50,70,100&120... For more information about this machine call Dare on 09032282484
https://www.nairaland.com/3745057/best-ice-block-making-machine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fried Grasshopper: Katsina Residents Make Fortune Selling Tasty Insects / 5 Habits That Will Keep YOU BROKE! / Oprah Winfrey Beats Folorunsho Alakija To Be Richest Black Woman On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.