Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues (4125 Views)

Toyota Camry 2008 Gear Issues / Gear Issues / Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Ayloaded04: 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Im having some trouble with my gear. It stalls and revs as far as 3500 rpm before changing gear. Its a v6 engine which didnt used to be like that before.

I observed that just before it changes gear, it roars as if im revving the car and the change is rough as it comes with a jerk.

I have observed a flashing d light on two occasions while driving but it goes away once i put the vehicle in park, turn off and turn on the engine again.

I recently drained the atf and replaced it with mobil atf but there has been no improvement.

Please help salvage my transmission before it requires a total overhaul

NB:A scan threw up the following codes, some of which have been present for quite sometime..P0113,P2649,P0141,P0161,P0340

Cc gazzuzz, kingreign ,mayor2013 , nurey
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by sooperrescue(m): 1:07am On Aug 01, 2017
mobil atf d11e on a Honda 2003. Drain it quickly and use Honda DW1 and if you cant get one. get in touch with me. I sell Syngard Global Atf. My friend imported large quantities into the country and forgot about them. So I am helping to sell them.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Conner44: 1:40am On Aug 01, 2017
You say it revs and jerks before changing gear? Does this happen with all the gears?

Have you tried "coasting" into the gears to see if the change will be smooth? If your gear only changes well if you're coasting then you may be lucky because mine was behaving exactly like yours and i tried everything without improvement until a scan revealed that I change the gear switch before the fault went away

the switch I'm talking about is that black stuff at the base of the gearbox behind the tyre on the driver side
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Ayloaded04: 2:50am On Aug 01, 2017
Yes the revving and jerking happens with all gears but its most prominent and roughest when switching from gear 1 to 2

Ive not tried coasting but taking my foot off d pedal just when the engine revs and the gear is about to change gives a smoother but not perfect change.

Please did your scan reveal the same codes as the one i posted?
Conner44:
You say it revs and jerks before changing gear? Does this happen with all the gears?

Have you tried "coasting" into the gears to see if the change will be smooth? If your gear only changes well if you're coasting then you may be lucky because mine was behaving exactly like yours and i tried everything without improvement until a scan revealed that I change the gear switch before the fault went away

the switch I'm talking about is that black stuff at the base of the gearbox behind the tyre on the driver side
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by nurey(m): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2017
Change to Honda recommended atf dw1 first, then scan the gear and let's have the code. That will pin point to the diagnosis of the problem

Cc Kashif
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Ayloaded04: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2017
Okay thanks. Will do the change and let you know. Does anyone know where i can scan the gear around Ajah

nurey:
Change to Honda recommended atf dw1 first, then scan the gear and let's have the code. That will pin point to the diagnosis of the problem

Cc Kashif
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Conner44: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2017
Ayloaded04:
Yes the revving and jerking happens with all gears but its most prominent and roughest when switching from gear 1 to 2

Ive not tried coasting but taking my foot off d pedal just when the engine revs and the gear is about to change gives a smoother but not perfect change.

Please did your scan reveal the same codes as the one i posted?

My codes at that time were P0141 and P0848 but mine is a 4 cylinder model so maybe what worked for me may also work for you.

But first put in the atf dw-1 as recommended before doing anything else on that gearbox including a scan
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by mayor2013: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2017
If you are in Lagos bring in for a free diagnosis. Ends by 5pm Tuesday, 1st of August 2017
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Coolgent(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2017
Ayloaded04:
Im having some trouble with my gear. It stalls and revs as far as 3500 rpm before changing gear. Its a v6 engine which didnt used to be like that before.

I observed that just before it changes gear, it roars as if im revving the car and the change is rough as it comes with a jerk.

I have observed a flashing d light on two occasions while driving but it goes away once i put the vehicle in park, turn off and turn on the engine again.

I recently drained the atf and replaced it with mobil atf but there has been no improvement.

NB:A scan threw up the following codes, some of which have been present for quite sometime..P0113,P2649,P0141,P0161,P0340

contact Gazzuzz your car problem will be over!
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by timifakay(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ayloaded04:

What's the odometer reading of your car?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Ayloaded04: 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
Can you please recommend the person that fixed yours?
Conner44:

Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Conner44: 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ayloaded04:
Can you please recommend the person that fixed yours?

I first tried fixing it in owerri by changing the atf but it still had issues then I went and tried again by changing the TPS and solenoid in warri but lie lie it still shifted roughly on all gears and the D light began blinking

I spent so much and managed it for over 5 months like that until I got to Lagos and scanned it before the problem was resolved.

Call Ahmed on 0708 048 703 and tell him you want to come to his workshop concerning your gear issue, there's one oga there who fixes only gear but I don't have that particular man's number so since Ahmed is his "boy" once you've met him you've met the man. His workshop is beside that gas plant at ALAKIJA (festac side)
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Ayloaded04: 1:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks a lot
Conner44:

I first tried fixing it in owerri by changing the atf but it still had issues then I went and tried again by changing the TPS and solenoid in warri but lie lie it still shifted roughly on all gears and the D light began blinking

I spent so much and managed it for over 5 months like that until I got to Lagos and scanned it before the problem was resolved.

Call Ahmed on 0708 048 703 and tell him you want to come to his workshop concerning your gear issue, there's one oga there who fixes only gear but I don't have that particular man's number so since Ahmed is his "boy" once you've met him you've met the man. His workshop is beside that gas plant at ALAKIJA (festac side)
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Ayloaded04: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
The number is incomplete
Conner44:

Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Conner44: 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
Ayloaded04:
The number is incomplete

0708 048 7031
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Kashif(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2017
Conner44:

ATF change does not fix problems.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Conner44: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kashif:

ATF change does not fix problems.

Yeah, I found that out after wasting 25k on it
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
I am currently having this issue with my Honda Accord 2010.

It revs to like 3500 - 4000 sometimes. I try to accelerate gently to avoid this issue but it jerks when it is changing gear.

My mechanic said I should change the gear (@NGN 600k) but I dont have that money.

Also, the D (Drive) light blinks.

How can I fix this issue

Ayloaded04:

Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by dicksonadams(m): 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
XPaul:

It revs to like 3500 - 4000 sometimes. I try to accelerate gently to avoid this issue but it jerks when it is changing gear.

My mechanic said I should change the gear (@NGN 600k) but I dont have that money.

How can I fix this issue

what are the scanned codes
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:24am On Sep 04, 2023
XPaul:

How can I fix this issue

Revs or slips ?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by kingreign(m): 2:15am On Sep 04, 2023
XPaul:

How can I fix this issue

Have you scanned the transmission?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2023
Revs and then drop back instantly

GAZZUZZ:

Revs or slips ?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2023
Yes, I got p0848

kingreign:

Have you scanned the transmission?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
p0848

dicksonadams:
what are the scanned codes
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by dicksonadams(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2023
XPaul:
p0848

sell oold gear and add money to buy tokunbo, thank me later
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by kingreign(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2023
XPaul:
Yes, I got p0848

Check if rodents has visited the wiring, if yes, fix it. If no, replace the 3rd clutch transmission switch on the transmission, drain and refill transmission fluid with genuine Honda DW-1.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
Hi all,

I have an update, I have changed my gear completely.

However, I have a different experience now.

When I accelerate quickly and then come to a stop due to traffic or cars ahead slowing down, I experience difficult accelerate back until I change my gear to Reverse (it then jerks) and then change back to Drive (it jerks again). Does anyone have any understanding of what I am experiencing.

It is barely two weeks that I changed the gear completely and the mechanic said I should give it like two weeks.

XPaul:

How can I fix this issue

Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by codemaster2much: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
XPaul:
Hi all,

When I accelerate quickly and then come to a stop due to traffic or cars ahead slowing down, I experience difficult accelerate back until I change my gear to Reverse (it then jerks) and then change back to Drive (it jerks again). Does anyone have any understanding of what I am experiencing.

It is barely two weeks that I changed the gear completely and the mechanic said I should give it like two weeks.

Please boss, how much to change the complete gear for that car?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by kingreign(m): 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
XPaul:
Hi all,

Hope the part seller is aware of the problem and gave you a warranty?
Scan the gear and post codes here let's assist.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
I will scan and share here.

kingreign:

Hope the part seller is aware of the problem and gave you a warranty?
Scan the gear and post codes here let's assist.
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by XPaul: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Omo...... Like 600k oh.

Apparently there is difference between Honda Accord 2010 Euro & USA.

USA gear is like 180k while Euro (mine) is like 550k - 600k

codemaster2much:

Please boss, how much to change the complete gear for that car?
Re: Honda Accord 2003 Gear Issues by Angrigowt: 6:39am On Oct 30, 2023
To see good gear in good condition as toks. Na miracle. U for just dey manage your gear like that. See am now. U can imagine tokunbo o. U never even enjoy gear reach 6months. Which stupid mechanic said u should wait for 2 weeks again, so he go fit chop u inside ba,ole. Himself wan milk you dry. That gear na scrap. Return am shaps.
Omo igbo don chop u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? / Honda Accord “D” Light Blinking / My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.