Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation (19263 Views)

Bugatti Divo Undergoes A Makeover, Unrevealed At Paris Auto Show - Photos / The Transformation Of SUV: A Quick Look In The Past / Transformation Of Mercedes Benz Logo: The Best Or Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by snipesdam(m): 10:19am On Aug 01, 2017
The UX concept will be the basis for cross over in 2019 or 2020 model

Lexus is undergoing its own transformation with the move to a new modular platform known as GA-L, for Global Architecture-Luxury. The transition of all of its unibody vehicles to the new platform gives Lexus the opportunity to deliver on promises to offer sportier vehicles that it says represent the future of the brand.

The first Lexus to roll out the new architecture was the new LC500, a nearly $100,000 halo coupe. The second is the LS flagship sedan. But GA-L will find its way onto more affordable vehicles, beginning with the NX crossover and the coming all-new UX subcompact crossover. Lexus' commitment to a sportier identity will come through as existing models are re-engineered onto GA-L and the brand has the opportunity to offer "F" performance packages on more models.

CT/UX: The entry-level CT compact is discontinued for the 2018 model year, which is not a surprise since the words "hybrid" and "car" are unfashionable in today's market. In its place will come a subcompact crossover based on the wild UX concept, for the 2019 or 2020 model year. The UX will ride on Lexus' version of the Toyota New Global Architecture, or TNGA, found in the new C-HR. That means that the UX will start life on a modern chassis with room for fine tuning, and perhaps a performance version beyond the styling elements of the F-Sport.

IS: Refreshed for the 2016 model year and not doing great on the sales charts, the compact sedan is likely to remain mostly unchanged until it is redesigned in 2019 or 2020 onto the new global platform. For 2018, the IS 200t with the turbo four-cylinder engine is renamed the IS 300. Models with the V-6 get five more hp. The IS 350 F-Sport package gets a limited-slip differential.

ES: The midsize sedan received a light refresh for 2016 along with its Toyota sibling, the Avalon. Both are produced in Georgetown, Ky., along with the closely related Camry that was redesigned on the TNGA platform. The Avalon is next to move to TNGA next year and the ES follows around the same time to Lexus' GA-L. Styling for the slab-sided ES should get a major workover. Changes for the 2018 model year are limited to trim packages and infotainment.

GS:​ Refreshed for the 2016 model year, the base 200t gets a name change to the GS 300. All models get infotainment updates. The GS-F performance model also carries over with few changes. Like all unibody Lexus, the GS is in line for a move to the new GA-L architecture once its current lifecycle is over in 2019 or so.

LS 500: The redesigned flagship sedan goes on sale early next year with lots of new stuff, including a more stylized body, a new twin-turbo V-6 engine and a ready-to-go F-Sport package. There's also a new hybrid drivetrain. It seems like a full F performance variant is a no-brainer for a company that wants to compete with the sporty Germans.

RC: The two-door coupe was new for 2015 and carries over with minor changes for the 2018 model year. The RC 200t is renamed the RC 300. Models with the V-6 engine get five more hp. The navigation screen grows to 10.25 inches from 7 inches with the new Enform infotainment system. On its current lifecycle, the RC is up for a refresh for 2019 or 2020. It could be redesigned onto the GA-L platform in 2021.

LC 500: The halo coupe is all-new for 2018 and off to a solid gallop with more than 400 units sold in June. It is also the first Lexus on the new global platform and surely the best-looking this side of the limited-edition LFA supercar that inspired it. Blessed with the 5.0-liter V-8 from the RC F and GS F, the halo coupe is expected to put some further distance from its lesser siblings by eventually getting an F variant with a forced-induction ​version of the V-8.

NX: The segment-leading NX is freshened for 2018 with updated styling, interior touches, a new infotainment system and safety features. The NX 200t gets a name change to NX 300. With its RAV4 sibling moving to the new TNGA architecture as part of a redesign next year, the NX will likely make its move to the GA-L counterpart in time to debut as a 2020 or a 2021 model.

RX:​ With a full redesign for the 2016 model year, Lexus' top seller carries over for 2018 with updates to its Enform infotainment and more available amenities on the base model and the hybrid. Looking at a typical six-year cycle, the next generation could show up in 2021 unless it jumps to GA-L sooner. The RX looks like a good candidate for full "F" treatment, which would send a powerful message to sporty segment rivals such as the BMW X5 and Audi Q5.

Look for a promised three-row RX — badly wanted by dealers — to appear at an auto show by the end of the year and on sale in 2018.

GX: Based on the 4Runner, Lexus' midsize body-on-frame SUV is getting long in the tooth, with its last refresh in 2014. It continues, however, to ride the trend toward light trucks. Perhaps only a shift in that trend will push Toyota/Lexus to update the model beyond updating some seat materials for 2018. Assuming a decadelong cycle for the chassis, look for a new GX in 2020 for the 2021 model year. Maybe.

LX: Lexus actually outsells the Toyota version of this body-on-frame Goliath, the Land Cruiser, in the large premium SUV category. Both were freshened for 2016, with the Lexus getting the big spindle grille. For the 2018 model year, the Lexus carries over with some Enform infotainment updates. A redesign could come with other body-on-frame platforms, such as the Toyota Tundra pickup. The Tundra is due for a new generation in 2019 or 2020.

1st image: UX concept for 2019 or 2020 model
2nd image: Lexus NX300 2018

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170731/OEM04/170739993/lexus-undergoes-its-own-transformation

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Airborne02(m): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2017
Wow
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Somatic(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lexus: making cars harder for panel beaters to repair.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Lexusgs430: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lexus running out of ideas.... It looks like a Toyota CHR (which is already in the market) .....

1 Like

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by TonyOputa(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2017
THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE. BEWARE OF 419 AND MY SON EMEKA.

grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Tilda30(f): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2017
wow I need one of those

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by maxiuc(m): 6:36am On Aug 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Lexus running out of ideas.... It looks like a Toyota CHR (which is already in the market) .....

Toyota and Lexus are partners

Check all their cars you will see for yourself

Is same thing as Honda and Acura

33 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by megafone: 6:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The two brands are of the same ownership naa

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Uniqueteco(m): 6:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Oluwa pick my call o, see ride, O God of St Teco! Eleda ma sun.
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by goingape1: 6:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Tilda30:
wow I need one of those
go and work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by dayleke: 6:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Somatic:

Funny you bro....

That's the whole idea na...
To always buy a new one...
Lol...
Na luxury we call am ke...

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by WhiskeyTangoFox: 6:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I beg to differ. On the contrary, I think the company is evolving along with current trends. The first pic is a concept car look alike. Dat's how good they getting

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by kingreign(m): 6:39am On Aug 02, 2017
The pursuit of perfection

Club_Lexus

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by maxiuc(m): 6:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Somatic:
hmmm that true

My car dosage use

Benz on Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

I love anything Benz

1 Like

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by cardinalstar091(m): 6:39am On Aug 02, 2017
How can i place an order
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by maxiuc(m): 6:40am On Aug 02, 2017
TonyOputa:

grin

papa I don't understand you ooo when are you dying let me inherit this land na

5 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Tilda30(f): 6:40am On Aug 02, 2017
goingape1:
go and work
if I get it as a gift is it bad
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by KingTom(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2017
maxiuc:
Toyota and Lexus are partners

Check all their cars you will see for yourself

Is same thing as Honda and Acura
Nissan and Infiniti sef grin

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by chiefolododo(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2017
Your son is a thief?
TonyOputa:

grin

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by mamapidgin: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2017
GOOD FOR LEXUS BUT ITS STILL NO WHERE MERCEDES-BENZ IS...
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Young03(m): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2017
Those people wey buy Rx450 thinking they have the latest

Better one don land o

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by robminds: 6:58am On Aug 02, 2017
Me love Lexus them grin
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by maxiuc(m): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2017
KingTom:
Nissan and Infiniti sef grin
I noticed their SUVs

Infiniti x35 and murano

Qx56 and Armada

Infact very similar

This manufacturers self

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by KingRex1(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Whoa a 3-row lexusRX is coming cool
Perfect portable family ride it would be

4 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by KingTom(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2017
maxiuc:
I noticed their SUVs

Infiniti x35 and murano

Qx56 and Armada

Infact very similar

This manufacturers self

Almost all of them have their luxury brands like Lexus to Toyota and Infiniti to Nissan

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by maxiuc(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Young03:
Those people wey buy Rx450 thinking they have the latest

Better one don land o
will the car be available this year

Because my broh said he wanted to buy car nobody have seen before in my village

He needs latest model of Lexus since it is what is reigning in the east

Malay don pay under 3years

This was somebody who can't afford a cup of garri but look how things turned around for my cousin broh
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Young03(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2017
maxiuc:

This was somebody who can't afford a cup of garri but look how things turned around for my cousin broh

He should order direct from the company
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by deepwater(f): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2017
maxiuc:

This was somebody who can't afford a cup of garri but look how things turned around for my cousin brO

Please tell you bro to remain legit in Malay, God will keep blessing his labour.

By the way, your bro couldn't afford a Cup of garri three years ago according to you. But now things have turned around in Malay,. And he wants to buy a car no one has seen in your village. It's like your bro misses those days he couldn't afford a cup of garri and truly desires to get back to those 'good' old days. undecided

Don't joke with village people. Dry can knack you "one" at will, as in destiny resetting sad

5 Likes

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Noblebrown7(m): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Astonishing..
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by maxiuc(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2017
deepwater:

Please tell you bro to remain legit in Malay, God will keep blessing his labour.

By the way, your bro couldn't afford a Cup of garri three years ago according to you. But now things have turned around in Malay,. And he wants to buy a car no one has seen in your village. It's like your bro misses those days he couldn't afford a cup of garri and truly desires to get back to those 'good' old days. undecided

Don't joke with village people. Dry can knack you "one" at will, as in destiny resetting sad
that's true ooo recently charm was found in his almost finished house in the village

I don't why people are so wicked

1 Like

Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Somatic:
Re: Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2017
maxiuc:

What does he for a living in Malaysia?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hypercar On Steroids,See The New 2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO / FRSC Seizes An Overloaded Vehicle In Bayesla (Photos) / Names of Cars You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.