Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue (13163 Views)

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / The Historical Events Of Toyota RAV 4 / Need Help With Possible Brain Box Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
An engine needs three things to work.

Ignition/Spark

Compression

Fuel

Use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle.

Are you getting all of the three?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2017
compression was never an issue.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
honmusa:

@op
I will help you diagnose this issue and even fix it free of charge if you can book a convenient time with me this week !!!

I will really appreciate bro.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:
An engine needs three things to work.

Ignition/Spark

Compression

Fuel

Use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle.

Are you getting all of the three?

I dont know what you mean by compression. But I am getting the remaining 2. The technician who checked it this morning said I might need to change the camshaft sensor (He call am shocking sensor anyway). To me it is a matter of trial by error sha on the part of the tehcnician. Oga Gazzuzz, I have towed the car to my house.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by nurey(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lexit:

I dont know what you mean by compression. But I am getting the remaining 2. The technician who checked it this morning said I might need to change the camshaft sensor (He call am shocking sensor anyway). To me it is a matter of trial by error sha on the part of the tehcnician. Oga Gazzuzz, I have towed the car to my house.

Knocking sensor, is your car fitted with Nissan engine grin? Cause it's rear/almost impossible for Toyota engine to have a failed knocking sensor.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Inception(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
nurey:

Knocking sensor, is your car fitted with Nissan engine grin? Cause it's rear/almost impossible for Toyota engine to have a failed knocking sensor.
very, very true.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lexit:

no sensor or part fixed to your engine directly is bad. The engine ecu took the hit for most of the damage
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2017
nurey:

Is knocking sensor same thing with camshaft sensor?
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lexit:

nope. Knock sensor cannot be bad, and if bad car will start.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lexit:

Camshaft isn't same as knock sensor, crankshaft is also different. But this things hardly go bad in a Toyota, cool down and retrace your steps, throwing parts at the car isn't going to be cheaper at all compared to finding a knowledgeable technician with the right tools to get the job done
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
nurey:

Camshaft is same as knock sensor
, crankshaft is different. But this things hardly go bad in a Toyota, cool down and retrace your steps, throwing parts at the car isn't going to be cheaper at all compared to finding a knowledgeable technician with the right tools to get the job done

cheap drugs undecided
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by SmartchoicesNG: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
nurey:

Camshaft is same as knock sensor, crankshaft is different. But this things hardly go bad in a Toyota, cool down and retrace your steps, throwing parts at the car isn't going to be cheaper at all compared to finding a knowledgeable technician with the right tools to get the job done

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by nurey(m): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

cheap drugs for sale undecided
Sorry I will pass, I don't do drugs. Thanks for asking grin
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by davit: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2017
nurey:

Camshaft isn't same as knock sensor, crankshaft is also different. But this things hardly go bad in a Toyota, cool down and retrace your steps, throwing parts at the car isn't going to be cheaper at all compared to finding a knowledgeable technician with the right tools to get the job done

He must be referring to crankshaft sensor then.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
any update?
I can offer free service on sunday.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
any update?
I can offer free service on sunday.
Oga Gazzuzz, the status quo is still same. I'm out of town now and won't be back until Sunday evening. I hope it is OK for you bro?
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Lexit:

Oga Gazzuzz, the status quo is still same. I'm out of town now and won't be back until Sunday evening. I hope it is OK for you bro?

I will consult with Mrs gazzuzz

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I will consult with Mrs gazzuzz
Mrs Gazzuzz please ó, grin
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2017
Lexit:

Mrs Gazzuzz please ó, grin

Has Mrs GAZZUZZ showed face on this forum?
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by davit: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
mayor2013:

Has Mrs GAZZUZZ showed face on this forum?

I wonder o. Gazzuzz come and clear the air on this.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
What's the update on this car
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2017
mayor2013:
What's the update on this car
Status quo still same bro. I m still looking for help.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
sadly i went with the wrong kind of vehicle sad

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Oops!!! What's the update
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
mayor2013:

Oops!!! What's the update

I turned back, car received too much of a beating.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 6:47am On Aug 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I turned back, car received too much of a beating.

grin grin
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 6:49am On Aug 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Oga Gazzuzz sorry about that. I tried reaching you yesterday but your number wasn't connecting. Try check the message I sent you.
All the same, I appreciate your gesture bro.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 7:21am On Aug 20, 2017
So what's the way forward?
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hello house, the car has been towed to Gazzuzz workshop at last. I trust his expertise in getting the whatever problem fixed. I will update as e dey go. Thanks everyone for your concern.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:34am On Aug 23, 2017

Car starting issues will be diagnosed at no cost.

Op will supply required parts.
focus will be on the No start issue and no further.

preliminary diagnosis started.

wiring is in a sorry state.

initiating diagnosis without the alternator connected.

engine cranks, starts and shuts off after 1-2secs.

scanning vehicle:

engine ecu throwing immobiliser codes

scanning immobiliser: Not connecting.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:11am On Aug 23, 2017
B2799 - Engine Immobilizer Malfunction

Possible causes
Faulty Key
Faulty transponder key amplifier
the Faulty Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Transponder key amplifier wire harness Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

B2799 Description This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is output when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects errors in communication between the Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU) assembly and the ECM, or in the communication lines. This DTC is also output when an engine start is attempted while the ECU communication ID between the transponder key ECU assembly and the ECM is different. Before troubleshooting for this DTC, make sure that there is no DTC detected in the transponder key ECU. If there is a key code-related DTC detected in the transponder key ECU assy, repair it first.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/b2799.html

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by dudebuck: 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lexit:

Thanks all. We later discovered that the brain box works after changing one of the fuses. The check light comes up now when rolled. But the problem that still persists is that the car cranks well but not starting. Different technicians around the place have checked but can't find the reason the car is not starting. The car has been scanned and no error code.
Cc: Nurey, Gazzuzz, honmusa
no codes doesn't mean no problem, but you must use a high level scan tool check if all the signals ie the cam shaft position sensor signal, crank shaft position sensor signal, etc. But before then, for an engine to start it needs three things, spark fuel and air, you must find out the missing component to get a direction. If no fuel, then check the fuel pump and find out why it isn't running. If no spark is present, find out why the ECU is not powering the plugs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Verify Prices When Your Mech Gives You A List Worth 70k / How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC / Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.