Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

English Test At The US Consulate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / English Test At The US Consulate (5131 Views)

United States Consulate General Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Assessment Test At Workforce / Ecobank 2017 Assessment Test At U.I On The 11th Of November 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hi ladies and gentle men. I got a mail from US consulate to come for English test following my application for a job there. Been a while after the test without hearing from them. Anybody with experience or any information about this will be appreciated.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Generaloluseye: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
yacha77:
Hi ladies and gentle men. I got a mail from US consulate to come for English test following my application for a job there. Been a while after the test without hearing from them. Anybody with experience or any information about this will be appreciated.
which position did u apply for? u can call.their line. they will telll u the latest. it is on their website.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
Best of luck..
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by joekes(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
yacha77:

When did you take the test and what position was that for?
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2017
joekes:

When did you take the test and what position was that for?
I took the test on may 30th for travel clerk

1 Like

Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 11:49am On Aug 02, 2017
Generaloluseye:

which position did u apply for? u can call.their line. they will telll u the latest. it is on their website.
Generaloluseye:

Generaloluseye:

thank you so much. Will call and let you know
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Generaloluseye: 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
yacha77:
thank you so much. Will call and let you know
ok.pls.do.asap. i called them just now.concerning mine too.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Generaloluseye:

what was the response and what position did u apply for?
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Gbaremu(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Generaloluseye:

The General !!! Please can you share with me the contact you called ? I also did a test there since February 16th and yet to hear from them.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Generaloluseye: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
Gbaremu:

The General !!! Please can you share with me the contact you called ? I also did a test there since February 16th and yet to hear from them.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

+23494614000
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Generaloluseye: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
yacha77:
what was the response and what position did u apply for?
warehouseman. i was told that the supervisor travelled for a long time and he just came back.some weeks ago. he is the obe to decide how many people out of those who met the requirements he will call
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Gbaremu(m): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Generaloluseye:

+23494614000

Thank you..
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Gbaremu(m): 4:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
Generaloluseye:

+23494614000

Please kindly check the number again and confirm. I think it should be seven(7) digits after the national code+234... Have you done test or yet to be invited for test ?
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Generaloluseye: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Gbaremu:

Please kindly check the number again and confirm. I think it should be seven(7) digits after the national code+234... Have you done test or yet to be invited for test ?
it is correct. add the +
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
The number is correct. Couldn't make the call today but wil sure do tomorrow. @Gbaremu pls share with us wat position you applied for ,how far you have gone and ur experience so far.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2017
As for me, I applied as a Maintenance Inspector last year December, called for test in February ad haven't heard from them since. I think I wasn't considered after the test.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
adekanmbi1986:
As for me, I applied as a Maintenance Inspector last year December, called for test in February ad haven't heard from them since. I think I wasn't considered after the test.
well maybe, but after my little research I got to knw they respond to applicants about their application after the test regardless. Anybody pls correct me if I am wrong.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
yacha77:
well maybe, but after my little research I got to knw they respond to applicants about their application after the test regardless. Anybody pls correct me if I am wrong.

They told us that they won't give feedback to any candidate not considered...
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Firebomb: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
yacha77:

They don't contact you if you're not considered after the language test. I did the language test for the position of Cultural Affairs Assistant some months ago and was never contacted afterwards. After a while, I called the HR Office and was told they made a shortlist already. At the end it of it all, it went to someone I met during the test, who hasn't even resumed 5 months later. So, NO they won't contact you if you don't pass the language test or you didn't make the final cut.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by mashin(m): 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
For your Child's Home Lesson Abuja, call 07035574108

Re: English Test At The US Consulate by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2017
Firebomb:

They don't contact you if you're not considered after the language test. I did the language test for the position of Cultural Affairs Assistant some months ago and was never contacted afterwards. After a while, I called the HR Office and was told they made a shortlist already. At the end it of it all, it went to someone I met during the test, who hasn't even resumed 5 months later. So, NO they won't contact you if you don't pass the language test or you didn't make the final cut.

Thanks for this info.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
?
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
Sorry guys for the late response. I called and was informed that the supervisor is yet to forward names of candidates to be contacted for the interview.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
yacha77:
Sorry guys for the late response. I called and was informed that the supervisor is yet to forward names of candidates to be contacted for the interview.

Maybe the Supervisor is still doing some permutations and combinations.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Generaloluseye: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
yacha77:
same here too for the post of warehouseman
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by yacha77: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
Na wa oooh. Well we dey wait them. Apart from the fact that I love the post I applied for the pepper make sense.lol

1 Like

Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Gbaremu(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Quite a long time my people. So sorry I have been away due to some health challenges but I thank God am back on my feet. I also applied as a Maintenance Inspector like @adekanmbi1986 and haven't heard from the consulate. I also applied recently as Residential Maintenance Supervisor but no news yet not even for test..
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by qeemus: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
I also applied for the post of travel .I took the test on 14th june but yet to hear from them.
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by ejifranks(m): 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
Applied for Procurement Supervisor position , wrote d English test on the 29th June. Haven't heard from them since then. Have sent two emails to know the status of my application . no response. I guess I will have to call them like you guys did.

3 Likes

Re: English Test At The US Consulate by ejifranks(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
yacha77:

i downloaded and read their LE policy and procedures. It is stated there that it is a Post Employemnt Discretion to either inform failed applicants of their standing or not to. It is not mandatory and the selecting officer may choose not to do so. I think they choose the " no information option" because I know one or two persons who hasn't heard from them after taking the language tests since 2015.

Another insight I got after reading the policy is that even though one may pass the language test cut off, that doesn't guarantee a call for interview. Its the supervisor of the department your application falls under that gets to choose those to call and not the HR people. Infact the HR powers end at the language test and also umpiring the interview day process. God will answer our call no matter what. Amen

2 Likes

Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Gemc3(f): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hi everyone. Did anybody apply for Visa assistant?
Re: English Test At The US Consulate by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
Gemc3:
Hi everyone. Did anybody apply for Visa assistant?
Yes! if u are referring to d position advertised on the 23rd of june , 2017.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drury Industries Interview Invitatiion / Good Morning, For Those Who Wrote The 2017 Application Assessment Tests, Please / Apply For ARM Plc Young Talent Programme (AYTP) 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.