Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows (1083 Views)

A Nigeria Going On Ghana Trip From France / Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. / Advice-preparing For Ghana Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by ceeteed(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2017
Enjoyed the discuss on Travelling to Ghana by road here.

Interesting and educative.

Planning to travel to Accra, Ghana for a Program soon.

Will be delighted to have updated information (as of now) on:

1. What I need to get ready to travel by road and recommended Transporter

2. What hotel is recommended and affordable, neat and near or around Ghana national museum (bed and breakfast budget of N5k to N7k daily)

3. Current exchange rate of Naira to Ghana and best place to change the cash

4. Average Taxi rate

5. Recommended food and places to visit to make a 5 days stay enjoyable

6. Security details to pay attention to

7. Any other relevant information for an interesting cross countries trip.

Thank you.

cc: lalasticlala and Travel mods (please help push this to FP for benefit of others)
Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by ceeteed(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
cc:
@Otunba4eva
@Harzontorh
@Emmanuelstm
@Souljaboi1
@V0lv0
@nairacountry

My dear people looking forward to receive valuable inputs from you all.

Thank you.
Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by ezzylee(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
ceeteed:

1. What I need to get ready to travel by road and recommended Transporter You'll need your passport or any other means of identification. You'll also need to get a yellow card for vaccination (your bus company/transporter would tell you the price).
I'll suggest you follow GUO. You'll leave lagos around 6am and get into the Ghana border (aflao) around 12pm or 1pm depending on how fast your driver is. Most likely, you'll get to the final bus park in Ghana between 4-6pm

2. What hotel is recommended and affordable, neat and near or around Ghana national museum (bed and breakfast budget of N5k to N7k daily) can't really help you on this one

3. Current exchange rate of Naira to Ghana and best place to change the cash as at Sunday when I was coming back, it was 1000 naira to 12.4 cedis. You can change at either lacondji (border between Togo and Benin) or you can change at aflao (border between Ghana and Togo)

4. Average Taxi rate this depends on where youre going and how merciful your taxi driver would be. Sha be looking to spend nothing less than 20 cedis on cab. My best advice would be for you to use Uber and you'll thank me later.

5. Recommended food and places to visit to make a 5 days stay enjoyable go to labadi Beach in the afternoon then when it's night time, go to osu (so many nice bars and clubs over there). I'll recommend you go to kona bar in osu, very nice place.
Also Try and visit Accra mall. For food, try eating wache(that's like rice and beans but the rice has the color of the beans), put shitor on it ooooo. Also try their almighty jollof rice and decide which is better between Nigerian jollof and Ghanaian jollof. Fufu and light soup or groundnut soup. Banku with any soup you think would go with it (try it with okro).

6. Security details to pay attention to none really..

7. Any other relevant information for an interesting cross countries trip.none for now

Thank you.

cc: lalasticlala and Travel mods (please help push this to FP for benefit of others)

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by ceeteed(m): 7:23am On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=ezzylee post=59094660][/quote]
Thank you very much for the wonderful response. I will work on them .
Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by ezzylee(m): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2017
ceeteed:

Thank you very much for the wonderful response. I will work on them .

Anytime.
Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by seunny4lif(m): 7:38am On Aug 03, 2017
But when I travelled down all west Africa.

I only hold my passport.
The only 2 problems of ECOWAS are Nigeria boader and Guinea-Conakry border
The rest countries don't really have your time.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by Harzontorh: 10:53am On Aug 03, 2017
ceeteed:

1. What I need to get ready to travel by road and recommended Transporter

2. What hotel is recommended and affordable, neat and near or around Ghana national museum (bed and breakfast budget of N5k to N7k daily)

3. Current exchange rate of Naira to Ghana and best place to change the cash

4. Average Taxi rate

5. Recommended food and places to visit to make a 5 days stay enjoyable

6. Security details to pay attention to

7. Any other relevant information for an interesting cross countries trip.

Thank you.

Another Answers smiley -

1. You'll Need your Travel Documents e.g Passport and yellow vaccination card. if none, then have at least your I.D Card.

2. Hotels options are plentiful near the museum .. try google 'Paloma Hotel Spintex' if its expensive... then am sure you would surel get cheaper options around.

3. (One) 1 Ghanaian Cedi equals
82.91 Nigerian Naira (you can google that). Change cash at Aflao border if possible.. or right from Nigeria (at probably car park) Change with Hausas only pls (experience*).

4. Taxi costs Between Gh5 to Gh10 ( including Uber Taxis).

5. Almost all main Restaurants in the city centre are cool. Then the food depends on your choice. varieties from Kenke to Waakye to Desserts to Swallows back.. Depends on type of restaurants. Walk down the Streets of the Castle Ridge. Visit the Independence Square and Take Pictures there (Its a Must!).

6. Don not go near Ghettos.. any dirty place in Accra is no go area. And never near dark places t night. Accra is well Illuminated at night so follow Lights as Light is Life.

7. Smile always.. Do not try taking photos at borders. (if you go by air then make sure you book morning fight and its itenaries).
*You may also consider not showing your passport at all at Aflao border.. especialy when you are going in (5-10 cedis is enough for the 'stress' Nigerian Passport pass trough at that border').

P.S : Chairman Pack your Bag, You are Good to Go !

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by ceeteed(m): 12:55am On Aug 06, 2017
Harzontorh:

Another Answers smiley -

1. You'll Need your Travel Documents e.g Passport and yellow vaccination card. if none, then have at least your I.D Card.

2. Hotels options are plentiful near the museum .. try google 'Paloma Hotel Spintex' if its expensive... then am sure you would surel get cheaper options around.

3. (One) 1 Ghanaian Cedi equals
82.91 Nigerian Naira (you can google that). Change cash at Aflao border if possible.. or right from Nigeria (at probably car park) Change with Hausas only pls (experience*).

4. Taxi costs Between Gh5 to Gh10 ( including Uber Taxis).

5. Almost all main Restaurants in the city centre are cool. Then the food depends on your choice. varieties from Kenke to Waakye to Desserts to Swallows back.. Depends on type of restaurants. Walk down the Streets of the Castle Ridge. Visit the Independence Square and Take Pictures there (Its a Must!).

6. Don not go near Ghettos.. any dirty place in Accra is no go area. And never near dark places t night. Accra is well Illuminated at night so follow Lights as Light is Life.

7. Smile always.. Do not try taking photos at borders. (if you go by air then make sure you book morning fight and its itenaries).
*You may also consider not showing your passport at all at Aflao border.. especialy when you are going in (5-10 cedis is enough for the 'stress' Nigerian Passport pass trough at that border').

P.S : Chairman Pack your Bag, You are Good to Go !

Interesting to know and a delightful expose.

Thanks.
Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by agog: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
How much is the fare by road to and fro?

thnks
Re: Ghana Trip On The Radar- Need To Knows by mslilybeth(f): 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
Okay, hi, I am not sure of other transport companies, but I know about the young shall grow, they charge 17,500 naira including yellow card fee when going from Nigeria and 1800 cedis when returning back from the trip other transport companies price should be in that range.

(1) (Reply)

17 Kano Men Die In Fatal Motor Accident While Returning From Friend's Wedding / Is It Possible To Use A Ghanian International Passport To Travel To Trinidad &t / Do We Have To Travel Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.