Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters (7570 Views)

Buhari Cuts A Cake With Ojukwu During His 70th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by rainylad(f): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2017
nextprince:

Good.

Why then should their activities bother me?

..Well you tell me..You claim Igbos contribute nothing to Nigeria yet hate IPOB for fighting for secession and helping you lots to be 'free' from Igbos..You are just like the typical lame 'one Nigerianists',who claims to be the provider of Igbos yet fights tooth and nail to stay attached to their providee..Thats simply madness at its peak

....Your lamentations and bitter comments against Igbos,IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu are littered all over this forum..yet you claim their activities does not 'bother you' undecided.

..If you must lie,then lie with sense and stop embarrassing yourself.

11 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
don't get me wrong here in nairaland when Igbo's lay claim to asaba Yoruba ll be screaming land grabbers but when the first coup is mentioned they ll be fast to say its an Igbo coup .now if nzeogwu from who is from delta state is not Igbo but will be remembered as Igbo whenever the coup is remembered my friend what's the rationale?

Only mischievous people say that "Igbo coup" nonsense. Tribe was the last thing on those youngsters' minds.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

The pogroms did no cause the war. The immediate cause of the war was that Ojukwu would not accept Gowon as his commander. The pogroms could have been contained just like today or Igbos could have left without there being a war

Can you imagine what is coming out of your mouth?

30,000 Igbos slaughtered in a few days and it's not enough to cause a leader to order a secession?

So Gowon is worth 30,000 Souls?

Are you a little child? grin

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by honourhim: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2017
Nzeogwu coup was branded Igbo coup and i ve never seen igbos denying it despite the fact that he is from Delta. I ve also not seen Nzeogwu`s kinsmen coming out to tell Nigerians that the coup was not an Igbo coup rather a Delta coup.
Such display of hypocrisy by the monarch is quite a shame.
When it is for bad they won't tell the world that they are Delta or Ikwerre and not Igbo but when it is for good they quickly deny being Igbo. Shame.
Meanwhile i am not an ipob member and i dont care about Biafra or Nnamdi Kanu. I prefer a United southern Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Ngokafor(f): 7:30am On Aug 02, 2017
nextprince:

Pls stop quoting me.

..and if i dont stop what will you do??...keep disgracing yourself here then..yeye dey smell.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Amarabae(f): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2017
Nzeogwu's coup caused many Igbo lives to be lost. Did this monarch put that into consideration?

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by chimeee: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

The pogroms did no cause the war. The immediate cause of the war was that Ojukwu would not accept Gowon as his commander. The pogroms could have been contained just like today or Igbos could have left without there being a war

why do u think they remove history, it's just to feed u with information like this outside the school, if hundred of igbo is killed in the north there will repraisal in the south that's is the know fact, have u heard that igbo started fighting because thay have not being allowed to rule even though they are very competent and qualified for the job, we are rational human being, how can u kill more than 50,000 igbos and their so country could not protect them, and you expect ojukwu to keep calm and congratulate u, it's Nigeria that brought war to biafra land after biafra sovereign state was declare that is the truth

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by 0nyedikachukwu: 7:34am On Aug 02, 2017
well, he is entitled to his own opinion and I think he should stick to it. since he believes kanu's pursuit won't do his kingdom any good, he should get ready to join the Hausa's when Biafra stands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by nextprince: 7:34am On Aug 02, 2017
Ngokafor:

..and if i dont stop what will you do??...keep disgracing yourself here then..yeye dey smell.

Ignoring button activated.

Not by force.

Get Funbact A

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by honourhim: 7:36am On Aug 02, 2017
Amarabae:
Nzeogwu's coup caused many Igbo lives to be lost.
Did this monarch put that into consideration?

When they are on the bad side of the news they won't tell the world that they are delta or Ikwerre rather they will keep quiet and allow the world to scream Igbo but when they are on the good side of the news they quickly tell the world that they are not Igbo. Quite a shame.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Ngokafor(f): 7:36am On Aug 02, 2017
nextprince:

Ignoring button activated.

Not by force.

Get Funbact A

..That must be one of your female family member...You can use one for yourself too cos its all in you.

13 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by nextprince: 7:37am On Aug 02, 2017
rainylad:

..Well you tell me..You claim Igbos contribute nothing to Nigeria yet hate IPOB for fighting for secession and helping you lots to be 'free' from Igbos..You are just like the typical lame 'one Nigerianists',who claims to be the provider of Igbos yet fights tooth and nail to stay attached to their providee..Thats simply madness at its peak

....Your lamentations and bitter comments against Igbos,IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu are littered all over this forum..yet you claim their activities does not 'bother you' undecided.

..If you must lie,then lie with sense and stop embarrassing yourself.

I don't insult ibos, God is my witness.

My comments on crime sections are directed towards criminals and I don't give a damn where they come from.

Yoruba, Hausa & ibos, same thing, no difference. I'm allergic to crime.

But if you think all crimes are committed by ibos, so be it.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by nextprince: 7:40am On Aug 02, 2017
Ngokafor:

..That must be your female family member...You can use one for yourself too cos its all in you.

E pain am. grin grin

E really pain am. grin grin

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Can you imagine what is coming out of your mouth?

30,000 Igbos slaughtered in a few days and it's not enough to cause a leader to order a secession?

So Gowon is worth 30,000 Souls?

Are you a little child? grin

Many people are also being killed today? Who has declared secession? There were terrorists but there were also decent people who shielded their Igbo neighbors. Ojukwu wanted the pogroms because it aligned with his aim. Example, if Ojukwu was made Head of state there would have been no war, even if the pogrom was 20 times bigger.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by honourhim: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2017
nextprince:

I don't insult ibos, God is my witness.

My comments on crime sections are directed towards criminals and I don't give a damn where they come from.

Yoruba, Hausa & ibos, same thing, no difference. I'm allergic to crime.

But if you think all crimes are committed by ibos, so be it.

Don't allow ipob touts to drag you into nonsense. A good number of us in Igbo land have stopped arguing with them because they are so brainwashed and so abusive.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Amarabae(f): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:

When they are on the bad side of the news they won't tell the world that they are delta or Ikwerre rather they will keep quiet and allow the world to scream Igbo but when they are on the good side of the news they quickly tell the world that they are not Igbo. Quite a shame.
its just funny.
Where was the monarch when nzeogwu coup was tagged an Igbo coup?
He was quiet.
And how does he expect any Igbo leader to be close to Nzeogwu?
When any closeness to that name will raise eyebrows in the north due to the coup saga.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

Many people are also being killed today? Who has delayed secession? There were terrorists but there were also decent who shielded their Igbo neighbors. Ojukwu wanted the pogroms because it aligned with his aim. Example, if Ojukwu was made Head of state there would have been no war, even if the pogrom was 20 times bigger.

Where has 30,000 person's of a single tribe been killed in Nigeria in a few days now? Tell us.

Ojukwu wanted the pogroms? Can you imagine?

#Products of a failed educational system in a failed country#

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by nextprince: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:

Don't allow ipob touts to drag you into nonsense. A good number of us in Igbo land have stopped arguing with them because they are so brainwashed and so abusive.

Okay sir.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 7:50am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:

What is your planned solution to Igbo problems, let's start with the fulani herdsman menace.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2017
0nyedikachukwu:
well, he is entitled to his own opinion and I think he should stick to it. since he believes kanu's pursuit won't do his kingdom any good, he should get ready to join the Hausa's when Biafra stands.

Do u realize that most Igbo people and virtually no Igbo leader is with this your Biafra. Ipob is not mainstream Igbo at all. It's just that they make a LOT of noise.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 7:55am On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Where has 30,000 person's of a single tribe been killed in Nigeria in a few days now? Tell us.

Ojukwu wanted the pogroms? Can you imagine?

#Products of a failed educational system in a failed country#

Answer this question honestly:
Would there have been a war if Aguiyi Ironsi was head of state regardless of pogroms?
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by xxgig(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2017
Guestlander:

It is always the fault of other people. When will you start taking responsibility for your actions?
it is the truth na.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by honourhim: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

What is your planned solution to Igbo problems, let's start with the fulani herdsman menace.

What have our governors done to improve igbo land with all the monthly allocations they ve been collecting over the years running into trillions of naira?
These are the issues ipob should pursue before blaming other people.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 8:08am On Aug 02, 2017
chimeee:
why do u think they remove history, it's just to feed u with information like this outside the school, if hundred of igbo is killed in the north there will repraisal in the south that's is the know fact, have u heard that igbo started fighting because thay have not being allowed to rule even though they are very competent and qualified for the job, we are rational human being, how can u kill more than 50,000 igbos and their so country could not protect them, and you expect ojukwu to keep calm and congratulate u, it's Nigeria that brought war to biafra land after biafra sovereign state was declare that is the truth

U don't secede because of terrorists. You contain terrorists. The pogroms did not cause the war. There would have been no war if Aguiyi was HOS no matter how bad the pogroms
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by net282: 8:11am On Aug 02, 2017
In tittle to his opinion

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Yyeske(m): 8:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Nnamdi kanu and his IPOB miscreants disgracing themselves since 1856BC

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:
Nzeogwu coup was branded Igbo coup and i ve never seen igbos denying it despite the fact that he is from Delta. I ve also not seen Nzeogwu`s kinsmen coming out to tell Nigerians that the coup was not an Igbo coup rather a Delta coup.
Such display of hypocrisy by the monarch is quite a shame.
When it is for bad they won't tell the world that they are Delta or Ikwerre and not Igbo but when it is for good they quickly deny being Igbo. Shame.
Meanwhile i am not an ipob member and i dont care about Biafra or Nnamdi Kanu. I prefer a United southern Nigeria.

Any half-brained person knows "Igbo" was the last thing on those young soldiers' minds. Having said that, Nzeogwu was an Igbo boy.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

Answer this question honestly:
Would there have been a war if Aguiyi Ironsi was head of state regardless of pogroms?

Sit down and let me educate you. Look at how it happened.

There was a counter coup to deal with those army officers who executed a coup on January 1966, this counter coup was in July 1966. Aguiyi Ironsi was head of state. The people who did the counter coup killed Aguiyi Ironsi, Fajuyi and a few others, they took over power and announced Yakubu Gowon as the head of government. Ojukwu never said anything, he was not a coupist and he was sitting in Enugu as the eastern governor. Then the pogroms started, stories upon stories of thousands of southerners, mostly igbos being killed, raped, beheaded and their heads paraded on the streets of Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and Lagos was all in the news. Trains laden with Igbos were stopped and hundreds of civilians were brought down and killed, some corpses were returned to the east without the head.

Ojukwu tried a lot to intervene, he called on the country's leadership to save the life of Igbos, nobody did anything to stop the killings, more riots broke out, even the Igbos sheltered at barracks and emir of Katsina palace were brought out and killed in the second round. The emir begged but the brainwashed mobs refused. The new president stood and watched from Dodan barracks. Ojukwu called for arrest and punishment of the offenders, nothing happened. Igbos has been chased away from all their positions in the North and Lagos. Our people returned home. Ojukwu was still in charge in the east. He never asked about Gowon.

Then negotiations started, Ojukwu told the country leadership that the Igbos no longer felt safe in Nigeria. He advocated for confedracy. Negotiations took everyone to Aburi, because Ojukwu no longer felt safe going to Lagos, African nations tried to broker peace in the talks. In the end, they all signed to have a confederation in Aburi. Gowon signed and Ojukwu signed, everyone left for Nigeria.

Gowon came back to Nigeria and decided to withdraw from his agreement in Aburi. Ojukwu now consulted with Igbo chiefs, they have the go ahead in a lot of meeting which culminated in the Ahiara declaration in Mbaise, current Imo state. Then Ojukwu declared Biafra. All igbos were inside Igboland when Ojukwu declared Biafra.

The federal government of Gowon was not happy about this and they swore to bring back Biafra to Nigeria. They attacked the Igbos first.

Now back to your question, where does Gowon seniority or Aguiyi Ironsi being the head of state after the pogroms come in? Aguiyi Ironsi who was killed even before the pogroms? Or Ojukwu who negotiated and got an agreement from Nigeria, only to be disappointed?

Try to read history, emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:

What have our governors done to improve igbo land with all the monthly allocations they ve been collecting over the years running into trillions of naira?
These are the issues ipob should pursue before blaming other people.

See, stop hiding behind your finger to dodge the question I asked you. What has Igbo allocation got to do with Fulani herdsmen? I am waiting for your answer. And if you are ignorant, just tell me to educate you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

U don't secede because of terrorists. You contain terrorists. The pogroms did not cause the war. There would have been no war if Aguiyi was HOS no matter how bad the pogroms

You contain terrorists? Buratay has been ordered back to contain the terrorists who he defeated in 2015 grin

The people who carried out the pogroms were not terrorists, they are normal residents of the city of Kano and Kaduna. Nothing like terrorism.

Aguiyi Ironsi cannot be head of state to stop the pogroms because he was dead before the pogroms started.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by rainylad(f): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:

...nna na nne gi bukwa tout,onye ka,ina akpo tout??..You had better respect yourself here..
That is how some of you keeps being stupidd disgracing yourself here daily...when the north and SW starts to attack and malign Igbos..lets see whether they will single 'IPOB touts' out and leave you and your oversabi apologists alone because 'IPOB tout' is written on the foreheads of IPOB supporters...

..Delusional folks like you will be the first to be dealt with by them cos you will be too lost in your fantasy World to see the danger untill its too late.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Ikenna0b: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:

I told myself I'll serve out my ban in peace but your useless asses had to make me come up here.

Where on that f2king article did he say he's not igbo?

A freaking monarch was paid off by some useless politician to screech and your monkey ass is using it as an attempt to attack anioma. Thunder fire your useless head. You, hammerF and that Amarabae ashawo. Thunder destroy una worthless heads. Ndi ara

Didn't your obi of Onitsha as well as your Nri do the same thing literally last week. Show me a comment of you where you are advising and attacking onitsha and nri of telling the world "they are not igbo". Why are you screeching like a goat and insulting anioma. Carry your grievances with ikwerre amd don't drag us to the same category as those people.

Btw: goat Okpanam community have never denied being igbo be it past or present. Next time speak wtf you know instead of screeching your saliva everywhere. If you want to attack a community for denying being igbo after igbo took a blunt for wtf they did then the right place goes to ika people since most of the foot soliders during the "igbo coup" were them.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly / Ths Is The Aluu4 Debtor: Coxson Lelebori Lucky, Alias ‘bright’ / FG Reassures Nigerians Of 20,000MW Of Electricity By 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.