Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters (7578 Views)

Buhari Cuts A Cake With Ojukwu During His 70th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

If u were not so blinded by small-minded tribalism, what's the big difference between Yoruba and Igbo? If u meet a Yoruba man in a foreign country you'd be happy u have a brother around. Many Igbos are happily married to Yorubas, etc

The only difference between Igbos and yorubas is bravery and cowardice.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 10:47am On Aug 02, 2017
tifany89:

How will there be progrom in the first place with Ironsi as Head of State? How is that even remotely possible? When he is in control of the armed forces? Except he has losses control of his men and office. Are you even aware that the army joined in the killings of unarmed innocent civilians for no just cause? If you are the president, will you allow your kinsmen to be killed senselessly for whatever reasons? You see why your analogy isn't rational and is best discarded

You sound foolish. Why is there Boko Haram while Buhari is predident? I wasn't making an anology. It was a hypothetical question. Ironsi' tribe was not important to the question. If anybody was there that Ojukwu respected and was willing to take command from, there would have been no war. You don't have to be a genius to see that.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

I know many cowardly Igbo people and many brave Yoruba people. Do u think Soyinka is a coward? Do you think Rochas is braver than Fayose or FFK?
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Guestlander: 10:58am On Aug 02, 2017
evilyoruba:

Do you now love Nzeogwu for killing the Hausa Fulani thin god Diabolical fetish people

Daibolic bla bla bla, afonja bla bla bla like some programed robot. Did you bother to read the comment I responded to? I doubt it. Your fingers are probably faster than your reading ability.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by tifany89(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

You sound foolish. Why is there Boko Haram while Buhari is predident? I wasn't making an anology. It was a hypothetical question. Ironsi' tribe was not important to the question. If anybody was there that Ojukwu respected and was willing to take command from, there would have been no war. You don't have to be a genius to see that.
It's you dat is sounding foolish, how does Boko haram a terrorist group relate to the issue on ground? So because someone you respected is the Head of state/ president so then you will be willing to trade the lives of your kinsmen? Shows how ignorantly daft you are. Not everybody would be as idiotic as you. If you had been more reasonable and matured in your comments, I would have taken time to school you with examples but as it is I will allow you wallow in your ignorance. Douchebag

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by tifany89(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

If Igbos started being killed in the North today, do u think there would be secession and war? No. It would be resolved within the system. There would be war only if an Ojukwu were there to goad Igbos onto it.
So much Ignorance on display

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by OAUTemitayo: 11:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Cowardly but brave enough to send just Awolowo, OBJ, Alani Akinrinade and BLACK SCORPION to finish off 3 million BRAVE POTOPOTO PEOPLE
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2017
DocHMD:

^^^^ And this is one of the yorubas who claim to be 'sophiaticated and intelligent". Don't be suprised if he also claims to live in America when he is actual typing off from the underneath of one brown muddy hut in oshogbo.

There are, what, 400 tribes in Nigeria. You have no way of knowing mine. Secondly I don't think Yorubas are any more "sophiaticated and intelligent" than Igbos. You have genuses and dummies on both sides. I have to admit Igbos SEEM to have a better instinct for business but I think it is mainly due t their apprenticeship system
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2017
tifany89:

It's you dat is sounding foolish, how does Boko haram a terrorist group relate to the issue on ground? So because someone you respected is the Head of state/ president so then you will be willing to trade the lives of your kinsmen? Shows how ignorantly daft you are. Not everybody would be as idiotic as you. If you had been more reasonable and matured in your comments, I would have taken time to school you with examples but as it is I will allow you wallow in your ignorance. Douchebag

I find your name-calling funny. That's what happens when one has no argument. Just as Buhari can't prevent BH, Ironsi can't sit in Lagos and prevent an Hausa man killing his Igbo neighbor in North. The point is that Ojukwu would have worked with him to stem it, just as he could have chosen to work with Gowon, a devout christian
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 11:26am On Aug 02, 2017
tifany89:

So much Ignorance on display

So you concede the point: If Igbos were to start being killed in the north today, there won't be any secession and war because there won't be an Ojukwu to goad Igbos into it. It would be resolved within the system.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by aniomafirstson: 11:45am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

So you concede the point: If Igbos were to start being killed in the north today, there won't be any secession and war because there won't be an Ojukwu to goad Igbos into it. It would be resolved within the system.
Try it and see

touch any igbo man on oct 1st and see

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by chimeee: 11:58am On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

U don't secede because of terrorists. You contain terrorists. The pogroms did not cause the war. There would have been no war if Aguiyi was HOS no matter how bad the pogroms
what are saying exactly, no need arguing with u, is just a waste of time
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by chimeee: 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
the pogrom was orchestrated by both the civilian and security officials in northan part it seems like some people have taught it was done by terrorist
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Ojiofor: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

The pogroms did no cause the war. The immediate cause of the war was that Ojukwu would not accept Gowon as his commander. The pogroms could have been contained just like today or Igbos could have left without there being a war

Gowon's refusal to honour Aburi agreement was the reason Ojukwu declared Biafra and Gowon declared war on Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Godfullsam(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Godfullsam(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
"People divided against themselves", that is the best way to describe the Igbo race.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by 7lives: 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

The only difference is stupidity and intelligence.
Show me the bravery in standing in front of moving trailer.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by 7lives: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
aniomafirstson:

Try it and see

Rubbish the ones that happened after the civil war, what have your people done about it?.
Am all ears begin tell me tory.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Sprumbabafather: 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
ameri9ja:

I know many cowardly Igbo people and many brave Yoruba people. Do u think Soyinka is a coward? Do you think Rochas is braver than Fayose or FFK?

Soyinka, Ffk and fayose are not cowards, but what is 3 men in a tribe of millions of cowards?
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Michael004: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

And making his senior the head of state would have just made us all forget the over 30, 000 men, women and children murdered in cold blood in Kano, Katsina and Lagos states?

You can twist history as much as you want, but the Igbo man is not power hungry like the rest of the country. The war was fought for only one reason, the pogroms and Nigerians refusal to keep to the Aburi accord agreement which they signed.
Lies, igbos are hungry for power, just that others are smarter than them. Igbos are greedy and want to dominate others, more reason they hate Yorubas because they do not allow them their wish. Igbo are not hungry for power but killed all other region leaders in order to dominate. Are you OK?
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Organs(m): 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
LeFreakSoChic:
The Ugboani of Okpanam, His Royal Highness, Michael Mbanefo Ogbolu, yesterday warned the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu and his supporters to spare his kingdom of the ongoing campaign for a sovereign state of Biafra.

The monarch, who recalled that the former leader of the agitation, late Chief Emeka Odimegwu- Ojukwu, failed the kingdom when one of the Biafran warlords, late Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu died, wondering why Kanu wanted to visit his kingdom.

Kanu had allegedly sent emissaries to the monarch to notify him of his proposed visit to his kingdom to hold a rally to campaign for Biafra’s actualisation.

But the monarch, who expressed displeasure at the manner the original agitators for Biafra dumped Nzeogwu before and after his death in Okpanam, Oshimili North Local Government Area of the state, urged Kanu and his teeming supporters to steer-clear of his kingdom.

He said: “It was only the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo that participated actively in the burial ceremony of Nzeogwu. Odimegwu- Ojukwu neither visited him nor did anything to help his family until his death.

So, is it now that magic will be done?” The monarch threw his weight behind the clamour for restructuring the polity, but disassociated himself from any form of violent means in achieving it.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/08/biafra-nzeogwus-kinsmen-angry-ojukwu-kanu-supporters/

Yoruba press, how far, how the "amebo" work dey treat you? (NL changed my n-g-b-a-t-i word, fyi)

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by hammerF: 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ikenna0b:

I told myself I'll serve out my ban in peace but your useless asses had to make me come up here.

Where on that f2king article did he say he's not igbo?

A freaking monarch was paid off by some useless politician to screech and your monkey ass is using it as an attempt to attack anioma. Thunder fire your useless head. You, hammerF and that Amarabae ashawo. Thunder destroy una worthless heads. Ndi ara

Didn't your obi of Onitsha as well as your Nri do the same thing literally last week. Show me a comment of you where you are advising and attacking onitsha and nri of telling the world "they are not igbo". Why are you screeching like a goat and insulting anioma. Carry your grievances with ikwerre amd don't drag us to the same category as those people.

Btw: goat Okpanam community have never denied being igbo be it past or present. Next time speak wtf you know instead of screeching your saliva everywhere. If you want to attack a community for denying being igbo after igbo took a blunt for wtf they did then the right place goes to ika people since most of the foot soliders during the "igbo coup" were them.

nwanne madu, even me liked ur comment...lollz! dat is how it is suppose to be in family matters, everybody talk how it is affecting dem. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by DerideGull(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
LeFreakSoChic:
The Ugboani of Okpanam, His Royal Highness, Michael Mbanefo Ogbolu, yesterday warned the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu and his supporters to spare his kingdom of the ongoing campaign for a sovereign state of Biafra.

The monarch, who recalled that the former leader of the agitation, late Chief Emeka Odimegwu- Ojukwu, failed the kingdom when one of the Biafran warlords, late Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu died, wondering why Kanu wanted to visit his kingdom.

Kanu had allegedly sent emissaries to the monarch to notify him of his proposed visit to his kingdom to hold a rally to campaign for Biafra’s actualisation.

But the monarch, who expressed displeasure at the manner the original agitators for Biafra dumped Nzeogwu before and after his death in Okpanam, Oshimili North Local Government Area of the state, urged Kanu and his teeming supporters to steer-clear of his kingdom.

He said: “It was only the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo that participated actively in the burial ceremony of Nzeogwu. Odimegwu- Ojukwu neither visited him nor did anything to help his family until his death.

So, is it now that magic will be done?” The monarch threw his weight behind the clamour for restructuring the polity, but disassociated himself from any form of violent means in achieving it.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/08/biafra-nzeogwus-kinsmen-angry-ojukwu-kanu-supporters/

Why is Ndigbo are not blessed with wise traditional rulers? Must Ojukwu attend the burial of every patriotic Biafran that died during the war?
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by Ngozi123(f): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
honourhim:
Nzeogwu coup was branded Igbo coup and i ve never seen igbos denying it despite the fact that he is from Delta. I ve also not seen Nzeogwu`s kinsmen coming out to tell Nigerians that the coup was not an Igbo coup rather a Delta coup.
Such display of hypocrisy by the monarch is quite a shame.
When it is for bad they won't tell the world that they are Delta or Ikwerre and not Igbo but when it is for good they quickly deny being Igbo. Shame.
Meanwhile i am not an ipob member and i dont care about Biafra or Nnamdi Kanu. I prefer a United southern Nigeria.

The monarch didn't deny his Igbo heritage, from what I've read.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
aniomafirstson:

Try it and see

There will be nothing to see. Soldiers and police will be used to contain the Arewa fools. Which is what would have happened in '66 if Ojukwu had accepted Gowon as HOS.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by TheKingdom: 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
This is why there needs to be Biafra because too much "Nigger Area" has messed up people's minds, that they reason like Niggers.

Imagine the "monarch", who by the way has no modern hospital in his "kingdom", nor highway system, has not apologized for the ill-fated coup of 1966 that set the East and even Midwest backwards.

NONSENSE OLD FOOLS

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ojiofor:

Gowon's refusal to honour Aburi agreement was the reason Ojukwu declared Biafra and Gowon declared war on Biafra.

See how u just defeated your argument. U just admitted the war could have been avoided despite the pogroms. U just said yourself Ojukwu declared the war because of Aburi. And why was there a need to have Aburi? Why couldn't Gowon, as a military dictator, have ordered his underling, Ojukwu, as to what to do (which is military law). BECAUSE OJUKWU WOULD NOT ACCEPT HIS COMMAND AND LEADERSHIP. And that, my friend, is what's at the root cause of the war.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by ameri9ja: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Soyinka, Ffk and fayose are not cowards, but what is 3 men in a tribe of millions of cowards?

And name their Igbo counterparts if Igbos are so brave. Who is the Igbo counterpart of Fela who was insulting military to their face WHILE THEY WERE IN POWER. Despite their guns, he sang a popular song calling them zombie. He sang another one insulting people in uniform and another one insulting the military dictator personally and directly. So u see , no tribe has a monopoly on bravery or cawardice.
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by pazienza(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
The old man is paid Salary and receive other benefits from Nigerian government, ie Delta state as a traditional ruler, and you expect him to accept Kanu and kiss good bye to those privileges and pecks he enjoys from Nigeria n government?

How many traditional rulers in the SE had openly declared support for Kanu?
Why do we all pretend like we don't know why it's so.

No sensible Igbo man should use because of an old monarch seeking to protect his source of income to start castigating the good people of Okpanam and Enu ani in general.

Let's try to analyze these issues better in the future.

If Kanu wants to visit Okpanam, let him laise with the commoners there, the last time i was in Okpanam part of Asaba metro, I saw Biafra flags in some of their streets.
He would receive a warm welcome. He should not take away the source of income of the old king by puting him in a tight corner with his pay masters .

Just my own opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by jaksmillioniar: 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ikenna0b:

I told myself I'll serve out my ban in peace but your useless asses had to make me come up here.

A freaking monarch was paid off by some useless politician to screech and your monkey ass is using it as an attempt to attack anioma. Thunder fire your useless head. You, hammerF and that Amarabae ashawo. Thunder destroy una worthless heads. Ndi ara

Didn't your obi of Onitsha as well as your Nri do the same thing literally last week. Show me a comment of you where you are advising and attacking onitsha and nri of telling the world "they are not igbo". Why are you screeching like a goat and insulting anioma. Carry your grievances with ikwerre amd don't drag us to the same category as those people.

Btw: goat Okpanam community have never denied being igbo be it past or present. Next time speak wtf you know instead of screeching your saliva everywhere. If you want to attack a community for denying being igbo after igbo took a blunt for wtf they did then the right place goes to ika people since most of the foot soliders during the "igbo coup" were them.
u barster d neva u talk rubbished word against amarabae
Re: Biafra: Nzeogwu’s Kinsmen Angry With Ojukwu, Kanu, Supporters by pazienza(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ikenna0b:

Wow!

Just seeing this post Now.

Ikechukwu, nwelu ya nwayo. Ada adi ibuo ayi ala ofu oge.

You have to understand when to just ignore some comments.
Osita Mordi is very good at that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Aminu Masari, Emir Of Daura Laud Efforts Of Chinese Government Investor / Saka Saadu Is Dead And Buried In Ilorin / PEPT Judgement: Heavy Blow Started Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.