Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? (59532 Views)

Easy Way To Memorize The 20 Elements In Chemistry / You Remember Short Hand From Business Studies? How Has It Helped You? / How Many Of You Remember Writing This On Your Notebooks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by agentakins: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Nice
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by holocron: 7:50am On Aug 05, 2017
DarkRebel69:

What you should have asked is whether learning by rote memorization is similar to learning by way of creative, personalized mnemonics. To that I would have answered no, 'cause the latter is by far the more superior means of learning.

I sense you harbour a slight disregard for memorization, perhaps you out of ignorance think the art of memory is an unnecessary and futile labour? Well, you couldn't be more wrong. Memory is a required staple if one is to learn. Even much further, if one is to apply all that has been learnt, it's imperative that one's powers of recall must nearly be infallible.

Quiz yourself: would you have been able to post on Nairaland if you hadn't "remembered" your log-in details? i.e. your username and password.
The business of memorization is as noble as it is necessary, the mode by which it is executed are where the troubles lie, and not in the very art itself.

So, rest your tirade against that beautiful art of memory and go memorize something today. A sonnet would be a good place to start.

The bolded part of your statement shows that u understood my question. I have ignored your initial attempt to make a literal interpretation of my shorthand.

I do not doubt the inevitability of memory in mental work. As to your assertion that learning by mnemonics is superior to rote learning, that is just your subjective opinion, which u cannot honestly claim to be superior to mine, which is that practice based learning is superior to both of them, and is so superior that they are practically the same when compared to practice based learning . A famous proverb by the chinese sage Confucius says: "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

Science is a practical endeavor that tasks the analytical abilities of the frontal lobes of the brain, which - mind you - is different from the brain areas dedicated to verbal tasks such as mnemonics and rote learning. If you use this methods to learn science, as the african has been doing, you cant achieve a single technological breakthrough. You will be well versed in science facts and information, but will - like our honourable minister of science and technology - be proud to announce the commencement of pencil manufacturing in Nigeria by 2019.

Let us be a bit more circumspect in all our comments.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by youngstarlit(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2017
Yes, I learnt it through
1. Music
2. Mnemonics

Those are 2 of the 9 most effective ways to read and remember everything
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by hysteriabox(m): 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
pharmguru:

yes boss.
unique science nursery and primary school teaches physics, chemistry and biology from primary 4.
Eh?!

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by NairalandSARS: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Brute force memorization
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Lekinzoo: 9:07am On Feb 16, 2020
Here is a song that helps in easy recitation

https://academicng.com/first-20-elements-song/

Download and listen.....
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Ajibade123(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Then I had to cram it seriously..I remember that man flogging m cause I mentioned oxygen before fluorine

see steps to start a new career without no experience or degrees
https://explicitsuccess.com/start-new-career-with-no-experience-degree/
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by talk2vlado: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2023
He has Large brain but can not offer full nine subjects. MAy all silly people stop calling a pope Christ!… Floreat!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / PHOTO: How A Secondary School Teacher Reacts To WAEC Result / Former Scondary School Teacher Marries His Former Student In Delta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.