Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson (46570 Views)

What Is The Name Of The White Man That Preached At SCOAN TODAY. / 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by DarkRebel69: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ishilove:
Haha! It is very refreshing to know that people still write well on social media.

He captured it beautifully. When I was there some years I had a verbal smack down with one of the hopeless ushers who was rude to my mum. These people have no regards for older people and it took every fibre of restraint I had in me not to start yelling like a mad woman. People were telling me to ignore the idiot guy "because you are in church." I am in church yet these fools are behaving like tin gods?

Well sha, I don't blame them. No be me carry my two yam legs go enter that circus of a church? This was years ago, and from what I've read here it seems it has gotten worse. Lord knows I can't be caught dead there again.

More than "beautifully" I must say.

I actually lost sense of setting and scene mid-way through the story. It was like I hunkered down to read Dante Aligheri's classics and mid-way through one of his poems I began coming across inappropriate verbiage like "time-machine", "IPOB", "Olosho". cheesy
I had to backtrack to the first few paragraphs to verify whether or not Mr. Ivan was giving a vignette on what he experienced in a Lagos night-club, because it very much didn't seem like he was talking about a church.

The part he talked about them needing a "pass" before they could gain entrance reminded me of Sizwe Banzi Is Dead (by Athul Fugard), in the sense that it brought to mind the South Africans – during the Apartheid – being required to have a "pass/permit" before they could enter certain areas or work certain jobs.

I think it's safe to assume that many churches, particularly here in Naija, are no more no less debased houses of commerce. I think the writer was also being modest in his critic of T.B Joshua. T.B. Joshua must have the blind eyes of a bat if he claimed complete oblivion of the power excesses of those under his leadership.

Even as a non-Christian and non-religionist, I still think the Catholic Church is worth emulating in the area of general coordination. Have you ever watched a live broadcast of an ongoing Mass in St. Peter's Square? My God! Every single bit of the Mass has been thoroughly pre-choreographed (I know this 'cause in a distant lifetime I was an altar server grin) , and nothing is ever out of place – from the movements of the altar servers to the procession of the cardinals and priests. Watching it - for me at least - bestows the same sensory experience as listening to Beethoven's Fifth symphony on full-blast while at the same time having a most noble woman with the most noble lips tour the highs and lows of your manhood. grin

On a more serious note, it's a sad thing. I'm not even speaking to the particulars of the gauche public relation skill-set of the ushers, but on the general disarray and lack of order that seems to be a recurring motif in these big Naija churches. I remember travelling to Osun state by car sometime last year and getting stuck for more than an hour in Oregun just because ushers and traffic wardens from Daystar were unable to control the crowd and vehicular movement of the worshippers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toGW-QDnUNw
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by mranova(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
SELFmade7:
The past 5 Sundays I've been going to synagogue church, I never experienced such, the first day I got to the church, I paid agboro guys 500 to park ma car,

I was asked if am a new comer I told them, they directed me to the tent where we all waited to be given the pass, the. We move on to collect another pass then enter the main church at op theres not special place for new comers sir, am sorry maybe you met different kind of people that day sha, or depends on ya attitude towards them too, you can't expect them to be worshiping you bro, I've not come across all these you're saying

Sorry about that bro,
You make it sound so easy which I believe it's not. I experienced what was written first hand too.

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Codes151(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Cholls:
My brother why dis one come be like woman abi na woman
my brother! I self dey try imagine the guy/girl
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ScienceWatch: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
spokesboy:

This article is a mere rant by someone who expected so much from others without having anything to offer.
I'm sure out of the teeming people who came to SCOAN on that Sunday, you're likely one of the few that have this "shocking" experience being a JJC. I did have similar experience on my first day at the church (as a JJC) which is understandable but subsequently I understand how things are done in SCOAN as compared to other churches.
On the issue of foreign visitors at SCOAN, there is nothing like racial segregation, they all come on invitation and hence they have a space reserved for them. Most of us Nigerians go there uninvited and hence we have no invitation letter to present at the gate.
I'm sure you'd prefer not to complain about how you're being treated in foreign embassies where you pay your hard-earned money for visas, arrive at 4.00am and eventually refused visa without refund.
You need to adjust to wherever or whatever society you find yourself and not expect the society to adjust to your expectations because you're just one out of millions of visitors at SCOAN.
The op certainly did not fool you SPOKESBOY. Are you a psychologist ?

My take is that the article was written by someone that is hard hearted, puffed up with pride, quick to anger, arrogant. When you examine the tone and the extraordinary petty details and extreme length of the article when the point could have been made with ten sentences, you have to believe it was written by fake pastor Bronchitis Oaroloye. He has tried for 34yrs to destroy the mighty SCOAN CHURCH NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ChizzyMaris(f): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
jacyhelen:

bros are you a coloum writer for sahara Reporters or vanguard?
Hahahaha..
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by TheCarpenter(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hahahaha

Fight about to happen.

Above
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ChizzyMaris(f): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
jacyhelen:

bros are you a coloum writer for sahara Reporters or vanguard?
Hahahaha.. He's just too good.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by DatLagboi(m): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
SELFmade7:
The past 5 Sundays I've been going to synagogue church, I never experienced such, the first day I got to the church, I paid agboro guys 500 to park ma car,

I was asked if am a new comer I told them, they directed me to the tent where we all waited to be given the pass, the. We move on to collect another pass then enter the main church at op theres not special place for new comers sir, am sorry maybe you met different kind of people that day sha, or depends on ya attitude towards them too, you can't expect them to be worshiping you bro, I've not come across all these you're saying

Sorry about that bro,
op body don dry pepper am even before him come church
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ScienceWatch: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
sorextee:
Is the op a guy or a girl??
Dont you think it strange that the op who is supposed to be a woman, took so much time to describe the girl in the mini skirt that had the best legs ever seen in Nigeria.

The article is a poorly written PROPAGANDA ploy and I believe the Fake pastor Bronchitis Oaroloye is the author considering the extra long epistle, extreme exaggeration and callous refusal to accept reality and respond accordinly.

THE ARTICLE IS ANOTHER FAILED ATTEMP AT DESTROYING THE DIGNITY OF THE MIGHTY SCOAN CHURCH NIGERIA.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Skoopy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
@OP: did you go there to worship or to get facts for an article.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by AyamStarch: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The last time I read something this long was Margaret Mitchell's 'Gone with the wind'.

I would rather read the whole books of the old testament, than waste my energy on this frame-up.

grin
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The last time I read something this long was Margaret Mitchell's 'Gone with the wind'.

I would rather read the whole books of the old testament, than waste my energy on this frame-up.

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Topgainer: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
But what could the op be doing there? Why should somebody leave the comfort of his house to a place where he will be ridiculed by thugs and rascals? I walked out of a Church before mid-service and a thug or usher blocked my way out, it was clear he acted on instructions. When I raised my voice at the slave, he allowed me go to avoid a row, having looked over to his man of god who paused briefly, for further instructions.
They see most people that come to them as desperate to be entertained, some of the thugs themselves are in the know of the atrocities from the CEO down to the mobile police that constitute part of the intimidation forces right from the gate.

The timing of my walkout coincided with when the fake man of god was talking rubbish. Why can't people rest in their homes or wait on the Lord though the fig tree...?

The degradation of people I watch on the t.v. that happen at SCOAN far outweighs whatever charity they display. A man was asked to display his genitals on a live t.v to advertise his cure and blessings. Another, a woman, was displayed to have "passed out" a live snail which was tagged the root source of her problem.

There are places I will never again go no matter the packaging of the enterprise and the luring promises they give. The deception going on in this age is phenomenal.

3 Likes

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by nemynely(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
I really don't know much about SCOAN but I read the whole piece & I must admit, THE WRITER writes WELL in terms of tenses, grammatical construct, phrases etc. I am impressed with your writing dude. smiley wink smiley
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by LordOfNaira: 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
pocohantas:

You see your life...na woman you carry all the way from Ife o.
If na me now, you won't agree...

Anyway, thank God you didn't complete the maga process by parting with 5k. That would have broken my heart.

Better stick to YouTube...we don't want to read another complain grin

grin

Don't mind me, my Queen. For you, I will do anything. As for the lady, I didn't go totally because of her o. A part of me went merely to satisfy my curiosity grin grin
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by sonoforogun(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
mmsen:
What is a man who wears lipstick doing in church to begin with?

Does the Bible not claim that people are that way inclined be put to death?

Shege! Na u the OP story is directed to ... one of T.B Joshua goons

I bet your Jesus would have done the same.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Martinez19(m): 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
ScienceWatch:
The op certainly did not fool you SPOKESBOY. Are you a psychologist ?

My take is that the article was written by someone that is hard hearted, puffed up with pride, quick to anger, arrogant. When you examine the tone and the extraordinary petty details and extreme length of the article when the point could have been made with ten sentences, you have to believe it was written by fake pastor Bronchitis Oaroloye. He has tried for 34yrs to destroy the mighty SCOAN CHURCH NIGERIA.
you and oaroloye ehn, why do you call him bronchitis? grin
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by mmsen: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
sonoforogun:

Shege! Na u the OP story is directed to ... one of T.B Joshua goons

I bet your Jesus would have done the same.

I am only asking a question - does the Bible not have something to say about such men?

My Jesus? I don't believe in that nonsense.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by Humanistme: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Topgainer:
But what could the op be doing there? Why should somebody leave the comfort of his house to a place where he will be ridiculed by thugs and rascals? I walked out of a Church before mid-service and a thug or usher blocked my way out, it was clear he acted on instructions. When I raised my voice at the slave, he allowed me go to avoid a row, having looked over to his man of god who paused briefly, for further instructions.
They see most people that come to them as desperate to be entertained, some of the thugs themselves are in the know of the atrocities from the CEO down to the mobile police that constitute part of the intimidation forces right from the gate.

The timing of my walkout coincided with when the fake man of god was talking rubbish. Why can't people rest in their homes or wait on the Lord though the fig tree...?

The degradation of people I watch on the t.v. that happen at SCOAN far outweighs whatever charity they display. A man was asked to display his genitals on a live t.v to advertise his cure and blessings. Another, a woman, was displayed to have "passed out" a live snail which was tagged the root source of her problem.

There are places I will never again go no matter the packaging of the enterprise and the luring promises they give. The deception going on in this age is phenomenal.

sometimes you can't really blame the people who fall for these tricks. if not for problems, sickness and poverty they won't endure such humiliation. it's quite a pity.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by sonoforogun(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
mmsen:

I am only asking a question - does the Bible not have something to say about such men?

My Jesus? I don't believe in that nonsense.

"Such men". U hear urself? Created by whom? The same God u serve I'm sure.

This is a church for christ's sake, where love and acceptance is important.

And what did your Bible say about "Such men"?
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by nemynely(m): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Dont you think it strange that the op who is supposed to be a woman, took so much time to describe the girl in the mini skirt that had the best legs ever seen in Nigeria.

The article is a poorly written PROPAGANDA ploy and I believe the Fake pastor Bronchitis Oaroloye is the author considering the extra long epistle, extreme exaggeration and callous refusal to accept reality and respond accordinly.

THE ARTICLE IS ANOTHER FAILED ATTEMP AT DESTROYING THE DIGNITY OF THE MIGHTY SCOAN CHURCH NIGERIA.
Sorry, op could not hav been a woman since he could not stand on the same queue with his mum, but with his driver who stood in line behind him.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by mmsen: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
sonoforogun:

"Such men". U hear urself? Created by whom? The same God u serve I'm sure.

This is a church for christ's sake, where love and acceptance is important.

And what did your Bible say about "Such men"?

It's not my Bible.

And like it or not the Bible says that 'such men' should be "put to death".
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ScienceWatch: 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
zabuur:
Dear all,

I am sorry to say this! Although, I am a Muslim but, I find it very disturbing the rate at which Christian religious matters flood the social media. And not even in a good way but, in a very awful way.

The religion keeps losing its essence with such informations being fed to the public via social media. Today alone, Nairaland has more than 4 Christian related topics that are not good ones.

Something should be done before Christianity itself turn to some religion that needs restructuring
well said Zabuur. It certainly Is disgusting and very disturbing.

Christians can learn from Islam's experience and why the dreaded FATWA was used to protect the cowardly ATHEISTS and vicious attacks.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by sorextee(m): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
I had to ask my dad and elder sis who once went to the church (at different interval) if they experienced such treatment as new comers.. They both said NO. Nothing like that. Well it was a lng time ago. Maybe then the ushers were nice, and these ones are new. Im not concluding neither am I judging..

ScienceWatch:

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by calabardick(m): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
I rather visit my village shrine (if there is any) other than to go to that polluted place.

everything about SCOAN is SCAM, from the GM to the GATE-MEN, they are all fishers of money,
as for the miracle seeking OP, I think you deserve what you get, instead of you to build yourself up spiritually and develop a personal relationship with God, you are busy running around looking for cheap miracle.

1 Like

Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by cybriz82(m): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
interesting novel. e dn tey no b 2day,my area is next 2 street away from sysnagogue.av seen worse Frm those ushers sometym I just wish i'm God sha.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by mastermaestro(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
What were you expecting at an occult temple? Stupid people who do not value assemblies of true worshippers. How I wish something worse happened to you! You clowns and blinded people can keep going there. Slaves of satan.

GOD bless all the small and large assemblies of true worshippers around the world. JESUS is LORD!
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ScienceWatch: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
zabuur:
Dear all,

I am sorry to say this! Although, I am a Muslim but, I find it very disturbing the rate at which Christian religious matters flood the social media. And not even in a good way but, in a very awful way.

The religion keeps losing its essence with such informations being fed to the public via social media. Today alone, Nairaland has more than 4 Christian related topics that are not good ones.

Something should be done before Christianity itself turn to some religion that needs restructuring
I respect the reason for Islam's fearsome FATWA. It can deal swift key with the hatred you see here.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ScienceWatch: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
nemynely:

Sorry, op could not hav been a woman since he could not stand on the same queue with his mum, but with his driver who stood in line behind him.
Mmmmm !! It is very strange because the OP's moniker shows he is a female, lol, roll on the floor kind of laughter. Haaaaaa hic ha hic hic h h h!!!

Lol, drive into a pothole kind of laughter. Ha hic hic.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by nemynely(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Mmmmm !! It is very strange because the OP's moniker shows he is a female, lol, roll on the floor kind of laughter. Haaaaaa hic ha hic hic h h h!!!

Lol, drive into a pothole kind of laughter. Ha hic hic.

There is a possibility that op & the writer may be two different people! Pls check.
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by prinxpalax(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Well said. The tone and the gesture of d writer shows that he never met christ. All what he said is a direct opposite of what transpires there. Though no place of worship is perfect. There is always room for improvement .the writer is too carnal
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by ScienceWatch: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
sorextee:
I had to ask my dad and elder sis who once went to the church (at different interval) if they experienced such treatment as new comers.. They both said NO. Nothing like that. Well it was a lng time ago. Maybe then the ushers were nice, and these ones are new. Im not concluding neither am I judging..

Yes your family won't lie to you about this Sorextee. There are thousands of hateful media articles all over.

This article is a poorly disguised HOAX. The motive is hatred. Thanks to all the TV channels on ISLAM, Christianity and Judaism the HATERS have lost the battle for the hearts of truth seekers. STAY STRONG !
Re: My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson by gozzlin: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
I hear say they have bouncers that manhandle people like piece of rags. I'll never set my foot in that place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo - What A Magnificent Church Building! / Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" / Sex Scandal: Apostle Johnson Suleman Is INNOCENT Based On Evidence In This Repot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.