Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush (25798 Views)

250 Elephants Sighted In Boko Haram’s Battlefield In Borno (Photo) / Colonel Kenneth Eze Elemele Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Soldier Killed Along With 8 Colleagues After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by senier007(m): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
The kidnap of oil workers that resulted in the death of nine soldiers also led to the death of at least 18 other people including some of the kidnap victims, PREMIUM TIMES can exclusively report.

The victims, who included scientists, engineers and some personnel of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) were ambushed near Jibi village in Gubio Local Government Area on Tuesday while on an oil exploration mission in Lake Chad.

The NNPC, which is directly responsible for the oil exploration, had said 10 people were part of the team, but that the oil workers were mainly staff of the Geology department of the University of Maiduguri (Unimaid) to whom part of the oil exploration was subcontracted.

After their kidnap on Tuesday, the Nigerian Army, alongside members of the Civilian-JTF, launched a rescue mission.

The Army spokesperson, Sani Usman, a brigadier general, in a statement announced the rescue of all the NNPC staff, saying nine soldiers paid the supreme sacrifice in the process.

“So far, they (troops) have rescued all the NNPC staff and recovered the corpses of the officer, 8 soldiers and a civilian who have been deposited at the 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital,” he said.

THE CASUALTY

Reliable sources both within the military and the University of Maiduguri have, however, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that the casualty was beyond what was announced by the army, and that none of the oil workers were actually rescued alive.

Mr. Usman did not say how many NNPC officials were rescued alive.

At least 18 other people died from the raid, a top military source confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES.

“The rescue team which comprised the military, CJTF leadership from Maiduguri and the Magumeri chapter arrived back Maiduguri at about 6:30 p.m,” the source said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/238300-exclusive-untold-story-9-nigerian-soldiers-4-unimaid-staff-14-others-killed-boko-haram-ambush.html/amp

1 Like

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by 989900: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Why would you have money to buy these expensive toys, but not have enough money to pay proper duties?

'Oversharp' na hin dey kill monkey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by OkuFaba(m): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
I suspect OP blew this whistle.
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by senier007(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
OkuFaba:
I suspect OP blew this whistle.

LOL am not a whistle blower, besides I hate naija whistle blowing, was in that command today for some business then all of a sudden this guy's brought this car I thought of sharing it here so that it won't be swept under the carpet
So we are hoping lalasticlala or Mynd44 could blow the whistle here

1 Like

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
@OP do you know what billions of naira is? How much is a Prado or landcruiser? New hilux is N14, Multiply it by 20 and tell me if it's up to 500 million. See ur mouth like billions of naira undecided

1 Like

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by senier007(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
lofty900:
@OP do you know what billions of naira is? How much is a Prado or landcruiser? New hilux is N14, Multiply it by 20 and tell me if it's up to 500 million. See ur mouth like billions of naira undecided

Each prodojeep there cost from 20mil to 50mil
Toyota sienna cost more than 15mil brand new
New sienna cost close to 10mil and none of them is less than 20 so do the maths and tell me if your mouth too look like billion

I only snap few before they ask us to leave besides one of them was telling us more are on the way
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Kutis2030(m): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
senier007:

New sienna cost close to 10mil and none of them is less than 20 so do the maths and tell me if your mouth too look like billion

I only snap few before they ask us to leave besides one of them was telling us more are on the way
my guy, unless those cars are bulletproof, there's no way they can be worth billions

1 Like

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by tuniski: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
lofty900:
my guy, unless those cars are bulletproof, there's no way they can be worth billions
Don't mind the guy jare he seems poor in arithmetic!

2 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
tuniski:

Don't mind the guy jare he seems poor in arithmetic!
very poor
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by senier007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
This is what happen when government have taken over news dissemination, Army are also playing the ostrich game, and now that the Americans have open their Nyan-sh let's how things unfold
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
MAKE UNA DEY WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON OL WEY GO SOON GO SOON USELESS

3 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by ybalogs(m): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
RIP Patriots
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by shammah1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
& the presidency were busy having photoshoots & dinner in London with tax payers hard earned money while the real citizens are being murdered in cold blood by the "technically defeated" demons called Boko Haram. Kontinio

2 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Technically unfortunate...

1 Like

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by NNAMDlKANU(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
we Dont forget,

Have they forgotten so soon how they shot Armless Biafrans that gathered at High school Aba to Pray?

Have they Also forgotten how they massacred Biafrans at Nkpor?

I have no single pity for the Useless Army and their daily violation of human Rights in this Zoo

Karma is Truly a Bxtch...

13 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nawaooo
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by UnknownT: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
How many lecturers come remain for the department in UNIMAID?
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
ok
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
senier007:

abeg ayam confused, still looking for the correlation between the OP's write up and this one i quoted

11 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hahahahahahaa

Lost 9 soldiers & 1 C-JTF to rescue 10 NNPC staff.

Some lives have more value.
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by zeekeyboy: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
This thread is as confused as Nigeria cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by zeekeyboy: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by gidjah(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
it shall be well with our ever patriotic gallant soldiers

3 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by HugeDan(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
why the haste in searching for oil in a war zone?. Search for PEACE first. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by tysontim(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
Confusion thread
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by derahhh(m): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
The way soldiers die n its swept under the carpet is scary ooo.....Nigerian military is bleeped......i just hope these families are well compensated
Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
When I saw the headline I rushed in here expecting an eye-witness or first-hand account. Alas! I was disappointed. Thank you #Premium Times for doing what Naija Newspapers are good at-repackaging stories. Nonsense. Rubbish. Outta here.

3 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by speezyWears: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kolo dey worry dis thread

4 Likes

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by Edu3Again: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please lets give the North their Boko Haram Republic,
While we in the South get Biafra & Oduduwa Republic.

By the way make I ask biko.

Which oil dem dey find for North, abi na Groundout Oil, Palm Oil or Vegetable Oil ?

If na crude oil dem dey find, God blessed the South not North with crude oil.

No mind Almajiri wey talk say na dem get the oil for South.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4c9-Yf0-k

1 Like

Re: How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush by mayorkyzo: 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
If not for the greed and desperation of the useless vegetable of a man called president,why would any sane government send oil explorers into a war region...but alas they've told us boko boys have being defeated so they have to keep up the propaganda..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Meets With US Assistant Secretary & State Department Officials / NNPCL, Marketers Clash Over Subsidy, Operators Peg Petrol At N1,200/litre / Police Killing In Nasarawa: Gov. Al-makura May Be Indicted By Security Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.