Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From (36097 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Meajor(m): 8:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Abeg, I dey find golf 3 to buy for commercial purpose... If you get you can holla, or whatsapp 07067276781..

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by ipobarecriminals: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2017
following

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by femi4: 8:44am On Aug 03, 2017
fatimababy95:
Have you invested as much this year in your career as in your car?
have you eaten today?

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by femi4: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2017
lofty900:
Nice. These days I keep visiting auctionexport like every two days, maybe it's a sign of better things to come cool
However you forgot to mention that most of the cars on these auction sites are damaged cars, accident cars, I even saw some which has been completely destroyed by fire. Sometimes the cost of repairing these damaged cars are more than the actual cost of the cars. Also some of the cars in these sites have no keys, and if you think that if you import a damaged car to Nigeria, customs will pity you, that's a very big mistake because the amount you pay for duty for a clean car is the same duty you'll pay for a damaged car of the same spec.

My advice: search for a car, make sure your network is very good while bidding, because there are people bidding for the same car. Check the pictures COMPLETELY. Both the interior and exterior pictures, front and back and if you must buy a damaged car, make sure the damage is done at the rear (back) of the car and not at the front so it doesn't affect the engine and other sensitive areas. Also make sure the damaged parts are available in Nigeria otherwise you'll also be importing the parts as well and most importantly, have a very good, trust worthy Mechanic on standby.

Glad to be of help cheesy
Who dey buy cars without key? Abeg stop exaggerating, you can always check for VIN online

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2017
femi4:
Who dey buy cars without key? Abeg stop exaggerating, you can always check for VIN online
there're lots of cars on auctionexport without keys

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Eu24(m): 9:14am On Aug 03, 2017
True..

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by liteleto: 9:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Abeg hw can one ship dis cars to Ninja plus ship n clearing cost?

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by ROYALD(m): 9:45am On Aug 03, 2017
auto
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by MicroBox: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2017
Good
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by frankfrank(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2017
You don't pay same duty on a clean car and an accident car (particularly with either blown out airbag or damaged chassis).
It's far cheaper to buy an accident car to fix.
Pls carry out a proper research and be sure of your comment. Like shipping a car it's $700. You don't even need anybody to do anything for all u need it's a reliable shipper and trucker if your shipper can't sort trucking for you.
I just de pass, my contribution, make see d next page. Good morn.

lofty900:
Nice. These days I keep visiting auctionexport like every two days, maybe it's a sign of better things to come cool
However you forgot to mention that most of the cars on these auction sites are damaged cars, accident cars, I even saw some which has been completely destroyed by fire. Sometimes the cost of repairing these damaged cars are more than the actual cost of the cars. Also some of the cars in these sites have no keys, and if you think that if you import a damaged car to Nigeria, customs will pity you, that's a very big mistake because the amount you pay for duty for a clean car is the same duty you'll pay for a damaged car of the same spec.

My advice: search for a car, make sure your network is very good while bidding, because there are people bidding for the same car. Check the pictures COMPLETELY. Both the interior and exterior pictures, front and back and if you must buy a damaged car, make sure the damage is done at the rear (back) of the car and not at the front so it doesn't affect the engine and other sensitive areas. Also make sure the damaged parts are available in Nigeria otherwise you'll also be importing the parts as well and most importantly, have a very good, trust worthy Mechanic on standby.

Glad to be of help cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by AutoJoshNG: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2017
liteleto:
Abeg hw can one ship dis cars to Ninja plus ship n clearing cost?

AutoJosh can handle the shipping for you. You can also check the estimated import duty on my site.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by AutoJoshNG: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2017
klens:
How can one ship car from copart to Nigeria?

All you need is a shipper who will arrange the pick up and deliver to Lagos port. For more, you can talk to me through my signature.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by AutoJoshNG: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2017
freshvine:
Who can give a concise details of shipping a car from the advertised sites to Nigeria without a middle man or known relative over there?

All you need is a shipper who will arrange the pick up and deliver to Lagos port. For more, you can talk to me through my signature.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 03, 2017
frankfrank:
You don't pay same duty on a clean car and an accident car (particularly with either blown out airbag or damaged chassis).
It's far cheaper to buy an accident car to fix.
Pls carry out a proper research and be sure of your comment. Like shipping a car it's $700. You don't even need anybody to do anything for all u need it's a reliable shipper and trucker if your shipper can't sort trucking for you.
I just de pass, my contribution, make see d next page. Good morn.

that was before, nowadays customs don't give waivers just because u imported an accident car.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by AUSVINS(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2017
andrewloan:
Do you need an urgent loan?
We offer Loan between 50,000 to 800,000 you can call us for more information 0810, 747, 9780
Please what are your requirements for a loan of 100k?
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by majorcases: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
I' ve never thought of having a tokumbo car. when the time comes, the tear-leather car will get my ride!
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Michealforever: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
Seen
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Tundenoni(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
BMW cry cry
enlighten me more on what's written on your signature
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Autojoshng stylishly ignored my question
It's ok

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Osezzua(m): 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
correct
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by AutoJoshNG: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Emzyme:
Hmm
My acct balance is 59.0 naira
I visit the autos section daily
Now I will visit the three sites U just mentioned daily as well
Wat. A life

Can I actually bid and win a car with 250$
And what's d cost of getting it to Nigeria
autojosh , AutoJoshNg
Meanwhile lemme like every post on this thread
If u haven't received ur like yet feel free to use d quote link
!!!!

Sure, you can get a car for $250 but it may be older than 2000 model or too damaged for what you'll want. Note, there are also a few charges you'll pay to the auction company after winning at that price.

The cost of shipping the car from the auction yard to Lagos largely depends on the location the car was bought. So it can range from $1,000 to as much as $2,500
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by sonnie10: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
freshvine:
Who can give a concise details of shipping a car from the advertised sites to Nigeria without a middle man or known relative over there?
If you do not use a middle man, it would be more expensive. The auction companies are mostly into sales only.
Some offer inland transportation but not export shipping. Those that do export would give you an estimated quote that is far too high.

This what you do when you buy to cut cost. There are lots of Nigerian owened shipping companies that can handle the export. The advantage is that they do proper documentation, inland transportation, and shipping to your port of choice at a cost sometimes half of what auction companies would quote.

Another good part is that you can call them and get updates on the tracking, and again your papers for clearing gets to you safe and on time. You may even do it electronically.

Apart all these good sides, there is also the benefits of choosing which port you want your vehicle shipped to. Do you know you could save as much as 200k in clearing alone based on the port you shipped to?

Hope this helps. No soliciting intended, just an informed post.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by texazzpete(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
fatimababy95:
Have you invested as much this year in your career as in your car?

This is the Nairaland Autos section. Keep your non-auto related spiel out of here, please.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by freshvine(f): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
sonnie10:

If you do not use a middle man, it would be more expensive. The auction companies are mostly into sales only.
Some offer inland transportation but not export shipping. Those that do export would give you an estimated quote that is far too high.

This what you do when you buy to cut cost. There are lots of Nigerian owened shipping companies that can handle the export. The advantage is that they do proper documentation, inland transportation, and shipping to your port of choice at a cost sometimes half of what auction companies would quote.

Another good part is that you can call them and get updates on the tracking, and again your papers for clearing gets to you safe and on time. You may even do it electronically.

Apart all these good sides, there is also the benefits of choosing which port you want your vehicle shipped to. Do you know you could save as much as 200k in clearing alone based on the port you shipped to?

Hope this helps. No soliciting intended, just an informed post.

Thanks for the valuable input. But can a Nigerian shipper be trusted over there moreso you'll be transacting in dollars with him. Won't he collect funds and travel into oblivion?

Are there no accredited copart middlemen for shipping purposes?
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by sonnie10: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
freshvine:

Thanks for the valuable input. But can a Nigerian shipper be trusted over there moreso you'll be transacting in dollars with him. Won't he collect funds and travel into oblivion?

Yes, some can be trusted. They have registered shipping companies valued in millions of dollars and physical address.

You just have to deal with the right person or company.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
sonnie10:

Yes, some can be trusted. They have registered shipping companies valued in millions of dollars and physical address.

You just have to deal with the right person or company.

Pls let's say I win a bid for a benz e550
Model @3000

Help estimate d total cost
Cos oga josh said I will still pay some money to d auction site
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by sonnie10: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
Emzyme:

Pls let's say I win a bid for a benz e550
Model @3000

Help estimate d total cost
Cos oga josh said I will still pay some money to d auction site

Yes, you pay auction fee, tax and biding fee. Also if it is a dealer only auction, you pay the person who used their license to bid for you. For a 3000 car, everything should not be more than 400. Then, there is in land trucking from auction site to where you want take the vehicle to for onward shipping. If it's same state, $120-150 is a good deal.

But remember, if you take the vehicle to a place other than port, when the time for shipping comes, you will still have to pay to truck (tow) it to port.
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by teejayeya(m): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Burgerlomo:
My favorite is Craigslist
most Craigslist sellers are direct owners and they can scam you
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by CarReg(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2017
New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle papers Renewal

Thanks for visiting CarReg here….. https://carreg.com.ng/ .
We look forward to working for you…

CarReg is a registered service & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery.

We assist to do:
• Change of ownership
• New vehicle registration.
• Vehicle license renewal,
• 3rd party or comprehensive insurance
• Road worthiness renewal as well.

We deliver to every part on Nigeria

Patronizing a corporate organization for vehicle papers renewal guarantees original vehicle documentations.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Access the various vehicle particulars services on: https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html or call us on 09090144706

Thanks

Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by billagreen(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2017
Kronical:
Online Bid keh.. When I can go to Lagos or Benin and buy a car that I can inspect Manually...
IF I may ask where in lagos or benin
Re: Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From by Burgerlomo: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
teejayeya:
most Craigslist sellers are direct owners and they can scam you

Thank you so much. I have access to meet most of them face to face with owo re oja re which means cash and carry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bugatti Unveils Bugatti X PG Craft Carbon Fiber Bicycle, Sells For N12million / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.