Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,733 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 (14029 Views)

USA Used HP Probook 640 G1 Notebook Core i5, 500/8GB in Abuja 75k ❌❌❌Sold / Who Wants To Sell A Gaming Laptop In Akure / London used Macbook Pro 2013 laptop in Abuja | Kaduna for 200,000 >>>[SOLD √√√√] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by rbernaldo2: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
With so many “gaming laptops” available on the market right now, choosing the perfect one for your needs doesn’t come easy if you don’t understand the specs you actually need. As technology continues to evolve , gaming laptops get equipped with powerful components that make them more efficient and exciting. If you want to play a spec-demanding game like the: Grand Theft Auto V, then you know you need more than just large RAM and ROM .

Gaming Laptops Buying Guide – What you Should Know
Thinking of getting a gaming laptop? Here are some quick tips you should know :

1. If you want to purchase a gaming laptop, make sure the game you intend playing is worth it. A typical mainstream laptop with an integrated graphics card can support low-end titles like ‘age of empires’ so there’s really no need to get one.

2. If you decide you must buy a gaming laptop, you must feel comfortable with the keyboard of the one you want to buy. Going to the store to check that out isn’t a bad idea or even buying one gaming mouse too.

3. For gaming laptops, touch screens are not very necessary because they tend to reduce the battery life specification and they’re usually more expensive.

4. If you want a mobile or easy to carry gaming laptop, by all means, get on with either a 15-inch, 14-inch or 13-inch screen. But be aware that they often don’t have the higher end components and the 17- and 18- inches laptops are generally more powerful.

5. Ensure you get a solid state storage. For faster load times and game installs, investing in an SSD (solid state drive) is something you should consider.

6. Any laptop with a low-resolution display less that 1920 × 1080 may not be worth it.

7. Ensure it has a GPU that is powerful, fast and VR-ready.

8. To enjoy virtual reality games, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU, An Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor and an HDMI 1.3 port should be the least specifications a good gaming laptop should possess.

Gaming PCs for a mainstream gamer:

For any gaming laptop, the graphics card, also known as GPU is the bedrock of its capabilities. The signals on the display need its data to be processed and transmitted to the monitor so that it can deliver images. A sound GPU is a discreet one that requires its own dedicated memory called the video memory (VRAM) because of the stressful nature of its function.

The average gamer should be comfortable with VRAM of at least 4GB. Most gaming laptops come with Nvidia GPUs and some usually allow you the liberty of changing to AMD. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050/1050 Ti will comfortably satisfy a mainstream or entry level gamer.

Try your best possible not to settle for mechanical hard drives as an SSD will offer more speed.

It’s of no use if you have almost perfect graphics and excellent frame rate without a display that can make you enjoy it. So to make sure you maximize the graphics power of your gaming laptop, you also need to consider the display.

If you really want to enjoy your gaming laptop, your screen resolution shouldn’t be less than 1920 × 1080. But higher resolution gaming laptops are usually more expensive.

Gaming PCs for average but higher gaming experience:

If you’re one of those looking for serious gaming experience and higher performance gaming laptops, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU is a perfect fit. With this GPU, you can expect some seriously smooth graphics as it is capable of producing some impressive frame rates. For superb color and striking details, there are 4K (3480 ×2160) and QHD (2560 × 1440) panels. If you can afford laptops with these features please go for it.

When it comes to processors, in our humble but informed opinion it is better to focus more on memory and graphics card rather than the processor. That’s not to say they’re not important. You’ld want to aim for a 6th / 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor with at least 8GB RAM , which can be expanded up to 16GB.

SSDs are more expensive than HHDs but they offer more speed for loading games and booting up. So if you can afford the extra cash, it’s advisable you go with an SSD.

Gaming PCs for the hard-core gamer:

Now for the hardcore gamers who want a VR-Ready gadget, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, Nvidia GTX 980M with up to 8GB of video memory and the SLI (Scalable link Interface) allows up to four GPUs to work together. A few gaming laptops provide the possibility of having two GPUs in them. With the SLI, the graphics scale and rendering will be at ridiculous rates.

The best gamers know that sound and visuals are both important for the best gaming experience. Although some high-end gaming laptops have good built-in, speakers it’s better to just purchase good noise-cancelling portable speakers or headphones for a good dose of immersive gaming experience.

The Intel i7-6820HK or i7-6700HK processors make for a great gaming powerhouse. In a bid to give you the freedom to push the performance of the laptop, this Skylake-based processor has an unlocked multiplier that could easily be overlocked.

You’ll definitely come across gaming personal computers that offer two large SSDs or one 7200rpm mechanical drive and one large SSD. This means you have superior speeds compared to those obtained in cheaper gaming laptops. Be on the lookout for the M.2 format of the SSD which is even faster.

Beware that a bigger battery doesn’t necessarily mean a longer backup time, but it sure means more weight and heat. The average high-end gaming laptop will give about an hour of battery backup so you might have to plug in your power house more frequently than you thought.

Whether you’re settling with a budget gaming laptop or you’re going for one with more powerful features, you’ld surely find this tips helpful

Good luck with your next gaming powerhouse.

Source: https://www.socializee.net/how-do-you-choose-a-gaming-laptop/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44 seun

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by lovingyouhun: 3:33am On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks Op. Use to love game a lot if not for Buhari
How will someone remember to play game these days when you are busy trying hard to keep your business from falling apart because of Nigeria's current economic status?
Buhari Buhari

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by chrisbaby24(m): 3:41am On Aug 03, 2017
Seen...next!!
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by chloride6: 3:43am On Aug 03, 2017
Please if you money to buy a gaming laptop, do not buy it.

Instead build a decent rig.

A rig will oulast a gaming laptop by at least 2 years. Even then you can just add a dirt cheap GPU in cross fire or SLI mode and still get another 2 good years out.

6 Likes

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by Smartphil(m): 3:55am On Aug 03, 2017
shocked
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by Ajanii(m): 4:18am On Aug 03, 2017
Food is ready
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by MikeMicheal(m): 4:31am On Aug 03, 2017
No examples of Laptop names and models that are good for gaming?

4 Likes

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by DanjaNinja(m): 4:45am On Aug 03, 2017
chloride6:
Please if you money to buy a gaming laptop, do not buy it.

Instead build a decent rig.

A rig will oulast a gaming laptop by at least 2 years. Even then you can just add a dirt cheap GPU in cross fire or SLI mode and still get another 2 good years out.

This is correct. A gaming laptop is a waste of money. You would be fine with a desktop with a dedicated graphics card card (minimum vram - 3gb), 8gb main memory and core i5.
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by hopefulLandlord: 4:59am On Aug 03, 2017
Gaming Laptops are waste of Money, gaming desktops however makes sense
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by YesNoMaybe: 5:08am On Aug 03, 2017
Any PC builder here?

1 Like

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by Freelancer007(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2017
I love gaming laptops.. Anyway, check out the best mattress under 1000 queen
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by enesty77(m): 5:46am On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Gaming Laptops are waste of Money, gaming desktops however makes sense
oga is a desktop as mobile as a laptop?

4 Likes

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by DilaRocks: 5:58am On Aug 03, 2017
Just buy a fucking console.

1 Like

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by sauceEEP(m): 6:02am On Aug 03, 2017
I'd rather buy a ps4 console.

3 Likes

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by saddabm(m): 6:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Yeah! Desktop are more powerful, but laptop are mobile.
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by saddabm(m): 6:03am On Aug 03, 2017
Yeah! Desktop are more powerful, but laptops are mobile.
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by oladoja1(m): 6:17am On Aug 03, 2017
A pastor resurrected a woman live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21nlgCFB_SM
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by aamstih: 6:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Would my hp elitebook be okay for Fifa 27?
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by yungryder(m): 6:26am On Aug 03, 2017
I have an article here that also describes more of how to choose the best gaming laptop.

Check it out http://www.wazobiawap.com/2017/05/how-to-choose-best-gaming-laptop.html
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 03, 2017
any example or examples of Good gaming laptops in the market?
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by wintersnow(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=sauceEEP post=59097463]I'd rather buy a ps4 console. [/quote

A well built desktop possess better graphics than a ps4
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by Innodon(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2017
I'm currently using HP Envy 17.3, with Nvidia GForce GTX 840M, 8GB RAM, 1TB storage. I can play any game with my system .be it FIFA 16, FIFA 17, Mortal Kombat, Mafia 3, to mention but a few. I can't stop loving my system. I sell PC games as well. I can give a PS4 owner a run for his money. Contact me for your latest pc games .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by tmanis(m): 7:16am On Aug 03, 2017
I saw a list of 10 best gaming laptops on techradar.. . Still bursting my brain till now.. . Baba God, abeg provide for your boy.. .

-Asus ROG zephyrus gx501
-Razer blade
-Asus ROG strix Gl502
-Alienware 13 r3
-razer blade pro
-gigabyte Aero 14
-Alienware 17 r4
-Dell inspiron 15 gaming
-Hp omen 17
-MSI GP72VRX leopard pro

You can search google for their specs...

1 Like

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by harzhan: 7:17am On Aug 03, 2017
YesNoMaybe:
Any PC builder here?
I am.
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by wman(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2017
Nice thread.

If any one needs PC games, we have a lot of them and we deliver all over Nigeria.

Our Nairaland thread is https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by BlaQWolf: 7:23am On Aug 03, 2017
Innodon:
I'm currently using HP 17.3, with Nvidia GForce GTX 840M, 8GB RAM, 1TB storage. I can play any game with my system .be it FIFA 16, FIFA 17, Mortal Kombat, Mafia 3, to m^ntion but a few. I can't stop loving my system. I sell PC games as well.

How much does your system go for in today's market?
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by joshkke(m): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2017
YesNoMaybe:
Any PC builder here?

What do you need? I can build you a system. 09090000522:
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by Innodon(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by DRPAIT123(m): 7:49am On Aug 03, 2017
Game,gamer,gamest
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by GeniusDavid(m): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2017
harzhan:
I am.
What does it take to be one?
Re: How To Choose A Gaming Laptop In 2017 by okenwaa(m): 8:04am On Aug 03, 2017
I dey game ; so I no dey play game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Network's Cheapest Data Plans For PC, Android, Iphone And Ipad / Free! Free! Free ! Free.free Proxy Today.us,canada,uk E.t.c All Coumtry / Ikeja Computer Village To Be Relocated To Katangowa Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.