Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane (26563 Views)

This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Adeyeancah(m): 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
Two pilots of Air Algerie have been
suspended for allowing a 10-year-old
orphaned boy to control a domestic
passenger flight in fulfilment of his dreams. shocked

According to local media, the pilots were
suspended because the act was a breach of civil
aviation regulations.
The boy’s adventure was filmed by a TV crew as
part of a charity initiative and aired on local
television station El Bilad on July 26, reports
say.

The pilots were suspended on July 29 for
investigation into the incident, it added.
The number of passengers in the flight is
unknown.

The boy, dressed like a pilot, was filmed seated
in the cockpit and pushing buttons under the
supervision of the two pilots during a flight
from the capital Algiers to Setif in the east.

The video showed the boy being taken around
the plane before take off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMGm5TebUGw&itct=CBcQpDAYACITCKjmuZ74utUCFTfQVQodZH8GVFIrMiBhbGdlcmlhbnMgbGV0IGEgMTAgeWVhciBvbGQgZmxpZXMgYSBwbGFuZQ%3D%3D&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG

http://www.africanews.com/2017/08/03/algerian-pilots-suspended-for-allowing-child-to-control-domestic-flight/

Cc: lalasticlala , ijelove, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Mynd44: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
Wait, during a flight?

Okay, they deserve to be suspended. I dont care if they supervised it or not, dont put people at risk to look good.

Same goes for that NCAA (or is it FAAN) staff that allowed Don Jazzy ride a motorized cart in MMA.

People steady putting themselves in trouble needlessly

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Sleyanya1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
Trust me the experienced pilots already knew they'd be suspended or worse, notwithstanding they made a decision to help someone achieve his Dream.

P.S: It was under their instructions and supervision.

I strongly think they made a good decision.

God bless them.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Evablizin(f): 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
shocked

Bull shiit,what type of nonsense is this?what to Robotics,they should have allowed him to fly a robot plane than to joke with human lifes

5 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by speezyWears: 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
The guy above me is evil shocked

3 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by maxiuc(m): 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
.remembered that Air peace pilot who was praying nd dancing inside the cockpit with souls on board

This is a working country

Why not give the boy an empty plane to fly

That's why I keep saying it 95% of air mishap are pilot errors

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by brunofarad(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
shocked

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by MhizzAJ(f): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
what nonsense
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by cristianisraeli: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
abeg make him no go land the plane for pentagon

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by spaggyy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
The boy has a future

1 Like

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
Imagine...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by seunny4lif(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Which kind rubbish be that

This is really serious o oooh, people lives may have be lost ooooooooooooh
Joking with people's lives
In fact make they jail the pilots

5 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
shocked
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by segebase(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
tt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Princess4Donald: 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
ok
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
ok. great
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by lenghtinny(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
They deserve what they got angry...

If the boy wants to fulfil his dreams, he should wait till he's old enough to be a pilot or play with flight simulators for now...

5 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Quality20(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
Not really proper I will say. They deserve more than suspension . It's not enough to know how to pilot or drive or operate - plane, car and humans respectively - u have to know d principles and how to manage unforeseen circumstances and lastly be of age with necessary mental capacity and maturity etc

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by morikee: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
grin shocked
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Mynd44: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
maxiuc:
.remembered that Air peace pilot who was praying nd dancing inside the cockpit with souls on board

This is a working country

Why not give the boy an empty plane to fly

That's why I keep saying it 95% of air mishap are pilot errors
That one that should be fired

3 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by babyfaceafrica: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
Theor licences should be revoked..what rubbish!!!!
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Krystaal(m): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
Good thing they suspended them....they are fulfilling a boy's dream by risking people lives...what if it's one stubborn 10yr old like my uncle kid and he press something else

5 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by medolab90(m): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
Next
Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Taryur3(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
10yrs old? It seems this flying of a plane is as easy as the first three Alphabets if you can just follow the instructions.

3 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
Although it was a risky adventure, that lad will remain grateful for Eva.

2 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by swagguElite(m): 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
They are trained pilots! ... It is obvious by the look on the boy's face that he is taking instructions from the pilot!

Nd no pilot would gv full control of the plane to a kid! ...its either he is pressing buttons controlling the ACs or the planes WiFi buttons tongue

Nd to dat n!gga dat said ....95% of plane crash are caused by pilot's error! ...ar yu kidding me? ... Engine failure n birds are major causes for plane accidents! ...yes! ...birds yu might b surprised! ...it is not like car driving! ..imagine when yuar driving yu see a cow or a goat ...yu swerve!

But imagine a plane swerving because of a Bird ...will they even see the bird! ..most of these birds get caught up in the engine blades n create problem.

Am sure n!ggas are going to quote like a Bible verse now! ...since a lot of dem are against the pilot! ..I just believe the pilot is reasonable enough not to gv the young aspiring pilot full control of the Airbus!

_n meanwhile while quoting me call me fool,idiot or anytin abusive like dat! ...yu might get my attention faster! Who knows! kiss

7 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Maslow80: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Either helping a boy to achieved his dream or not, it is unprofessional, because of the lives of people on board.

2 Likes

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by greatman247(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
Their suspension was in order. The two pilots should have waited till they put all of their own family members on board before allowing that boy fly the plane not when passengers are on board. That's not professional at all, they endangered the lives of passengers. It's against the work ethics.

1 Like

Re: Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane by Mynd44: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
swagguElite:
They are trained pilots! ... It is obvious by the look on the boy's face that he is taking instructions from the pilot!

Nd no pilot would gv full control of the plane to a kid! ...its either he is pressing buttons controlling the ACs or the planes WiFi buttons tongue

Nd to dat n!gga dat said ....95% of plane crash are caused by pilot's error! ...ar yu kidding me? ... Engine failure n birds are major causes for plane accidents! ...yes! ...birds yu might b surprised! ...it is not like car driving! ..imagine when yuar driving yu see a cow or a goat ...yu swerve!

But imagine a plane swerving because of a Bird ...will they even see the bird! ..most of these birds get caught up in the engine blades n create problem.

Am sure n!ggas are going to quote like a Bible verse now! ...since a lot of dem are against the pilot! ..I just believe the pilot is reasonable enough not to gv the young aspiring pilot full control of the Airbus!

_n meanwhile while quoting me call me fool,idiot or anytin abusive like dat! ...yu might get my attention faster! Who knows! kiss
The next time you go into surgery, the doctor should bring an 8 year old in to fiddle with your insides while the "professional"surgeon gives instructions and supervises.

How do you feel about that?

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasarawa Residents Scoop Fuel From A Fallen Tanker (Photos) / Stop Asking Nigerians To Write IELTS (Petition) / 19-year-old Nigerian Among Refugees Rescued From The Mediterranean (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.