Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? (1335 Views)

Top 10 Most Popular Guys On Nairaland / What Do Nigerians Think About Americans / Why Do Nigerians Celebrate Mother's Day In Almost Every Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by KayDEAN(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
I'm a 300 level student of ESUT on my Industrial Training. Everything has been going well with me and my lecturers since my hundred level regarding my hair which has always been relatively high compared to that of my classmates although some busy body lecturers taunt me about it.

So fast forward to my 300l first semester, I received one of the worst comments when a lecturer told me that with the way I look, I won't be able to graduate ESUT in the next 5 years, I felt bad but I had to relax, say nothing and do nothing because of the lecturer was in charge of biology results sad. And I had a little problem with biology in my first year, that was the first major incident.

Around 3 months ago when the I.T started, I one man working in my office asked me who I was looking for. I replied saying, "I work here". He laughed hard and told me that I shouldnt bother myself with school, that I should follow music (this man fully knows I work there oh), school wasn't my calling, then that was it, I couldn't take anymore of that BS, so I told him that he should be ashamed of himself for discouraging a younger brother in the field instead of directing me, that sparked a very hot argument at work that day but most of the workers were on my side

I kept the hair till Sunday, the next week. And to my surprise, when I went to receive Holy communion, the priest almost skipped me, he wasn't smiling at the hair at all.

All these and more prompted me to lower the hair, but what I don't understand is why "adults" feel this new haircut of mine would make me more responsible, Most cultists, armed robbers and rapists are on lowcut, Its only in Nigeria that the size of your hair shows your level of recklessness, the worst part is I know that if lowcut comes in vogue, they will prefer afro, if afro comes in vogue, they will prefer molo angry. Just like what happened to pencil and bongo trousers

Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by amzee(m): 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ask Ifa or Amadioha
Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by forreelinc(m): 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
grin can u trust this guy with your money?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by fk001(m): 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
Guy make you grow your hair nothing do you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by donbenie(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
Looking RESPONSIBLE is good business..humans are visual beings and first impression matters with regards to the society you found yourself..I personally wouldn't trust anybody I subconsciously tagged as a RUFFIAN either..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by Laryne(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
Better pikin = low cut
The one wey fit spoil at anytime and sabi shame = afro
The one wey don spoil = mohawk
The one wey him own don finish = dred (dada)
The one wey spoil but sabi pretend = gorimakpa (skull)
Pikin wey him papa still dey control = Bicycle seat (tyson)

You can't really tell a good or a bad guy from his hairstyle. But that is how most of us are condemned before they get a chance to know us.
Meanwhile as you shout the man, e fit confirm his summation say you be bad boy. .. na sense them dey take follow these kind matter o. Person fit see shadow come conclude say the thing na black...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by Laryne(m): 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
forreelinc:
grin can u trust this guy with your money?

I go carry the money play baba Ijebu...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by holatin(m): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
because the desirable hair cut for mad men is the opposite of low cut
Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by KayDEAN(m): 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
Laryne:
Better pikin = low cut
The one wey fit spoil at anytime and sabi shame = afro
The one wey don spoil = mohawk
The one wey him own don finish = dred (dada)
The one wey spoil but sabi pretend = gorimakpa (skull)
Pikin wey him papa still dey control = Bicycle seat (tyson)

You can't really tell a good or a bad guy from his hairstyle. But that is how most of us are condemned before they get a chance to know us.
Meanwhile as you shout the man, e fit confirm his summation say you be bad boy. .. na sense them dey take follow these kind matter o. Person fit see shadow come conclude say the thing na black...
OK thanks for the info
Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by phayvoursky(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2017
@ op; sorry about your experiences but a known saying says "dress the way you want to be addressed". Many youths have come up to say looks doesn't matter but my bro, the way our society is channeled, you are been judged by your looks first before you are given a listening ear.

I try as much as possible to look neat on low cut with a good smile attached to my countenance.

Let me give you a quick example: About 4 sundays ago during evening hours, I took a stroll with 2 friends of mine they had this punk hairstyle while i kept my regular low cut and believe me we were all neatly dressed.

On getting to the bus stop to board a bus to somewhere nearby, I left my friends to get airtime, within seconds sars operative came from no where and began to harass my friends, a little scene started building up, I left airtime and ran back to where they were and demanded what the issue was.

The sars guy were like "bros who are you?" I told them they were my bosom friends and we were going to a location, good thing was that all our statement corresponded. Later we thought about the issue and came to notice that their hairstyle attracted those guys.

So its best not be caught in any web of such.

And talking about office and church; you should give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar. You shouldn't look like a musician in an office or church environment and one more thing, take corrections don't argue with you superiors to get people against him. You are just on I.T, he might be you employer tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Consider Guys On Lowcut More Responsible? by KayDEAN(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2017
phayvoursky:
@ op; sorry about your experiences but a known saying says "dress the way you want to be addressed". Many youths have come up to say looks doesn't matter but my bro, the way our society is channeled, you are been judged by your looks first before you are given a listening ear.

I try as much as possible to look neat on low cut with a good smile attached to my countenance.

Let me give you a quick example: About 4 sundays ago during evening hours, I took a stroll with 2 friends of mine they had this punk hairstyle while i kept my regular low cut and believe me we were all neatly dressed.

On getting to the bus stop to board a bus to somewhere nearby, I left my friends to get airtime, within seconds sars operative came from no where and began to harass my friends, a little scene started building up, I left airtime and ran back to where they were and demanded what the issue was.

The sars guy were like "bros who are you?" I told them they were my bosom friends and we were going to a location, good thing was that all our statement corresponded. Later we thought about the issue and came to notice that their hairstyle attracted those guys.

So its best not be caught in any web of such.

And talking about office and church; you should give to ceasar what belongs to ceasar. You shouldn't look like a musician in an office or church environment and one more thing, take corrections don't argue with you superiors to get people against him. You are just on I.T, he might be you employer tomorrow.
thanks man

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Science, Technology Roadmap To Tackle Capital Flight / Breaking The Family Generational Cycle Of Poverty / Glo Everyday Bonaza First Set Of Prizes Presentation Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.