Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian (5757 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by babycute(f): 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2005
Battling with sin and the world as a christian: what has been your worst experience?

The road to heaven is a very narrow race. And we all run towards one mark that is Jesus. How as your race been so far? I’ll share one battle I've always had. I hope you guys would trust me with your own battle stories.

Sometime late last year, I made a resolution not to go beyond kissing my boyfriend because being a strong believer of no sex before marriage, I found out that gradually my walls were being leveled, and each day I crossed restricted boundaries.

Jan 1st 2005. I had made up my mind, and prayed for God's strength to see me through. Guess what? Sometime 1st wk in January I almost had sex with my boyfriend. In fact in my mind I don't feel like a virgin anymore. It was horrible afterwards (you see this flesh?)I enjoyed it while it was on, but when I finally summoned courage to stop, I went home’s cried and cried and cried. One would think I’d done it. I felt so dirty and couldn’t pray - I was so sad.

Then after a long talk with a sister, aunty and close friend n church, I decided to fast and ask God for help. I felt so much better after spending time with God praying and reading my bible.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by babycute(f): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2005
The funny thing was I still couldn’t let go of him, but I knew I was threading on dangerous grounds. I eventually broke up with him. I hope and pray that God will help me through the time I have left at 22 to keep me from doing anything silly, but it's not easy at all.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by tassmal(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2005
Sister I feel you! It aint easy.

I think that is what makes heaven much more valuable - imagine what it be like for Jesus to say "aha my child you were faithful, welcome home". I tell you it is out of this world, literally!

Hold on. It's tough, real tough, but there is good news! We are not alone! God and other believers are always here to give a Hand. If you need one just halla!
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by prettyH(f): 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2005
This is the realest post I've read so far on Nairaland. I understand how you feel. We all battle with trials and tribulations on a daily basis, but there are some that break you down. You made one of the boldest and best decisions of your life.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by tassmal(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2005
i agree.. by the way prettyh nice to meet ya.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by prettyH(f): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2005
u too cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by babycute(f): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2005
Thanks tassmal and prettyh.i didnt tnk anyone wld even take a 2nd glance at dis post.il sure hola wen i nid ur friendly advices
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2005
God will continue to help and strengthen you, remember there hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; meaning you, me, and everyone that answers homo sapiens, but God in his infinite love and mercy will make a way of escape.....hang in there, im sure God is proud of you, irrespective of what your flesh or the devil accuses you of.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by gabuu(m): 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2005
It;s so funny that you want to stay away from sin and yet you limit it to only kissing. My dear friend Nature does not know joke (If you play with fire, it will burn you) neither does it know when you are applying halve measure or full. Kissing leads to sex. Thinking of sex also leads to kissing then sex. and sex is what you want to avoid. Right? Then 'keep the thoughts of your heart pure' that way you are sure to make heaven.
I pray for strenght for us all in our journey through life.
Gabuuu
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by prettyH(f): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2005
See gabuu, no human doesn't think of sex. Its the way u handle these thots that matters. Kissing may or maynot lead to sex but once it is started , it is difficult to resist the temptation to go all the way. So we pray for God's guidiance everyday to live a holy life.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2005
and we have a high priest who understands the body of our infirmity, we are not condoning sin here, we are only encuraging each other on to perfection.

Thanks for that PrettyH
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by babycute(f): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2005
Gabuu thanks for the word of advice.its nt dat u go in2every relationship with the intention to kiss or handle..it happens.so knowing things like dat cld happen,its better to draw boundaries,u get? Dats what i did..its difficult to explain but im merely human with emotions..prettyh and nice2have thanks for feeling me on this.hpe 2 read mur 4rm u guys.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by gabuu(m): 10:55am On Dec 20, 2005
Babaycute. I assure you that keeping the thoughts of your heart pure is possible. Just like learning how to ride a bicycle or drive a car.
simply select the kind of books you read, or the programme you watch and the kind of people you get attracted to. mind what comes forth from your lips. It is a gradual prosess. So many have done it, and I know you can do it.
But this one thing I tell you. Sex is beutiful and sweet if done with some one you really love. The icing on the cake is lovely kids, who either look like you or your partner.
Every time I see my kids (especially my daughter) I am glad I waited. smiley
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2005
Gabuu you said it well and i am glad for you for your testimony, just one question though; "you never had sex, or cuddle or kiss before you got married"? just referring to your statement....

Every time I see my kids (especially my daughter) I am glad I waited.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by babycute(f): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2005
Yea gabuu .pls tell us if u didnt do stuffs like dat.and i swear ill d be so so inspired.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by tassmal(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2005
i guess he waited... men gabuu i feel u. i love ur persective. u know God is so good he makes all things beautiful
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by gabuu(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2005
I guess the reason why I kept the faith was because of FEAR. My mummy said that if I TOUCH a woman she will get pregnant. Pregnancy means no more scholl. I love schooll. I had a choice either concentrate in school or mess around. I chose to stay in school.
At age 21, I had my first girl friend in the university. I didn't know what to do with a girlfriend. the fear of pregnancy was topmost on my mind. we broke up. reason? she said "Gabuuu, you are a fine guy but no action"
During my NYSC days the babes kept coming ( I take style fine oooH) but as usual, no action.
meeeeeeeeen!! I was afraid to make a mistake.
Towards the end of my service year, i met this girl from the east, who was a fine girl but no action. We became very good friends and because we had a common feeling (Fear) we trusted each other.
One day we decided to give it a try and see how things will turn out. We used precautions of course! you wont beleive what happended, she got pregnant! so, we got married.
\My case is exceptional and if I am to walk this world again I can assure you that I will make love to a woman by age 18. I missed out on a lot of things.
Maybe that is why the Almighty compensated me with the most adorable woman on earth.
Keep the flag flyin
Gabuuu
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2005
In other words you didnt really wait...... rolleyes
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by babycute(f): 12:31am On Dec 22, 2005
Hmm , gabuu.  Anyway I'm happy you ended up together.  Do you know that apart from religion, my fear about sex is that I'd get pregnant the very first time I do it.  Nicetohave don't you have any story to share?
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by GbagoClark(m): 1:12am On Dec 22, 2005
Dear, Fear is good sometimes.

If not for moral restriction (Fear of offending God and man). Imagine the scenerio that would be obtainable. Am sexually active but would always be the first to acknowledge that a lot of creative powers are lost through sex than through any other means. Believe me it is difficult to give up what one enjoys so much thats why heaven demands a sacrifice and denial. Kudos for succeeding but it is an on going affair .... a smooth, operator might come along.

babycute:

Do you know that apart from religion, my fear about sex is that I'd get pregnant the very first time I do it.

My ex had this same fear and we kept gradually "washing away the wall" (i.e Kissing, cuddling e.t.c) till the wall fell. She got pregnant and gave me a baby boy she is 22 now the baby would be 2yrs on 6th Jan. Though we parted on mutual consent.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by tassmal(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2005
well his (gabuu) story is sad a bit. but i guess his waiting was great becos he met a fine girl. now supoose as he said he satrted at 18. i bet u he would have had a different story. look waiting is good.

look 2 things we should try to keep in mind, if we break the law of the maker dont u think tyhere are some consequences. hey there are even if we dont see them. pregrancy ,aids, stds are not the only thing.. how about lack of trust, uncontrollable lust.

i still think and believe though gabuu says he has the most adorable woman( i hope iquoted correctly) privately he wished he waited and didnt sleep with her b4 he said i do.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by Seun(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2005
babycute:
Do you know that apart from religion, my fear about sex is that I'd get pregnant the very first time I do it?

GbagoClark:
My ex had this same fear and we kept gradually "washing away the wall" (i.e Kissing, cuddling e.t.c) till the wall fell. She got pregnant and gave me a baby boy she is 22 now the baby would be 2yrs on 6th Jan.

Don't you people know what a [size=18pt]condom[/size] is? And if you're worried that the condom might fail, can't you put yourself on the [size=18pt]pill[/size] at the same time?
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by naijaguru(m): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2005
What?!

You mean sex before marriage is a sin? I cant believe what I am reading shocked

Abeg use condom if you dey fear.....

Sex is so sweet to ignore...but only a matured mind can enjoy it wella!
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2005
Sorry smart one the condom doesn't guarantee 100% protection.........duh

if used correctly the protection with condom is near 100%, and why must we always look for the remote things and not the most probable, in the context of this discussion......aside the condom breaking completely, it affords 100% prevention of pregnancy, so obviously gabuu was going "raw" with his fiancee
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by dm(m): 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2005
From the start this sounded  and was a religious talk (discussion)........what the He** happened.You guyz have turned it to something else. sad angry

My advice for ya'll is to be more rightousness consious than been sin consious 'minded'...because thinkin about sin will only make u SIN
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by prettyH(f): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2005
Seun obviously u had a problem with my post because it was directed at you cheesy. When next u decide to remove my post, tell me bout it.

I wonder why people are talking bout condoms sef when we know abstinense is the best.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by mide2(f): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2005
good heavens.it's easy how things get mixed up. I was begining to get spiritually inspired and before i know it...the thread changed to some sex education and later hard feelings.nawa o.God help us all indeed. This heaven, i wonder how many people will make it eventually.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by dm(m): 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2005
Thank u my sista wink
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2005
good heavens.it's easy how things get mixed up. I was begining to get spiritually inspired and before i know it...the thread changed to some sex education and later hard feelings.nawa o.God help us all indeed. This heaven, i wonder how many people will make it eventually

You dont have to wonder about how many people will enter heaven eventually, you only have to strive to enter in yourself
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by mide2(f): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2005
Thanx for the piece of advice nicetohave..........hope to see u there sha.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by nicetohave(m): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2005
Its a narrow path mide, id love to see you and everyone on nairaland there......however if you make up your mind to be there and i make up my mind to be there then i shall see you there, because with God nothing shall be impossible.
Re: Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian by ocho(f): 3:39am On Dec 24, 2005
@babycute: Your story is so very inspirational. It is hard, it definately is but i think, it is soooo worth it. keep being strong baby girl, and even when you feel the least weak, remember that the lord is your strenght. He strenghtnes us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Problem With The Atheist / A Lesson To Learn From Bolivia / Create Riches Or Wealth With Occult Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.