Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space (4061 Views)

Oracle Alerts Nigerians To More Cyber Security Breaches / 10 Ways To Secure Your Blog or Website / NITDA Suspends All Sites With “jamb” As Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by edunwablog: 6:59am On Aug 04, 2017
ESET has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), to ensure maximum protection of both private and public organisations gateways.

ESET, an IT security company that offers anti-virus and firewall products, said that with the MoU signed with NITDA and its Secure School Initiative, millions of students in the tertiary institutions will receive free anti-malware solutions from ESET.
The firm also works with NITDA to provide standards and guidelines in the protection of Nigeria cyberspace and ensuring that all federal government MDAs’ IT infrastructures are secured.

The agreement signed by parties in Abuja recently, will enable NITDA and governments institutions IT administrators to have access to periodic Cyber security training by ESET experts on emerging threats.
“We are at a defining moment in the evolution and growth of the Internet in running day to day activities and deliverables of Government and schools. Large-scale data breaches, ransomware attack, cybercrime, surveillance and other online threats are eroding Nigerians’ trust on Government e-platforms/websites and affecting how they use the Internet in as a whole,” Dr. Isa Ali Pantami PhD, NITDA Director-General disclosed.
He said that this makes the partnership highly necessary to provide awareness and education on cybersecurity and also ensure that all government and private institutions are protected by a tested and trusted IT Security Solution Provider.
ESET, will support and drive NITDA’s role in providing and jointly developing frameworks for data protection and safe cyberspace in Nigeria, Olufemi Ake, ESET Country Manager told Nigeria CommunicationsWeek.
The partnership which is also part of activities to mark 30th anniversary of ESET, Mr. Ake said, it will also provide schools in Nigeria with internet security on their connected devices through a scheme tagged “ESET Secure School Initiative”.
While introducing ESET Secure School Initiative, Mr Ake said the scheme is designed is to sensitize over 70% of the academia in cyber security and the need for proactive protection of research data.
http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/eset-nitda-move-to-secure-nigerias.html

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2017
Cannot believe how gullible our leaders are. Really. Of all the agencies, NITDA? Nigeria should have it's own local software company offering the same product yet our leaders will sign memorandum of understanding with companies that have only sales offices in the country.
Btw, all ESET products are known to have backdoors for the CIA to snoop on its users.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by ijeebest: 7:12am On Aug 04, 2017
Good one
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
Can we scan Bubu with it?
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by Buharimustgo: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
I hope this is not the beginning of limiting the activities of Nigerians on Social media as APC govt has been threatening?
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
An American hacker who I met on an online game told me,

'The next World War is going to be online and it's between hackers.'

Delving deeper to what he said, he was absolutely on point. Going by the recent cyber attack like ransomeware, I can imagine what the future holds.. But i doubt if Nigeria is ready.. They need to up there game.. Is there a course in our university that focus on programming and it's application.. ? I doubt. Those engineering students who end up learning C++ as part of a course where merely cramming codes they will later forget after the exam..

Hmmmmm
www.entmirror.com

7 Likes

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by LAFO: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by mcayo: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by free2ryhme: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
edunwablog:
ESET has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), to ensure maximum protection of both private and public organisations gateways.

ESET, an IT security company that offers anti-virus and firewall products, said that with the MoU signed with NITDA and its Secure School Initiative, millions of students in the tertiary institutions will receive free anti-malware solutions from ESET.
The firm also works with NITDA to provide standards and guidelines in the protection of Nigeria cyberspace and ensuring that all federal government MDAs’ IT infrastructures are secured.

The agreement signed by parties in Abuja recently, will enable NITDA and governments institutions IT administrators to have access to periodic Cyber security training by ESET experts on emerging threats.
“We are at a defining moment in the evolution and growth of the Internet in running day to day activities and deliverables of Government and schools. Large-scale data breaches, ransomware attack, cybercrime, surveillance and other online threats are eroding Nigerians’ trust on Government e-platforms/websites and affecting how they use the Internet in as a whole,” Dr. Isa Ali Pantami PhD, NITDA Director-General disclosed.
He said that this makes the partnership highly necessary to provide awareness and education on cybersecurity and also ensure that all government and private institutions are protected by a tested and trusted IT Security Solution Provider.
ESET, will support and drive NITDA’s role in providing and jointly developing frameworks for data protection and safe cyberspace in Nigeria, Olufemi Ake, ESET Country Manager told Nigeria CommunicationsWeek.
The partnership which is also part of activities to mark 30th anniversary of ESET, Mr. Ake said, it will also provide schools in Nigeria with internet security on their connected devices through a scheme tagged “ESET Secure School Initiative”.
While introducing ESET Secure School Initiative, Mr Ake said the scheme is designed is to sensitize over 70% of the academia in cyber security and the need for proactive protection of research data.
http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/eset-nitda-move-to-secure-nigerias.html

See hammer
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by free2ryhme: 7:14am On Aug 04, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

To whom a brain is given common sense is required
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by muller101(m): 7:16am On Aug 04, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by free2ryhme: 7:17am On Aug 04, 2017
It is high time Nigeria own her own anitivirus company or create one by the govt

Imagine your cyberspace in the hand of foreigners.

US gov and UK gov won't even try it.

You have old men with degrees only as bragging rights but useless and unproductive when it comes to innovation

5 Likes

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by dfrost: 7:18am On Aug 04, 2017
Develop local content for crying out loud. What is CPN and it's sister body NCS doing? angry

It's time for Professors Asor and Aderounmu wake up and force the FG's hands on using local content. We can't fold our hands and watch all this rubbish.

All IT practitioners (graduates or self-trained) especially the young ones, should go and get registered with CPN so we can be a force to be reckoned with.

Every year we spend on conferences that yield little or nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by yomalex(m): 7:20am On Aug 04, 2017
nice but
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by Kagarko(m): 7:26am On Aug 04, 2017
Very good.

NITDA should ensure that they produce their own service and stop these purchase from foreigners who might be agents of CIA and co.

Pantami you have shown that you are an excellent DG with brain.

4 Likes

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by serverconnect(m): 7:45am On Aug 04, 2017
Nice one
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by AerialMapper: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2017
NITDA is a useless parastatal! They do nothing except pay themselves massive salaries for doing nothing. An agency where the DG takes home 25m a year, a level 14 officer is on 14m a year all for nothing. Scrap useless agencies

1 Like

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by salesforce: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2017
Good
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by nictech: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2017
Nigeria which way?

We have been cheated offline by white Men, Now is online.

Nigeria which way?

1 Like

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2017
muller101:

free2ryhme:

To whom a brain is given common sense is required

I see you...
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by agitator: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2017
free2ryhme:
It is high time Nigeria own her own anitivirus company or create one by the govt

Imagine your cyberspace in the hand of foreigners.

US gov and UK gov won't even try it.

You have old men with degrees only as bragging rights but useless and unproductive when it comes to innovation

grin grin grin
Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by wayaa007(m): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2017
HenryDion:
An American hacker who I met on an online game told me,

'The next World War is going to be online and it's between hackers.'

Delving deeper to what he said, he was absolutely on point. Going by the recent cyber attack like ransomeware, I can imagine what the future holds.. But i doubt if Nigeria is ready.. They need to up there game.. Is there a course in our university that focus on programming and it's application.. ? I doubt. Those engineering students who end up learning C++ as part of a course where merely cramming codes they will later forget after the exam..

Hmmmmm
www.entmirror.com

My guy you are very correct, as a cyber security analyst, the things we see these days, dey make me open mouth, when some of my clients call me to point at an attack on their system, I will just shout "CHRIST"

Painful part is anti viruses aren't really the solution, they just stall known viruses and ransomware. They don't save you from a zero day attack or a vulnerability from your operating system, examples are Ransomware and Petya Attacks

1 Like

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 04, 2017
wayaa007:

My guy you are very correct, as a cyber security analyst, the things we see these days, dey make me open mouth, when some of my clients call me to point at an attack on their system, I will just shout "CHRIST"

Painful part is anti viruses aren't really the solution, they just stall known viruses and ransomware. They don't save you from a zero day attack or a vulnerability from your operating system, examples are Ransomware and Petya Attacks

Antivirus was created by them.. So they know the backdoor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eset, Nitda Move To Secure Nigeria’s Cyber Space by dermmy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Cannot believe how gullible our leaders are. Really. Of all the agencies, NITDA? Nigeria should have it's own local software company offering the same product yet our leaders will sign memorandum of understanding with companies that have only sales offices in the country.
Btw, all ESET products are known to have backdoors for the CIA to snoop on its users.

You nail am

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Create A Simple Forum Like Nairaland Using Wordpress / A Nigerian mobile/desktop Local Weather Site [weather9ja.com] / How To Build A Livescore Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.