Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari (1151 Views)

Soyinka Denies Criticising Pmb’s Administration / Okonjo-Iweala Denies Making Biafra The 'Richest Country In The World' Comment / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Denies Speech At UN Summit In Mauritania (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by obailala(m): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2017
Economy: Okonjo-Iweala denies criticising Buhari

A former Nigerian finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has denied reports that she made scathing remarks against President Muhammadu Buhari.

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala made this disclaimer via a post on her Facebook wall on Tuesday.

Reacting to the social media reports which alleged that she faulted the present administration, the ex-minister said the reports were false.

“My attention has been drawn to a spurious and nefarious story circulating on the internet,” she wrote.
“The story makes false claims of utterances against President Buhari.

“I had earlier debunked the same fake news on Jan 5 , 2017, but it is obviously in some people’s interest to see this falsehood circulate again,” she wrote Tuesday.
PREMIUM TIMES observes that the January 5 disclaimer was posted on her wall and signed by her Media Adviser, Paul Nwabukwu.

“The comments on the performance of the Nigerian economy being circulated by unknown persons and attributed to Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala were not made by her,” Mr. Nwabukwu had said.

“Like the previous fake audio by an imposter pretending to be her , this is another desperate action by mischievous persons.

“The former minister doesn’t need anyone to speak for her because , as everyone knows, she is very capable of speaking for herself . We urge the media and Nigerian public to ignore these petty gimmicks.

On Tuesday, Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala again urged the Nigerian reading public to ignore such fake news.
“Kindly ignore this. These junk news outlets are hereby warned to cease and desist,” she wrote.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/238901-economy-okonjo-iweala-denies-criticising-buhari.html#comments

Above is the response of NOI to silly concoctions contained in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3956996/how-president-buhari-plunged-nigeria#58998817

Some pathetic PDP/Jonathanian losers just sit behind their computer day and night conjuring silly lies and propaganda and falsely attributing their nonsense to distinguished personalities in order to gain validation.

In the thread above, I rightly mentioned that there was absolutely no way NOI would use such language, but of course, that didnt stop the target audience from masturbating over the obviously false and senseless publication.

Cc: BraniacX, Kenny4lyfe
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:55am On Aug 04, 2017
What's the OP saying ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by rozayx5(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
What's the OP saying ?

the zombie op is trying to say that buhari is running the best economy in the world and NOI is endorsing him cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by fk001(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2017
I knew it was a lie fabricated by those potor potor boys to create a division.

How fa about the white house visit we are still waiting or is it a secret visit cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by Otradearena: 7:57am On Aug 04, 2017
Na who I go ask.......
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by okawanyi(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2017
Even if she didn't , the entire nigerians knows this administration is failure

1 Like

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2017
rozayx5:

the zombie op is trying to say that buhari is running the best economy in the world and NOI is endorsing him cheesy cheesy cheesy
The guy is just too phoolish, does anyone need to hear from NOI that bubu is a useless man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by obailala(m): 8:02am On Aug 04, 2017
I can already see two brain dead zombies who have absolutely no iota of shame in their systems still masturbating over their collective stupidity which has already been busted; you obviously feel pained that your foolishness has been laid bare... You and your ilk created an obviously false publication, impersonating NOI to discredit people; your lie was exposed, but you still have the faces to come throw insults around. 'Idiots and pigs' can certainly never be washed.

1 Like

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by rozayx5(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2017
okawanyi:
Even if she didn't , the entire nigerians knows this administration is failure

except the OP and his other hordes of zombies

cool

1 Like

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2017
obailala:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/238901-economy-okonjo-iweala-denies-criticising-buhari.html#comments

Some pathetic PDP/Jonathanian losers just sit behind their computer day and night conjuring silly lies and propaganda and falsely attributing their nonsense to distinguished personalities in order to gain validation.

In the thread above, I rightly mentioned that there was absolutely no way NOI would use such language, but of course, that didnt stop the target audience from masturbating over the obviously false and senseless publication.

Ok! You've made your point. Biko chop knockle!
I wasn't aware that this post has been in circulation for the past 8 months (thanks to my prolonged absence from NL politics section). Haven said that, I apologize.

BUT

Whoever concocted this criticism of PMB even though he hid under the cloak of NOI's popularity (a mistake on his part), made valid points. That was a poor tactic used to drive his message closer home but the facts stare us in the face still.

My 1kobo
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by obailala(m): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

Ok! You've made your point. Biko chop knockle!
I wasn't aware that this post has been in circulation for the past 8 months (thanks to my prolong absence from NL politics section). Haven said that, I apologize.

BUT

Whoever concocted this criticism of PMB even though he hid under the cloak on NOI's popularity (a mistake on his part), made valid points. That was a poor tactic to drive his message closer home but the facts stare us in the face still.

My 1kobo
He made what points?... Made points that Buhari's presence caused recession and not oil price crash?... Made sense in what way exactly?... That it was Buhari who squandered reserves from over $60bn to $30bn (even at a time the country made the highest income) ensuring there was virtually nothing in terms of forex savings to bail the country from a surprise oil price drop??... That it was Buhari who ensured Nigeria damaged all its refineries and ensured we spent half of our forex importing petroleum products?... I'm sure it was also Buhari that made sure Nigeria became a dangerously import dependent nation where just about everything from fuel, toothpicks, polythene, clothes, glass, steel, sugar, palm oil etc was imported over the years in massive quantity?... It was probably also Buhari who ensured that an import dependent nation like ours sourced over 93% of its forex from the sale of a volatile commodity?

A narrative might be made for too long and it might be supported by even intellectuals in order to nudge the govt to sit up (after all Buhari and his men were voted into office to clean the mess), but that doesn't necessarily mean the narrative makes complete sense. The only actual statement NOI has made about the recession is that "Lack of political will to save during times of high oil prices" was the chief cause; NOI is an intellectual who wouldn't let her intelligence and integrity be messed up by ignoring the truth and throwing political jabs instead.
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by BraniacX(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2017
obailala:

yeah true, you're absolutely right but still, devoid of the messenger, the message remains valid

1 Like

Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by obailala(m): 9:55am On Aug 04, 2017
BraniacX:
yeah true, you're absolutely right but still, devoid of the messenger, the message remains valid
Valid message right?... What's so valid about the message?
obailala:
He made what points?... Made points that Buhari's presence caused recession and not oil price crash?... Made sense in what way exactly?... That it was Buhari who squandered reserves from over $60bn to $30bn (even at a time the country made the highest income) ensuring there was virtually nothing in terms of forex savings to bail the country from a surprise oil price drop??... That it was Buhari who ensured Nigeria damaged all its refineries and ensured we spent half of our forex importing petroleum products?... I'm sure it was also Buhari that made sure Nigeria became a dangerously import dependent nation where just about everything from fuel, toothpicks, polythene, clothes, glass, steel, sugar, palm oil etc was imported over the years in massive quantity?... It was probably also Buhari who ensured that an import dependent nation like ours sourced over 93% of its forex from the sale of a volatile commodity?

A narrative might be made for too long and it might be supported by even intellectuals in order to nudge the govt to sit up (after all Buhari and his men were voted into office to clean the mess), but that doesn't necessarily mean the narrative makes complete sense. The only actual statement NOI has made about the recession is that "Lack of political will to save during times of high oil prices" was the chief cause; NOI is an intellectual who wouldn't let her intelligence and integrity be messed up by ignoring the truth and throwing political jabs instead.
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2017
obailala:

Valid message right?... What's so valid about the message?
And your own dismissive narrative holds water and would survive scrutiny right? undecided well, according to you anyway, a bit busy now, later in the day I'll give this debate the attention it so really deserves
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by obailala(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2017
BraniacX:

And your own dismissive narrative holds water and would survive scrutiny right? undecided well, according to you anyway, a bit busy now, later in the day I'll give this debate the attention it so really deserves
Would love to see how you can dismiss those things I pointed out and then enthrone the 'Buhari policy' narrative as the sole cause of recession.
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by dlondonbadboy: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2017
Nigeria has witnessed recession twice and guess who was in charge on both occasions? Yea, Buhari.

Make Buhari the president of America and he would drag them into recession in 14months! Fact!
Re: Economy: Okonjo-iweala Denies Criticising Buhari by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2017
I knew it was the media again selling their stuff. I think I understand her to a reasonable level to know what she will say about any government.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Suspension Of Arewa Group's Quit Notice / President Buhari's Granddaughter Rocks Blonde Wig [PICS] / Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.