Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime (8285 Views)

VIDEO: Flavour – Power To Win / If U Had The Power To Re-unite A Musical Group, Which Would It Be? / Who's Celebrity Slang Do You Like The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by ayettymama(f): 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2010
say what you wanna say

whether ur fathers and great grand fathers did it is irelevant

IT IS WRONG!!!!!

and it being accepted as 'cool'

is shameful and embarrasing

to us nigerians that work well and mean well

can u imagine

its soo bad a nigerian can no longer be rich

she either a drug pusher a fraudster a corrupt politicians daughter or a high class prosti.tute

they make me sick- talkless of the fact they are making me rascist sef!!!

positivity is good SUPPORT IT!!!

you morons!
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Str8talk: 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2010
", It is payback for slavery, , it takes these boys away from armed robbery, , country is hard, "

These excuses, if we continue using them, will come to haunt us
Kidnapping started with expartriates, now Nigerians are now being kidnapped!
The reparation for slavery excuse is targeted at foreigners; people trying to get my ATM card PIN are certainly not thinking of reparation!

The people making money from these schemes are just a small fraction of the population; we are all paying the price
Remember Mutallab's case attracted so much attention because we already had a reputation before the incident
Note that rebranding came before that incident
The people collecting "reparations" spend it on themselves and family; they cannot prove to me that they are tracing the direct descendants of the people taken into slavery and sharing the money with them
Country is hard. Yes. But we make it harder (visa, integrity?) to explore opportunities outside with our bad reputation or even compete with others for siting of plants and offices by foreign companies

In short, in the long run, we will pay a heavy price.
In 1994, foreigners used to remember soccer and some names - Rashidi, Okocha, Amuneke etc - whenever Nigeria is mentioned
today, their minds go to crime when the country's name is mentioned
It is in our hands
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by jumobi1(m): 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
The purpose of the song is corny to me. You don't kill a tree by cutting off its leafs. the root of Nigeria's reputation faces much condemnation cos we have no leaders. Lets dedicate songs to them and not to people who have degrees after years in college but can't get jobs and no way to eat. Not saying I support cybercrime in Nigeria.
No matter how hard you apply yourself, not everyone will get lucky. These guys are lucky their talent helped them cos their govt definitely didn't.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by ayettymama(f): 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^

im on the floor!!!

what abt the nigerians all over the world participating in cyber crime??

will u say the same for them

even in a country with a non corrupt gov.t there is fraud

what is ur explanation for them??

how is stealing money and using it to buy ace of spades expensive cars and sleep with prostitutes justified by complaints of a soo called corrupt gov.t
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by tayo4me(f): 12:18am On Feb 12, 2010
The song is cool, but I don't see it changing anything. The government requires more effort in order to eradicate this crime. Singing to them to stop won't make them. If they stop, what other job have they got? I should not be misunderstood, I do not in any way encourage it, but let's be realistic. Although some are greedy, most of those involved are pushed into such business by frustration.

After many years of graduating, people still go about town "begging for jobs", and they have so many mouths to feed, and you tell them not to find "solutions" to their problems. The government should exploit better avenues to put an end to this crime which seems to be waging war against the country and further denting its image, instead of getting celebrities who will not put food on their tables to sing to them.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by SeXyBoNE: 12:23am On Feb 12, 2010
My question is; Do you guys fink those yahoo guys are happy doin what they are doin?

Imagine browsing for 18hrs a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks in a month, u sit on a computer for hours just to get some $$$$. Infact its harder than being a mayguard

There are graduates that are doin yahoo, i mean i kno of guys that graduated wen i was still in secondary school, yet no job, you go to companys you will find father as a manager, wife chairman, son exec, daughter sec, inlaw, uncles, aunties, i mean nobody is interested in hiring an outsider they will form family company and yet they will come here and critise those pipo who are were  opportuned to find a job immediately they come out of school.

We should not condemn those that do yahoo, rather provide job opportunities for them
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by ayettymama(f): 12:49am On Feb 12, 2010
^^^ re u kidding me

THEY HAVE SONGS ABOUT IT!!!!

THEY EVEN HAVE A DANCE MOVE!!!

HOW HAPPY CAN THEY GET

ARE NIGERIANS THIS IGNORANT

DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by jumobi1(m): 1:05am On Feb 12, 2010
^^ ur ignorant if u think all yahoo people buy ace of spades expensive cars and sleep with love-peddlers.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by ayettymama(f): 1:16am On Feb 12, 2010
^^ no

because not all of them get money!!
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by gee2(m): 2:18am On Feb 12, 2010
who's da major distributor of da cds' think i'm interested in distribution. lol
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Str8talk: 2:32am On Feb 12, 2010
We should not condemn those that do yahoo, rather provide job opportunities for them

Really! Do you think every jobless person will take to crime
Undergraduates (who have not started looking for jobs) are doing it
Some people will not even look for jobs or serve. They just want to go into the business
Come off it! What jobs will satisfy some of these guys who have hit it. You must make them Senior manager in a bank or an oil company to wean them
I hope you realise that as the pressure is becoming greater, these guys are diversifying - ritual killing, for example
Crime begets crime - and no society founded on crime prospers!
You think Nigerians will get visas, job opportunities abroad when the integrity of its people continues to go down
Look around, some unemployed people are still determined not to take to crime
And once a criminal, it is difficult to resist strong temptation even if these guys later get good jobs
Remember that the rich also steal - it is not just need
The desire to live big often fuel some of thse activities
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Gamine(f): 2:32am On Feb 12, 2010
At the rate Nigeria is going, Maga go still need pay some people
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by egift(m): 5:51am On Feb 12, 2010
I think Microsoft is the Maga here. How much did they have to pay these guys Another group will come to them soon, more.

Its even a someones copyright. We need solution in Nigeria a not a music concert. We are not Akpumba and Timo.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by paddylo1(m): 6:22am On Feb 12, 2010
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCnl6O6bnE&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

song above. .even though i cant knock the hustle them 419 boys. .its all good
Lifes one big hustle and scam anyway. .
most of u lie to get laid,cut corners to make it,would cheat on your wife in an instant. .
and then u die. .so let all man hustle. .even the artists singing above are hustling microsoft

so who be d maga now
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by na2day2(m): 6:32am On Feb 12, 2010
Gamine:

At the rate Nigeria is going, Maga go still need pay some people
[size=40pt]
SHE'S ALIVE![/size] kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2010
beewhyfocs:

Anyway, thank God for you oo even though you are sounding ecstatic as if Maga just paid! grin

Maga never pay, I dey work my butt off here, but its not a bad idea. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by pete(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2010
waiting for the day the GOVTs. of the Western world and large Multinationals like Microsoft would gather artist, poets, authors and dancers and make movies, songs, poems and write books about THIEVING African leaders

When banks and corporations in the WEST would go on youtube and reveal accounts belonging to past and present leaders.

While yahoo yahoo and AFF is bad as bad as it could get, it doesn't lie in the same foreign entity, that has been partly responsible for pauperizing the African Nation, to come back and bewail the decadence that came as a result of their past and current action. At the least, the lack the moral credibility.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by tkb417(m): 8:35am On Feb 12, 2010
thank u Banky
tell them to go and look for somethn to do
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Kx: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2010
Can we point to one social vice that a mere song dissuaded people from indulging in?
Let Beyonce,R.Kelly,Lady Gaga,Jay Zee,infact all the superstars all the world come together
and sing,it wont change nothing.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by tkb417(m): 8:51am On Feb 12, 2010
yeah it wont change nothn

we have thousands of Pastors preaching daily, yet the crimes are increasing. But are we gonna stop preaching cos they dont wanna listen

Banky W, you have done ur bit as a responsible citizen, he who wanna listen should do so, and to those that think its all bollocks, more grease to ur elbow
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by beeke(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2010
maga most continue to dey pay big time every person for NL don dey claim saint holy nwaeze {some of NL still dey university and maybe na your parent, uncle or ONCLE dey sponsor u u fit tell me wetin him dey do to get money to pay 4 ur school fees} if ur granny dey alive abeg go ask am wetin dos stupid white men do to them and africa, 95% of african problem 2day who cos am,i no blame any person wey dey do yahoo yahoo na di law of karma DO ME I DO U some talk say e dey spoil our image for outside abeg i wan ask u which image una dey talk about wen our so called leaders dey open foreign bank account for swiss america british and so many other places wen one person go get billions of dollars 4 just one account whereby we no get road no water no light no education noting how many oyibo man pikin wey dey go school for 9ja how many oyibo leaders of d world wey get bank account 4 9ja but our own carry our money keep 4 der bank wetin dat money dey do 4 der see as america and europe dey some of this country na our money wey our God 4saken leaders keep 4 der bank na wetin them use develop their countries, if them {microhard abi na microphone}like make them bring MJ from d land of d dead make him sing MAGA GO STILL DEY PAY EVERY SEC, MIN,HOUR,AND DAY me self no wen lie my maga go pay very soon becos i don dey touch am were e dey sweet am me i dey vexxxxxxxx
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by tkb417(m): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2010
oponu alainironu ara Galatia

why u no go buy gun dey pursue all the oyinbos cos den steal ur granny money embarassed
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by blackboi(m): 10:23am On Feb 12, 2010
They'll only listen and dance to the beating of the *song* cool
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Shinatu: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2010
tkb417:

oponu alainironu ara Galatia

why u no go buy gun dey pursue all the oyinbos cos den steal your granny money embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by zeking: 10:50am On Feb 12, 2010
Maga no pay!! correct
Copy right nko?
Banky w did a maga on Rihanna umbrella turning it to u know the song!!
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by lonelypal(m): 11:08am On Feb 12, 2010
Okay i just dnt get it when sme misguided fellows open up their wide mouth to say smething all in d name of being heard,
What is bad is BAD, there is no other name to it. Poverty, Joblessness and wateva crap y'all have to say shouldn't be an excuse for indulging in crime, There are pple out there living and making it through legitimate means. To those who bleat about getting a job, Is there anything wrong in getting a little bit more enterprising to create jobs rather than waiting for what this country can do for you. Honestly there is nothing like being your own BOSS! If each and everyone in this country can adopt dis principle and stop being lazy then the scourge of unemployment in this country would be reduced. PLs dnt get me wrong, The governement has a role to play though perhaps to provide jobs and create a visible platform for others to create jobs too but untill we develope the right attitude and orientation as stated earlier on, we goin to keep on whinning over this for ages. Thumbs up to Microsoft, Banky and others, 9ice song to me. cool cool

jumobi1:

The purpose of the song is corny to me. You don't kill a tree by cutting off its leafs. the root of Nigeria's reputation faces much condemnation cos we have no leaders. Lets dedicate songs to them and not to people who have degrees after years in college but can't get jobs and no way to eat. Not saying I support cybercrime in Nigeria.
No matter how hard you apply yourself, not everyone will get lucky. These guys are lucky their talent helped them cos their govt definitely didn't.

And what do u have to say bout undergraduates and even secondary school students who indulge in it, are they frustrated by unemployment too, ?
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by sley4life(m): 11:16am On Feb 12, 2010
Leave the Yahoo boys & girls alone. Let the politician listen to the song. They are the greatest culprit. Once our leaders stop their corrupt practices like transferring money to overseas country Yah boys would stop then we have a better country.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by beeke(m): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2010
lonelypal:

Okay i just dnt get it when sme misguided fellows open up their wide mouth to say smething all in d name of being heard,
What is bad is BAD, there is no other name to it. Poverty, Joblessness and wateva crap y'all have to say shouldn't be an excuse for indulging in crime,

na u call am crime me i no sure say na crime
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by ilosiwaju: 11:59am On Feb 12, 2010
Maybe an antithesis to Kelly Handsome and Terry G's maga halleluyah chorus.
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by gidson12(m): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
i tell u, that song no go change any thing, omo boys go still dey job, maga go still dey pay wella undecided
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Str8talk: 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
There are 2 issues

Can the song change people's behaviour? - we can debate it
Can yahoo-yahoo be justified? - we should be able to say an unequivocal NO

No matter how we try to justify it, there will be holes

If we are talking about stashing money away, these guys are our people and voluntarily stashed away the money
In any case, if we can trace the money and prove that it is the proceeds of crime, we should put pressure on them to bring it back
But that is not the reason to steal from the account of an innocent widow in the US who is neither a banker nor connected to the supposedly stolen-money

Reparation for slavery cannot be done by stealing from the accounts of foreigners
To start with, you may be stealing from the accounts of a fellow black man - himself probably the direct descendants of slaves
Who is more entitled to reparation - the Nigerian con artist here whose link to the slaves is tenous or the guy that is being stolen from

Nigeria is hard, employment opportunities are few
This does not justify stealing from people who may be unemployed and are just living on money saved or from government benefits
Some of the people we are stealing from may even be ill
Re: Nigeria Uses Celebrity Power To Stem Cybercrime by Orikinla(m): 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2010
Many of the Hip-Hop Nigerian artistes are also engaged in Yahoo-Yahoo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NXXXXS - Brown Sugar Lyrics / Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? / DJ Spinall Ft. Wizkid - "Nowo" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.