Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:25 PM

Veil - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Veil (10122 Views)

The Feeling Behind The Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veil by heemah(f): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Just saw the mention. Nice story. I don't really pity Lauratu tho! She could have avoided this hell she called marriage.
Re: Veil by Lotiababe(f): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
I really pity laura....... nice piece here and weldon
Re: Veil by piroux(f): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
You didn't invite me oh, but i am here.

Does this mean Lauratu came back? sad
Re: Veil by darkid1(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2017
Interesting...
Re: Veil by Kamelot77(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2017
following
Re: Veil by renybenks(f): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
nice one, I've not really been much of a comment person on nairaland this is my 1st time. reading ur story, I just had to comment. ur story has just given me the right motivation to tell d world d fate of d daughters of the northerners who do menial jobs in the south—south and south —west region of Nigeria. as I'll be writing my first story about them soon. just to create awareness. thank you for doing this. more ink to ur Biro, may Nepa give u light so that u av enough ba3 for ur next post.
Re: Veil by Smooth278(m): 5:44am On Aug 21, 2017
Nice story, thanks for sharing.... Domestic abuse is really a problem in our society... I salute the courage of the second wife for leaving the relationship after the beating... No one should have to endure domestic violence in marriage.....
Re: Veil by Smooth278(m): 5:45am On Aug 21, 2017
renybenks:
nice one, I've not really been much of a comment person on nairaland this is my 1st time. reading ur story, I just had to comment. ur story has just given me the right motivation to tell d world d fate of d daughters of the northerners who do menial jobs in the south—south and south —west region of Nigeria. as I'll be writing my first story about them soon. just to create awareness. thank you for doing this. more ink to ur Biro, may Nepa give u light so that u av enough ba3 for ur next post.

Hi, pls gimme a mention when u start your story... All the best
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
Thank you all for your comment, I have been seriously sick for a week now that's why I couldn't make a single post.
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Smooth278:
Nice story, thanks for sharing.... Domestic abuse is really a problem in our society... I salute the courage of the second wife for leaving the relationship after the beating... No one should have to endure domestic violence in marriage.....

Thanks for the comment bro,I appreciate.
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
renybenks:

Thanks for the comment
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Kamelot77:
following
Thanks
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
darkid1:
Interesting...
Thanks
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
piroux:
You didn't invite me oh, but i am here.

Does this mean Lauratu came back? sad
Thanks you,will mention u next tym
Re: Veil by renybenks(f): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
duch12:
Thank you all for your comment, I have been seriously sick for a week now that's why I couldn't make a single post.
sowieeeee. get well and get stronger wishing u quickest recovery .
Re: Veil by ADECULATE(f): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
duch12:
ehya sorry dear, wish u a fast nd quick recovery. Patiently waiting 4 u here
Re: Veil by degelinglacis: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
Following this cool
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Creeza,
Lawlahdey, sexybbstar, jagugu88li,
ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1,
Simplebea, Nmaglit,, osleek, xamster,
sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo,
Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22,
omamush, Twinkle004, debra101,
samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave,
cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99,
ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09,
chara019, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs,
latbas, Babsopey, opal4real, Mobecs,
latbas, AndyAustin, kingsmith4,
ladyverere, KunkeAkinola, mrsuccessful,
JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane,
Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, orluuchi,
brighttech95, DavidPaul, Kaycee625,
Perfectionist11, skillz121, samwise180,
Lastking147, suffy834, Prinxxdave,
emmynku, aryan28, bossy512, nikz,
BlissfulJef, Michelle55, sunshine46,
IemFava, segunjowo, harrygold, estie92,
clitx, tusinsola, yusufibrahim,
Oyindawealth, harunablezin, EpBerezi,
chade, bentube, JeffreyJamez, boffinjay,
chukslawrence, Akposb, yewande1234,
Ikdbabie, dimeji877, bossy512,
yinkaellamz, tonye72, domido,
mendel04, remiseyi, pricelesslove,
Profmaojo, Sparkles003, tyreal,
Emmayur, ToluLolu0122, Daniyomex,
anasbeaut, saraphina, Ansasan, CherylM,
miriam1868, Fadamb, Niwdog,
JohnGainsville, pweetyz, Jsaviour,
abefe99, 1marking, Ayoomolabake,
Ayamconfidence, Hadampson,
rachealfst, Stephengee12, jane1234f,
mhizgap, naetocm, lord3plex, Slimbae,
SammieLowkey, Tinaflux, darkid1,
domido, hyuga, Olusojisorunmu,
Supizino, princ007, Topscoque,
olaoreofe, stez, maran1983,
smokeydrinky, greatface, mhizv, omoere,
Owulufelix147, Afz9095, Domance,
greeeneyes, nimat158, boldnbeautiful,
heema, stez, cooleo, bummybummy, ,
missyadorable, Vikthor, Kamelot77,
RoyaleR, Hman92, 1marking,
johnkennedy18, Zackari, iamadonis2,
yettielicious, Teespice, prisiliveth,
preciousuweh, Igweminho, janetade,
imranMotunrayo, priestchurch, surddick,
mutuality, tiffanyfan, marvwhite, Tinu02,
Epberezi, Matrix001, Nathblessing,
MrShine, , heatflux, uniknet, donobecs,
tijehi, queenitee, meneski, missmossy,
Ofez, Queensiju, dominique, donteanz,
iamharkinwaley, Ayoshewa12,
maran1983, Olusojisorunmu, Olubee22,
Lexxyla, stephmiracle, heemah, ftosino
degelinglacis renybenks piroux darkid1
Kamelot77 Smooth278 Lotiababe

Episode 9

My mother refused to return home even after she was persuaded by her family members. Zahra became seriously ill due to constant crying. She was admitted to the hospital but my mother refused to go and visit her.
“Lauratu, this is total stupidity! Your daughter is in the hospital and you have refused to go and visit her. I have never seen a mother with the type of mind you have!” Kaka Jidda uttered at my mother who was sitting on the mat with swollen eyes.
“Inna, you don’t know what I am currently passing through” my mother said with teary eyes
“Lauratu, you have to return to your husband’s house, crying won’t solve the problem. Your children are missing the motherly love they deserve. You can’t punish them for their father’s sin. ” Kaka Jidda said sitting down beside my mother. She drew her close and placed her head on her chest.
“Inna, you know I love my children and I can do anything for them” my mother said bursting into tears.
“Lauratu, every mother makes sacrifices for her children. A mother’s love is unconditional and pure. Don’t allow your children to grow up without their mother’s love”
“Inna, I will go back to the house for the sake of my children, I will give them my full love”.
“God bless you my daughter”
My mother took her bath and went to the hospital with Kaka Jidda. Zahra started getting well soon after. She was discharged from the hospital three days after my mother’s return.
Hanne went into labor on a Friday morning. She was rushed to the hospital immediately. After prolonged hours of labor, the doctor decided a caesarean section should be carried out. She was taken to the theatre for the operation. The doctor came out of the theatre; the look on his face wasn’t welcoming. My father, mother, Kaka and one of Kaka’s brother who have been waiting outside the theatre rushed to the doctor
“How is she doctor? My father asked worried
“She was delivered of twin boys” the doctor said
“Alhamdulillah!” they all said together
“How is the mother doctor?” kaka asked nervously
The doctor gulped hard. He didn’t respond.
“Doctor please say something.” My father murmured
“I am sorry, she didn’t make it. She died few seconds after the operation. I am sorry for your loss” the doctor said. My father stood stiff. My mother slowly sat on the floor and started crying. Kaka let out a cry then fainted. The people around tried to bring kaka back to consciousness but she didn’t wake up. She had to be taken to a ward and drips were administered on her.
The news of Hanne’s death travelled fast and soon, the house was filled with mourners. Her body was washed and the janahza prayer was performed. She was taken to the cemetery in our street and buried. My mother cried for ten days without eating. She fainted on the tenth day on her way to the toilet. She was forced to eat after regaining consciousness and was kept under supervision. The twins were named Bala and Inuwa. My mother took them and started taking care of them.
We moved to Zaria four years later. My father built a four bedroom flat in Zaria after the boom in his business. Most of the people he supplied goods to were living in Zaria therefore; he decided to move to Zaria. My mother went to hajj that year. It was a blissful year for the family. Things between my parents changed. The hardly fought. I was taken to a boarding school to start my secondary school. I was excited. Zahra was the most intelligent among us, at nine years, she could read and write and her English was perfect. The twins were also doing well.
Baba, my paternal grandfather died of heart disease during one of the holidays. We all went for the burial in Lere the next day the news of the burial reached us. His properties were shared among his children on the seventh day. We returned to Zaria after spending twenty five days in Lere because school has resumed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veil by Michelle55: 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
wow, nice story you've got here.. keep it coming. thanks for the invite dear
Re: Veil by renybenks(f): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
By seeing this update, it means ur back on ur feet in good health I'm so happy ur better now. nice update, had me adjusting my � seat to balance well.
Re: Veil by ADECULATE(f): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Good to ve u back duch12, pls more update
Re: Veil by Nmaglit: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2017
I love this story keep it up
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
Episode 10

My father went back to his old habit but this time, it got worst. He started keeping many concubines and whenever my mother confronts him, he will scold her and sometimes beat her. He started ignoring us. He will be in Zaria but he will not come home for almost two weeks. It was in that period that my mother gave birth to Nana and Yusuf. We thought he will change but he didn’t. Whenever he is around, we the children will never come close to him.
I was in the kitchen one afternoon helping my mother when he came back home. It was an unexpected visit. Zahra went to visit a friend of hers in the next compound while Bala and Inuwa went out to play with other children in the area.
“Welcome.” I and my mother said in Unison.
“Where are the children?” He asked.
“Zahra is in our neighbor’s house while Bala and Inuwa went out to play”. My mother replied wiping her hand with the small towel.
“What sort of woman are you Lauratu?” My father asked furiously.
“What have I done again? You asked of the children and I told you their whereabouts!”
“Don’t you dare talk back at me? You have failed as a mother.”
“Really? See who is saying I failed as a mother. When your children are busy growing up you are there going about with different women .what will you tell them when they grow up? What legacy will you leave behind for them? You think they are fools? They know what is going on!”
“How dare you insult me? I can kill and nothing will happen!” he yelled.
“I will kill you first before you kill me. I regret marrying you Musa. You are a shame to your family” My father raised his hand to slap my mother but she held it.
“What are you two doing? You are always quarrelling. ” I said angrily.
“Will you shut up and get out of my sight! You are exactly like your mother. I don’t know why I am still stock with you!” he said and left the kitchen.
“Inna you shouldn’t have confronted him like that. You know that Baba get angry easily.” I said looking at my mother.
“Audu I am tired. The only reason I am still in this marriage is because of you, my children.”
“I know that Baba have been unfair to you. I know that since I was a child. He who laugh last laugh best.”
“That is true. The food is almost ready. You can to your room now. If I need anything I will call you.” My mother said smiling. I walked out of the kitchen and went to my room.
Zahra, Bala and Inuwa got the beating of their lives that night. They were tied to the pillars in the corridor and flogged with a skin belt. My father didn’t listen to their plea. When mother left the sitting room and entered her room when she couldn’t bear it any more.
They were made to kneel down for almost thirty minutes before they were asked to enter their rooms. We, the children avoided my father throughout that week.
My mother tried her best to protect us from what is happening between her and my father. She sends us to our rooms anytime they start fighting because my father can turn the anger on us.
My mother walked into the sitting room and sat on the couch opposite my father who was watching news and seem not to get bothered by her presence. My mother cleared her voice then said:
“The children were sent from school because of school fees.”
“What do you want me to do then?” He asked, his eyes still glued to the television.
“You haven’t paid their school fees and exams will soon start.”
“I should kill myself because of their school fees.”
“This is the promotional exams and if they miss it they are going to repeat their classes.”
“Let them.” My father said and turned his head towards my mother.
“I can’t believe you just said that!” My mother said shocked. “They are your children and we are talking about their future here. You are educated for goodness sake and you know the value of education.”
“School me Lauratu! Get out of my site before I do something nasty to you this night. I don’t have stomach for your nagging and stupid talks today. Just allow me to watch the news peacefully.” My father shouted.
My mother sighed and stood up. She stared at my father for some seconds then walked into her room.
My mother lent money from one of her aunty who was living in Zaria, three streets from our house. She paid our school fees and used the remaining part of the money to buy to buy us new clothes since most of our clothes were old and worn off and my father has refused to buy new ones for us.
My father came back home that evening looking angry. He didn’t respond to our greetings. He entered the kitchen then came back to the sitting room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veil by ADECULATE(f): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hmmmmm foolish musa nd a yeye wife beater at dat. Ride on OP, u re doing a great job here
Re: Veil by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 28, 2017
Mama will be scolded for borrowing money, he maggot man refused to pay......watch.

Can someone borrow me a lighter and petrol please....
Re: Veil by ADECULATE(f): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2017
jagugu88li:
Mama will be scolded for borrowing money, he maggot man refused to pay......watch.

madam jagugu to do wat, i sha hope its wat am tinking ooo?. Lol
Re: Veil by Adesina12: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2017
jagugu88li:

You want to burn a cow? shocked
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
Episode 11

“Where is your mother?” he asked Zahra who was terrified by the look on his face.
“She is in her room.” Zahra replied shaking.
He walked and forcefully pushed the door to my mother’s room and entered. My mother who was sitting in front of the mirror turned immediately he entered.
“Who gave you the gut to report me to your father?”
“I don’t know what you are talking about.”
“Your father sent Ado to ask me why I didn’t pay my children’s school fees.’
“I didn’t report you to my father.”
“How then did he know I didn’t pay their school fees?” My father asked angrily.
“Why are you angry? You said you won’t pay their school fees so I went and lent the money from my mother’s elder sister.”
“You now go around telling people what happen in my house!”
“That is not a new thing. Everybody knows what is happening in your house.”
“How much is the money?”
“Twenty thousand naira.”
My father brought out three bundles of one hundred naira notes and threw it on the floor and left the room.

“Audu!” My father called.
“Yes Baba!” I answered from outside the house and rushed inside.
“Go and call you mother. Tell her it is urgent.” My father said. I walked, almost running to my mother’s room.
“Inna, Baba is calling you and he said it urgent.” I said to my mother who was combing her hair.
“I am coming. I hope all is well.” My mother murmured picking up her head tie from the bed. I left her room to the sitting room.
“She is coming.”
“Go and call Zahra, the two of you should come.” He said.
My heart started beating. My father don’t call you except something has happen or something is about to happen. My mother was already seated when I and Zahra came entered the sitting room. We went and sat beside my mother on the floor.
“I want to talk to the three of you about something.” My mother said.
“I have decided to get Zahra married.” My father announced. Zahra turned and looked at me terrified.
“Is this another joke?” My mother asked giggling.
“Have I ever joked with you?” My asked frowning.
“How old is Zahra that you want to get her married?”
Tears were already sliding down Zahra’s cheeks. I held her right hand tightly.
“How old were you when I got married to you?”
“I was seventeen and Zahra is just fifteen. Who even gave you this stupid idea? My daughter is not getting married now.”
“The wedding will hold next month so start preparing.”
“I can’t believe an educated person like you will ever think of such a thing. Even people that didn’t go to school don’t get their children married at early age now. People have been telling me something is wrong with you and I refused to believe them until now.” My mother yelled.
“Don’t insult me Lauratu.” My father said standing up. My mother stood up also.
“I will insult you Musa. You are mad and you need to see a psychologist a sap. No sane person will…” My mother was interrupted by two hot slaps.
“How dare…”
My father didn’t finish due to the slap that landed on his cheek. He stood stiff, mouth agape in shock. My mother has never raised her hand back at my father until today. Zahra stopped crying immediately.
“I am feed up Musa and if you ever raise your hand to slap me again I will slap you back. I won’t allow you ruin my daughter’s future. I won’t allow her live the kind of life I am living. Zahra will go to the university and become a great person.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veil by ftosino(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
Woah!! She Don Get Liver Oo, 9ce One From Her, She Should Stand Her Ground.

1 Like

Re: Veil by Adesina12: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
I support Lauratu on this oooo
House on fire....

1 Like

Re: Veil by Lotiababe(f): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
thanks for the mention. nice update as well. Now Lauratu don dey get liver. I support her sha.I dey her back

1 Like

Re: Veil by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
ADECULATE:
madam jagugu to do wat, i sha hope its wat am tinking ooo?. Lol
There's 1 man like that thinking he can get away with nonsense. I wanna experiment na
Adesina12:

You want to burn a cow? shocked
You sef.....cant a girl be short of petrol money? have a candle but no matchstick to lighten the house? Ohh you live in Aso rock so your house shine like that everyday abi? grin

These two people ontop will be disturbing me upandon yet fight dey for there. Make I collect my weapons esaypee

Where be my military men sef na? ROYH call on the squad to quickly report for duty. Tell Girlhaley shit dey for here, so she needs to come prepared....I. SAID. FULL. ARMOUR. That Lawlahdey of a lieutenant must bring the submarine squad. We are tired of this man.

Left, right
Left, right
Match match.........

Hadamspon and Adesina12 we will call you after we are finished here......prepare

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High School Love: A Story / Adventures With Theresa 18+ / My Encounter With The Lesbians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.